10. Multiplied to infinity.

So, We're Kind of a Little Clichéd too.

Kris has become a frequent visitor ever since he confessed and took care of Tao when he was sick. It's been two weeks since the confession and Kris would come to Tao's dorms at random moments, bringing him food or just hanging out with him at night. Sometimes they play games with Jonghyun when Tao's roommate isn't crashing in his boyfriend's apartment. Tao just never had the heart to turn Kris away anymore nor does he even want Kris to stop dropping by.

It's Saturday and the both of them are sitting on the floor while Kris helps Tao with his paper on South Korea's government and constitution. Kris hasn't asked for Tao's reply to his confession nor the younger took initiative to say anything. They still talk over the phone and texts each other but Kris is lenient over Tao's request to not be seen with him in campus, still telling him that his friends won't understand and he hates when he becomes the center of attention.

"I don't understand a thing." Tao exclaims and kicks his book on the floor. Kris takes the poor book and checks the page Tao is stuck on, the blond reads in silence and the younger stares. They've been hanging out together secretly for five weeks now and he's sure that no matter how hard he tries, the attraction he has for Kris is only growing bigger even if he tries to shove it aside.

"So, you see..." Kris starts and turns to face Tao. He stops when he realizes how close their faces are. Tao clears his throat and turns away, "I'm bored. Can we grab something to eat?" The younger asks, and Kris sighs, "You're a procrastinator, aren't you?"

Tao pouts and Kris rolls his eyes, "We can grab some milk tea or something."

"Okay." Tao grins and jumps off the floor. He leaps over Kris' legs and goes to his drawer where his wallet and phone are. He checks his phone (he doesn't pay mind to it when Kris is around because the blond mostly takes his inbox and calls log list anyway) and finds a missed call from Luhan and a message.

From: Luhan-ge
Sent: 3:15 PM

It's a boring Saturday! We're here at the bubble tea shop. Most are here! You should come too! 


Tao types a reply immediately. He's gonna have to lie and probably skip the milk tea and keep working on his boring paper.

To: Luhan-ge
Sent: 3:45 PM

Sorry for the late reply, I'm trying to finish my paper. I'll make it up to everyone next time. :) 


Tao sighs and returns on the floor where Kris is still not moving. "Oh, I thought we're leaving?" The blond asks as he looks up from Tao's book. The younger shakes his head, "My friends are at the tea shop. I just..."

"I brought my car. We can go to another town."

Tao's eyes light up, "We can?! I mean, if it isn't too much because it's just milk tea and... We can just continue studying."

Kris squints his eyes then grins lopsidedly, "Do you even mean that? Your system is already rejecting the thought of studying."

Tao laughs at the back of his hand, "You caught me."

"God, you're so cute." Kris pinches Tao's nose and stands up from his seat on the floor, "Let's go."

The younger nods and follows Kris out after grabbing his phone and wallet. He texts Jonghyun (the only person he trusts about him and Kris) that he and Kris are going out for a bit. His roommate replies with a wink emoticon.

They find another milk tea house 45 minutes away from Tao's dorm, the younger insisting that the farther the better chances of his friends not finding him. Kris agrees nonetheless, because it just means more time spending with the boy he's still trying to woo.

"I'll pay." Kris tells Tao, but the younger hits his arm and gives his money for his own drink. The girl in the cashier is just smiling at the both of them with their little bickerings. Tao takes his drink moments later and goes ahead to find a table by the corner. When Kris joins him, a slice of cake is placed in front of him. "For me?"

Kris grunts in reply and just sits across him. "Hey, Tao..."

"Hmn?"

"Why don't you want me to meet your friends?" Kris asks, and Tao stops eating his cake and faces the blond, "It's a little complicated. I just don't think they'd understand this."

"This?" Kris quirks an eyebrow and Tao nods, "So, we're dating. What's wrong with that?" The blond asks and Tao is quick to respond, "This isn't a date!"

Kris laughs and the blush creeping on the younger's cheeks aren't hard to ignore. "Just... not right now, Kris-ge." Tao mumbles and the blond sighs, "Okay, okay. I understand."

"It's just that... This is a little complicated, you see? I mean, who would have thought we'd be close friends..." Tao continues to explain and Kris cringes at the word 'friend' because please don't let Tao friendzone him, just no. Tao sighs and Kris notices that he's turning redder and his gaze is now locked on to the half-eaten cake, "And now... We're this." Kris sighs in relief inwardly because whatever this is, it's much better than being just friends.

"I said I understand, Tao. Don't worry, okay?"

Tao nods and continues eating his cake. They spend almost an hour and a half before returning back to the younger's dorm to help him study.

