Wish & Him

$5.00 Husband

Hyojin's Point Of View

 

It was his last wish. It is still his wish. He isn't gone yet. I'm determined to give and find anything that he wants. Whatever, he wish for. I will make it come true. And his last wish is for me to find someone charming enough to be a good husband. It's his only wish currently. And I must make it happen. Why? When I was little. We barely got enough to eat but, if I wanted an ice cream bar. He would still buy me it. Even if we only have a few dollars left to use for dinner. He did everything for me to get here. And I'm not going to waste his efforts. I studied hard in school. Got A's and B's, got into a good collage and after that, I got a good job. I would send him half of my earnings. Didn't care if I couldn't get the new brand clothes like other people. My father comes first. I didn't care how he used the money either. He could burn the money. As long as it made him happy. 

Ever since my mother left us for another man. Our world went downhill. Father became sad and depressed. But he didn't stay depressed for long. He knew he had a job. And It was to rise me and make me into a good person. 

He doesn't know it but, I would something use my mother as an example. So, I never dated anyone before. Why date when you are just going to abandon them.

I walked into the terrible place called the hospital and walked straight to my father's room. The smell was awful. It kept reminding me of a terrible thing that might happen to my father. Death.

My hand touches the handle to the door but, stopped myself. Someone was in there with father. I could only hear a strong deep voice taking over my father's weak voice.

"Yes, father. I will try." The person says and with that I can hear my father laugh happily. 

I started to hear footsteps towards the door and I swiftly back away and pretend to walk down the hall.

 

After, a few minutes. I return back to the room and open the door slowly. I step into the dull dark room and my eyes land on the weak body on the bed. Tears rushed to my eyes but, I stop them from coming out. 

My father told me that not to cry a lot. Because one day in my life. I need those tears for something more important. That hurt my pride. What is more important than my own father? I don't want to see my father cry. My father doesn't want to see me cry. 

I look at my father and I kinda got curious. Who was that person? His voice sounded like a man. Most likely not a female's voice. But, He called him father. Did my father have another affair with another woman? Is that why mother left us? 

No. My father would never do that. He isn't the type. He's the type who is very faithful to one girl. And One girl only.

I walk towards my father and plant a kiss on his forehead like how he always did to my in my sleep. Soft kisses on my forehead before I go to sleep. 

With that. I left the room even more determined to find a husband. To find a husband so my father could smile before his movie ends.

 

I am determined.