Marker Man and the Scavenger Hunt

Exo Baby Adventures in SM Daycare Center!

Author's POV

As Lay conversed with who a rather stupefied Tao considered the enemy, Yunho and Changmin announced nap time and all the children chose a sleeping mat and laid down with a pillow and blanket. Xiumin and Luhan chose mats next to each other much to Tao's disdain for that was his usual spot. Although little Kris kindly offered him a spot next to him, which Tao accepted with little complaint. The light breathing of toddlers could be heard as another worker at the daycare, Kwon Bo Ah, entered requesting help from Yunho and Changmin for a few minutes.

Seeing no harm in leaving all the heavily sleeping kids for a mere few minutes, they went to help. 

That was a mistake.

Once they left, a rather short toddler awoke, pulled a black marker from the desk, and went to work on the faces of a few kids. 

A mustache here, a monocle there, a couple moles, beards, and unibrows. Satisfied with his work he smiled.

Yunho and changmins' footsteps could be heard coming back to the room so, seeing no time to put the marker back, he stuffed it in his diaper and quickly waddled back to his mat where he pretended to sleep. At first neither Yunho nor Changmin noticed the changes to the slumbering toddlers. In fact they played a few games and threw stuffed animals at each other before one landed next to Kris and Changmin was forced to retrieve it. That was when he noticed the unibrow and mustache drawn onto Kris' face. 

"Hey Yunho, come here." He said in a rather hushed tone.Yunho casually walked over to Changmin's side and he pointed at Kris' face.

"Look. Someone drew on his face." He said as he gestured to the huge unibrow.

"Didn't he always have a unibrow?"

"No you idiot." Changmin said as he lightly thwaked the back of his head.

Then they began to notice marker on others.

Tao, Lay, Xiumin, and Kai also had thick black marker on their faces, forming pimples and nose hairs as well as stitches and wrinkles. Baffled by the marker they woke up the kids, planning on taking them to the washroom where they could scrub off the ink.

Once the five victims had awaken it wasn't long before they started shrieking and pointing at each other's faces, which caused the awakening of all the others who also began to shriek and point. The seven unmarked babies gathered around the others before they were taken to the washroom.

Once they departed the others began to play again.

Chanyeol and Chen ran around the room playing tag and Luhan couldn't help but notice a slight cylinder shaped protrusion from the back of Chen's diaper. As Chen ran about the cylinder migrated upwards and black cap emerged from his diaper, which Chen quickly pushed back down.

'Weird.' Luhan thought. But the thought was quickly disregarded as Yunho and Changmin came back from the washroom with the five others and Luhan ran over to play with Xiumin.

 

------------

 

Xiumin's POV

Luhan, Lay, Kris, Tao , Chanyeol, and I decided to go on a scavnger hunt. I was confused when Chanyeol put us in pairs and gave us a list of oddly drawn items that weren't in the room. He pointed at the open door saying that on his mark we would run out before Yunho and Changmin could catch us. Apparently, he had already talked to all the other babies and they agreed to play too, we were just going to be the ones to start the game. I was really worried about what would happen if we just ran out like that but Chanyeol patted my back with a creepy grin and said "YOLO" something he said he heard some of the older kids saying on a field trip last month. It's supposed to mean that you only life once. Well DUH you only live ounce! Man older kids are weird...

But Chanyeol just kept repeating it until I finally agreed. 

Chanyeol counted down from ten and Luhan gave me a reasuring look before the 6 of us made a mad dash through the door, followed by the yells of Yunho and Changmin. The nurse was out for lunch but her office was open in case of emergencies so Luhan lead me in there and we hid behind her desk. We heard Yunho's heavy panting and footsteps pass by the office door and we relaxed.

"Lucy, why are we the only ones that left?" I asked Luhan. It seemed odd that only the 6 of us left when everyone was supposed to be playing too.

"We leave first and so do Changmin and Yunho. It makes it easier for all the others to get out. You think the two of them would learn to have one of them stay behind to watch the other kids."

"Oh." I said as I slumped aginst the cool wood of the desk.

"Ready to go get the items?" Luhan said as he held up our list. I nodded in response. Yolo. 

 

Luhan's POV

The first item on our list was banana milk.

"Where are we supposed to get that?" Xiumin asked. I thought for a bit until I got an idea and crawled out from uner the desk.

"Taemin should have some!" I said with a smile.

"Who?"

"Taemin. He's an older kid at the daycare."

I glanced down the hall before grabbing Xiumin's hand and leading him over to the room for kids ages 6 to 10.

The door was cracked a bit so I peeked in to see all the kids watching a movie and the care taker for the room reading a book in the back. We got down on our hands and knees trying to be as quiet as possible as we crawled over to Taemin who was, luckly, about to open some banana milk. I tugged on his sleeve as the colorful movie continued and the Lorax appeared on the screen.

He gave me a curious look until I held up our list and pointed to Chanyeol's drawing of banana milk. He sighed then grabbed an old burlap bag from the top of the toy box, stuck the banana milk inside, and sent us off before Ms. Kwon could look up from her book.

We took another look at our list and saw that the second item was four M&M cookies. Wow Yeol must have been hungry when he wrote this. Oh well, maybe we can get a few more for us to eat while we do our scavenger hunt.

 


Author's Note

Hope you liked this chapter!

P.S.The rest of the scavenger hunt will be in the next chapter