Girly Shrieks

What We Need in an Espionage Mission

 


 

Jinki sidled smoothly into a desolate filing room, earphones on and head bobbing to an unknown melody. Closing the door after him and making his way to the last shelf of cabinets situated furthest away from the entrance, Jinki calmly pulled out a cabinet. He thumbed through the papers and easily picked up one. Opening it, his face underwent a sudden 360 degree change, and his calm façade was broken by an enraged frown.

“Jonghyun, what the hell?” he hissed angrily, “Real nice of you to start shrieking in my ears when Minho is less than a handspan away from me. Like really. Any louder and the whole building would have heard!”

“, hyung!” came the defensive reply from the earpiece, “How the hell am I supposed to respond when he starts making out with you like that?”

“Keep your mouth shut, for one! As if I need more suspicion what with everyone distrusting the new kid in town.” Jinki snapped back, volume low but tone harsh.

“That’s easy enough for you to say, hyung! How would you feel if Taemin starts making kissy faces at you and – oh my god, I didn’t even know you swing that way!”

“This is an infiltration mission and he is the one who starts coming onto me. And you are supposed to be part of the support staff who is supposed to be doing… Guess what, support! Not jeopardise the whole case by shrieking like a freaking girl in my ears when there are clearly people within earshot!”

“I was shocked, ok? My eyes were scarred, like —oh god, and did you really have to start like that?”

“Yea well, to cover over your girly shrieks. Yes, I had to!”

“, hyung. . I think I have to wash both my eyes and ears later.”

“Serves you right, you bastard voyeur.”

“As if I was given a choice! My task is to watch over you 24/7, to keep an eye on you all day long—hey wait, are these make-out sessions gonna be a frequent thing nowadays? Because if it’s, I am gonna switch with Taemin. He can finally stop buying those B-rate os.”

“Jonghyun!” Onew was scandalized, “You do that, and I am going to demote you and revoke your privileges while I am at it!”

“ you, hyung. Don’t you get a joke?”

“Not when I was minutes away from having my cover blown, bones broken and eyes dug out just because someone couldn’t keep his freaking mouth shut. I could have died, Jonghyun!”

“Good thing your sultry moans saved the day then, hyung—But oh my god, since when were you gay?”

“I am not gay. I am just bi, alright? I don’t discriminate against anyone based on gender.”

“Nice way of saying you are a .”

“Jong—“

“Hey hyung, have you ever felt that way about me?”

“What the hell are you talking about? I am deducting your pay.”

“You know, romantic feelings for me. Oh! Or maybe lust?”

“Darn you, I am not having this discussion here. And I am still deducting your pay.”

“, you did, didn’t you? I am now sufficiently creeped out.”

“You arrogant bastard. No, I didn’t! I would have a better chance of hooking up with Taemin than you. You are about as attractive as a doormat.”

“Pedo. You are a danger to the society.”

“Ok, Jonghyun, that’s it. This is the end of our conversation. And I am going to deduct your pay for this month.”

“Hyun—“

“No arguments, or I will file this incident to the superiors.”

“Fine,” the sulky tone in Jonghyun’s voice was evident. However, it brightened up seconds later as mischief wormed its way into it, “Remember not to fall in love with Choi though. That would be so ing cliché!”

“I am a professional, Jonghyun. I consort with the enemy, but I don’t fall in love with them. This is just a way for getting into their trusted circles faster.”

“, you are one manipulative , hyung.” Jonghyun whistled appreciatively.

“Use those words to describe me again, and I am going to have you demoted to the IT department.”

“I love you, Jinki-hyung. You are the be—“

Jonghyun’s words were cut off as Jinki pressed the button and stopped the signals abruptly. Leaning heavily against the files, Jinki closed his eyes and attempted to calm his rapid breathing. Minutes passed and Jinki soon had a beatific smile neatly arranged on his face. Smoothing his hair that was disheveled (either from the conversation with Jonghyun earlier on or from the encounter with Minho, Jinki wasn’t too sure), Jinki grabbed the files he needed and left the room the same way he entered, earphones on and head bobbing to an unknown melody.

Alright, time to get back to work.


Lol, don't mind the crappy title please. And this random conversation between the two just popped up in my head, and I had to write it down. And knowing the way I work, it's best if I leave it as a one-shot and not try to expand on it any further. So here you go guys, spy!shinee.

NOTE: The first 3 chapters had been previously posted up as separate one-shots, but seeing as how I am turning this into a series, I am dumping them in here as well. There are no changes whatsoever in the first 3 chapters.