The Help

Minimize Me!

Jessica

Why was I being smothered, by a giant pillow? Why do I feel so small? I push myself up off the bed, half-asleep, and look at the giant Donghae pillow beside me with my pink pajamas under it. What is going on? I realize that I am standing on a giant bed. My giant bed. I slowly walk through my blankets towards the edge of the bed. It's a long walk but I finally reach my destination. That was tiring, maybe I should go back to sleep. I'm about to lay down when I spot myself in the mirror across the room. I open my mouth and scream as loud as I can. Which isn't even loud since I'm a freaking mouse! Is this a dream? I smack myself about ten times to make sure. Nope! What happened? Why me!? Calm down Jessica, calm down. I take a deep breath and look at myself again. I cover my mouth and scream into my hand before composing myself once again. There has to be a logical explanation for this! Think like a smart girl, Jessica! What happened yesterday that could've possibly led to this? I think about yesterday. I woke up, got dressed, blah blah blah, at lunch Taeyeon got heartbroken and I didn't get to eat- so it wasn't the food-, we ditched school and went to my house, the best day of my life, then the worst at night when Donghae announced he was dating Yoona. That's all I can think of...but wait! That cute girl that came to my door so late at night! She gave me a package of water bottles, right? Maybe the water is the key! If only I could remember the label name...looks like I'm going to have to find out.

It takes all the strength in my new tiny body to push my blankets off the bed and jump on them. I get off the blankets and run at full speed down the hall. Unfortunately, I'm not the fastest runner. I'm running when suddenly Krystal's giant feet step in my way. Oh my god! "You could've smashed me!" I accidentaly blurt out. Krystal stops and looks around frantically.

"Mom, I think there are rats in the house!" she yells. Rat! Well I did call myself a mouse this morning and god her voice sounded like a siren! I sneak past her and run to the stairs. It's like rock climbing going down the stairs but I finally reach the bottom. Thank goodness Krystal didn't come down here. Maybe I should tell her what happened...no that's humiliating! I peak around the corner and see my Mom cooking breakfast. I examine the room until I see the package of water bottles. I squint and see that I'm the only one who took one. Good! I don't want a family of mice. I'm about to run when a breeze passes by. Wow it's cold! I rub my arms....my bare arms! My pajamas! Come to think of it I did see my pajamas under my pillow! How did I not notice when I looked in the mirror!? So, humiliating! What clothes are going to fit me anyways? Oh yeah! Krystal's leftover barbie clothes. They should be in the basement! I hurry over to the basement.

Why did she only have heels and a dress? Ugh! How will I run in this? I sigh and hurry back to the kitchen where the water bottles are. I quickly begin reading the big letters. The label name...it's not here! I'm sure it had one though. It's just a blank space. That's it, I can't do this alone. I'm going to need help! I speed walk in my heels, barbie heels are actually hard to walk in, to the front door and squeeze through a crack in the doggy door. I pull myself up and jump out of the door. I didn't bring anything with me...why aren't I thinking right today? Maybe it's shock from all of the sudden turning tiny.

Who knew it took this long to get to Tiffany's house. I'm so tired and the heels are hurting my feet. I'm lucky no ones noticed a tiny woman walking down the sidewalk. But I might get figured out if I walk into the crowd up ahead. All these screams are killing my ears. Shut up! I cover my ears and continue walking. What are they screaming for anyways? Aish, I don't care. Suddenly, the crowd come tumbling towards me as a guy in black feathery coat and shades comes walking to a black van. I can't really see his face but he's probably a celebrity. I should be excited but all I need right now is to get to Tiffany's house! "AH!" the girls scream as they run over me. Oh my gosh. I trip and fall on my back. I squeeze my eyes shut and put my hands over my eyes. Is this the end of little Jessica? I think it is. After a while, I don't feel feet stepping all over me so I peek. Phew, the bodyguards have them undercontrol. But isn't it weird that I'm just laying here IN THE OPEN! I freeze and pretend to be a barbie doll. Please don't throw me away. 

"What the?" one of the bodyguards say, hovering over me. I sneak in a blink as he reaches down and picks me up. "A barbie...quite beautiful for a barbie. Ey, Rick send em' off." the bodyguard says. He looks at me again and smiles, he looks young and good-looking. "My sister will like this more than her Donghae doll." She has a Donghae doll!? Me too! He ducks his head and sits into a black van. it's really dark in here. The bodyguard lays me down and I examine as much of the van as I can. So, I'm inside of a van with a celebrity?

"Finally promotions in this filthy neighborhood are done!" I'm guessing, the celebrity says. What a snob! Our neighborhood is beautiful..."Is that all for today's schedule- if it isn't too bad I'm tired for the day." He is a jerk! This is why I'm not any other celebrity but Donghae's fan, because the rest are snobby like this guy!

"Why are you being so mean to the poor guy? He has to take care of you everyday." a guy says. Hey! I know that voice.

"Siwon, you should become famous with me. You'll see how fun bossing people around is." the celebrity says. SIWON! Tiffany's boyfriend, Siwon!?

"Whatever." Siwon says. So, Siwon is friends with a celebrity? Of course he is-he looks like one himself! Now who is this celebrity?

"Hey, Jay what you got there? Is that a barbie!?" the celebrity asks and laughs.

"It's for my sister." the bodyguard, Jay, replies.

"I think she's fine with her Donghae doll. No one can beat my looks. No girl or boy." 

"I doubt it, this doll is very beautiful." I'm flattered! I'm starting to like this Jay guy.

"Let me see it." the celebrity snatches me. Ow! "Hm, she is pretty hot. And developed..." his eyes dart to my chest. I'm a freaking barbie !

"You ert!" I blurt out and quickly cover my mouth. Oh no I moved! Oh crap I talked! My eyes widen as I see the celebrity in front of me. Donghae!? Donghae is actually a jerk!? How could you- two disappoinments in a row now! Yoona can have you I don't do jerks. "Let me go!" I scream and bite his thumb.

"What the hell!" he shouts and drops me onto his lap. I look at the other men across from me and their mouths are dropped open.

"Uh.....hi?" I say. Siwon pulls out his phone and snaps a picture of me. 

The boys listen to every word I say, nodding their head in understand- except Donghae. I hate him now. I'm going to have to redecorate my whole room now because of him. Which is impossible since I'm tiny! "So...Jessica you were shrunk by some water you drank?" Siwon asks in disbelief. I nod. I'm sitting on Siwon's lap since he is the only one I'm comfortable with. Tiffany would probably kill me but this is a serious matter. Donghae is still sulking over me biting him and I'm glad I can't believe he is actually like this. "Your probably not going to want to do this but I think the best thing is to not tell anyone and stay with Donghae and I at our apartment until this is solved..." WhatWith that lying jerk? 

"No!" I yell.

"Jessica, it's for the best. Don't even tell Taeyeon or Tiffany. You have too. Plus it's too late we're already here." Siwon replies bluntly.

"You tricked me!" I whine.

"I can't believe your talking to a doll." the bodyguard Jay mutters.

"I'm a human!" I shout and Siwon picks me up and puts me on his shoulder. We exit the van and my mouth drops open. What a luxurious building! I glare at Donghae the whole walk to the elevator and he threatens to flick me. I show him a fist and he turns away from me. The elevator finally stops at the top floor. Theres glass in front of the elevator and Donghae presses the thumb  bit earlier to it. A green scan thing flashes by then the glass opens. My mouth, once again, drops open. This is not a apartment! This is a penthouse! Siwon walks me inside and gently sits me on the leather couch. 

"Alright. I'm sorry Sica but I'm leaving you with Hae. I'm going to see Tiffany." Siwon says, sighing.

"Take me with you! I was on my way to see her before Jay picked me up!" I shout.

"Sorry but you need to stay here. Bye Sica!" Siwon rushes out the door and I scream and hit the couch. I feel eyes on me and I turn to see Donghae glaring at me.

"I don't usually tolerate women like you," he starts, "but since your a hottie, your an exception. But don't get carried away. I'll throw you off the balcony." I clench my little fists.

