The Start Of Mini Me

Minimize Me!

Taeyeon

"There he is!" Tiffany whispers. I snap my head in the direction she points. Finally. I pick up the binoculars and press them to my eyes. Leeteuk why are you so perfect? He seems to be walking in slow motion across campus with a sparkling smile on his face. Even the way he waves is perfect! Everyone greets him and he greets everyone. He's coming closer and closer and- "Taeyeon, now is your cue!" Tiffany shouts and shoves me from behind the bush. I land on my knees right in front of a dazzling Leeteuk.

"Are you okay, Taeyeon?" Leeteuk gasps and offers me a hand. I get to hold his hand! I take it and I dust myself off. "You seem to fall right in front of me everytime I arrive at campus, is it fate?" he jokes. I want to scream yes but it isn't fate. Tiffany and I plan it everytime...

I push a few strands of hair behind my ear, trying my best to look pretty, "It really must be fate, haha! I'm glad your always here to help me when I fall because Leeteuk I really l-"

"Taeyeon!" I hear someone scream and before I can respond, I'm tackled to the ground. A bike whizzes past us. I push the person off of me and sit up to see who it was that ruined my confession! I can't see their face but...that hair. Long blonde hair. 

"Jessica! It was Code X!" I yell at my blonde best friend.

"If I hadn't helped you there would be no Code X, just Code Hospital! Then who would I talk about Hae with?! " she yells back.

"You could talk to Tiffany! I bet if you hadn't tackled me Code X would've saved me!" 

"She has a boyfriend now she can't talk about other boys....and maybe I like Code X too."

I give myself a facepalm and shoo her away. She sticks her tongue out and runs to Tiffany, who was waiting for her with open arms. I turn to confess to Leeteuk again but the school bell rings signaling us to get to first period. He smiles and waves to me before walking to his class. Aish! Leeteuk why do I always fail? Are we not meant for each other like I've always thought? I drag my feet to Tiffany and Jessica and we slowly walk to class, following Jessica's motto of course. "Never run no matter how late you are!"

Finally my favorite class, music. Even better, Leeteuk is in it and he sits in front of me. I stare at his back for a while and then gain the courage to poke it with my pencil, he's about to turn around. Yes, yes! But then the teacher calls his name to come up to the piano and play a piece. I sigh and rest my chin on my hand. Atleast I'll get to listen to his beautiful music. Maybe when i become a singer, we'll play together. We'll be known as the talent couple...and our wedding will be music-based...and our daughter, who I have decided to name Soon Kyu, will find a piano playing husband and will live out the same life I did! I sigh in delight at the beautiful fantasy in my head. "Taeyeon...sing with me." Leeteuk says in my fantasy. Of course, Leeteuk! "Taeyeon...TAEYEON!" the teacher yells and I trip over a backpack and fall on my face right in front of Leeteuk, who is on the piano. Was I sleep-walking?! 

"Oh my god, Taeyeon are you okay?" Leeteuk asks from the piano seat. I raise up my hand to let him know I'm okay. 


"How embarrassing!" Jessica comments, dumping rice on her tray.

"I know! It seems whenever I try to get closer to him I embarrass myself! The falling in front of him is definetly not working...falling in front of people doesn't get them to like you, note that." I reply.

"Got it. Oh looks like we have a new girl..." Tiffany says, writing "no falling" on her arm and staring at a pretty girl with flowing black hair. After getting our lunch, Jessica and I start to walk to our table in the corner of the room- Tiffany went to sit with Siwon- when I spot Leeteuk. Leeteuk! I speed walk over to "accidently" bump into him when the new girl steps in my way and I crash into her. The impact causes me to fall on my and the new girls' ramen flies all over my head. Luckily it's cold! I push a noodle out of my face and see Leeteuk. My spirits lift until my eyes take in the entire scene. Leeteuk has caught the girl who crashed into me in his arms and they are staring at each other intensely...what is this? I look back and forth between them. What's happening?! 

"Are you okay?" Leeteuk asks, still staring at her. The girl nods and he slowly releases her, never diverting his gaze. Leeteuk..?

The very next day after that incident, Tiffany, Jessica, and I are getting lunch when Tiffany's boyfriend, Siwon, stands on one of the lunch tables and clicks two chopsticks together. Everyone turns to watch him, including us three. "What is he doing?" Tiffany mutters. 

