Fatal

Blind Love

The world was spinning vigorously with the electronic music playing in the background. I could smell the scent from the cigarettes mixed with a flux of perfume from the ladies sitting beside me. From an arm’s length, I could see my friends laughing and snuggling their faces into the ladies’ faces.

 

Pushing away the unknown woman who tried to grab my attention, I grabbed my glass of beer and immersed myself into my own world of insanity and freedom. The taste of alcohol running down my throat was exhilarating and the thought of letting my burdens set free at this moment was wonderful. I would never want to leave this comfort zone of mine.

 

“Dude, Jun Hyung, slow down on the drinks. You’re driving later, aren’t you?” Heechul snapped me out of my thoughts and nudged me in the elbow.

 

I flicked his hand away and growled even though I knew he was showing concern, “It’s none of your business. I… I need this. I need this beer…”

 

“Dude, is your father troubling you again?” Heechul hit the nail on the spot and I did not like a bit.

 

I frowned and stared at him, trying to find him in the midst of my blurred visions and seeing three Heechuls at once was not helping my case. I felt my stomach turning queasy as I spoke again, “Don’t talk about that man who tries to ruin every single part of my life!”

 

Heechul widened his eyes and backed away from me, “Whoa, okay. Just trying to help.”

 

There was no need for him to be concerned. I come from a wealthy family whose household is run or rather, ruin by my father who claims all of his decisions are right. I have no say in what I want to do. Every action of mine is monitored and I know the bodyguards are lurking somewhere waiting for me to get home. My mother is a timid wife who listens to him all the time – but not me.

 

He has forced me to break up with my girlfriend, Hyuna, of two years just simply because she does not have a good family background. He sends his dirty money to Hyuna and she actually accepted her, which proved his theory that Hyuna was just in it for the money.

 

“I’m heading off.” I announced and Heechul grabbed my wrist forcefully.

 

I turned around to find him saying, “I’ll drive you home. You are in no condition to drive.”

 

“Stop acting like a parent. I had enough of two. Bye bye!” I waved my hands and laughed at the same time. I had no idea why I did that though. I had never laughed since I entered the club and the fact that I was laughing loudly was rather strange. Perhaps I was really drunk but… I still could drive and make it back home.

 

The valet saw my condition and said the exact same thing as Heechul, “Sir, do you need me to bring you home? You look too…”

 

“Shut up and give me my keys! Get out of my freaking way, idiot!” I flared up and took my keys from him. I grabbed his collar and threw him down the floor hard, not forgetting to kick him once in the ribs. Now, that felt really good.

 

I got into the car and drove on. As my house was located in a far away and isolated area (for security purposes as said by my good old father), it was quiet and long ride along. I could sense the bodyguards following me from behind and I smirked. I accelerated the speed and drove quickly to make them go in rounds. I opened my eyes wide and checked the rear mirrors to find them gone.

 

“That teaches you nincompoops a lesson not to follow me…” I muttered under my breath.

 

At that moment, my head started to stung and I had one hand over my forehead. I rubbed my eyes for a moment to only realize flashes of headlights were binding my vision. I honked at the vehicle in front of me to make way to only find out I was the one on the wrong end of the road. I swerved my way out to avoid crashing but it was too late.

 

“Argh!” I cried when I felt the car overturned and sounds of the car banging and cracks of the side windows had hit on me that I was in a car accident.

 

I blinked my eyes several times and noticed my head was oozing and smelling like blood.

 

The last thing I saw was my bodyguards coming out of the car, screaming for my name and trying to break open the wrecked car of mine.

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you think he’s dead? His heartbeat is irregular. I think it’s going to…”

 

“No, he’s awake! Look! His eyes… Wait, he’s slipping into a coma again… Oh no.”

 

“Doctor Lee, what are we going to do? He’s losing too much blood.”

 

“We can’t afford to lose him. His father… His father would kill us. Yong Jun Hyung…”

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh no, my son! Are you alright? Please open your eyes. Wake up, Jun! Jun! You can’t just leave me alone! Please wake up!”

 

“Shut up! He’s still alive. Are you still defending him? He brought it all to himself. He committed drunk-driving and you’re crying over this worthless bastard who does nothing but disgrace our family!”

 

“How can you say that? He’s our son! He’s your son! No matter how playful he is, he is still your son!”

 

“He’s not my son!”

 

“Stop quarrelling, this is a hospital!”

 

 

 

 

 

“Shh, I think he’s going to wake up soon. I see his fingers moving…”

 

“Son, son. Are you awake? Son!”

 

 

 

 

 

Am I dreaming?

 

Am I hallucinating?

 

Am I already in heavens?

 

Or I should be in hell instead.

 

 

I could hear the voices around me and they seemed to people I know of. I tried to move my hand but it hurt so badly. Even turning my neck was a painful decision. Then, I tried moving my leg but it was also stuck.

 

Finally, I opened my eyes to check on where I was. And, I saw…

 

Nothing.

 

Absolutely nothing.

 

There was no other way to describe the scene in front of me.

 

It was total darkness. It was simply pitch black. Not even blurred visions when I was drunk. Not even an inch of light emerging from somewhere. It was black and dull with murmurings around me.

 

I grabbed on the… bed sheet… and stood up in a sitting position immediately. I panted so heavily as if I had just completed a marathon and perspirations trickled down my forehead and neck. The pain in my limbs was present but that was not my main point.

 

“Jun, Jun. I’m here. Mum’s here, don’t be afraid.” I could hear my mother’s voice so clearly and sensed that she was right beside me and holding me down with her hands, soothing me.

 

I tried to turn my head to the sound of her delicate voice but I could not see her at all, “Mum, what happened? I can’t see. I can’t see anything! Where am I? What’s going on?!” I was grabbing her shoulders hard and I heard her winced in pain.

 

“Yong Jun Hyung, please calm down and listen to me. I’m your doctor for now and I need you to calm down.” The person who I assumed was in front of me started to speak.

 

“Calm down? You’re asking me to calm down?! In this stupid situation where I can’t see a ? Are you kidding?!” I flared up and I swore I had never screamed so loudly before.

 

“Jun!”  My mother cried.

 

The doctor continued, “After your accident, you have temporary loss of sight. It’s head trauma. You will have to be hospitalized for further checks and…”

 

“Loss of sight?” I interrupted when I heard the three words, “I’m blind? You’re kidding me. You gotta to be kidding me. Shut up! I’m not blind! I don’t want to be! Go away!”

 

“Jun Hyung, listen to me!” The doctor shouted.

 

I grabbed the nearest object beside me and threw it across the bed. I heard some female voices screaming as I pushed my way through after I got out of the bed myself. I tripped and fell when my legs gave way. I felt two strong-built people pulling me back into the bed, “Get off me! Get off! Get lost! Don’t touch me!”

 

And then, I felt something injected in my arm and my eyelids were starting to close again.

 

No, that was the last thing I want to happen.

 

I can’t close my eyes again.

 

No.

 

I can’t…

 

I…

 

Can’t…

 

 

 

A/N:

It's just a short chapter to introduce Jun Hyung as a person. :)