REPLACEMENT.

TILL HIS HEART BEATS AGAIN
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Hyung!” Drake called the moment he saw me walking in the firing range.

I waved my hand at him then shouted “I can feel that you two need another human here!”

The siblings chuckled. A while ago, I decided to ask Mummy if I can work with MG and Drake in the firing range. At first my mother in-law is still having second thoughts, but she gave in after a while.

“Are you sure of this Jiyong? I mean…you’re so used to working….but not in this kind of field…managing a firing range isn’t easy…it isn’t as fun as performing on stage and the salary that you’ll earn is maybe a hundred times lower than what you’re earning in one performance” she said.

I sighed then smiled “Mummy….I know that this new job can really get the best out of me….simply because I don’t really know how it works…but….I want to give it a try….after all….I’m not doing anything here…Belle is in school every day and will not be home till late afternoon…I really think that it’s just right for me to work coz even though I’m still earning because of my music….it’s going to be much better if I have extra income…in this way I can just save the money that I’m earning in Korea for Belle’s future and use the one that I’ll earn in the firing range as our weekly budget” I explained and she gave me a sweet smile.

To be honest, working in a different field is a bit of a challenge to me because all my life, the only thing that I know I can excel in is performing and doing music, and now that I’ve turned my back on it already, my only choice is to try something new and put my best foot forward to do well.

And with that, I started my first day at work with counting the newly delivered bullets. This is so far from what I’m used to doing, but I’m all good with it since it’s much lighter than rehearsing for hours. I’ll take this opportunity to learn about guns and of course, learn how to fire as well.

“This is just so surreal” MG said while arranging the gun tools.

I smirked “Why is that?” I asked.

“Oppa…you’re G-dragon…one of Korea’s top celebrities….you’re not supposed to be here” she answered, making me chuckle.

“MG” I touched her shoulder then sighed “Not because I’m a celebrity…it already mean that I can’t do anything outside the entertainment world…yes….it is hard to have a new job that is not your forte and is new to you….but then again…it’s an adventure….a new discovery….something that will make you realize that you’re capable of doing other things outside the world that you’re used to living in….that you’re just like any other people out there….you can work anywhere and succeed in it…you see…there are a lot more things than the stage and the popularity” I told her.

She nods her head in agreement “You know what Oppa? If Ugly is still alive…I’m sure that she’s going to go crazy because I know so well that seeing you off the stage and having this kind of job is not what she imagined you doing” she said, making me laugh.

To Billie, I’ll always be a superstar, but even with that thought in mind, she still treated me like a normal person. Someone who is free even if he’s not. Someone who is at peace even though his world is very chaotic and messy. I’m so sure that my wife is smiling down from heaven because I’ve worked my way to being normal without making a list just to have a taste of it.

It seems like working in a firing range is not as heavy as I thought it would for all I do is change target papers, write the numbers of the rented guns, count bullets, and call to have a deep-cleaning service tomorrow. When it comes to fun, well, MG, Drake and I knows how to make ourselves enjoy even in the middle of work.

“OH! There’s Lyric’s group again!” Drake pulled me by the shirt lightly, shocking the hell out of me.

Aigoo. This guy is really into that model and just the sight of her friends can make him go crazy already. Oh well, it’s understandable anyway for I’ve been in that stage and much worse.

“Wait” he’s extending his neck as far as he could just to get a glimpse of his precious crush.

He looked at me with a confused look on his face “Where is she? They’re only six out there” he said and I looked out to see it for myself.

It is true. The girl who has a Billie feel in her isn’t around. Oh! I think I know why.

“I forgot to tell you” I said, making Drake look at me “I bumped into her in the dance school where Belle is learning ballet this morning…maybe she’s still there…dancing or whatsoever” I finished.

“Really Hyung? Aigoo…why are you always seeing her around? I envy you” he bowed his head down then sighed.

I laughed hard “Yaaa…what’s there to envy about?” I asked.

He shrugged “I don’t know….but…I really want to see her on the streets…not just here in the range” he said, making me smirk “hyung” he called, making me look at him.

“mmmm”

“Can I say that I’m already in-love?” he asked and at that point, I almost flipped out.

My lovely brother in-law is just fourteen years old going fifteen. He’s a teenager but very mature for his age. Then again, he’s still a kid and I don’t think that his heart is capable of loving someone seriously yet.

“You see” I said then sat on the chair behind me “Love is different from admiration…you’re still young and right now…love is a big word for you….having a crush is not being in-love…it’s just admiring someone…and that is normal....but….it’s so far from being in-love” I told him.

“How do you know when you’re in-love anyway?” he asked curiously and I started to think deeply.

How do I know? To be honest, I really don’t know the answer to that question. Yes, I’ve fallen in and out of love before and is still in-love with my wife who passed away years ago already, but even with that, I don’t know how I fell in-love coz it just hit me and has never left ever since.

“Actually…love will just hit you like thunder…its impact will shake your whole being…there are times wherein you thought that you won’t fall for this person…but in the end…you’ll just find yourself thinking about her every second…there are even times wherein you don’t know who that person is but you’re falling in love with her already…love is tricky…but it’s not for you to play with yet….if I were you…I’ll just make Lyric as my inspiration…what do we know…maybe after you graduate from college you’ll get a chance on her” I sound like father talking to his son.

He sighed heavily then gave a nod “You’re right hyung…what I’m feeling for her isn’t love…it’s admiration and I guess…I have to stop  my fantasy that we’ll end up together” he said, making me laugh so loud.

“Yaaa….are you married with her in your mind already?” I asked and he grinned at me.

I ruffled his hair then pulled him close to me “Don’t worry…you’ll find another girl who is more appropriate for you”

Being a teenager is so freakin wonderful. All the crazy thoughts in your head and fantasies that entertain you when you’re bored are just so amazing. How I wish Billie is here coz I’m sure that she will smack her brother’s head for going “gaga” over a girl who is good to be his mother already.

An hour has passed and we’re starting to get busy. We’ve got all cubicles rented and it feels like I’m in a war for loud guns are firing here and there.

“HYUNG! HYUNG! HYUNG!” Drake called as if there’s an emergency.

I rushed to him in a flash “What?” I asked.

“Look who’s walking in” he pointed at the entrance “Lyric is here!” he sounds so happy.

This is weird. Why i

Please log in to read the full chapter