-----

"So, is he your boyfriend now?" Jonghyun asks three nights later after Kris went home. Tao shifts on his bed and faces his roommate, "He's not."

"You two sure aren't acting what 'just friends' act though."

Tao takes a sharp intake of air and his voice shakes when he answers Jonghyun, "I can't like him back. I can't be his boyfriend."

"And why not?"

Tao lies on his back again and puts an arm over his eyes because talking to Jonghyun now makes him want to cry, "I didn't like him first."

"What?" Jonghyun sits up from his lying position to look at his younger roommate, "Is something wrong?"

The young Chinese sniffles, "There's a reason why I can't be seen with him in campus. That's why you're the only one who knows about us."

"Minho does."

"He does?" Tao's voice quivers, and Jonghyun knows that his roommate is on the verge of breaking down any moment now. The older of the two explains further, "Kris tells him because Kris knows we're in a relationship. We've sworn secrecy to the both of you, don't worry. But back to you..."

"You know Luhan-ge, right?" Tao asks and Jonghyun replies with a 'yes'. The younger clears his throat before speaking again, "He's in love with Kris. The moment he saw him, it's been his goal to make Kris his boyfriend. I didn't know about his feelings until Kris and I already planned on watching that French film." And by this time Tao is already sobbing, "I tried, I swear I tried to not see him again but I just can't ignore his calls or text messages because he's a really nice person and I like him..." Jonghyun jumps off his bed and pulls up the younger for a hug, "I really like him, hyung. And it's getting harder for me to ignore my feelings anymore because he already confessed to me and I really want to tell him that I want to be with him. That I really like him back."

"There, there, Tao. I'm sure Luhan will understand. You have to tell him about Kris soon because you can only hide about you and him for too long."

"Luhan-ge will hate me. I don't want him to hate me. He's one of my first friends and he's nice. He took me under his wings and being with Kris is just like stabbing him in the back."

"Then what do you want to do? You have to choose now, but you have to choose wisely. I've been around Kris a while now to know that the guy is serious about you." Jonghyun runs his hand through Tao's hair, "You're gonna break Luhan's heart if you decide to be with Kris, I know that. But you're gonna break yours and Kris' hearts if you decide to be selfless for Luhan. Sometimes happiness can only be gained if you become selfish for once."

"Hyung..." Tao pushes himself off the hug and Jonghyun wipes the tears from the younger's cheeks, "Go to bed, Tao. You're a good kid. You deserve to be happy."

-----

Unfortunately, Tao isn't able to talk to neither Kris and Luhan about the matter when he had to return to China two days later. His grandfather died and his parents are demanding that he comes home immediately.

Jonghyun, Minho and Kris sends him to the airport that Friday morning. All his other friends offered to take him to the airport but Tao insisted that it's not right for all of them to see him off at 2 in the morning. He said he's gonna take a cab but Kris is persistent enough that Tao had to give in when his suitor drove him to the airport.

Jonghyun and Minho stays in a nearby Starbucks while the two says their temporary goodbyes.

"How long are you staying in China?" Kris asks. Tao purses his lips before answering, "About a week. I've talked to my dean and professors that I'll be gone until Friday next week. I'll be back to school by Monday."

"I'll pick you up. Text me your flight back's details, okay?"

"You don't have to. I can just call a cab."

Kris raises an eyebrow, "No. I want to see you immediately the moment you return."

"... Fine." Tao smiles. At that moment, his flight's been called for boarding and he stares at Kris, "Uhm, bye."

"...I'll wait for you." Kris tells him and with every ounce of courage he hugs the younger boy. He feels like floating in the air when Tao doesn't turn him away and instead hugs back before releasing from the contact immediately and waves him goodbye.

Kris makes sure the plane has left before joining the couple in their table. "Let's have a small talk first, okay? Minho, be a dear and grab a coffee for Kris?" Jonghyun uses his aegyo on his boyfriend and the taller stands up after asking what Kris wants to drink.

"So, Kris..."

"Hmmn?"

"Look, I may be the unlikely candidate to be Tao's guardian here since I'm sure he's closer to his other friends but Minho and I are the only ones who actually knows about the two of you... So, on the scale of 1 to 10, how serious are you with Tao?"

Kris smiles, "10. Multiplied to infinity."

"Bastard. But seriously..."

"I am serious." Kris cuts Jonghyun off, "It's like... You know that feeling you get when you finally found that person you picture yourself growing old with? I'm not being cheesy or anything but I had this moment when we were on our way to the movies. He was sleeping in the car and I was just looking at him and I told myself, 'Man. I'd love to wake up every waking day of my life next to him'. That's just how I felt. How I still feel."

Minho hands Kris his drink, the soccer team captain looks at him, "So, where does your relationship stands now?"

