Chapter 4

She is a Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What am I doing here? It's so dark .. no .. I mean .. so gloomy. I can see the gray disk above shining up there, the moon. I rubbed my eyes to see everything, once I opened my eyes, I saw .. trees. What the hell I am doing here? And how did I came here? How? I looked around and I can't see anything but just trees, twigs, branches, dried leaves placed on the ground.

 

"Hello?" I called out but just recieved the same word as it echoes back to me. I started to walk, I can't take it here. It's as scary as the scene I saw in The Purge movie. I keep on walking and didn't noticed that I was now running. I wanna go out from here .. from this creepy dark place. I keep on running and running until I noticed the sudden change of atmosphere. It's getting humid, and the color, it's turning .. red? Now I really want to go out from here. I can't take this anymore.

 

I run and run and run though I can feel I can't breathe anymore but I have to endure it, I will go out from here. Finally I saw a glimpse of light .. It's a weird light but I don't care, as long as I will be out from here. Once I am near to the light, I slow down my pace and started to catch my breathe.

 

I walked nearer to the place where I saw the light. Every step I took towards the light, my heart's pounding .. my lung's prohibiting me to breathe properly .. I feel like I'm dragging a 10-wheeler truck, my feeling's so heavy. What's happening?

 

I shoved all the webbed twigs covering my entire access to the light. I peeked in but couldn't see nothing .. I heard cheers, claps, whistles, woos and oows inside and .. I heard, hisses and growls .. despite of the dominating sounds of claps and cheers, I could still hear hisses and growls. Maybe because I am a racer and had sensitive ears but why were there hisses and growls?

 

I continue to slapped and shoved those twigs until I could finally sneak myself in. Dusting off all those web marks over my body before turning around and could see what's really happening. "Wow .." I gasped in awe when I finally saw what's inside. It's a wedding .. what? It's not like the proper wedding who has red carpets with flower stands along the way or romantic piano song was played. But what makes me awe it was the people in the wedding. The guests were divided into black and white tuxedo-gown wearing people. They all looked so handsome and beautiful. All of them looked so young and adorable. The red .. yes red moon's rays were illuminating their skins .. it's sparkling like they have planted crystals inside their skins.

 

I leaned my back over the wall and slowly walked to have a clear view of the groom and bride. The bride wore a simple above the knee white dress with those delicate floral and curve designs filling the simplicity of the dress. She's almost not seen, her white perfect porcelain skin looks like part of the dress and if it weren't for her hair, her brown hair, you'll not noticed which is which. I can't see her face, I wanna see her face. The groom's wearing a perfect black tuxedo as his hair's perfectly combed. I wanna see the couple's faces but the crowd's prohibiting me to see it.

 

The claps and cheers subsided as they all turned their attention to .. me. Oh wait, they're all looking at me with those .. red eyes, yellow-brown eyes. I started to panic and leaned my body on the wall even more. I gulped for a several times, they're all really looking towards me .. WITHOUT EVEN BLINKING.

 

 

"Chaerin .. RUN!" I heard someone called my name .. who is it? It sounds so familiar. I searched for it until my eyes landed at the couple's stand. I can't see their faces, it's too lustrous. The bride .. she's one who's calling me. "Chaerin .. I said RUN!" she shouted with her unexplainable hand gestures.

 

"What?!" I shouted back. The ones who are wearing black tuxedos and dresses were slowly walking towards my direction. Oh no. This is not good. "Chaerin! Run! Run for your life!" she shouted again. This time, my feet started to took a step and I then run.

 

I ran outside .. this creepy place again. I looked at the moon, it's still red. What's happening? Where the hell am I? And this? How did that girl knew me? What was that wedding? Why were the guests' eyes like that? What the ..

 

 

"Whoooooooooaaaaaaaa!" I gasped when those black wearing guys and girls were in front of me. I tried to ran to the left but some of them are already there, standing ang glaring at me. I turned to the right but still the same as well as when I turned to the back side. No way. They're circling me. Their eyes .. and .. their teeth. What the .. are they .. Vampires? No, shut up Chaerin. Vampires don't exist. They're just myths .. legends.

 

"Sorry young lady but .. Vampires are true and we are living with you. People." I looked around to see who's talking. Oh, he's handsome, tall and build up body. His face, it's too .. young, unique and flawless. He's wearing a black cresent moon with sapphire crystals as it's outline necklace. His eyes are red. He smiled to me, no .. more like he smirked.

 

Wait, how did he know about my question? Is he a mind-reader? "I am not a mind-reader, young lady. We are vampires and we already have that kind of ability inside us." he talked again. I keep on looking around with my petrified eyes. They might jumped over and would eat me if they're really vampires.

 

"Will you please let me go? I wanna go home." I pleaded. I am despirate. I wanna go home, this aura is not helping. This is my first time pleading over my freedom. Their glares and hisses are sending unbelievable chills over my nerves. This is insane. I don't know where to go. If I'll stepped back, he has his colleagues who'll stop me. Someone help me.

 

"Young Lady, why are you here?" he asked again, looking at me sternly.

 

"I-I don't even know." I replied but he just smirked, he doesn't believe me. He tilted his head from the right side to the other side while his eyes are scanning me. If only looks could kill, I'm already dead. "W-What?" I asked.

 

"I just couldn't believe that you are th—" he could even finish his sentence when I saw a red ball of .. fire?! And I know it's heading towards our direction. I gasped and just closed my eyes. I heard a decreasing flicker sounds. I peeked by opening my left eye first. The whites. I call them whites since they're wearing white clothes. They're circling around me, turning their backs on me.

 

"Gossamer!" the one wearing an aqua cresent moon with a perfect Lapis gemstone called. Gossamer?! I never heard of that name but I could read it in books, an old time books.

 

"Get out of the way Samael." he responded, I bet he's Gossamer. "No. I will not let you harm her." Yes! Finally, someone is here to save me. "W-Whoa!" I squealed when somebody carries me. I looked at him and I couldn't see his face since he's looking at the persons who're talking earlier. "Chaerin, hold on." he said. "Wha— aaack!" I screamed when he suddenly jumped off towards the tree. Oh no, this is really getting insane. I looked at his back and saw 2 ladies trailing us, I hold on to his neck while he's jumping and leaping off from those trees. I feel like my soul's left to wear he's landing his foot and will just comeback to me once he landed on another on and took my soul away again.

 

I couldn't even properly visualize everything that we've passed. It's too fast to process everything or more like, he is so fast. I cupped my eyes and suddenly saw a green ball flying towards .. us?! "Watch out!" I called his attention but it's too late. We flew back and he immediately hugged me. His body slammed on the nearest tree which was immediately cut down because of the impact. We rolled together while he's still hugging me, protecting me from those rocks or any sharp objects coming our way.

 

He groaned as he slowly lifted his body away from me. My heart's beating so fast. "You okay?" he asked me. His face above me is blurry because of the dark light .. I blinked my eyes and awkwardly smile. "I-I am. Y-You?" he nodded and suddenly I felt liquid fell on my face. I immediately wiped it and I am sure it's blood. It's his blood, the metallic and rusty odor. I know it's blood though I can't properly see it.

 

"No. You're not. You're hurt." I said and was about to touch his face when someone called.

 

"Claudius .." he immediately stood up and faced the direction of the voice. I stood up immediately and brushed all these dried leaves sticking in my clothes. So he is Cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter