Behold

Blind Love

I had stayed in my ward for the fifth day and it was also my fourth day spending my day with Hara. At first, she would just come in for a chat in the morning (but I would just reply crudely and snapped at her) but now, she would pop by every now and then checking whether I had visitors. She was afraid I would be bored.

 

“Bring your lunch in here.”

 

“What?”

 

I cleared my throat when she asked me again, “I said to bring your damn lunch in here and eat with me, and don’t you understand?”

 

“Ah… Keke… You just want to eat with me, isn’t it?” Hara teased me and poked my cheek playfully. We were getting comfortable with teasing each other like this but I would still be hesitant to touch her. After all, I could not see her and it was inconvenient for me to do so. Even with much experience with the ladies, Hara was the only one who made me careful with my actions. Unlike other ladies, she is pure, gullible and innocent.

 

She brought her food in and we ate together while talking. We would just talk about everything under the sun from sports to hobbies to colours and even cartoon shows. Me? Yong Jun Hyung? Talking about cartoon? It was a first after puberty started.

 

“So Hara, do you have a boyfriend?” I asked her.

 

A question that was bothering me for a long time.

 

“Of course not. Why would I have one?” Hara was chewing her food as she answered pretty quickly, “I mean… I’m ill and everything. I can’t predict what’s going to happen to me. Why would I have a boyfriend who will visit a sick person and be burdened with it? It just sounds ridiculous.”

 

I frowned and said, “What are you talking about? You’re going to be out of the hospital once you recovered, right?”

 

“Mmm.” She said simply and changed the attention to me, “What about you?”

 

“Me?” I was startled as I got uncomfortable, “I just broke up.”

 

“Ah, Hyuna…” She mumbled, as if not wanting to me hear it.

 

“How did you know?” I asked her immediately.

 

I was frustrated when she did not answer right away. It was like she was editing her words for me, “I don’t know. I have seen her before. She doesn’t seem very nice to me. I could be wrong. After all, you can’t judge a book by its cover.”

 

“Well, I don’t know about that too, to be honest…” I admitted to her.

 

“She’s your girlfriend. Well, ex-girlfriend. She has to be nice in order for you to date her right?” Hara asked again but I did not answer, “Well, you don’t have to answer my question if you don’t want to. I understand.”

 

I felt guilty when she said that. She had told me about her family background, relationships and thoughts so easily. I had never seen anyone talking so freely to a stranger before but I was here deliberating on my words when she was completely honest with me. It was not fair. If she had the courage to speak to me honestly, what was stopping me from doing the same?”

 

“My father offered her money to leave me and she gladly took it and broke it off with me.” I confessed to her.

 

“Argh!” She slammed her spoon on the table, “I hate such women! Why can’t they love wholeheartedly? I hate seeing people cheating on feelings as if love is just a game! If I could love, I would pour my feelings and treat the person like my other half and…”

 

I chuckled at her strong reaction.

 

“Wait, Yong Jun Hyung is smiling? Are you joking? You’re actually smiling!” Hara exclaimed and I smiled even wider, not able to hide my smile, “Oh my god, Yong Jun Hyung is smiling! Assa!”

 

“Yah, I thought you say I’m not as cold-hearted as you think…”

 

“Yes but you have never truly smiled since you have been here. It’s amazing. You actually look handsome when you smile. You should smile more!” Hara said brightly.

 

I smirked and moved closer to where I thought she was sitting, “So you think I’m handsome?”

 

“Wait, I said you look handsome when you’re smiling…” Hara stuttered for the first time, “Other than that, you’re really plain-looking.”

 

“Me? Plain-looking?” No one had said I was ever plain-looking. I snorted, “I bet you’re just a girl with a high-pitched voice with a very indecent face.”

 

“Hey! My brother always compliments me to look like an angel! Remember I have many guys chasing me when I was in high school?” Hara defended herself. Before I could say another word, she asked, “But to be honest, I’m very curious to how you imagine me to look like!”

 

“Do you really want to know?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Well…” I imagined her to have long wavy hair with a pale skin. She would have large eyes that sparkled whenever she smiles. Her teeth are extremely straight with her gums showing when she smiles. Her cheeks will blush red easily whenever she’s embarrassed. By her touch, I imagined her to be petite and around my chest area when standing side by side. I answered her, “You must be obese, tanned and have small eyes. Your face must be oily and full of pimples!”

 

“Yah! I hope you’re joking!”

 

“Who’s joking with you?” I and laughed out loud.

 

She suddenly grabbed my hand and had it on her cheek. I felt myself momentarily stiffened on the spot as she traced my hand from her forehead to her cheeks and then to her chin, “Feel it, my skin is as smooth as a baby’s bottom!”

 

When she was about to release my hand from her face, I kept my hand on her cheek firmly, “Wait.”

 

Slowly, I felt my heart beating quickly as I gently caressed her face and felt her skin against my fingers for the second time. This time, my other hand reached out and cupped the side of her neck and had it there. My other hand started tracing her nose and eyes. Her eyelashes were exactly how I imagined it to be. They were long and femininely. And then, my fingers reached to her lips which were full and glossy.

 

My throat was getting dry as she opened a little.

 

“Jun Hyung…” She whispered.

 

“Shh… Hara.” I placed one finger on her lips and rubbed her face with my thumb, “I… I want to feel how you look like.”

 

I had my fingers ran through her hair and my position was in a way closer to her. I could feel her heart beating really fast – probably as fast as mine. I wondered if she felt the same. With hesitation, I laid my forehead against her forehead.

 

Seeing that she did not resist my movements, I gulped and closed my eyes, “I was wrong, Hara.”

 

“What do you mean?” I could feel her voice trembling.

 

“Your brother is right,” I answered her, “You have a face… and heart of an angel. Do you think it is possible to fall in love with a person whom you have only known for a few days and have never seen their appearance before?”

 

Before she could respond, I interrupted her breathing and answered myself, "Because I have."

 

With that, I laid my lips on hers firmly and sealed her with a kiss.