MY BEAUTIFUL RUNAWAY

SOO CENTRIC ONE SHOTS ♥

 

 

 

Yoona’s POV

 

I stood quietly, facing the mirror while my mother combs my hair from behind. I looked at my white wedding gown showing that feminine curve on my body, my wavy hair covering my shoulders sprawled just above my chest. I then looked up, meeting myself, eyes staring back showing that visible sadness I’ve been hiding behind that joyful smile. I wanted to want that day to happen but I couldn’t lie any longer.

 

 

"You look beautiful, dear." Mom said, caressing my pinkish cheek.

 

"Thank you." I replied shortly.

 

"He's a lucky man." She smiled. I looked away.

 

"What's wrong?" She asked.

 

"I'm just really nervous." I was, but only because I might not be able to escape after all.

 

"Every woman feels the same as you do." She continued to ease me.

 

"It's going to be fine." I bobbed though in my heart it’s not what I wanted.

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

 

I’m a professional photographer at the age of 23. I’m quite known to the industry and I am quite respected by my juniors and seniors and also my colleagues. I am always ready and on the dot when it comes to my appointments and my clients. But that day, that darned wedding day, was the first time my reputation’s been ruined because of that ert partner of mine.

 

 

"Damn you Kim Hyoyeon for getting me drunk last night..."

 

 

And so I was running fast, holding my Canon DSLR, looking like a total mess wearing a red checkered blouse, my brown leather jacket and my skin tight jeans and black Chucks which were, by the way, opposite to my supposed to be appropriate and decent outfit although my long brown hair still made me look good. I looked at my wrist watch and I was half an hour late for the wedding.

 

 

"Ah shoot! They're already starting!" I said aloud.

 

 

What’s more distressing was the fact that I wasn’t born to run so my long legs were pretty useless that time. Even so, I doubled my pace, even though it didn’t help a lot, and hoped I didn’t miss much of the happenings during the ceremony.

 

 

Yoona’s POV

 

I waited and waited for that opportunity to come. But after walking down the aisle, when he smiled at me and mouthed I love you, I thought maybe I was too late. Maybe I should’ve accepted the fact even before the night of the wedding. Still, I waited. That’s how stubborn I am. And as I face the altar, disregarding the words of the priest, I kept thinking about my chances and that moment was one of them. I then heard the priest say those words that made my heartbeat go faster.

 

 

"... speak now or forever hold your peace..."

 

 

I waited.

 

 

But nobody said a word. No one wanted to oppose. It was my last chance and I stood there hopeful with my hands evidently shaking. But I still wasn’t saved. He looked at me with such worry and maybe, that’s when he knew what was bothering me. I looked down feeling sick of my father’s decision, of his family’s desire. He and my Mom were the only ones who stayed truthful to me. He’s a little older than me and he understands me well unlike his family who only wanted this because of my father. But I’ve had enough. And then I realized, the only person who could save me that time was me.

 

 

“Im Yoona, do you-

 

"No... N-No." I answered without letting the priest finish.

 

 

Everyone gasped. All eyes on me. I looked at him and my tears started rolling.

 

 

"I'm sorry."

 

 

After saying those words, I ran away without looking back. Without looking at my father’s disappointed eyes, without looking at his family’s heated face, without looking at my mother’s proud smile.

 

 

 

Writer’s POV

 

The other ran with her might to completely break away from everything that’s been stopping her to live her life while the other one only had no choice but to run because she had to and neither of them had no idea they we’re running towards the same path.

 

Sooyoung was panting really hard with her eyes closed, unable to run any longer but still she kept her feet moving until a young woman in a white dress running oppositely with her head down accidentally bumped into her. Sooyoung turned to the girl and was about to apologize when she realized the person was wearing a wedding gown and that she might be the bride of the wedding she had to go to. They stared for a second with Sooyoung’s eyes full of wonder and fascination while the other girl only had her fear written on her face.

 

 

"Are you..."

 

 

Sooyoung was about to ask but was cut off when the girl ran away. She was left there dazed of the beauty and concern she had seen from the runaway bride. She looked down and noticed a bouquet of flowers lying on the bricked ground. Since the wedding might’ve been a fiasco that time, it’s better not to show up and was best for her to follow the girl and at least maybe return the bouquet to her.

 

 

"Miss! You forgot your..." She thought twice. Her distance was far long than she had expected.

 

"Hell." But still, she ran to catch up to her.

 

 

The distance kept getting larger and larger but for some reason the girl seemed to be slowing down a little after a few seconds which might be caused by her gown and those white heels she’s wearing.

 

 

"Miss! Wait up!" Sooyoung yelled, gasping for air.

 

 

Once the girl reached the park then started walking, Sooyoung doubled her pace.

 

 

"Miss!" She yelled again and that time, she managed to get the girl’s attention.

 

 

With just a few more steps, she slowed down to catch her breath. The girl turned around to see who was calling her and there she saw a tall figure with just the same height as hers, walking in her direction with her bouquet on her left hand.

 

 

"You forgot this." Sooyoung stopped and held the bouquet towards her.

 

 

The girl stared at it then her eyes went to Sooyoung who grinned slightly with composure and was able to examine the girl’s features. She had an undying beauty and her face had so much innocence showing especially through her eyes. There was a moment of silence like everything had stopped for them but both didn’t realized there were also a lot of people passing by, some even had to stop to watch what’s going to happen next.

 

 

"Kiss already!" A man shouted somewhere from the forming crowd that snapped both of them. Everyone clapped and whistled because of that beautiful scene. Sooyoung’s eyes widened as she started panicking.

 

 

"N-No! N-N-No, this isn't what it looks like." She sheepishly smiled to everyone, her head shaking. They respond with a louder cheer.

 

"I know she's beautiful and all but..." She said then she looked at the girl who was looking intently back at her thus, she lost her speech. Her face turned red as she slapped her face, feeling defeated and mortified.

 

"Aigoo..." She muttered.

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

After that humiliating, well, not so humiliating but a rather crazy scene back there, I grabbed her wrist not minding those people then dragged her to a near bench. She sat there motionless while I get us both a drink to cool down. I sat next to her holding two cans of sodas with a huge gap between us. I glanced at her and she was still looking down on her lap.

 

 

"Here." I held it close to her but she didn’t respond.

 

"Want some?" I asked again.

 

 

All of a sudden, she started crying. Her sobs went louder and louder with every teardrop falling. I looked at her wanting to calm her but I didn’t know what to say. My dilemma starts again when those passersby kept glaring at me like I’m the one who shamelessly made her cry.

 

 

"N-No... I-I didn’t make her cry." I defended myself but still got accused.

 

"Oh come on, people!"

 

 

As much as I wanted to protest my rights I just waited for her to stop crying and hoped those people would stop glaring at me. It didn’t take long for her to calm down so I looked at her to see if she really was okay. I lend my hankie to her and she took it without looking at me. She wiped her tears and her smeared mascara and breathed out before speaking.

 

 

"Mianeh..." She said lowly. Her sadness was still evident.

 

"It's okay... Then again my reputation’s ruined." She looked away. I smiled.

 

"I'm kidding." I said, even though it was half meant.

 

"By the way, I was supposed to be your... photographer..."

 

"You came for nothing." She coldly responded.

 

"I came just in time." I crossed my arms.

 

 

She still had her eyes somewhere. It was quiet between us for a moment and I noticed the sky turning grey and judging from her expression, she seemed regrettable yet unable to show what she really felt. As a photographer, I’ve managed to read a person’s true emotions thru their eyes and their facial expressions even though their showing a far more different one than what is truly inside. They say it’s a gift but sometimes I think it’s burdensome and depressing knowing most of the people surrounding me are not happy at all.

 

 

"Whatever reason you have, I think it's understandable." I said out of the blue.

 

"You wouldn't say that if you really know." It was obvious she wanted me to leave her alone. But I was stubborn as hell.

 

"I do. Just seeing those tears... I felt your entire misery of wanting to get out of that situation." She looked at me. I could see how boggled and shocked she was.

 

"Who are you again?" I smiled to her.

 

"I already told you. I'm your wedding photographer." I held out my hand. Though I didn’t expect it, I was captivated when she smiled back.

 

"The dramatic runaway bride." We shook hands. I was delighted and there was this feeling in my stomach that I hadn’t felt for a year. It was my turn to ease myself so I could ask her if I could take a photo of her.

 

"Can I?" I showed my camera.

 

"Sure." She smiled again and it was perfect.

 

 

I asked her to stand near the fountain where a man was selling balloons alongside. I didn’t ask her to strike a pose ‘cause she totally looked stunning even when she’s just standing. I bobbed my head and counted to three. She smiled at me, her body angled to her left while holding her bouquet. Out of the ordinary, before I clicked the shutter, the balloons started floating away, creating a marvelous background effect. It was only one photo but I’ve fallen in love with it and maybe to her as well.

 

 

"Perfect." It was the only word I could describe her.

 

 

She walked to me with that smile still on her face and it was real this time. There wasn’t any form of sadness and I was glad she’s finally okay.

 

 

"I have to go." She said though I wanted her to stay a bit more.

 

"Where?"

 

"I still have to face them, don't I?" I tried to smile and nodded.

 

"Fighting." We both said.

 

 

And I was left to watch my destiny walk away from me.

 

 

Yoona’s POV

 

 

"How dare you show your face here?!" His mother yelled.

 

 

A hard slap on my face didn’t hurt me that much although a tear escaped from my eye. It didn’t matter to her that we’re in front of the altar and all I could do was just bear with it. She raised her hand again and was about to blow another hit when he stopped his own mother.

 

 

"Don't!" He yelled to her, eyes glaring then slowly turning into a plea.

 

"Mother…" He held his mother’s hand to calm her which worked quite a bit. He turned to me to check if I was okay. I only looked at him with that visible mark on my cheek.

 

"Yoona..." He held my hand and faced his parents again.

 

"I'm going to talk to her alone." He said with a stern tone.

 

 

The final thing I had to do was tell him the truth and I’d be set free for real.

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

Three days after that wedding disaster where I met this beautiful runaway bride, I was still searching for her. I kept staring at her photo hoping she’d come alive, hoping we could still talk so we could get to know each other. I may seem delusional but the truth was I was crazy in love with her that fast.

 

 

"I wonder if she's okay now..." I mumbled, zooming in on her picture on my camera.

 

"Got another hot chick?" As soon as Hyo spoke I turned my camera off and continued editing on some pictures in my desktop.

 

"She hot? Lemme see!" After a minute of tug of war, she won, which was a bad thing.

 

"Whoah... isn't she that..." Her eyes were bulging out.

 

"Dude, you're gonna hook up with the ex president's son's ex bride!" She had that y smile again. I smack her head and took my camera away from her.

 

"Shut up! I'm not going to." I said with my brows creased. I turned back to my desktop, sighing.

 

"We just happened to be at the same mess." I said in a low voice.

 

"And that's it." Hyo gave me a pat on my back.

 

"I feel for you."

 

 

 

THREE MONTHS LATER...

 

 

Click.

 

 

Then she strikes a pose.

 

 

Click. Click.

 

 

The girl flipped her long blonde hair, holding the designer bag on her right hand.

 

 

"Smile!"

 

 

But all I could see in my head was HER smile.

 

 

"Keep it up."

 

 

Her face, her voice, everything about her occupied a huge amount of space inside of me.

 

 

"That's good."

 

 

No matter what I do, no one could ever be as perfect as her.

 

 

"Perfect."

 

 

It was my cue for the American model to leave but before she stepped inside the changing room, she sent me a wink. I looked away without a care. And yes, I got used to it. Flirting is a usual thing between me and the models I take pictures of though they’re the only ones doing the flirting. I’m actually very serious when it comes to my job and I am very strict when working, opposite to me is my partner who’s also quite known for her job but also known to be a very bad flirt.