"I don't know. I'm not that dense and I can sense that he likes me too. I'm pretty sure he does because if he doesn't he would have rejected me already." Kris sighs and takes a sip of his hot drink, "But there's something holding him back. There's always his friends that wouldn't understand."

Jonghyun knows he shouldn't meddle with Tao's affairs but he really wants his roommate to be happy, because he sees no reason for Tao not to be. "Why not be bolder? Why not try and find who his friends are?"

"Tao would hate me if I do that." Kris frowns, "It's the last thing I want him to feel about me."

"Well, unless you want the both of you to stay in this kind of relationship then suit yourself." Jonghyun tells him and then followed with a yawn. The three of them decides to just return back home.

-----

The whole week without Tao moves too slow for Kris. Sure he's updated via texts but not hearing him or seeing him is just so different. He's sure that he's really falling for the younger and Jonghyun's right, if he wants to solidify whatever they have, he has to be man enough to face Tao's response - be it positive or negative.

He decides to go to the cafeteria Tao frequents with his friends while the younger Chinese is in China that Wednesday. He's glad that some of his friends eat here too and it won't be too suspicious why he's suddenly eating there. He takes note of Luhan, because Tao mentions him most of the time, and Sehun. He knows the kid from the tour, and so are Lay, Kai and Kyungsoo. Apart from the 5, he notices other 5 guys in the table - a tall guy with big eyes and ears. Next to him is a shorter guy with eyeliner. Then there's a chubby guy with baozi cheeks. Across said baozi boy is a guy with very prominent cheekbones and jawline. Then there's a short guy with pale skin and angelic smile fixing his laptop on the table.

Kris is just two tables away from the group and he notices when all ten gathers around the laptop and then yells a collective, "TAO!!!" The blond almost jumps off his seat and runs to the group because it, Tao is skyping with his friends and could Kris be even more envious?

He feigns interest to what his friends in their table is talking about but his ears are straining so hard to catch a little of Tao's voice - which is impossible since there are ten loud guys talking with the young Chinese.

"So, when are you coming back? We miss watching your wushu!"

"Yeah! Mondays and Fridays are boring without you kicking Minseok's !"

"We miss you, little peach!!!"

"I can't hear him!"

And Kris is thankful to the guy with angelic smile because Kris can't hear him too. He concentrates and focuses his attention to the laptop two tables away from him and he hears the faint giggle he's missing so much and the soft nasal voice he loves hearing. Before he knows it, he's texting Tao while he knows that the younger is in the middle of Skyping with his friends.

To: Tao
Sent: 12:15 PM

I miss you so much. Come home soon. 


He doesn't get a reply immediately. Kris watches as the ten guys end the conversation and he bids his farewell to his own set of friends. He's walking back to his building when his phone vibrates in his jeans' pocket.

From: Tao
Sent: 12:40 PM

Flight's been confirmed. I'll be landing in Incheon airport on Friday, 11 PM. I'll be home soon!


Kris smiles as he reads the text. He's about to return it back to his pocket when it starts vibrating again.

From: Tao
Sent: 12:42 PM

I missed you too.


-----

It's a cold and windy Friday evening when Kris goes to the airport. It's already 11:30 and Tao hasn't emerged out of the gates yet. He takes a sip of his coffee and tries not to fall asleep. He had basketball training until 8 in the evening earlier and he's really exhausted. He yawns and wipes the tears forming in his eyes when his phone vibrates on the table.

From: Tao
Sent: 11:32 PM

Sleepyhead. :)


Kris smiles and turns to the side to find Tao standing there. The blond jumps from his seat and walks to the younger.

"Hey."

"Hi."

Kris pinches Tao's nose, the younger pouts and the blond chuckles, "Welcome back."

"Yeah. I'm back."

Kris takes Tao's bag and they walk out of the airport. A gust of wind welcomes the both of them and it makes Tao shiver. "Are you okay, Tao? I couldn't find a nearer parking spot so we have to walk a bit."

"I'm okay. Hold on." They stop walking and Tao takes something from his coat. It's a pair of gloves and the younger puts it on. He's about the put the other glove on his left hand when another gust of wind blows in their direction, carrying the said glove along with it.

"Wah!!! My glove!" Tao yelps as he looks at his glove get carried far away from him. The younger is about to run for it when a warm hand envelops his cold one, "I'll keep you warm. Let it go." Kris tells him and puts their hands inside the taller's coat. Tao feels his cheeks burn and Kris' hold tightens against his hand. It's the first time they ever hold hands, and his heart is racing against his chest. Tao thinks he's becoming more and more selfish each time with Kris because he's being happier every moment he's with the older boy.