"I can't believe your actually a jerk like all the other celebrities! I was your biggest fan Donghae! Don't you recognize me? I'm the one that you picked as your fan of the night! I was so happy but now your just trash to me. Yoona can have you." I scream, so he can hear me. He giggles.

"I knew I knew you from somewhere. And what do you mean Yoona can have me. She already has me." he takes off his jacket and throws it before walking to a table and grabbing champagne off of it. He pops open the bottle and pours it into a glass. 

I push myself up so that I'm standing on the couch and walk to the very edge so I'm closer to him. I don't want to scream from across the room anymore. "Well, I was delusional as most of your fans are. I thought I was your personal favorite. That you belonged to me and me only. I sound like a stalker right?" I say. He laughs and nods, sipping his champagne.

"So now that you know the real me your not a fan anymore?" he asks and I nod. He rolls his eyes. I want to snatch those eyes out! "Because of Siwon, who wants to help you, we are going to be roommates from now on. So get used to this-" Donghae walks over to me and reaches his hand out. I follow to where he's reaching it.

"ert!" I scream and run back to the other end of the couch.

"I was just joking, haha. So pure. I'm not going to touch a barbie so calm yourself."

"I'm a human!"

"Yeah, yeah. So any demands you have?" he asks.

"Yep, here they are." I begin exlaining everything that I will and will NOT tolerate. The rules that will set the beginning of my life with my ex-favorite celebrity, Donghae.

 

Taeyeon

Umma, Appa, Ji Woong, please forgive me. I'm running away from home and never coming back until things make since. I've turned into a small creature that is called Taeyeon. When I grow tall and big again I'll come back for you. If this is the apocalypse I will come back for you. Please show this to Tiffany and Jessica too. Saranghae, Tae. 

That'll do. That was really tiring, who knew a pen was that heavy. I wipe the sweat off of my forehead and drag the paper to the middle of the living room floor before grabbing my little barbie tennis bag, who knows where I got it, which is filled with trucker doll clothes. I only played with robots, cars, and trucker dudes so what can I say? These pants are big, man did my doll have wide hips! I climb onto the top of the couch and dive out of the open window. I hope no one sees me in this state. Why did I wake up so late anyways? Umma could've checked on me! Then what!? Oh well. Something I had yesterday must've shrunk me somehow! But I don't want to think about the worst day of my life. I'm just going to have to deal with this new life until something happens. Maybe I'll need an ally in this game....but who? Tiffany is out of the question, she'd think I'm a bug and stomp on me! Jessica...Jessica wouldn't believe me! Siwon? No, I'm mad at Siwon and I don't even want to think about Leeteuk. I'm going to give up on him in this new life. But it has to be someone I know. "Why me!" I scream. 

I'm already tired after a few minutes of walking down the park. I wish that water lady would come again with a mini water bottle this time. I sigh as I walk by a bench. I see feet and look up to see two kids staring at me in shock. "Got something to say?" I say with my arms open. They quickly shake their heads and I drop my arms and continue walking. I guess I don't need to pretend I'm some kind of doll. People will just think that their crazy. I hear a few people gasp and point at me but I just whistle and continue walking down the sidewalk. My bag is starting to get heavy so I put it down and sit on it. Break time. "I need a present for my girlfriend. It's her birthday soon." a guy in the park says. He sounds familiar.

"Just give her some money." another guy says.

"Yah! Yesung that's not sincere at all. How old is she?" a girl asks.

"Same as me, I don't date older girls anymore. But she's sort of a tomboy so I have no clue what to get her." the first guy says. I really know that voice.

"Oh, I have no clue then. I'm kind of girly." the girl says.

"Sorry, we have to go. C'mon Yuri. I have a photoshoot today." Yesung says and wraps his arm around her waist as they walk off. I put my attention on the guy. Turn around so I can see your face! The guy finally turns around and I gasp. Leeteuk! The last guy I wanted to see. So its Sora's birthday soon. Ugh! 

"Hey you! Why don't you get her me as your present?" I yell. Leeteuk looks around, confused. "I'm down here." this is pure jealousy talking right now. Leeteuk looks down and his eyes widen as he spots me with my hand on my hip staring at him.

