Hormonal Teens

What We Need in an Espionage Mission

 

Writing this because Taemin deserves more than a brief cameo in Girly Shrieks. I had to expand on his character.


 

Taemin slouched against the grimy brick walls of the busy streets, phone in his hand and earpieces plugged in. His eyes were glued to the screen of his phone and he appeared to be by and large, unaware of his surroundings. A canvas bag was loosely held in his hands as he stood unobtrusively to the side of a shop window, seemingly content to be standing there for hours.

A sudden hand grabbing him at his elbow had him jolting out of his reverie and removing his earpieces instantly. He turned around, combative stance and all, ready to take on the aggressor who had manhandled him, only to be stopped short by the glaring eyes of his boss—Jinki. Mouth forming a small O of surprise, Taemin dropped his arms and allowed himself to be guided into a Starbucks nearby.

Jinki hissed into his ears once they have settled into a small table tucked at the back of the café, “I passed by you three times. Three times. And you never saw me, not even once. How in the world am I supposed to pass you the thumb drive if you don’t stick your hand out!”

Taemin smiled apologetically, “You did? I am sorry, but I was just too absorbed in my phone.”

“What were you watching anyway?” Jinki sent a frown his way as he twisted his head so that he could look at the screen. Taemin immediately closed the video that was on and tucked his phone snugly into his pocket. However, that was not before Jinki caught a glimpse and saw… what he believed to be skin upon skin.

Jinki’s eyes widened slightly, disbelief evident in his voice, “You were watching o? You were watching o on the job?”

When Taemin simply blushed in response, with his silence being taken as guilt, Jinki couldn’t help but to run a frustrated hand through his hair, “Seriously, Taemin? Gods, I know that you are a young hormonal teenager with a raging libido. But can you please not watch such things at work? Do you know how many rules and regulations I am violating just by talking to you?”

Taemin had the awareness look contrite, “I just intended to pass some time. You were taking a while.”

“By watching .”

“I’ve seen ten years old kids reading on the subway before, hyung.”

“It still doesn’t excuse the fact that you were watching them while at work! Especially when you are supposed to be keeping an eye out for me so that the secret rendezvous could… you know, actually happen!”

“I was bored, hyung! Can’t we get Jonghyun-hyung to do these things instead?”

“What did I tell you about discipline?”

A short pause as Taemin blinked at Jinki before a sly smirk (which looked totally wrong on him) crept on to his face. “I was watching precisely just that, hyung.”

Puzzlement was evident as Jinki furrowed his brows and tilted his head in confusion. It was not till a few seconds later did the realization hit him and had him blushing like a maiden, “Taemin!”

“Yes?”

“I don’t need to know that! Like seriously! That was just—oh god, what am I going to do with you? The two of you are really getting way out of line—“

“Do you want to date me, hyung?”

Jinki spluttered weakly, “W-what?”

“I heard from Jonghyun-hyung you want to hook up with me.”

“This is totally irrelevant. And that was just an offhand remark! I was just—“

“I don’t really mind, hyung. You know, us dating and all.”

Jinki goggled at Taemin, “Since when are you gay?”

Taemin shrugged, “I don’t know. But the girls in school could never do it for me. So well, I thought I should probably experiment and see which team I play for. And I wouldn’t mind trying it out with you. Even though it may be a bit gross and all but—“

“Stop, Taemin. If I remember correctly, you finished your studies by the age of 14.”

“Yes? I did.”

“You were already having…” weird, inarticulate gestures, “Getting it on with the girls then?”

“Hyung, ten years old kids are reading mags on the subway. Blatantly.”

“Alright. Whatever. Ok. Anyway, Taemin, at the age of 14, you might not have matured ually enough to get it up with your girlfriends then. It does not mean you are gay. But if you really want to try it out, Jonghyun will be a better choice because he is straight as a banana and I want to make his life a living hell and I mean—argh, I don’t even like younger guys!”

“But we are cute! I am cute!”

“It has nothing to do about cuteness!”

“Choi Minho is younger than you though. And you guys appear to be getting along just fine—what’s with the kissing and touching and so on!”

Taemin! Have you been looking in as well?”

“Jonghyun-hyung calls me over whenever there are juicy scenes.”

“He does what? That’s it, I am demoting him!”

“You are evading the point, hyung! You seem to like Choi just fine! And he is only a few years older than me.”

“He’s just a target! Not a love interest! Gods, I swear, between the two of you, I am going crazy.”

A short pause elapsed. “Wow, hyung, you sound like a high-class hooker. Or a gold-digger.”

“I need to ask HQ for a new support team.”

Hyung.”

“What? You guys are ineffective support and do more to jeopardise the mission than to assist it.”

“I am hurt, hyung.”

“I speak only the truth. Remind me the reason why I am talking to you now.”

“It won’t happen again, hyung. I swear.”

“It better don’t. You have no idea how difficult it is to establish contact with you. I had to triple on my tracks just to shake off my tail.”

“You have tails? What’s the point of getting it on hot and heavy with Choi then?”

“I used to have three. Now, I have one.”

Taemin tutted, “You are being lazy, hyung. Turn on your charm more.”

Taemin.” was the warning reply he received in return.

“Right, I am sorry, hyung. Please forgive me. I love you.”

A heavy sigh followed, “I don’t care anymore. Just put out your hand, and let’s have this over and done with. My lunch break’s nearly over anyway; got to go back to the office.”

Obediently, Taemin did so. Jinki dropped a black thumb drive into it with a defeated shake of his head. Standing up, he pushed back his chair and made his way out of Starbucks, ready to head back to the skyscraper in which hundreds of office drones buzzed about during the day, turning over profits and churning out money from questionable sources. And Jinki was about to join them.

Alright, time to get back to work.


And here ends the one-shot :D

NOTE: The first 3 chapters had been previously posted up as separate one-shots, but seeing as how I am turning this into a series, I am dumping them in here as well. There are no changes whatsoever in the first 3 chapters.