 

 

"Another invitation for Miss Choi." Hyo stood beside me handing me a pink envelope tied with a red lace.

 

"Wedding... Huh." Another thing that reminded me of her.

 

"Still can't forget le runaway maiden?" Hyo teasingly asked. I ignored her and just sat on my chair to start editing the pictures.

 

"Well, let's finish this first." I exhaled.

 

 

Though it’s not obvious, I’ve been searching for her countless. At the subway station, the market, the mall, the chilidog stand near the park and sometimes even the diner near our studio. I would look around quietly and wait for her to appear. If asked about any info regarding her, I wouldn’t be able to answer anything since I don’t know anything about her even the first letter of her name.

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

“How are you going to find her on your own if you still don’t know her name?” Hyo pointed her chopsticks on me.

 

 

And our never ending argument of searching for her began again while eating Chinese food after cleaning up the studio. I stuck my tongue out and fixed my hair in a bun. I rolled my sleeves then started shoving my mouth with noodles.

 

 

“I can do it myself. I have my ways and I only need to remember what she looks like.” I answered while walking towards the kitchen counter.

 

“Why not use…” She took out that paper pad sized gadget with an apple with a bite logo from behind her.

 

“The internet.” She made it sound so mystical I could puke rainbows in a second.

 

“I told you, I don’t use those things. I don’t even watch television.” I rolled my eyes, turned around then sat on the counter. She eyed me while shaking her head.

 

“You are such an old person… and they’re called T.V. now.” She said in disgust.

 

“Stop living under a rock! My grandma even has two Twitter accounts and an Instagram account with four hundred thousand followers and counting.”

 

“I don’t even know what that Twittegram thing is.”

 

“That’s what I’m talking about! You’re too old fashioned!” I swallowed first before talking back.

 

“The only thing I need to know in this generation is how to open a PC, how to use it and how to shut it down.” My phone suddenly vibrated. It was a missed call from my Mom.

 

“And that…” Hyo pointed at it.

 

“You’re the only person I know who still owns a phone with squishy keypads and an antenna.” I felt offended right away.

 

“They’re for speed dials and I like playing with the antenna.” I said in defense of my ten year old phone. Maybe I have been living under a rock for some time now.

 

“And I don’t care if you’re grandpa has those notebook sized cell phones.” I glared at her.

 

“Yes, he certainly has and their called smart phones now.” I puckered and looked at my food.

 

“Plus, I have you so I don’t need to configure those thingamajigs.” I happily said making her groan.

 

“That’s why it’s so frustrating!” She pulled her hair on both sides.

 

 

Mehe, I won.

 

 

 

Yoona’s POV

 

Wearing my pink gown, with my long hair straightened, I was able to show myself without caring what others might be saying behind my back. I went inside the bride’s room to surprise her before the actual wedding. I stand behind my best friend and then gave her a hug. She was a bit surprised but she still gave me a pat on my head then smiled at me while facing the mirror. I turned her to face me and for some reason I saw a bit of myself back when I was about to get married that day. I smiled knowing back then I never had my freedom and I wouldn’t even be able to stand there in front of her.

 

 

"You look lovely, Hye Sun." I told her.

 

"Thank you so much." Her eyes glimmered in excitement.

 

"I thought you weren't gonna come." I giggled.

 

"I'm not gonna miss out on my best friend's wedding… but I’ll be watching somewhere you wouldn’t see me." She looked worryingly at me.

 

"Don't worry, everything's fine." I assured her.

 

"It's all good now." And I got over everything that had hurt me.

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

 

"Wow. This place looks nice." I said while looking around.

 

"Totally." Hyo agreed, her head bobbing.

 

 

Everything seemed extravagant and sophisticated just like what they said in the theme. Good thing Hyo and I had our hair done beautifully while wearing something civilized though we wouldn’t be able to move around wearing pretty dresses or skirts so, yeah, pants. Different tops, tucked neatly and then white pants. And heels too. After feasting my eyes, I was about to compliment the wedding planner when someone cut me off.

