Toilet Breaks

What We Need in an Espionage Mission

When Taemin entered the restroom, he skipped happily over to the urinals. However, to his utmost disappointment, Taemin discovered that the toilet was empty except for himself at that moment. Taemin resisted the urge to fall down in a completely dramatic (and unnecessary) gesture because there was no worthy audience present (Jonghyun didn’t count).

But Taemin was able to see the silver lining in all situations and he spied the opportunity an empty restroom offered him. Quickly, Taemin entered a cubicle which was thankfully clean. He took out his phone and began texting Jonghyun.

Because, all this while, Jonghyun was talking non-stop into the earpiece. And while Taemin had mastered the wonderful ability to tune out things he did not wish to hear, the constant chittering was really starting to distract him. Did Jonghyun want him to complete this mission or not?

jonghyun-hyung just stfu okay. i wasn’t trying to peek at the girls.

“You disrespectful erted little brat, you intentionally walked into the ing girl’s toilet and now you say that it’s all an accident?”

i was double-checking just in case that was a male restroom okay? (Taemin was never going to tell Jonghyun the true reason he opened the door; it was far too embarrassing and illogical looking back in hingsight)

“Don’t feed me bull. That was clearly a skirt figure on the sign.”

restrooms normally come in pairs, right? and since there wasn’t a male restroom beside the female one i thought it wouldn’t hurt to check.

“What the , Lee Taemin, that story would have sounded like pure bull even if I don’t know we have access to the school’s layout. But since I do, it sounds like crappy bull.”

we have the sch’s blueprints??!

“Don’t pretend to be surprised,” Jonghyun snapped, “I know Jinki-hyung even handed you a copy. I knew something was up when you walked in the opposite direction of the male toilet, but I never thought you were such a ing ert. Those girls aren’t even 18 yet!”

look hyung, it’s up to you to believe me or not but i swear i didn’t know where the male restroom was

“Bull.” Jonghyun deadpanned.

i tell you the truth and you don’t believe me. and you wonder why i don’t respect you.

“You make up crappy stories like that and you expect me to believe you? And you wonder why I think of you as a dumb brat half the time.”

Taemin made a sound at the back of his throat that was a mix of a growl and a swallowed vulgarity.

“Hyung,” Taemin finally said in a strained voice, “I really didn’t know.”

“It says right here on the blueprints,” and Taemin could imagine Jonghyun jabbing at the paper before him, “Male toilet, to the right of classroom 345. It says here, clearly in black and white.

“And I am saying I didn’t see that blueprint.”

“Please. One of basics of all infiltration mission is to memorise the layout of the place. And you are telling me you didn’t do that, Taemin? You are that desperate to hide your for underage girls that you will have me think that you are an irresponsible agent?”

Taemin said through gritted teeth, “I really didn’t see it.”

There was a silence for a moment, before Jonghyun said in a mild voice, “Ok.”

“Ok?” Taemin was stunned, “You believe me?”

“Ok.”

“Ok?”

“You have just lost all my respect for you as an agent, Taemin.”

Taemin drew in a sharp breath and he could feel the frustration bubbling in his stomach, threatening to spillover, “Hyung, no humans are ing perfect. I was negligent.”

“Ok.”

“ you and your ‘okay’s!” Taemin burst, “Go and leave me alone!” Taemin followed up by reaching roughly for the earpiece, ripping it out and angrily stuffing it into his pockets.

He would not go as far as to remove the little spy cameras on his body, because there was a limit to all things and Jinki-hyung would have his head if Taemin did that. Nonetheless, Taemin flipped the birdie to the camera embedded in his third button and he hoped that Jonghyun-hyung was hopping about in anger now.

Taemin slammed the door to his cubicle open, taking particular satisfaction in hearing the ominous crack that sounded (school vandalism, he was really turning out to be quite the school misfit). A boy who had just entered the restroom jumped at the loud crash and he looked warily at Taemin, seeming to be debating if he peeing here would be hazardous to his health.

Taemin took one glance at the boy, and he decided that he was not too hard on the eyes. With that, the storm on Taemin’s face faded, replaced by one of a sunny smile. The boy took a step backwards at that, and Taemin remembered that not all mortal beings could stand the full might of his beauty.

He toned down on his smile a little and Taemin spoke apologetically, “Sorry for that loud noise earlier. I just got into a fight with one of my friends earlier.”

The boy still looked cautious though, but at least he was slowly advancing towards the urinals. Oh yes, please come to the watering hole, prey Taemin thought to himself, but none of his thoughts showed on his face and Taemin maintained a perfectly friendly smile.

“It’s just one of those days, you know,” Taemin continued, “When nothing seems to go right for me.”

The boy finally decided that Taemin was not dangerous and he nodded his head at Taemin politely. “Tough day huh?”

“Tough day,” Taemin affirmed. He then moved to stand beside the boy.

The boy frowned, pausing in pulling out his , “What are you doing?”

Taemin ped his pants, and tilted his head to the side. “What else can I be doing?” he said, amused.

“But you just came out of the cubicle?”

Taemin shrugged, “I feel the need to pee again.” He then shot the boy a bright smile, “Don’t bother me and just do your business too.”

The boy looked slightly dazzled and he proceeded to obey Taemin’s words. Taemin made sure to stare at the long and hard even though it wasn’t a particularly beautiful specimen to look at, but at the very least, he had accomplished his mission.

When the pee started coming out in nervous spurts, Taemin knew that the boy was unnerved and just that slightly creeped out.

Taemin made sure to stare the boy right in his eyes as he stuck his tongue out and his lips, ohhh so slowly. The boy swallowed drily and Taemin sent him a coquettish grin.

“My name is Taemin,” Taemin flicked a glance down south before looking back up, “What’s yours?”

It was then that the boy jolted as if he had just woken up from a dream and he hurriedly tucked himself back into his pants before rushing out of the restroom.

Taemin shook his head. He muttered disapprovingly, “Didn’t even wash his hands.”

-

By 11.30am, (ergo the school’s break time, ergo the gossip hour) the news have already spread about a certain transfer student. Taemin watched the tittering of clusters of girls and boys as they stole discreet and not-so-discreet looks alike at him. He preened a little under the attention and winked at a particularly cute boy he caught staring at him.

The boy blanched, immediately breaking his gaze. Taemin grinned to himself.

His positive mood was ruined the next second though, as Taemin’s phone pinged and Taemin glanced at it in vague annoyance. It could only be one person.

Taemin unlocked the phone and checked his messages. He was right. It was Jonghyun-hyung.

why are you sitting alone? you are supposed to be sitting with your classmates.

Taemin rolled his eyes. Jonghyun-hyung really wanted to follow the plan right down to the minute detail, didn’t he? Well, Taemin was really not going to reply him this time round.

Idiotic bastard who couldn’t tell the truth from lie, Taemin thought darkly to himself.

The lunch break ended uneventfully.