"What the....a Taeyeon talking doll?" Leeteuk mutters and kneels down in front of me.

"I'm not a Taeyeon talking doll. I'm Taeyeon, extra small instead of small now. I come in small and extra small make your choice." I snap and he laughs.

"I'll take small." he says.

"We're out of small but you can have extra small." I reply. He tilts his head in confusion.

"Am I dreaming? Hah." 

"Nope, I thought I was dreaming too but nope I definetly shrunk and it's good you showed up because I need an ally in this." I say. Jealous Taeyeon, what are you saying!? Leeteuk can't be my ally! "So, are you going to help me or what?"

"Well I am curious as to how that happened...sorry if I'm a little freaked out." Leeteuk says.

"Your reacting better than other people have so it's cool. Now take me to your house." Jealous Taeyeon, NOOOO! Leeteuk looks around before scooping me up and putting me in his jacket pocket.

After a long car ride, we arrive in Leeteuk's apartment. It's pretty nice, but don't his parents live with him? "You must be wondering if my parents live with me. The answer is no." Leeteuk suddenly says and places me on the kitchen counter. He takes off his jacket and sits in the stool in front of the counter. He just stares at me and I dart my eyes everywhere except to him. "So, you just want me to keep you hidden until you turn back, right?" I nod and he nods too. "I'll do it since your my special little dongsaeng." He ruffles my hair. His hand is huge! I thought he was going to smash me.

"Sorry about snapping and being all sassy earlier....that was jealous Taeyeon talking." I mutter. I;m surprised he heard it.

"Jealous Taeyeon?" he asks confused. I sigh.

"It's nothing." I say, louder this time. He nods.

"Do you have clothes in that bag?" he asks and I nod. "So, I'm going to have to feed you crumbs?" he laughs and I hit him even though I know it'll feel like nothing to him.

"I'm looking foward to taking care of you, extra small Taeyeon." Leeteuk says and bows his head. I stand up from my criss cross apple sauce sitting position and bow back.

"I'm thankful for you taking me in as your ally. Extra small Taeyeon is forever grateful." I smile and he smiles back.

We talk for a long time and after a while we realize that it is really late. "Goodnight Taeyeon, you can sleep on my pillow." Leeteuk says, laying me on his other pillow on the bed. 

"Thank you." I say. I may be extra small but techinically I'm sleeping with Leeteuk. I spazz out and it takes a while before I calm myself down. Taeyeon, didn't you decide to give up? I take a deep breath and ignore the jitters I feel. Leeteuk lies down on the other side of the bed, his back facing me. I look at the clock up on the wall. Wow it's already 11:59! I close my eyes to go to sleep when suddenly I feel myself stretching out. What the? I hear a riiiiip. My eyes snap open and I look at myself. Oh my god! I'm big again! Was it just a 'til midnight thing? Oh jeeze, I'm ! I didn't bring big girl clothes....wait. I look over to Leeteuk with wide eyes. Oh. My. Goodness! I jump out of the bed and grab one of the blankets off the bed. Luckily, hes already sleeping! I wrap the blanket around me and run around until I find his closet. I throw on some of his clothes and though they are really big on me it's better than being ! I sigh. That was a close one! Note to self- turn big at midnight! Don't know if its permanant though. I crouch down on the floor and bury my face in my hands. This new life is going to be one long one....

 

? POV

I laugh like a crazy old ahjumma. Today was too hilarious. I have to show my Sungminnie this. "Sungminnie!" I shout and he scurries into the room, drying his hair.

"Yes, dear?" he says.

"Why didn't you watch it with me it was funny!" I pout.

"Sorry, I had to take care of the other customers! We got a girl named Hyoyeon today- great dancer. In love with her teacher. Silly girl!" Sungmin says. He is so amazing! I'll be able to get more customers like him one day.

"Wow, I'd like to meet her. But I think my two are the best of the best! They are too hilarious. Come look, darling I kept the tape just for you!"

"Alright, Sunny Bunny." he says and kisses my cheek before sitting beside me. We watch the new lives of my two favorite customers. Miss Taeyeon and Miss Jessica. Let's make good friends!