 

 

"Whoever did this-

 

"Is such a genius?" I turned around smiling as I heard that voice though Hyo almost jolted behind me in fear of seeing her again.

 

"Jess..." I couldn’t believe my eyes. It’s been a year since we last saw her in the airport before her flight back to L.A.

 

"Hello, Soo." She grinned. She still had those glasses with thick lenses, making her y and well-mannered at the same time. Her cocktail dress suit her well with her crimped hair combed neatly to the side.

 

"Let me guess, you're the wedding planner." I asked smiling.

 

"That's right." She smiled sweetly at me I just had to hug her.

 

"Still awesome." She hugged back tightly. We let go as she faced Hyo right away.

 

"Why, hello there." Jessica smirked. I could see how Hyo trembled, seeing that smirk. Even after a year, Jessica still loves torturing her.

 

"You still owe me a hundred." She flatly said.

 

"That was a year ago!" Hyo whined.

 

"And you're still guilty." Jessica stuck her tongue out before looking at me. She smiled again as she waves.

 

"I'll see you two around." Then glared back to Hyo. I chuckled nonetheless while Hyo was left there complaining.

 

"That woman's pure evil." She crossed her arms.

 

"You just really hate my ex." We started walking on the aisle to find a good spot to take pictures.

 

"I still remember how I abhor her even now." She continued.

 

"And you two broke up because of a petty reason. Thank goodness for that." She wiped off her imaginary sweat.

 

"I don't think it's petty." I said grinning.

 

"We just chose to be friends."

 

 

After about half an hour, the wedding officially started and Hyo and I separated to get to our spots. I went near the altar while Hyo was in charge near the aisle. As I watch closely, taking pictures of each important person inside, I remembered her in that gown looking so breathtaking. Just then, the bride walked in while her little flower girls toss the petals playfully in mid air. Everybody was laughing and giggling at their cuteness. I started taking pictures of the bride and I thought of her again. In my mind she was walking towards me while I wait for her to hold my hand. Then I decided to forget about it for a sec and just continue with my job.

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

The wedding went pretty well. It was sweet and I had to admit it’s like watching fairy tale in real life. Hyo went by herself to get some numbers but all she was getting was slap, slap, slap. I sometimes pity my partner. While thinking of what to eat first, I stumble upon seeing that humongous and tasty cake I’ve been admiring since I came in the wedding reception. I was about to grab the cake knife when a hand was also about to get it. I looked up seeing those eyes. There she was in front of me, both of us unable to say anything, unable to think it was all too real. We stood there frozen for a sec until my new phone which Hyo gave me started ringing.

 

 

"I got you, little runaway..."

 

 

I quickly turned it off knowing it was only Hyo peeping behind somewhere she could see me.

 

 

"Sorry 'bout that." I grinned a little.

 

"Why didn't you answer it?" She asked, puzzled.

 

"It's some ert playing jokes on me again." I finally found Hyo hiding behind that huge vase near the catering, her smile getting weirder and weirder so I looked away. I looked back to her in awe and the only words I could describe her was…

 

"You look lovely and happier." Really. Like, so much.

 

"You look stunning." I escorted her so we could talk in private without my princess ogre friend stalking us.

 

 

We ended up talking in an uphill near the lagoon just behind the garden located at the far side of the bride’s mansion. Our only light source was the moon and it made the ambience look romantic. And she, well, she’s always been perfect. She was carefree and I loved hearing her voice when she talks. Her smile never left and it felt enchanting just watching her, listening to her stories about her and her best friend.

 

 

"...and then after that, she accidentally spilled glue on my hair. I didn't go to school for three days because of her. That's how clumsy she is." She laughed wholeheartedly. She started calming down as we both stared into each other’s eyes.

 

"You're still pretty when you laugh, do you know that?" I said. She looked away, her smile disappearing.

 

"Everyone thinks it's un-ladylike." She hugged her knees closely. I smiled because of her action.

 

"I think it's cute." I placed my cheek on my palm, my elbow resting on my knee, while I still had my eyes on her. She looked back and slowly, her smile crept back.

