They Are Dating

In Love With My Gay Best Friend

"We're dating"

 
Kim JinAh stared dejectedly at their linked hands. 
 
"I'm happy for you!"
 
Uhm no, Jinah wasn't happy for them at all. It's not that she didn't like Byunghun; she did. But she didn't like the fact that her best friend was dating him.
 
"I'm glad you are!"
 
Well, the truth is that she really wasn't expecting that her best friend was truly gay. Yeah, Chanhee did flirt with a lot of boys during their high school years, but up until now, Jinah has always thought that it was just a weird teenage phase Chanhee was going thru. Guess it wasn't.
 
But the thing is, she didn't have anything against two perfectly handsome men going out together. She was all for the gay movement. Go gay marriage! But Jinah has this little secret. Okay, it wasn't really a little secret, but we needn't go into details. Anyways, Jinah's itty bitty secret was that she may have a small almost non-existent crush on her long time best friend, Chanhee, or better known to their group of friends as ChunJi. 
 
Haha, who is she kidding, Jinah has a huge crush on ChunJi. That's why she always had a small glimmer of hope inside her that ChunJi was indeed straight and this was just a phase. Well that hope wasn't really crushed by the fact that ChunJi was dating a boy, but it sure was dampened.
 
••••••
 
On a cold Saturday afternoon, inside a little cafe where the food was actually worth the price, sat 3 people: 2 of which was in a relationship while the other one was having a staring contest with the ice in her mocha frappe. 
 
Now in that small table by the corner, the atmosphere was a complete contrast to the cafe's overall comfortable feel.  Well, it felt that way for Jinah.
 
Being the third wheel wasn't fun for anyone. It was bad enough when you were the third wheel for a straight couple, it felt even worse if you were one for a "curly" couple.
 
Hahaha, see what the writer did there?
 
Okay, back to the story. Jinah's eyes were wandering around, trying their best to not land on the happy couple across from her. Too bad her ears didn't feel like ignoring the couple and instead, took it upon themselves to listen in on their conversation.
 
"Byungie, say ahhhh" Chunji said with an aegyo voice.
 
"Ani. It's your cake; you eat it." 
 
"Come on, just one bite. It wouldn't ruin your figure. Heck, it wouldn't have ruined your figure if I stuffed this whole cake slice down your throat."
 
"Uhm, yes it will?"
 
"No, of course it won't. And if it did, you'll still be y to me."
 
Hahahaha, okay, ew. Jinah didn't need to hear that. Like, at all. Their conversation was rated. *quark*
 
•••••
 
Feeling that she had enough of this sickly sweet flirting, Jinah awkwardly cleared . Chunji stopped mid-blabber as his eyes floated away from Byunghun and into Jinah's eyes.
 
Jinah waved.
 
"Yes, Jinnie?" Chunji smiled.
 
"Uhm, I, uhm, have to go..." Jinah awkwardly smiled.
 
"Aw? Really? But we were having so much fun!" 
 
Jinah's smiled widened. Almost to the point that it hurt her cheek.
 
"Yeah... So much fun. But my mom just texted..." Jinah said.
 
Chunji and Byunghun smiled at her. Jinah realized that they were waiting for her to tell them what the text was about.
 
"Mom said that her... Dog died. Yup. That's right. And she needs help with burying it." Jinah's eyes shifted slightly before she smiled brightly.
 
"I didn't know your mom had a dog," ChunJi stated.
 
"Yeah, well she got it yesterday. Did I ever mention my mom at being a pet owner? No? Well, she at it. Ahahaha, I have to go now. See you around, k? Bye Chunji! Bye Byunghun!" 
 
And with that, Jinah grabbed her bag and retractable umbrella and fled the scene without waiting for their replies.
 
••••
 
On the way out, Jinah passed by a waiter with a nice talking to his co-waiters. And her ears couldn't help but eavesdrop on their conversation.
 
"Hey dude, did you see those two gay guys over at table 6?" said Mr. Nice ' friend.
 
"Hahaha, yeah man. Did you see that blonde hair's face? Man, if he was a girl, I'd tap her." quipped Mr. Nice .
 
Jinah's eyebrows knitted together. 
 
How dare he talk about my best friend's boyfriend like that?
 
Devising a quick revenge, Jinah extended her retractable umbrella and aimed it behind Mr. Nice .
 
Mr. Nice , meet my little friend Seniora Umbrella.
 
And with a slight swing, the umbrella collided with Mr. Nice 's with a crisp PWOSH;  effectively sending him tittering forward before falling into his friend's arms. Smiling at her work of art, Jinah quickly fled from the scene of the  crime.
 
That'll teach em to disrespect my best friend. 
 

So what do you guys think? Love it or hate it? I tried my best in writing it, and I hope I satisfied you guys. Comment down below your opinion~ I'd love to hear from you guys. I was supposed to update thing thing tomorrow, but I got super excited because of the number of subbies I got. Hihihi (^~^ ). Enjoy. Comment. Subscribe. Upvote if you want ;)

I feel like a YT star. OMFG

~Orange_Carnival

(poster by orange_carnival)