GELATO.

TILL HIS HEART BEATS AGAIN
Please log in to read the full chapter

Staying at home knowing that the rest of the gang is having fun in the club and drowning themselves in alcohol is such a drag. Why did I even think of staying here? I was having fun studying Korean a while ago, but the longer I read and try the words that got my tongue twisted, the more I regret not coming with my friends to the club.

“Chal-ji-nae-sho-sso-yo?” that means how are you in Korean and I think out of all the words and phrases in this book, this is the only one that I can pronounce well.

“Wait” I sat up then sighed heavily “What will I do if she starts talking to me in Korean? How will I be able to grasp it? I’m so sure that she’s going to talk so fast and going to use words and phrases that aren’t here in this freakin book” I told myself then threw the book that it bounced on the bed and fell straight to the floor “Psh!”

I’m like a crazy woman who is getting pissed because of a book. Who wouldn’t get pissed? I’m dying to learn as many words and phrases as I can, but only a few retained in my birdbrain.

“OK” I crawled out of bed “I’ll give myself a break from the crazy studying for a while and go back to it once I’m refreshed already” I said then rushed out of the house.

If you think that I can’t have fun alone, well you’re wrong. Truth is, I’m having much more fun alone than with friends. To me, the whole world is my playground.

With that being said, I drove to one of my favorite hang-out place that is full of people. If there’s one thing that I enjoy the most, it’s people-watching. I sit on a bench or sometimes on the curb while eating candies then spend hours doing nothing but watching the people who are walking in front of me. Weird, huh?

I’ve got a pack of jellie beans on my left hand and a bottle of my favorite drink on the right. This is life. Doing nothing and just letting the people around you entertain you, feels so great. If only I can do this the whole day.

“Oh my!” I said then started giggling.

I just saw a couple kissing. No. Making-out and they care about nothing at all. We’re on a busy street and even though it’s a bit normal to see people smooching in this place, to me, it’s still a bit off. I’m not being conservative, it’s just that if you want to make-out and French kiss, better get a room or go inside your car.

“Love it!” I said upon seeing a girl wearing the cutest boots that I’ve ever seen.

An hour passed by with me doing only that. I emptied two packs of jellie beans and is getting worried now coz my throat is sure to hurt again later.

“Time to go home Lyric” I stood up then stretched my body that felt so stiff after sitting for a long time.

Walking on the street is a hassle because some people are looking at me like I have the ugliest face in all of London. I’m used to it, but still it for I’m not even doing anything that is worth their attention.

Wanna know why they’re eyeing me like that? Let’s just say that I started my modeling career in a different way. Like most startlets, I went y and when I say y, it can be y and to some it’s beyond normal causing them to see me as a dirty person. I’ve gone half on shoots, but never gone completely . Years after that, designers from all over London got me as they’re muse and there are even some from America who booked me for their fashion shows. The wonder years of my career started from there and I’m not ashamed of my crazy-y-y- image when I’m still creating a name in the industry. After all, I’m not the only one who did this to become famous, there are a lots of us.

I lived my life in a fab lane. I’m bagging large amounts of money and got all the resources that I need. Men from all walks of life are in line just to have a taste of me and in my young age, I let them take me. I fooled around, flirted a lot, hooked up with so many and loved nobody. These testosterones are really hard to handle and even if I’m surrounded by them I still stick with my purity up until my fifth boyfriend. He’s my last and a lot of things happened to us, he brought me so much pain causing me to bring myself to hell because I really can’t take it. He gave me the greatest gift that a girl can ever receive but when we separated, he took it with him and now, I’m left with an empty heart.

I’m not rebelling like what most people think. You see, there are reasons why a person chooses to be in ruins and those reasons are serious and big. Yes, I showered in alcohol and breathe it, but I don’t regret it at all. I’m one big troublemaker, but I wouldn’t be like this if people will just let me do my . I’m one lost soul. When am I going to be found? I don’t know. What’s important to me now is I’m living my life the way I wanted it.

“OW!” somebody bumped into me and I can tell that it’s a kid for it nearly kissed my .

I turned around to see who it was “TEACHER!” the little girl exclaimed then wrapped her arms around my waist.

Teacher? Ah! Yes! I forgot! I’m already a teacher and there’s only one person who calls me this as of the moment for I’ve only had one student today.

