Pledis University

Merry Go Round

Park Jihyun stared out the window of the bus and tightened her grip on the school bag resting in her hands.

I'll be going to college from now on... I feel nervous.

The bus took a stop; the door opened and passengers got off one by one. Jihyun took her luggage out from the buses luggage rack and got off, fixing her gaze on the school that was visible from the bus stop. That school was none other than the girls' only school: Pledis University.

While walking to the school, she began thinking "would I be able to make friends?" And, "will the students there be nice?" The first day of school was always an exciting and nerve-racking thought, especially for Jihyun.

The gate of the college stood open. Two male officers stood on each side; which was ironic, since its a girls' school.

 She gulped, and dragged her luggage onto school ground. Jihyun took a small map of the college out of her pocket.

"So... First I get my room number from the main office."

At that time, a strong wind blew and the map flew out of her hands. Jihyun watched it get further away from her grasp. She knew that she wouldn't be able to get it and stood there for a minute, dumbfounded.

I don't know my way around this school at all, and where is everyone? Am I in the wrong place?

She walked around the large school until she had found a group of girls chattering. Jihyun went to the nearest person. It was a girl with short blonde hair, she was cute and frail. Jihyun had an instinctive feeling of wanting to protect her.

She's so pretty, almost like... A fairy.

"E-excuse me." Jihyun coughed.

The blonde 'fairy' turned to her direction and smiled. It was a beautiful, but also mischievous smile.

"Yes?" She replied.

"Um... Do you know where the main office is?" Jihyun said, unable to look straight at her eyes.

"Oh, I'll show you the way." She said courteously, and waved to the girls she had been talking to a while ago.

"No, you really don't need to, I don't want to trouble you..."

"It's fine," the girl continued. "What's your name?"

"My name is Park Jihyun."

"Park Jihyun?  You can call me Ren."

"Eh? Really? No formalities?"  Jihyun asked.

"Yeah, if it's okay with you."

"O-of course it is!" Jihyun said, delighted that she had already made a friend.

"By the way, Jihyun... Do you have a boyfriend?" Ren curiously asked.

"Huh?"

"I asked if you had a boyfriend." Ren giggled.

"I would never have one!" Jihyun said in a loud voice. "I mean... I have androphobia, so whenever a man gets near me I start to tremble. But there is one boy that I'm okay with, but that's because we're childhood friends."

"That's too bad, I would have thought all the boys' would be chasing you. Since you're so cute." She smiled.

"You're c-c-c-cute too, Ren!" Jihyun stuttered.

"Thanks." She replied. "If you don't mind, tomorrow I'll show you around the school. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, I'd be happy if you did." Jihyun grinned.

They came to a stop and Ren pointed to the office. "Here it is. If you need help I'd be glad to help. Well then, I'll see you later." She went off to the opposite direction with elegant steps. Jihyun watched her walk away and wondered how someone could be so perfect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

After Jihyun had gotten her room number from the main office she went to the dormitories with the card key in one hand and a large luggage in the other.

She stuck the card key into the slot and heard the door make a small ding sound. Nervously, she opened the door wondering who her new roommate would be.

The first thing Jihyun noticed was the room. It had a bed on each side and two desks that had come with a table lamp. One side of the room was plain and white, while as the other side of the room was sparkling clean and filled with decorations.

A girl with short black hair was sitting on the ground. She folded her clothes and put them in a wooden drawer. Jihyun walked in shyly, and went to her side of the room.

"Annyeonghaseyo." Jihyun bowed, politely.

"Oh, you must be my new roommate!" The girl put her clothes down and went to greet her enthusiastically. "My name is Choi Yoo Bin, how about you?"

"I'm Park Jihyun." She beamed.

"Since I'm your roommate, do you want me to show you around the school?" Yoobin offered.

"That's okay, someone was already going to. But thanks." Jihyun politely declined.

"Aw, I really wanted to show you around. Maybe we can eat lunch together tomorrow." Yoobin smiled, feeling a bit disappointed. She gasped when she had remembered something."How about the day after tomorrow? I promised to eat with my friends that day."

"Sure." Jihyun agreed, and began to unpack her luggage.

The day continued with Jihyun and Yoobin talking about their lives outside of school and personal things. They had somehow got onto the topic of Jihyun being androphobic.