"Everyone, I have an announcement to make." Siwon says. Hey, why did Leeteuk stand up too? I my spoon of ice cream, it's dessert day yay, and listen closely. "My buddy Leeteuk and the beautiful new girl Kang Sora, are now a couple!" Sora stands up and crosses over to Leeteuk. He wraps his arm around his waist. Everyone claps and cheers. I drop my spoon and it clatters really loud, causing a commotion. I feel tears forming in my eyes. Leeteuk...I have always like you. I always had hope,

"That you'd like me too..." I whisper to myself and hot tears roll down my eyes. The rooms is quiet and I can feels eyes on me but I don't care. I hope Jess and Tiff don't have to ever feel what I feel now. I raise my uniform sleeve to block my eyes and rush out the door.

"Taeyeon!" I hear Jessica shout and I hear Tiffany stomping towards Siwon.

"What the hell Siwon?! Don't you remember what I told you?" she yells. I run as fast as I can until I run out of breath. I feel hands on my shoulders and whip my head around to the source. It's Jessica.

"Taengoo." is all she says and spreads her arms out. I walk into them and she embraces me tightly. "Don't worry, I'm here for you."

"It hurts so much! I know it was a one-sided love but I hoped that maybe..just maybe..." I trail off as more tears spill down my face.

"I know...atleast you get to meet him. I'll probably never personally meet the love of my life, ever! It makes me want to cry all the time but I stay strong! I trust that you can too, Taeyeon." Jessica whispers in my ear. I nod and she releases me. "Now how about we go admire our favorite celebrity? I heard his performance from last night is airing and I'm itching to see if I got put on the TV!" I smile and nod. She wipes my tears then grabs my hand and we sneak out of school together.

Jessica's parents weren't all that happy when they found out we ditched school. But she was vulnerable to my crying face, so she let it slide. We lay at the edge of Jessica's bed and watch as our favorite celebrity is displayed on the TV screen. We texted Tiffany to meet up with us after school is out, her dad would not tolerate her ditching no matter what. "Oh my god here it is, the fan interview!" Jessica shrieks. She's squeezing her Donghae pillow to death with an anticipating smile. I want to tell her that there's no way she would be the chosen fan out of like 100,000 people but I really don't want to get her down. I pretend to be as excited as she is and watch closely.

"So Donghae, it is that time of the day, you favorite fan pick. Lots of girls are wishing it was them and lots of guys are wishing they were you right about now." the interviewer says.

"Haha, before I announce it I just want all my fans to know that there's enough of me to go around so no matter who I choose you'll always have a special place in my heart."

Jessica spazzes and then tells herself to cool down to listen to the rest. I really hope she doesn't feel too bad when it's not her.

"This very beautiful blonde lady, who was in the front row intriguied me. As I sang my ballad, everyone was screaming and cheering but this girl was quiet. She cried and it really surprised me. I was really touched. I'd love to meet her, she seems to be just my type too." Donghae says.

My mouth drops open and I feel Jessica go still beside me. I guess I was wrong after all because that definetly Jessica on the screen. "Taeyeon..." Jessica whispers.

"Jessica..."

"Taeyeon..."

"Jessica..."

"Taeyeon!"

"Jessica!" We grab each others' hands and jump up and down like maniacs. Althought I'm every bit as jealous as all the fans in the world, I still think its awesome my best friend was picked!

"He even said I was his type!" she screams and pretends to faint and falls back onto her bed. "Maybe there is a chance for me after all...I'm so in love..."

"You have an even better chance then me." I say and fall back on the bed next to her.

"Well I don't think it's that serious." Jessica replies.

"I do." I say and am overwhelmed with sadness again. "I think I need to go for a walk."

"Ok. Have fun." Jessica whispers.

"Of course you don't want to go for a walk. I'm going then!" I say and she waves as I walk out her bedroom door.

I speedwalk down the sidewalk of the park and in just a few minutes, I'm just about ready to pass out. Why is it so hot today? I take a deep breath and decide to rest on a nearby bench. "Excuse me?" I hear a cute voice say. I expect to see a little girl but instead a grown, yet petite, woman, bathed in yellow, stand before me. She's so adorable...

"Yes?" I answer.

"I'm out here promoting these water bottles. Would you kindly take one?" the girl asks. She hands me the water bottle and I observe it.

"Um, I've never heard of this brand before. Minimize me?" I ask kind of suspicious.

"We're new. That's why I'm promoting it!" she says cutely. How can I say no? I am pretty thirsty afterall.

"Sure, but I have no money on me..."

"It's free, thank you!" she says and hurries off. I shrug and open the bottle. I chug it down. I've never tasted such delicious water! I drink more and more until the bottle is empty.

 

Jessica

I can't believe Donghae picked me! Of all people, me! My heart feels like it'll explode any second. All these years of being his biggest fan finally paid off. I don't understand how the other fans didn't cry during that song anyways, it was the most beautiful song I had ever heard, I felt like I had seen the real him. Not a overrated celebrity. I guess I'm too in love. Definetly a lovesick. I reach and grab my Donghae pillow again and carress it. Suddenly, my bedroom door smacks against the wall. I sit up to see an angry Tiffany. "Tiffany, I was picked." I say immediately. Her angry face turns to a confused one and then a shocked one once the news sinks in.

"You got picked?!" she asks, I can tell she's really shocked because she says it in english.

"Yup, I got picked." I say back in english, pretending to be calm. But when her face breaks into a smile mine does too and we run into each others' arms. 

"Congrats! I'm so jealous," she cheers while patting my back, "your hard work finally paid off, huh?"

"Yes I'm so happy Tiffany!" 

"Hey, wheres Tae?" she asks. It takes a while for me to remember what she said.

"Oh yeah! She went for a walk." I say.

"She couldn't wait for me?" Tiffany pouts and we sit beside each other on my bed. 

"She looked like she needed alone time so...yeah." I say, nodding. She nods too.

The rest of the day we rambled about Donghae and what we would do if we married him and such. Tiffany told me about her talk with Siwon, which was not pleasant. She really gave it to him bout Taeyeon. But hey, that's what friend are for right? I now eat some cereal, even thought its like 10 at night, while Krystal is lounging on the couch and on the phone, talking super loud, with her best friend Sulli. "I know right!" I hear her say often. Sometimes she is so annoying I swear. Why does she even have the TV on when she's on the phone?! It's disturbing my cereal eating time! I slam my hands on the table and stride over to the couch to take the remote. "Yah! I'm watching this!" she complains.

"Your on the phone, Krystal!" I shout and take the remote by force. She sticks her tongue out and goes back to the phone. I'm about to shut the TV off when I hear Donghae's name. Donghae! I throw the remote and sit criss cross on the floor in front of the TV.

"Last night at celebrity Donghae's press conference, which took place after his concert, he was asked about the rumors that had been spreading about him and actress Im Yoona..."

I heard those stupid rumors, there obviously made up-fake! 

"Donghae then smiled and asked if it was okay to confirm that him and Yoona were in fact dating. After a loud yes, Donghae confirmed that him and Yoona had been dating for a while now and planned to get married in the future! He also said he was going to visit her at her film site in the town of-"

I find the remote and quickly and shut the TV off. The rumors were true after all...I know I'm just a fan but my heart aches. Why can't I be famous actress Im Yoona right about now? I dig my nails into my palms to prevent tears from falling. I'm just a fan. Why did I even hope that maybe we could be together when he's a freaking celebrity anyways?! I really am just as crazy as the rest of his female fans. Yet I'm madly in love. Not just with his good looks but his everything....Why did I wish in a corner of my heart that I could actually be with him just because he noticed me? He probably totally forgot about me by now! I'm as lovesick as Taeyeon! Tears are about to spill down my face when the doorbell rings. "I'll get it." I shout with a cracked voice and rush to the front door. I swing it open and a cute girl stands before me. What is she doing out so late? "Uh..hi?"

"Hello, delivery for Jung Jessica!" the girl says. I examine the girl who is dressed in yellow and holding a package of water bottles. I don't really drink water. I didn't order it.

"I didn't order water." I say, it comes out a little colder than expected.

"Really? I..I swear it was ordered by you..what am I gonna do I'll get scolded!" the girl begins to whine and I'm afraid she'll cry. She covers her face with her hands

"No no no no no! I'll take it!" I say and she continues crying. 

"Y-y-your required to drink it to confirm it's yours." she says quietly and hands me one with one of her hands, the other still covering her face.

"Ok?" that doesn't really make since but I take it and drink it. "There." she nods and hands me the rest of the package. I take it and she waves. I wave back and she disappears into the night. What a weird girl....

 

No One Pov

The mysterious girl in yellow quickly uncovered her face and skipped down the sidewalk. Another two ers. She thought. She pulled out her yellow cellphone and punched in a number. Unfortunately they didn't answer and she left a voicemail, "Mingie! I found the next two lovesick girls who will be my targets! Minimize me is such a wonderful company am I right, darling? Be home soon!" She hung up. "Just wait girls. Love is coming. How I love love!" she cheered and headed back to home...wherever that is...

That night Taeyeon couldn't sleep due to a stomach ache. "Aish! What was in that water?!" she whined. She tossed and turned and tossed and turned until at midnight she felt small. Smaller then she was before. She thought it was just a hallucination but little did she know it was no dream no hallucination...

Jessica had the same problem. But being the girl she is, she was out cold within a few minutes. She slept with her Donghae pillow tightly to her chest, until she felt herself growing smaller. A dream? She thought. The pillow began to suffocate her and the half-asleep girl crawled from under it. It took a few minutes for her to pop her eyes open and realize...that she couldn't crawl from under a pillow before....