That One Night

In Love With My Gay Best Friend
This. Is. The. Worst. Birthday. Ever.
 
Jinah thought as she checked her newly painted nails for the umpteenth time. She was out with her friends to a noreabang with the pretense of celebrating her birthday a day early. Sliding further down into the leather couch, Jinah's only wish was to disappear.
 
Even if it was her birthday celebration, no one barely talked to her. They were having too much fun singing and watching Chunji flirt with Byunghun. She swore that if she suddenly disappeared, no one would know. 
 
Looking over at Chunji and Byunghun doing couple shots, Jinah decided that she would be leaving early. Not only was she not having any fun, her heart was breaking into a million itty bitty pieces. She can't count in two hands how many times she saw Chunji lip-locking with Byunghun. Both in private and in public.
 
That's the downside of having a skinship loving best friend. 
 
Making her mind up based on impulse, Jinah grabbed her coat and purse and stood up to leave.
 
"Yah! Where do you think you're going?" A semi-tipsy Ricky asked.
 
Jinah put her index finger to her lips and winked. 
 
"I have to go now," Jinah whispered to Ricky. Ricky giggled before waving Jinah off.
 
"Babai~~" Ricky whispered back before giggling.
 
Jinah smiled before sneering at the tipsy Ricky. She hated seeing people drunk. It was so demeaning. And with that, Jinah left the room.
 
•••••
 
ChunJi was all the while talking to Byunghun. 
 
"Byunghun, do you love me?" Chunji pouted.
 
Byunghun looked over at Chunji with an amused smile. "Of course I do."
 
"Then why won't let me call you Byungie!" Chunji whined. 
 
"Because the name is so..." Byunghun shuddered. 
 
"But it's cute!" Chunji hissed.
 
"Uhm, no. It's not?" Byunghun laughed. 
 
"Hmpff," Chunji said, facing away from the blonde hair shorted dude. 
 
"Aigooo, don't be like that." Byunghun said, wrapping his thin arms around Chunji's hips. 
 
Chunji tried to stay angry but as soon as Byunghun pulled out his hurt puppy look, his resolve crumbled. 
 
"Don't be angwee~" Byunghun said in an aegyo filled voice.
 
"Don't do aegyo. It doesn't fit you," Chunji said before chuckling and turning in Byunghun's arm so they sat face to face.
 
"I love you," Byunghun said, staring lovingly into Chunji's eyes. 
 
"I love you too," Chunji was about to go in for a kiss when...
 
"Yah!"
 
Chunji turned to Ricky and saw Jinah ready to leave. Chunji watched silently as Jinah sneered at the tipsy Ricky before leaving the room silently.
 
Chunji didn't have the heart to make her stay. He knew that Jinah wasn't having any fun. The only thing he regretted right now is the fact that he seemed to have ignored his best friend. 
 
 
•••••
 
 
It's 12 AM in the morning and Jinah was stuck sitting by the curb. Her house was way too far to walk, adding how tired she was, she was forced to wait for a taxi cab to pass buy. 
 
Her faced buried in her arms as she tried to fight of the bitter cold. 
 
••••
 
Minsoo was young, wild and drunk. Staggering out the gang's personal club, Minsoo was a mumbling mess. The world was moving side to side and his inability to stay balanced wasn't helping.
 
Clutching the wall, Minsoo made his was to the nearest curb. Plopping down on the curb, Minsoo leaned against the light post. 
 
"Hmmmm," Minsoo said, further burying his head.
 
"What the fudge are you doing, Bang Minsoo?" the post spoke.
 
"Wah!" Minsoo pushed away from the talking post.
 
"Are you drunk?!" The post asked.
 
Squinting his eyes, he stared intently at the so called "post", trying to make out where he'd seen it from.
 
"Ah! Kim Jinah! Ice cream girl!" Minsoo laughed loudly, clutching his stomach.
 
"Aigoo, you are drunk." Jinah said, pushing herself off the curb. She was about to walk away when Minsoo grabbed her hand.
 
"Are you seriously leaving a raving drunk man by a curb?" He said in his slurred speech. Eyes focusing on Jinah's collarbone. 
 
"... maybe..." Jinah said, looking away. 
 
"No. Stay here," Minsoo chuckled, pulling harshly on Jinah's arm. Jinah was pulled to the ground, landing on her bum. 
 
"Go home, Minsoo. You're drunk." Jinah said sternly.
 
"But I don't wanna go home!" Minsoo roared loudly, his voice echoing down the deserted street. 
 
"... You have too..?" Jinah said uncertainly. 
 
Jinah has never dealt with a drunk person in her life. She tried her best to stay away from those kind of people. She just didn't like how crazy and straight-forward people get when they get drunk. Disgusting. 
 
"No. Problems there. No," Minsoo said, hugging Jinah by the waist. 
 
"Minsoo, let go. Your drunk," Jinah said, prying his muscled arms off her.
 
Jinah must admit though that Minsoo's arms where to die for. They were so solid that Jinah just wanted to...
 
Just wanted to uhm...
 
them. Yes. In Jinah's 20 years of living, only Bang Minsoo made her want to muscles. 
 
"No," Minsoo barked back tightening his hold on Jinah.
 
"Minsooooo!" Jinah whined, trying to squirm out of his hold.
 
Jinah was expecting a reply from the beast. But all she heard was even breathing.
 
"What the... Minsoo, are you sleeping?!" Jinah whispered screamed. 
 
Grabbing a hold of his hair, Jinah tilted Minsoo's hair back to check.
 
"Mother of gummy bears!" Jinah hissed.
 
The gorilla was asleep!

 

BWEEEEEP BWEEEEP BWEEEEP
 
Jinah rolled over in her bed, hands slapping wildly at the snooze button of her alarm clock.
 
BWEEEEP BWEEEEEP BWEEEP
 
"What the..."
 
Jinah forced her right eye to open so she could stare down at the offending piece of machinery. The alarm was clearly turned off since the digits on the clock wasn't blinking wildly. 
 
BWEEEEP BWEEEEEP BWEEE-
 
Jinah smiled as the annoying tone stopped mid-beep. Rubbing her eyes, Jinah laid back down on her bed. Eye's closing slowly, Jinah was about to go back to dreamland when...
 
"KIM JINAAAAAAAAH!" 
 
Jinah shot up, recognizing the shrill voice of ChunJi's voice. Next thing her sleepy mind knew was that ChunJi was kicking her bedroom door open with a furious face.
 
••
 
After being dragged out her room mercilessly by an angered Chunji, Jinah wasn't all to happy. 
 
"What the frooker are you doing barging into my house at 6 AM in the morning, Lee Chanhee?!" Jinah sternly said. Trying to look as scary as you could possibly be when you just woke up from bed. 
 
Chunji stopped in his tracks and stared evilly at me.
 
"What am I doing? What am I doing?! The question here is, what were you doing!" Chunji huffed.
 
"Huh? I don't get what you're blabbering about, Chanhee. It's too early in the morning, go back to sleep." Jinah rolled her eyes. 
 
"You don't get what I'm blabbering about?! You don't get- what- I'll show you what I'm talking about." Chunji huffed off to the front room with Jinah watching him with confusion. 
 
"This!" Chunji said, walking back into the room with a shirtless Minsoo in tow. 
 
"What the? Minsoo! What are you doing here?!" Jinah exclaimed.
 
Minsoo shot Jinah a weird look.
 
"We went home together last night?" Minsoo stated. 
 
"Pah! Jinah, explain to me why Minsoo is shirtless?!" Chunji snapped, shaking Minsoo.
 
"Yeah. Gay guy. Stop shaking me!" Minsoo barked. 
 
"Gay guy? Oh, so you're disrespecting me now too, huh?" Chunji said, getting all up in Minsoo's face.
 
"Got a problem?" Minsoo said, not backing down.
 
"Yeah. I got a problem!" Chunji barked back.
 
"Yah! No fighting in my house!" Jinah yelled from her position on the couch. 
 
Both guys turned to look at Jinah, who was in nothing but an over-sized shirt and boxers. 
 
"It's 6 in the morning and you guys are already giving me a head ache. Chunji, why are you over reacting? Nothing happened." Jinah said, facepalming herself.
 
"Oh yeah? Nothing happened?! Then why are you wearing Minsoo's shirt huh? Huh?" Chunji snapped back, hands planted on his hip. 
 
"Because..." Jinah trailed off.
 
Why was she wearing Minsoo's shirt anyway...
 
"See! You can't explain yourself, can't you?" ChunJi was just about to explode.
 
"Dude. Girl. Durl or whatever. Calm down. Nothing happened, okay?" Minsoo explained.
 
He really wasn't the type to calm a fight down, but it was 6 in the morning and his head was aching. All he wanted to do is get this over with and go back to sleeping in Jinah's bed. 
 
"Don't you tell me to calm down! You calm down!" Chunji said, pushing Minsoo out of his way before charging out the room. 
 
A moment of silence passed and Jinah and Minsoo's eyes connected.
 
"Aren't you leaving?" Jinah raised her eyebrow.
 
"Your wearing my shirt," Minsoo smirked at him. 
 
Jinah rolled her eyes at how childish he could get. 
 
"I want you out of my house as soon as possible." 
 
"Can't I stay-"
 
"I said out!" Jinah jumped off the couch and rushed to her room. 
 
Taking off Minsoo's shirt and quickly putting on one of her own, Jinah kicked open the door to reveal a confused Minsoo. 
 
"Out."
 
Jinah threw the shirt at him and pointed at the door.
 
"What did I do?" Minsoo mumbled. 
 
With a push, Minsoo was out the door. Jinah gripped the doorknob tight and slammed it shut with a BLAGH.
 
Leaning against the door, Jinah slid down unto the ground, her hands covering her face as she cried.
 
She didn't mean to do what she did last night. She didn't. She was sad and tired. She just wanted an escape from it all...