 

"I like your smile." It was my turn to look away as I felt my cheeks blazing.

 

"That blush adds up points." She giggled.

 

"I am not blushing..." I hugged my knees with my toes curled.

 

"It's... just... my cheeks are really cold." I reasoned shyly. Her palm then cupped my cheeks. I faced her meeting those beautiful brown eyes.

 

"Better?" I nodded.

 

"Absolutely." I felt it again and somewhere in my stomach, someone was yelling for me to kiss her. The moment was right so the only thing I had to do was to move my face forward.

 

"Yah, Choi Sooyoung! There you..." Then Hyo came. Out of all the people, why did it have to be that ?! I glared to her, warning her to scram at once.

 

"Oops." There was that smile on her face again. That dirty idiot. Though, thank goodness she ran off.

 

"Aishhh... that little..." I muttered. I looked at Yoona feeling embarrassed.

 

"Sorry about that." I said while standing up. I held her hand to help her stand up as well.

 

"It's fine." She giggled.

 

 

And before I could even speak, she grabbed my collar then kissed me. I didn’t respond immediately because it was all too sudden. But that magic was there and so I closed my eyes and my lips just started moving to the rhythm. Her hand slowly went to my nape while her other hand went to my shoulder. Though I wanted to make the first move, she made it even better for us. Even after our lips parted my eyes were still closed. Unhurriedly, I opened them and saw her already walking in the garden.

 

 

"Hey... where are you going?" I asked. She turned around smiling.

 

"Back. I'll see you again."

 

"When?"

 

"Soon, I guess." I touched my lips while getting my thoughts back. Then I remembered.

 

 

"Wait! I forgot to ask your..."

 

 

And she was gone. Just like that.

 

 

My nameless love. Everything happened that quickly and eventually it ended really fast as well. Though I could still feel her lips on mine, it felt relieving. That was enough for me to know that she had the same feelings as mine. I just hope we’d bump into each other again so I could finally confess and it’s possible because fate had spoken. I sighed smiling and when I saw Hyo leaning on her pickup truck from afar with that creepy smile of hers, I almost turned around but I still continued walking since she’s giving me a free ride home.

 

 

"Did you two-

 

"Shut up. We didn't. And I forgot to ask her name." I glared while fixing my things inside.

 

"Don't you dare say a word." I warned her again.

 

"Are you guys leaving already?" Jessica appeared from behind us, making Hyo jerk on my side.

 

"Yeah, we have a photo shoot on Jeju tomorrow morning." I said while Hyo kept muttering beside me.

 

"What's wrong with her?" Jessica asked.

 

"She still hates you." I answered grinning. Jessica took a step closer to her smiling.

 

"Cute." Hyo moved behind me to hide completely. Jessica looked back at me.

 

"I'll see you when I see you?" She asked. I hugged her and let her break off the hug.

 

"I'll wait for that." I answered. She kissed my cheek then she went to Hyo to plant one on her too.

 

"Bye." She winked to her leaving Hyo baffled and scared though a bit shocked and a little giddy.

 

"Why did she do that?" She asked, looking straight at me.

 

"That's how they do it in L.A. Liked it?" I teased. She shook her head.

 

"I need a paper bag." I just laughed at her expression.

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

Two weeks had passed and I was still waiting for her to appear. Hyo would catch me daydreaming, zoning out just thinking of her and sometimes I’d giggle all of a sudden, scaring the sh*t out of her and sometimes even out of our customers and clients. While thinking of her again, at the same time whistling and taping the envelope full of pictures from that wedding where we first had our kiss, a customer rang the bell snapping me back to my sweet reality.

 

 

"I'm here to get the wedding pictures." She said.

 

"Here ya go." I turned around to hand it to her.

 

"That'll be..."

 

 

Then I looked up. It was her again.

 

 

We went to the lanai just at the back of the studio to talk. It was peaceful and fresh when the sky slowly turned to grey. The flowers then looked gloomy but I didn’t care. Her quietness though made me nervous but I still kept my optimistic side going.

 

 

"I forgot that you're the wedding photographer." She said, grinning a bit.

