Woohyun

A Triangle Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun’s Point of View

September, 2012

Hi, my name is Nam Woohyun. I’m a 5th semester student at Civil Engineering in the university. Today is a special day. I’m gonna meet my girlfriend after 2 months separated. She took an English short course in USA. Now, I’m gonna picked her up in the airport.

Incheon International Arrivals. I’m standing, bringing a bouquet of pink rose, ready to see her again. Oh, there she is. The girl with a green thin long sleeved knitted shirt and flowery skirt. “Jini!” I shouted her name and waved my hands. She smiled so bright and waved her left hands so excited.  She stopped in front of me, put both of her hands around my neck, and hugged me tight. “Woohyunnie, I miss you soooo” she said. “I miss you too..” I said. Now, she loosened her hands and looked at me. She smiled again, and then kissed my lips. Even she’s a year older than me, but she’s always like this, so bright, so spontaneous, I like it.

“Ah, it’s not supposed to be like this..” I .

“Why?” She said, then pouted

“You supposed to take this first, not kissed me first..” I said it while handing the roses to her.

“Aaah, so sweet.. “ She said it while took the roses and put the smile back to her face. “Then I can kiss you again..” She teased.

“Hahaa, not here, this is a public place.. Let me take your suitcase..” I said it gently.

And now, we were walking together, while she linked her arm around mine.

 

-00-

 

Before took off, she already told me that right after she landed here, in Korea, she wanted to eat Ramyeon. So now, we were here in our favorite ramyeon shop at the corner of the street. But it was not only two of us, we were waiting for someone, my not- blood related older brother, my best friend, my roommate, Kim Sunggyu. Someone who’s usually eat this ramyeon with us. “Gyu Hyung!” I shouted his name while seeing him came into the restaurant. He looked at me, and his eyes were gone, it always happened every time he smile.

 

-00-

 

Jini turned his head and spontaneously said, “Oooh, hamster!”. Responds what Jini said, he just smirked.

For your information, he’s not only mine but also Jini’s close friend, her classmate, and he’s the one who introduced Jini to me.

Jini noticed me and Hyung wearing “the same feeling” clothes. I just noticed it by myself after Jini saying. This is not the first time, sometimes we get surprised that we use the same black shirt in the morning or wear beanie when we met outside. It’s just a connection, like Jini whispered. It something you can’t avoid when you living with the same person for years. It was like when Jini complained about her room mate, I just laughed. I’ve been room mate with Hyung for years, so I knew his habit, he has.. mmm.. no, i wouldn’t tell, I would keep it secret. Hahaha.

We were sitting not so far from the TV, so when the waitress changed the TV chanel Jini noticed something. “Oh, is that a new program on SBS?” she pointed on TV.

“I don’t know, I’m not watching TV quite often..” I answered.

There’s a few person in that tTV program, sit in U shape and discussed something. Kim Hyesun and Yoon Jongshin were the MC, there was also G-Dragon and Daesung from Bigbang as the guest stars. They discussed something about love at the first sight. I’m hearing the MC asked ‘Do you believe love at the first sight? Have you experience it?”

“Yes!” I said on my own. Jini, she’s my love at the first sight.

 

Go back to June 2011.

Here in the same ramyeon shop, Hyung and me enjoy our dinner after watching musical theatre. But then, Hyung’s phone was ringing. He picked up his phone and started to talk to someone on the phone.

“Not yet, why? – I can finished it tomorow.. It’s in the afternoon, right? – What? Really? – Now? I’m in the ramyeon shop..”

I could see Hyung hold off his phone from his ear, and I could hear someone on the phone was yelling.

“Chilled – Oh okay then.. – You know where is it?– Oh okay, see you.”

He hunged up his phone.

“Do you need to go meet someone, Hyung?” I asked.

“No, she’s coming here..”

And yeah, not long after, I saw her through the window, someone came out from the car, a girl with a long-sleeved plain orange casual dress that really matched with her brown hair, her left hand was hugging her bag so tight into her chest, and the other was covering her head from raindrops..

She was entering the restaurant and looking for someone, none other than Sunggyu hyung. And she put a smile while seeing Hyung’s existance. Her smile was so warm.

She got close to us, “Gyu.. “ But then, she realized my existence and said, “Oh, Anyeonghasimnika.” She bowed to me. I bowed her back.

“Is it raining outside?” Hyung asked.

“He’em.. It starts raining when I come..” She said while pulled the chair and sat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter