Chapter 1

She is a Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTE : There will be a series of POV switching among Dara, Chaerin and of course, Mine. I might also include some of the other characters' POVs if it's necesarry. Don't be so confused about the switching, you'll still know who's talking during the chapter without the POV labels, I'm gonna aid it. So, Enjooooooy!

 

 

 

 

*****

 

I stirred from my sleep when I was greeted by the unmistakable aroma of … autumn. It's November. You know how people say they can “smell rain” before it comes? I can too, but I can also smell seasons. And the scent of autumn is a very powerful one. This autumn scent is delicious and pungent, and it can take form of a concentrated powder or a cinnamon stick. Its aroma adds a deep and zesty flavor. It's always been that way.

 

Autumn is a strange time for me. I love it. I crave for it, really, all year long, I can’t wait for it to get here. There’s a tangible shift in the atmosphere from carefree days of summer to the slightly darker, more introspective aura of autumn. The time of stepping on  our gas pedals to produce the sound we always love from our cars for some practices. Althought it's usually sunny and could really really turn us into a sticky-stinky tire smell people, we all love it because after three months, winter solstice will be here, meaning we couldn't be able to hold our steering wheels for 3 months.

 

Steering wheels .. ahhh, I would really really miss that thing including my checkered style racing car that attracts almost all of the people when I'm getting ready for another SUPER 1600 RACE. My dream of being under the Super 2000 will always be a dream, why? It's because of my dad's work. Have to leave my hometown, my school and my passion bringing only my clothes, shoes, family and myself.

 

I'm going to miss everything here, my friends, my unbelievable classmates and schoolmates. Why unbelievable? They keep on squealing or even whispering — when I can even hear it, once I stepped my shining shoes inside the campus especially the girls. I couldn't stop asking my friends which are normally boys that mostly are my trackmates why are they acting that way and I got the same replies from them. "Girl, they love you like .. admires you .. or attracted to you .. or they even pleasuring theirselves while thinking of you." Who wouldn't be creeped out when you heard that? Girls, they liked me? Obviously the same as them, a girl! Actually, I'm also attracted to girls but take note, just a normal admiration not the ual admiration.

 

They even dubbed me as an Ultimate Crush or the Perfect Partner. That's really .. odd to think. Even my younger brother and older sister teases me because of that. Got daily flowers, rilakkuma — they even researched my favorite teddy bear, or even chocolates placed on my desk. Since middle school, I always got these kinds of presents everyday, they would even put letters along with it. France may have liberated citizens but not my family, oh .. not me. I'm still a pure blood korean and that's the reason why dad wants us to keep it with us, at least our dignity as humans.

 

Boys and Girls with the same age as mine would spent their lives partying every night and end up sending theirselves at school, light-headed, having  with whom they bump in the club and drugs. Geez, can't they just show some respect for their bodies? But honestly, I'm gonna miss this kind of atmosphere.

 

 

 

"Girl, I'm really gonna miss you." said Brandon, my geek buddy. Well, we got to get along since we're both interested in Physics.

 

I hugged him, I'm gonna miss this weirdo. "I'm gonna miss you, Bud. Take Care, okay?" then he nods. I turned around and faced my circle. "Damn Chaerin, why do you have to leave?" said Brenda, Brandon's twinnie. They're kinda, opposite, actually. One thing is that she's a girl, plus she gets to hang out every night and I wouldn't be shock if soon, she's gonna tell us she already got banged a couple of times. Creepy.

 

"Work. I can't stay away with my family, you know that."

 

 

"I still have spare bed in my room, you can stay there." said Isaac, my middle school best bud. He's kinda dork that's why we get along.

 

"Naaah. I don't wanna be corrupted. I know you usually brings your girls inside your room. I don't wanna hear wet sounds. Geez, Disgusting." along with my aegyo face caused a small snickering inside the circle. He rolled his eyes and throws something as I quickly catched it. "What's thi— oh Isaac."

 

He smirked. "In case." I eventually throw him back that disgusting jelly pack. "I'm obviously not like you. ert!" he shrugged, showing me his teasing smiles, well, he's handsome.

 

"Naaah. Don't mind him. Here Chae, just in case you'll get hungry." said Emily and offers a bag of .. "Cookies!" I squealed. "You baked this?" she nodded weakily. I smiled softly and hugged her. "I'm gonna miss this, Emily. Thank you so much!" I might say, she's the best cookie baker in town, better than my mom.

 

"Buddy, I'm gonna give you my ... lucky gloves. Take Care of it, okay?" said Tristan as he handed me his racing gloves. His first and luckiest gloves. "Dude .. No. No. It's your favorite." I pushed his hand back, he shakes his head and smiles. "You're my favorite trackmate that's why I want you to bring this with you." he said that caused a little squeals and snickers from my circle. He actually courted me for .. I don't know how long, to tell you, he's very loyal. Why? He's still courting me up until now. Too bad he can't have his yes. I don't have plans for any long distance relationship, we'll just gonna end up, breaking.

 

I smiled. "Thanks, Buddy!" I hugged him and leaved a kiss mark under his cheek and he obviously turns red. I just wanna leave that one for him. His sweet and gentleman. Oh, take note! Never been touched — as far as I know. 

 

 

 

I then saw my dad waving, signaling that it's time to go. "So guys, I guess .. it's time for me to leave. You all take care, okay? Visit me there on summer." we hugged for the last time and saw my girl friends, crying. "No. Don't cry, okay? We'll see each other soon. 11 hours away is not that .. far."

 

Once they all calmed down I hugged them back then started to walked out from the campus. Dubbed as an Ultimate Crush or Perfect Partner, those who have no classes gathered outside the campus to bid goodbyes. Giving me another chocolates, rilakkumas, letters and flowers for the last time. I'm gonna miss this popularity, really.

 

 

"Tu vas nous manquer, Mademoiselle Chaerin." they all said in chorus.

 

"Gonna help ya, noona." Taemin said as he grabbed the presents away from my hands and deposit it to the trunk. I sighed and looked at my school, for the last time. "I'll really miss you." I whispered in the air.

 

"Au revoir tout le monde. Prendre soin." I waved back and deposits myself at the backseat with unnie and Taemin. "Ready?" asked dad. "Tous Ensemble." we replied back.

 

 

As soon as dad stepped on the pedal, my circle and the other students waved their hands towards us, some did follow our car until we finally drived out the campus. I sighed. This place is such a big part of me, actually, it's almost a part of me, I've grew up here, started to drool over boys here, started to go stinkiness along the road and almost everything. I'm gonna leave this place and the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter