Meeting Minsoo

In Love With My Gay Best Friend

The stuff I'm posting right now can be considered as the introductory chapters so sorry if it's boring you right now. I promise that it'll get better soon. Jealousy, over-protectiveness and other stuff will be coming soon. ;)


 

It has already been 2 weeks since Jinah and ChunJi last talked to each other. ChunJi was busy with his boyfriend while Jinah was busy emptying out the ice cream section of the supermart down the road. It’s a pre-depression thing, not that the writer knows anything about depression.

••••

Standing in front of the ice cream fridge in dairy section of the supermart, Jinah was silently debating whether to get Cookie Dough or Cookies n’ Cream for today’s ice cream tub.

As she stared down the ice cream containers with her prodding hazel eyes, Jinah felt a prescence behind her.

“Uhm, miss? Can you excuse me?”

Jinah turned around to see a man’s well built chest hidden behind a black wife beater. Trailing her eyes upward, she met eye-to-eye with a handsome face.

“Oh, I’m sorry!” Jinah excalimed, stepping out of the man’s way.

The man smiled a killer one-sided smile before resuming his act of opening the fridge door and getting his choice of ice cream. Being the curious girl she is, Jinah quickly scanned the label of the tub.

Harvey Harvest’s Ice Cream in French Salted Caramel flavour.

“Uhm, sir, is that any good?”

Jinah didn’t mean to look like she was meddling in some other man’s business. But she’ve never tried that kind of flavor yet; it might be good. Who knows?

“Try it for yourself,”

The guy in the black wife-beater smirked before throwing her the cold pint which she hurriedly caught. She wouldn’t want to pay for any damage a random flying tub of ice cream might cause.

Smirking at her one last time, wife-beater dude grabbed his own tub of ice cream from the fridge and then saluted her good bye. It wasn’t one of those military kind of salute, by the way, it was the two- kind you would see hot guys on drama do. The y black wife-beater wearing man started to walk away.

“Oi! What’s your name?” Jinah asked.

Smooth, Jinah. Smoooooth.

The y man turned around with a smirk on his lips.

“My name’s Bang Minsoo,” he said with a wink.

If Jinah was born a scoop of ice cream, she swore that she would’ve melted into a creamy delicious puddle right then and there.

“My name’s Kim Jinah, if you’re wondering.”

“Nice to meet you, Kim Jinah. See you around,” Minsoo said without looking back. Jinah could hear the smile in his voice.

Did she mention that Minsoo’s voice was also y? All deep and rumbling. Makes her toes curl, to tell you the truth.

Jinah blushed at the thought. Realizing what was happening, Jinah quickly slapped herself. Getting a crush on some random hot dude wasn’t really her thing. Plus, she still hasn’t given up hope that ChunJi may be straight.

Shrugging, Jinah picked up her grocery basket from the floor and made her way to the cleaning supply section. She needed a new box of detergent. While walking her way towards the specific aisle, she spied a glimpse of Minsoo paying for his ice cream. Smiling to herself, she hoped that their paths will cross once again.


 

It’s been two and a half weeks since Chanhee and Jinah got to hang out, and Chanhee was starting to miss his squishy best friend. So getting his off the couch in his living room, he made his way to the telephone to invite Jinah over. Normally, you don’t ask someone to randomly come over to your house without at least a day or notice, but that was never a problem between Jinah and Chanhee. They could come to each other’s house whenever they feel like it.

Jinah picked up after the third ring.

“Y’ello?” Jinah answered.

“Hey Jinnie, it’s me ChunJi. What’re you doing?”

“Nothing, just eating ice cream.”

“Vanilla?” ChunJi knew that it was her favorite ice cream flavor.

“Hahaha, nope. It’s French salted caramel.”

“Sounds fancy.”

“Yeah, not much”

“So, do you want to come over?” ChunJi asked, twirling the telephone wire over his finger.

“Right now?”

“Yep. You free?”

ChunJi heard rustling noises from the other line and was followed by a loud “ooff”

“Yep. I’m free. Be there in 5 minutes.”

“M’kay. See ya, baby girl.”

Jinah chuckled before answering, “see ya, Chunji”

•••••

Ten minutes later, Jinah has arrived, the TV was set to watch a horror movie, the speakers were on high for a maximum terror experience, the popcorns were popped, the chip’s bag ripped open, and piles of cokes and sprites were piled high on the coffee table.

“Are you sure you can handle watching The Grudge?” Jinah asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Are you calling me a coward, baby girl?” ChunJi shot back.

Jinah merely shrugged her shoulder with a smirk before answering, “I’m not calling you anything.”

•••••

15 minutes in the movie, ChunJi suddenly asked a question he’s been itching to ask since Jinah arrived.

“So, what have you been doing for the past 2 and a half weeks?”

Jinah shrugged. “Nothing much. I’ve been eating ice cream. And oh, I met this dude at the supermarket.”

Chanhee’s eyebrows knit together. “And…?”

“Well, he’s cute. He has nice muscles-” ChunJi’s eyes unconsciously drifted towards his slight arm muscles “-super y deep voice-” ChunJi noticed that Jinah shivered at that part “-and a killer- smirk!” Jinah full out giggled at that part.

“Did you get the dude’s name?”

“Yeah. His name is Bang Minsoo.”

“Ah. Bang Minsoo. Wait what?! B-bang Minsoo?! Did you just say Bang Minsoo?! Don’t tell me you just said Bang Minsoo?!”

Jinah shrugged, “I said Bang Minsoo.”

ChunJi jumped up from his position and clutched Jinah’s shoulder and shook her a bit.

“Do you know who Bang Minsoo is?! DO YOU?!” ChunJi exclaimed with wide eyes and nostril before shaking the soul out of Jinah.

“Obviously not. Who is he?” Jinag managed to say between all the shaking ChunJi was doing.

ChunJi dramatically fell to the floor with a huff.

“If you must know, Jinnie baby, Bang Minsoo is a notorious gang member. They’re like one of the scariest gangs in the history of Seoul. Even Korea! They’ve killed a lot of people just because those people crossed them. BECAUSE THEY CROSSED THEM! Do you understand who he is now?” Chunji shouted from his position on the floor.

“I understand who he is, but I really don’t care.” Jinah said, checking her nails out.

It took a couple of moments before ChunJi got over his shock.

“WHAT?!”

Jinah swore the world shook.

“I said I don’t care, haha.” Jinah shrugged, slyly looking at Chunji from the corner of her eye.

ChunJi jumped up from his position on the floor and resumed shaking Jinah’s shoulders.

“Jinah, he’s a gang member. A. Gang. Member.” Chunji enunciated each word perfectly.

“He could be a wanted criminal, for all I care. I see who I want to and flirt with who I want.” Jinah said, sticking her nose up in the air.

ChunJi, exasperated, collapsed onto his gray recliner.

“You never were the best choice maker,” ChunJi whispered with a slight smile.

Jinah laughed and sat on ChunJi’s lap. “You know me so well.”

Chunji chuckled slightly.

“Just take care of yourself, okay? Think straight and if those guys hurt you, ually and emotionally, tell me.” Chunji smiled as Jinah hit him playfully at the “ually” part.

“I will. Hahaha, now! Back to the movie, or are you too scared to continue?” Jinah had a mischevious glimmer in her eyes.

Chunji threw Jinah off his lap and stuck out his tongue at her.

“Game on!”