 

"You remembered me as a gate crasher, didn't you?" I tried making the atmosphere light but after a few chuckles, she went silent again.

 

"Is everything fine?" I asked. She stood up then started walking back.

 

"Hey, where are you going?" She stopped.

 

"Somewhere far from here." I stood up but wasn’t able to take a step forward.

 

"You're leaving me again…" I said trying to hide that sadness that had already crushed me inside. She turned around, walking back to me and I was in her embrace for a while. I didn’t hold back knowing she’ll be leaving in any second.

 

"The next time I see you I'll never run away from you ever again." She whispered.

 

 

She slowly moved back to turn around and walk away. I didn’t bother catching up to ask her name ‘cause

 

 

Like the sky itself, my world turned grey after she left.

 

 

 

A YEAR LATER...

 

 

Writer’s POV

 

Hyoyeon watched her lifeless friend with her head glued on her desk, staring at the photo of the girl who she still had no idea of who she really was. They even lost a couple of clients because of Sooyoung being out of focus and Hyoyeon had enough of it. She needed Sooyoung to come back or else she might lose her friend forever.

 

 

"What is with that girl that you can't get her out of your mind?" She asked arms crossed.

 

"Everything…" Sooyoung answered without any motion.

 

"It's been twelve months." Hyoyeon sighed. Sooyoung buried her face on her desk as she answered inaudibly.

 

"What?" Hyoyeon arched a brow.

 

"I said I..." Sooyoung lifted her head, tears forming on the corner of her eyes.

 

"You love her." Hyoyeon breathed out and gave her a file.

 

"Before you go melodramatic about how awful it is that she's always running away, I had a little stalking to cheer you up."

 

"Creeper." Sooyoung eyed her friend.

 

"Shut up. You'll thank me later." Sooyoung looked through the file and saw a 1x1 picture of the girl she loves while Hyoyeon started giving details about her.

 

"Her name is Im Yoona, now 24 years old, daughter of the former senator. She's in Paris right now studying culinary and by the end of the month, she'll be graduating." Sooyoung grinned though Hyoyeon knew it would fade away soon.

 

"And one more thing, I know this will hurt you but she's dating some French guy." Sooyoung stood up with the file on her hand.

 

"There's no stopping me." She said before going to her room to fix her luggage.

 

"That dumb*ss. Well, good thing I already packed my bags." Hyoyeon chuckled.

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

 

"Do you know this girl?" I asked in English to a man passing by.

 

"No."

 

"Excuse me." Then to an old lady.

 

"Do you know her?" But I only got ignored. It’s been an hour since we’ve started asking but we still had no progress.

 

"Why can't we just go to her university?" Hyo suggested making my eye twitch.

 

"You know where she studies?" There were so many things I’d like to tell her that could crush her soul but if it wasn’t for that info she gave me, she might’ve been dead now.

 

"I can't eat this over there." She quickly munched on her bread.

 

 

After that bus ride, we finally came to her University but it seemed like everyone was out. It’s like walking inside a ghost town in Paris. We got to the lobby and saw someone in the information desk so we dashed to get there.

 

 

"Do you know a student named Im Yoona?" I asked again in English. The lady pointed at the girl running towards the exit behind us.

 

"Thank you." Then I quickly turned to her direction.

 

 

Writer’s POV

 

 

Hyoyeon watched Sooyoung ran as well as the lady. Hyoyeon then realized the young Parisian was hot and was just her type. The lady looked back at her, brows creased while Hyoyeon’s grin grew wider and wider. Her brows wiggled as she placed her chin on her palm.

 

 

"You free?" She asked in French surprising the lady, her hand in grasped of the pepper spray inside her purse.

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

 

"Miss!" I knew I should’ve taken jogging more seriously.

 

"MISS!" She’s still far away. Hold on…

 

"Wait, I already know her name…" I just realized.

 

 

"IM YOONA!"

 

 

I shouted really loud for her to hear me. I didn’t care about those people looking strangely at me if it was my only means of getting her attention. She stopped though so I smiled. She turned around and I could read from her lips how surprised she was.