I crouched down in front of her “Cara Belle!” I said cheerfully.

She giggled then wrapped her arms around my neck. This little girl’s hug is warm and it’ll make you feel so good.

“What are you doing here? Huh?” I brushed my fingers on her messy hair “uhmmm….” at this point, I’m digging up for some Korean phrases and I hate myself for I can’t remember any.

“uhmmm….” I think deeply again “Chin-gu!(friend)” this is really bad.

Cara Belle looked at me in confusion. She’s got no reaction, but I can tell that she’s a bit surprised to hear me say a word in her language “uhmm….shizzzz….what was that again? Uhmmm…” I’m seriously digging in my mind just for that one phrase that I perfected a while ago.

What is how are you in Korean again? Gosh! Am I developing dementia or memory loss already? I feel like I just wasted my time in studying because I can’t even bring out what I’ve learned.

“Chal-ji-nae-sho-sso-yo?” she asked and I snapped for I can understand her.

it! That’s what I’ve been thinking for so long.

“I’m good…uhmm….Ne….chal….Ji….nae….sso…yo (I’m fine)” ha! My Korean aliens are helping me. I’m really feeling this.

This time, she looked like a bucket of water was poured on her because her eyes just got big and she’s motionless. Oh well, maybe it really is shocking to see a British girl talking in Korean.

What does this kid really has? Why is she so charming in my eyes? Not only that, I feel so close to her already even if I just met her a while ago. This is strange and freaky.

I must admit, I really am not that close to children even though I’m so fond of them. I can’t tell it to you now, but I guess this has something to do with my past. I don’t know, but every time I see kids, especially little girls, I get really emotional and I think it’s because I can remember someone in them.

“Who are you with?” I asked after a long silence.

“Hi” a guy said, making me look up at him.

I jerked up the moment I saw the guy in front of me. This is really unexpected. Why is he all over the place?

“Hi” I greeted back.

There goes his soul melting smile that can make your innards flip in just a snap. Is this normal? Are there people who are like him? How can he smile like an angel?

Cara Belle turned around to look at who I’m talking to “Appa” she called in a low tone then hugged my leg like she’s afraid of him.

This is getting weirder. It’s obvious that they know each other and it makes sense coz they’re both Asians even though the kid is mixed but….wait…

I looked down at Cara Belle then at the man in front of me. Gosh! They resemble each other a bit but…. Oh my! Maybe they’re half siblings, coz it’s a bit impossible for this guy to be her father for he looks young to me.

“Belle” he called, making me look at the little girl again.

She tugged on my leg tightly then looked away “uhmmm” I don’t want to in, but I feel like I need to.

“Are you related to her?” I asked and he sighed.

“Yes” he answered.

I gave a nod “I see…are you…her brother?” I asked unsurely and received a weird look from him.

“Cousins?”

“Neighbors?” I can’t understand why I keep on guessing when I can just wait for him to answer.

“I’m her father” he finally answered and it shocked my whole being.

Father? This handsome dude is already a father? How can that freakin be? He doesn’t look like one and he doesn’t even give an aura that he’s already married.

Because of that, I looked at his hand to see if he’s wearing a marriage band and yeah, he’s wearing one. Oh my. This is serious. I’m sure that once the girls know about this, they will commit suicide for they really are hot for this guy.

“You’re married?” I asked in disbelief.

He nods “Yes”

“Got it!” I said and there was an awkward silence.

My brain is being ed because I really can’t believe that this handsome man is already taken. Oh well, it shouldn’t be a shock after all, he’s really super-hot. It’s such a loss, for men like him shouldn’t get married at all, they shouldn’t tie themselves down because they are too precious to even belong to only one person. But aside from that, I pity him because his wife passed away so early.

One more shocking thing, Cara Belle, the kid with an exquisite charm, is his kid. How ironic can things be?

“So….may I ask” I said all of a sudden, breaking the silence.

He shifted his attention from his daughter to me “What is it?” he asked.

His eyes are really something. I’m telling you, once you look straight into him, you will drown because his eyes will talk to you even if he’s not saying anything at all. Right now, I can see in him that he’s dead worried and I really want to know why.

“Why is she scared of you?” I looked at Cara Belle who has loo

Please log in to read the full chapter