WHY I LIKE RILAKKUMA

SOO CENTRIC ONE SHOTS ♥

 

Firstly, he's adorable. Second, I love that ageless blank expression on his face. He's known to be lazy, he actually is, and he doesn't really use that much effort when it comes to doing stuff, except for eating,\ and being cute. As much words I could say to describe him, I have a greater reason though on why I really, really like that bear. And it comes with the name of Choi Sooyoung.

 

 

HOW IT STARTED...

 

 

-Year 2009, Spring-

 

I chuckled shortly after telling her another nautical nonsense and she just stared at me with no clear expression. I still grinned to her and she grinned back as we stood there in the middle of the practice room, waiting for our members to come back. Since I had been busy with my drama and schedules, we hadn't got that much time to talk and play, a reason why I always treasure every second with her even though I tend to blab about immature things.

 

"If you were an animal-

"Sloth." Sooyoung Unnie answered right away without letting me finish.

"Well, they kept saying I look like one and partly because I can be really lazy when I want to be." She's got a point there though it's different from what I had in mind.

"You look a lot more like a big fuzzy bear." My grin grew wider.

"By bear, you mean big gluttonous four legged animal who loves to hibernate a lot." She said blandly.

"Then yes." I giggled at her remark.

"From now on..." I wore her bear hoodie on her head.

"I'm gonna call you Soobear." She looked so cute with it.

"You're not teasing me, right?" She asked glaring.

"I think it fits perfectly." I s my arms around her tiny waist, resting my head on her shoulder with my eyes closed.

"You forgot the fact that bears are really huggable in nature."

"But... they beat the crap out of each other with hugging... and biting... and scratching..." Sooyoung Unnie sounded afraid and confused.

"That's what they usually do when I watch them on National Geographic." I chuckled.

 

Others might think of us as two people who only like to hang out with each other like best buddies, sisters, something like that. But that's not true at all. In terms of affection, I'm obviously the showy one. If I want to hug her, I'd hug her even if we're in a crowded place while she's the playful one who acts more like a kid when I'm around and most of the time, she's the one who immediately holds my hand when she wants me to stay next to her. Oh and when it's only us and she wants to cuddle, she's one heck of a cuddler. Nevertheless, I think what they see is what they get since I still consider her as my Unnie, addresses her as one too, even though we're dating. But we like it like that.

 

 

The next day...

 

 

We we're wandering around the mall when she stopped for a second. She walked back a couple of steps then faced a store full of plushies. I stood next to her and my attention was caught by that almond brown bear whose eyes were as blank as a pitch black void. I turned my attention to her and at that moment, their expression was kind of mirroring each other. She turned to me then pointed to the name.

 

"Ri-la-kku-ma." She read it slowly.

"It's cute." I said to her.

 

My heart fluttered as I looked at it a bit more. I looked back at Sooyoung Unnie with her back facing me. She glanced at the female owner then dashed towards her.

 

"If I give you a personal sing and dance performance, will you give me this hair pin for free?" She eagerly asked which was astounding and odd. The lady was so stunned, she couldn't respond properly.

"I-I... s-sure..." She bobbed. She started dancing to Gee while lip synching and though she was great, she seemed kinda crazy. The lady was clapping the whole time and Sooyoung Unnie ended it with a curtsy.

"If you want to, you can pick a stuffed toy instead of that hair pin." The owner grinned from ear to ear. Unnie grinned as well as she shook her head.

"I'll buy one next time."

 

She walked back to me with her eyes on her shoes.

 

"I want to buy you one but I don't have my wallet..." She held out the Rilakkuma hair pin with her upper body swaying.

"For now, this is all I can afford." She said cheekily, carefully putting it in my hair.

"Will you wait for it?" I nod before squishing her in my arms.

"Yes, I will."

 

And from then on, every time I see his face it would clearly remind me of her. The next twenty four hours though had gotten insane with the news quickly spreading about me liking that bear. And tons of fans and admirers all over the world kept sending me different ones. I liked it a lot but I didn't know Sooyoung Unnie felt a little envious about it.

 

 

-Year 2011, my birthday-

 

We were left alone for a moment. She went quiet at first, looking kind of hesitate about something. She suddenly ran to her room then quickly came back with something in her hand. It made me smile right away. She held out the Rilakkuma stuffed toy in a chef costume as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

 

"I know, I know. You got a gazillion of this but..." She stood closer.