"If you're androphobic, then are you a lesbian?" Yoobin asked.

"What? No! I like girls platonically." Jihyun clarified. "They're just so fragile and I feel like I need to protect them... You know?"

"No, I don't understand." Yoobin frowned. "Just admit it, you're a lesbian."

"S-stop saying lesbian, just say yuri. That sounds more... dignified." Jihyun said.

"They're the same thing." Yoobin chuckled. "If you don't like girls or boys... Are you not going to get married in the future?"

"Well, I've thought about that and I do want to get married... But-" Jihyun sighed. "I'm not sure if I can stop my phobia of men."

"I could try helping... But we're at a private girls' college so it'll be a bit difficult to meet boys." Yoobin continued. "I have a ton of nice friends, I'm sure you'll like them too. You can come with me when we're out of school, I'll introduce you."

"Okay," Jihyun smiled. "Thanks."

The next day Jihyun waited near the front of the school building, waiting for Ren. She could see Ren from a distance walking calmly towards her.

"Sorry, was I late?" She smiled.

"No, I just came here earlier than I should have." Jihyun replied and checked her watch. "You're early too."

"I just couldn't wait to see you, Jihyun." Ren cooed. "Why did you come early?"

"I didn't want to be late, so I came a bit earlier than I should have." Jihyun said honestly.

"I see." Ren grabbed Jihyun's hands. "Shall we go now?"

Jihyun nodded in response and could have sworn she saw Ren with a devious smirk on her face. She began trembling, which was strange since this only happened when males touched her.

Why am I shaking? This only happens when boys touch me. Maybe it's from the excitement?

"What are you shaking for, Jihyun?" Ren asked mysteriously.

"I-I'm just a bit excited is all." Jihyun replied.

"You're... A strange person, you know?" Ren giggled and let go of her hand.

Jihyun only shook for a while, until the trembling finally stopped. She looked at Ren in confusion but continued following her.

While Ren showed each area, she thoroughly explained what activities were done in it and while she was it, explained the history of this school. It was amazing, really. That Ren was smart and pretty. How could anyone be so perfect?

"Ren...?" Jihyun asked. "How do you know so much about the school?"

"That's because my parents own this school." Ren answered. "Naturally, I came here to visit them. I liked traveling around the school, it was always an adventure for me."

"That's amazing. I can't believe your parents own this school; I wouldn't have known unless you told me." Jihyun gaped. "I would have gotten lost traveling around this big school."

"I didn't get lost because I always had a maid with me." Ren told her. "She's not here with me right now because she's on vacation."

"You're such a good person..." Jihyun said, admiring Ren's perfection.

Even her words are perfect!

"You're flattering me, Jihyun." She giggled. "I wish I was as good a person as you think I am."

"But you are! I mean, you helped me find my way around the school even though you were busy and now you're showing me around the school." Jihyun remarked.

Ren simply smiled. "Thank you."

They came around to the last location and said their goodbyes.

"Maybe we'll get the same class together." Ren smiled.

"Yeah. I hope we do." Jihyun agreed. 

"I wanted to practice archery today, so I'll get going now." Ren waved to her and went to the changing room next to them. She grabbed a hakama from one of the lockers and started changing.

Jihyun was about to turn around once she had noticed that Ren dropped her cell phone. She picked it up and went into the changing room.

I don't think she'd get changed so fast right? But even if she was changing... We're both girls.

"Ren! You forgot your cell ph-" She stopped and heard a deep voice coming from Ren.

"Without Hana this stupid hakama is really hard to put on." She said, struggling to tie the bow at the waist. Ren immediately stopped what she was doing when she had noticed Jihyun gapping at her.

She analyzed Ren from head to toe.

Her s... Are smaller than they were before. Wait are those pads on the floor? She is really skinny and has the anatomy of a males body. Now that I think about it, I was trembling when she held my hand before! Ren is... A boy?!

"Here's your cell phone." Jihyun dropped the cell phone on the floor with a dark face and sped out of the room.

Ren quickly put on the hakama and chased after Jihyun.

"Wait!"


A/N Hakama is a traditional Japanese clothing worn when doing martial arts sports. Source: Wikipedia

If I have any grammar or typos mistakes feel free to correct me.