Want Us Back (Part II)

Written In The Sky

I broke it off thinking you'd be fine,

But now I feel sick looking at you cry.

And I want us back, yeah.

I want us back.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

I walked away as fast as I can. I didn’t want to see her crying face. I can’t stand to see her tears. If only Taeyeon wasn’t there I knew I would just ran straight to where she is and hug her, wipe away her tears and coax her. But I can’t do that. I could never do that. We’re nothing anymore.

I knew that I hurt her by doing what I am doing now, but that is the best way to save her, the best way to not let her getting hurt any further than she already is. I would rather be the one who crush her heart than letting the netizen writes some ridiculous, exaggerating articles about our relationship. And the anti-fans would be in cloud nine because they have a reason to bombard and assault her with the most excruciating, heartrending comments that they could ever think of.

It was actually my fault why this entire thing happened. I was the one to be blame. I was the reason why we got entangled in this whole insane set-up.

 

*Flashback*

 

“Jonghyun ar, wake up! Yah! It’s 10 am already. Get up you lazy bump.” Yonghwa took a pillow and smacked my face.

“Urghh! Hyung! Let me sleep okay. I’m freaking worn up here.” I ignored Yonghwa and pulled the comforter to cover my face. The sunlight was too bright till it bugged my precious sleeping time.

“Yah, wake up Jongie!”

“Noooooo!!” I grabbed a pillow and used it to cover my ear. Yonghwa’s voice was making me annoyed to the core.

“Manager hyung wants to see you. So get ready.”

Hearing the words manager hyung chased the sleepiness inside of me away. Our manager can be pretty scary sometime if we are late for our meeting. He’ll nag till you wish that your ears are clogged with waxes or perhaps deafen because when he nags, there’s no end to it.

“Weiyo?” I leaned my back against the bed.

“Molla…”

“Is he meeting the whole group?”

Yonghwa didn’t answer me. Instead he was busy checking his hand phone. It must be a text from Seohyun. That was why he can’t stop grinning like an idiot in front of me. As a revenge of waking me up from my slumber and ignoring me because of his girlfriend, I picked up a pillow and aimed for his head. And booyahhhh! My aim hit the mark 100% accurately!

“Yah!! Lee Jonghyun, what was that for?!”

“A payback!”

“Geez! So childish! Even Jungshin is more mature than you.”

“Hahaha… Like I even care.”

“Enough! Go and take a shower. Manager hyung is waiting for you at FNC.”

I got down from my bed and reached for my towel. “Only me? You, Minhyuk and Jungshin are not coming?”

Yonghwa sipped his coffee. “Nope. He only mentioned about meeting you.”

“Okay then.”

 

FNC Entertainment…..

 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

 “Ah… Jonghyun. Come in… Please, have a sit…” I pulled the chair and took a sit in front of my manager.

“Why do you want to see me hyung?”

“We need to discuss something.”

“Oh… Okay.”

“First, our management was very satisfied with your performance during Running Man Olympics. That episode was a hit and you really outshined even Yonghwa, Minho, Kwanghee, Lee Joon and L in that episode.” My manager smiled. But behind that smile, I knew there is something else that he wants to talk about.

“Tons of articles were written about you based on that variety show. And one article did catch our management’s attention. It’s about you and Sulli. Have you read about it?”

Eyes rolled. Jaws dropped. Mouth slightly opened. “Bwoh? An article about me and Sulli? Are you freaking serious, hyung?”

“Hurm… I guess you haven’t read it then. Here, look at this.” Manager hyung shoved a newspaper in front of me. The page was printed out with a picture of Sulli leaning on against my back during the ice hockey game. My eyes scanned through the article.

 

CNBLUE member Jonghyun’s sweet attention to f(x)’s Sulli raises eyebrows

On last night’s episode of popular variety program ‘Running Man‘, the show held its ‘2013 Running Winter Olympics‘ featuring a slew of idol guests including f(x)‘s Sulli, and CNBLUE‘s Jonghyun.

 

During one of the games, the cast wore extremely heavy equipment causing even the most fit players to tire more quickly.  Sulli became exhausted and politely asked if she could sit down to rest. However, that was easier said than done.

 

The ice hockey equipment made it almost impossible for her to sit unaided. SHINee‘s Minho tries to help her but the uniform is so heavy she ends up flat on her back. Then, Jonghyun offers not only to help her up, but in a sweet moment lets her use his back for support.

 

Of course this is Running Man’, so no good deed goes unpunished and the other cast members proceed to instigate things pondering if the small interaction was evidence of some sparks between the two.  MC Yoo Jae Suk jokingly asks if they were filming a drama, causing laughter among the cast, but poor Jonghyun to blush shyly.

 

Was Jonghyun just being helpful or do you think he may have more than a little fondness for Sulli?