 

 

"How... did she…"

 

 

Just like before, I left her sitting on the bench without a flinch while I get her this time, a bottle of water. She gladly took it as I sat beside her without that huge gap, but a more comfortable gap between us. She took a few gulps first before I spoke.

 

 

"I knew you'd want some."

 

 

And then she started crying again. I remembered why I never really liked those thirty seconds of my life.

 

 

"We-I-I didn't do anything, swear!" I still had to defend myself from those people no matter what.

 

"Do I look like a heart breaker?" I mumbled in defeat.

 

 

And just like that time, she started to calm down.

 

 

"You ruined my reputation twice." I said to her. She didn’t respond. I grinned a bit.

 

"What is it this time?" I asked trying to comfort her.

 

"I dated a cheater and I caught them in the act." That hurt a bit.

 

"You loved that guy that much that it hurts?" I asked.  I was upset ‘cause I might’ve been a little late to get her.

 

"No." She answered firmly. I looked back to her, confused.

 

"I just hate myself for being such a pushover. I kept understanding him even though our relationship's a pile of sh*t." Whoah… she’s mad.

 

"He's just some French d*ck." She chuckled.

 

"I cried because it took me too long to get away from him. I guess all I ever wanted was to give him a ing reason for us to break up. No more of this ed up, doormat life." She wiped her tears with her sleeves and with her final sob, she let out a huge amount of breath to form a smile.

 

"You cuss like a fat alcoholic truck driver." I was very shocked hearing her swear.

 

"It feels nice to finally say I'm free." She said happily. She then looked at me for a second. I could feel how confused she was.

 

"After all the times I've left you... why did you still come here?" I grinned.

 

"To tell you the truth, I thought I was too late."

 

"But you always come just in time." I stared at her as she smiled to the sky.

 

"This may sound insane and corny but... that time when I met you, I knew you were my destiny, my soul mate. All this time, you keep running away from me but somehow, you always come back. And this time, I want to make sure I won't ever lose you again. That's why I'm here to remind you of your promise."

 

 

Her cheeks were then starting to blush. I looked down and saw her hand next to mine with my heart beating more rapidly. I entwined our fingers without a hurry before saying her name once more.

 

 

"Im Yoona…" I looked at her. Our eyes were then locked to each other’s.

 

"Please don't ever run away from me again." I held her hand tightly. Her smile grew wider making me feel that thing in my stomach again.

 

"I promise you, Choi Sooyoung." She said softly that got me confused.

 

"How did you..." She giggled before speaking.

 

"I'm the one who personally called you to be our wedding photographer. I guess you forgot about that."

 

 

AW, SHOOT. THAT.

 

 

It all leads to that wasted night after that party Hyo and I attended before that wedding. It was the only wasted night of my entire life and it will never happen again.

 

 

Aissshhhh…

 

 

Then I remembered how I was so drunk while talking to her I kept answering yes from every word she said and I ended up doodling the address and the name of the caller.

 

 

Then I forgot everything else after that.

 

 

"I was... drunk that night to even remember the slightest detail about the reception even the groom and bride's name." I slapped my forehead. That Kim Hyoyeon… still, she’s the reason I got there so I guess, I’m a little thankful to her yet again...

 

"Still... you knew my name all along." I said to her.

 

"That's so not fair." My lips formed a pout.

 

"I'd never forget your name after everything that's happened." She bent forward again for a long and gentle kiss, making me high.

 

"Fair enough."  I said, dazed. She stood up, taking a few steps backwards.

 

 

"Catch me if you can." She said then winked.

 

 

I stood up to catch up on her even though I at running. We didn’t care about those people walking peacefully at that park and we didn’t mind getting yelled at. We chuckled while chasing each other and it was somehow tiring and sweet until I finally got her hand. I didn’t waste any moment so I pulled her for another kiss and just after that I thought maybe we could do another one and another one.

 

 

I hate running though but it’s still worth it. She made it worth the chase. :)

 

 

-The End-