"I'm hoping this bear can help you sleep at night since you've been having a hard time getting some when I'm not around."

"It will." I smiled at her, my cheeks tinted red.

 

We then heard footsteps coming from the dining area and as I was looking at that direction she quickly stole a kiss from me which I could consider our very first kiss. I blushed even more because of it.

 

"T-Thank you so much, Unnie..." I uttered shyly. She inched a little closer, close enough for another kiss. She cupped my face and I could feel her warmness going thru my skin.

"Stop calling your girlfriend Unnie."

"So... does that mean we're..." She kissed me again and so I bobbed right away.

"Yes." She answered grinning then pulled me to where our members were.

"Let us eat!" She said enthusiastically.

 

 

-Year 2013, one and a half hour before my birthday ends-

 

She came inside panting, holding her bags and her phone. She looked at me and I noticed how tired she was from her taping. I went to her to give her a hand when she just dropped everything on the floor. She dragged me to the living room and asked me to hold still before running off then dragged Yul Unnie and Hyo Unnie with her. I looked at the rest of my members and they too looked dumbfounded. Just a minute later, we heard heavy footsteps across the living room and I couldn't believe my eyes.

 

"I'm not too late, am I?" She asked, wearing a Rilakkuma costume and behind her was Hyo Unnie with the duck one and Yul Unnie wearing the White Bear.

"Happy birthday, Yoong!" The three started dancing and my heart wanted to burst out of my chest.

"Thank you so much!" I said clapping while the others were just laughing their butts off. Once they stopped, the two walked away feeling embarrassed.

"Fifty bucks isn't worth it." Hyo Unnie muttered followed by Yul Unnie.

"I'm never doing this again."

 

 

An hour later...

 

 

The door creaked and was then shut closed. I tried to see who it was and saw her crawling on the bed next to me instead of Yul Unnie. Though we're in a relationship, Yul Unnie and Tiffany Unnie too, the whole group still likes to keep the roommate thing going to prevent 'adult things' from happening. Gracious, I haven't even thought of that! As she lay down beside me, she immediately had her eyes closed.

 

"Soobear?"

"I'm so tired..." She said faintly.

"Uhmm... where would Yul Unnie sleep?" Since Tiffany Unnie just went out for a late night radio guest-ing and her room was locked.

"Let her sleep on the floor. I still won't forgive her for eating my submarine sandwich last week." I chuckled shortly.

"Are you going to sleep here?" She opened her eyes then stared at me for a moment.

"You don't want me to?" I grinned.

"I want to. I really want to."

"Happy birthday, Yoongie." She said then kissed me before we both fell asleep.

 

 

-Meanwhile-

 

 

"Are you guys still awake?" Yuri weakly called for the nth time with her eyes completely shut, her body leaning on the wooden door looking all sleepy and tired.

"Sooyoungie... I'll buy you one tomorrow. I swear..." But no one answered and then she just slid down as she fell fast asleep on the floor.

 

 

-Present-

 

I can't sleep. My eyes are closed but my mind can't seem to rest. Yul Unnie is out on a date with Tiffany Unnie somewhere so basically, I'm alone tonight. I sigh. She hasn't even texted nor called the whole day. 'Cause there's no schedule tomorrow, she won't be sleeping here. She only stays for the night when there's an event or an early morning show. I miss her so much. I hug Little Youngie(the Rilakkuma toy) tighter, imagining it was her. I wish she's here...

 

 

-Ten Minutes Later-

 

I feel a body lay beside me, waking me up a bit. Yul Unnie's date might've ended early. At least I can sleep without any fear knowing I'm not on my own. Suddenly, I feel a hand grab Little Youngie's foot. She pulls it away from me so I opened my eyes to protest. She immediately buries herself in my arms in replace of Little Youngie. I smile. I don't think I have to protest anymore since it's her in my embrace.She nuzzles on my neck. I flinch a bit, feeling a bit ticklish.

 

"I love you, Yoong..." Sooyoung whispers directly to my ear. Without a second to spare, I'm falling fast asleep with her caged in my arms.

 

:)