*A real article taken from allkpop page*

 

Gosh! I can’t believe my eyes! This article is sugarcoating the simple gesture that I made for Sulli during that day.

“This is a good publicity Jonghyun. Fans were jumping in joy when they read about this article. Looks like they shipped you and Sulli to be a couple.”

Couple? Me and Sulli? Woahhhh! That’s absolutely, unquestionable, beyond any doubt IMPOSSIBLE! I have Yoona already. Well, of course I can’t tell that to manager hyung because he would grill me alive as I am having a relationship with the Nation’s number one girls group.  Fuh! Stay calm Jonghyun.

“Aniya… hyung… This article is adding too much sugar and spice to the real situation. I was just helping her out. No other meaning.”

Manager hyung scoffed. “I know but the fans didn’t see it that way. The management and SM Entertainment have come to an agreement.”

Forehead creased. “What kind of agreement?”

“You’ll be dating Sulli.”

“What????!!!! Are you freaking serious hyung?” Manager hyung’s words almost made me jumped up from my sit. Crap! Is he trying to pull my leg? If he is, it’s not even funny AT ALL!

“See my face. Am I laughing?”

I shook my head.

“Then, that means I’m serious.”

My heart raced chaotically. My brain seemed to cease function. My body was paralyzed. I gulped.

“Hyung, weiyo?”

“Because of this….” Manager hyung shoved an envelope in front of me. I showed him my ‘what-the-hell-is-this?’ face because my brain was clearly malfunctioned for the time being.

“Open it.”

It took a while before my brain finally finished being rebooted and started to send stimuli for my hand to open the envelope. And frankly speaking, I almost had a heart attack when I saw the content inside the envelope.

There were pictures of me and Yoona, some during our secret dates and the most shocking picture of all was the picture of us kissing near the SNSD’s dorm. ! I thought no one would notice us during that time. It was past midnight and clearly nobody was around. That’s why we dared to share one last kiss before she went home.

“How…? When…? Where…? Ah…. Hyung…. I can explain this.” I stuttered. Actually I was buying some time so that my brain can compute the best cover up story to convince my manager.

“These came from netizen. Jonghyun, if you want to date someone, do it behind the scene. Away from the snooping paparazzi. I’m not against your relationship but SM Entertainment and FNC really can’t let these pictures leak in the media. CN Blue and SNSD will be toast. You know how popular SNSD are and the consequences would be too much to handle even for Yoona herself.”

“What do you mean hyung?”

“Since fans began to ship you and Sulli, there’s no way they’ll accept your relationship with Yoona. They’ll tear her apart with rough and brutal comments.”

“So, this is why you’re suggesting me to date Sulli?”

“Yeah… Not only that, the management asked for you to break up with Yoona. We can’t risk the media digging any further about this matter.”

“What? No… I can’t do that! I won’t! I love her hyung.”

“Do you love her enough until you have the heart to destroy her future, SNSD’s and CN Blue’s? If you do, you’re not only bringing yourself and Yoona down but also 11 other people. Think about it Jonghyun. You know how hard being an idol is. Once a scandal exposed, all hell will break loose.”

I gulped. The words uttered from my manager really hit the mark, made sense to the dot. If I’m being selfish, I will not only crush Yoona and myself but also 11 other people would be dragged into this mess. I can’t let that happen. Everyone worked their asses days and nights to get where we are now. I won’t destroy their hard work just because of some selfish desires. I love Yoona, I really do. But I also need to take into consideration about everyone else.

“How about Sulli? What did she say about this arrangement?”

“To be honest, Sulli is waiting to see you at the other conference room. Go and have a chat with her. She’s the same as you, full with hesitation.”

“I guess I’ll do that.” I stood up from my sit.

“Jonghyun, I knew that this is hard even for the cold you. But… think about the consequences if you don’t end things with Yoona.”

“I will hyung. Just give me some time. Please…”

“All right. The management expects an answer from you in two days-time. Think carefully Jonghyun. Make the best decision for everyone’s life.”

I just nodded before I made my way to see Sulli. After I closed the door, I leaned against it. I let out a sigh. I felt a terrible weight on my shoulders. It was as if a giant boulder was laid on me and I couldn't straighten up or catch my breath entirely. Why did Yoona and I have to be stuck in this mess? Can’t we love each other like a normal couple? Arghhhh!!! I banged my head slowly on the door. Lee Jonghyun! This is not the time to think about why this happened! You need to solve this quick!

 

A/N: Since this is supposed to be a drabble, so I updated a short part about Want Us Back.

Actually, it's still a long way to go. But what the heck right!

I'll post the rest of the part soon.

Wanna write HaeSica's drabble next since I updated on GTae's today.

Now you know why Jonghyun did what he did to Yoona.

Comments are appreciated.

Next chapter about Want Us Back will enlighten you why Sulli agreed to this crazy idea. :D

Oh. and btw, sorry if it is too boring. No fluffy moment right ;p