They make it to the car and Kris reluctantly releases Tao's hand. The drive back is full of Tao's stories about China, and his family. Kris listens eagerly, and his former sleepy state vanishes immediately as he watches Tao talk animatedly about his home. He then turns quiet when it came to his grandfather.

"Tao, are you okay?"

"I just... When grandpa died, I just realized it's harder to get left behind than leave."

Kris doesn't say much and just pats the younger boy's shoulder. They make it back to Tao's dorms and Kris makes sure to walk him to his door.

"Thank you for tonight, ge."

"Hey, Tao?"

"Hmn?"

"I - if you let me in further in your life, I'll never leave. You'll never ever be left behind."

Tao smiles and he stares back at Kris. There's a tugging feeling in his heart that wants to pull the blond closer and kiss him. He really wants to feel him against him and tell him that he wants to stay with Kris too. More than anything, he wants to be by Kris' side.

Kris braces his hand on the wall next to Tao's head and leans closer. He never had the huge urge to kiss Tao this much, but the way the younger is looking at him, inviting him to close the gap between them is just too hard to ignore.

"G-ge..." Tao whispers, his breath ghosting against Kris' lips. They're mere millimeters away from each other when the door behind Tao's back opens and the younger almost falls over but Kris is fast enough to catch him.

"OH MY! I'm so sorry! I didn't know! I just heard some movements outside and ! I'm so sorry! I obviously interrupted something!" Jonghyun apologizes repeatedly, over and over but Tao laughs shyly and pushes Kris so he can let go, "I-it's okay, hyung. Don't worry."

Kris glares at Jonghyun from behind Tao and the younger's roommate chuckles nervously. Tao turns to face Kris again, "Thank you for tonight, I'll see you around."

"Y-yeah, anytime."

Tao closes the door after he waves Kris goodbye and when he turns around Jonghyun is smirking at him, "I'm sorry but I'm not really."

Tao sighs against the door then smiles at his roommate, "I guess you saved me back there too."

"At least, you're not gonna do something you might regret later on. For all we know, kissing seals the deal."

Tao nods and heads to the shower. His heart keeps racing when the proximity of Kris' face from his own flashes his memory. He thinks he'll be dreaming of him tonight.

Again.

-----

Except for the weekends that Kris spent with Tao after he got back to Seoul, the weekdays are left for Tao to be with his friends and the nights are spent catching up to the lessons he's missed. He asked Kris not to disturb him for the time being unless he's caught up with all of it and the blond is gracious enough to comply.

"God, I'm exhausted." Tao buries his face on his book. They're in the library and it's already another Friday. He's been taking make-up exams all week and his brain is dying.

"You're gonna be fine! It's over now." Luhan ruffles his hair. And the motherly affection turns rough when his hair is suddenly being tugged from the roots. "Ge! Whaaat?"

"Kris!!! He's here! Gah!" The older squeals quietly as he watches Kris walk from shelves to shelves, all the while Tao struggles for his friend's hand to release his hair. "Oops! Sorry!" Luhan laughs and releases his friend. Sehun returns to their table and finds Tao fixing his hair, "Hyung, you tortured another friend."

"I'm okay." Tao smiles and tries to ignore Kris' presence completely. Luhan isn't prying his eyes off the blond though, "My god! He looks so perfect, even if he's just texting or whatever."

Tao's eyes widen and immediately puts his phone in silent mode. Sure enough, a message from Kris comes a few seconds later.

From: Kris
Sent: 4:56 PM

You okay? Are you hurt? 


Tao smiles and replies immediately.

To: Kris
Sent: 4:59 PM

I'm okay. :) I'm gonna go out of the library and head home. Skipping wushu practice, I'm so tired. :(


Tao puts his phone back to his pocket and bids farewell to Luhan and Sehun. The young Chinese walks silently back to his dorm, halfway there, a hand holds his, "Hey."

"Oh. Aren't you supposed to be in a meeting?" Tao asks, not removing Kris' hand from his, but tries to hide their entwined fingers between their bodies. He's thankful that nost his friends are already in their night classes while the rest are probably going about their extra curricular activities.

"I'll go to the council meeting after I take you home."

"But you didn't have to do that."

"You know I miss you, and I just want to spend a little more time with you."

They're walking up the stairs to Tao's dorm when Kris asks, "When do we go out on an official date?"

"Huh?"

Kris pulls Tao a little closer, "Well, we went out to the movies and went to the bubble tea shop. Aside from that, we either stay in your dorm for dinner or go out for breakfast but all of that, according to you aren't dates. But to me, they are, though very unofficial."

Tao sighs and removes his hand from Kris, "I don't know. Maybe when we're officially together."

"When is that gonna happen then? I really like you, Tao. I know I said I'll give you time but, give me a little sign that we're gonna get there."

"I... I don't know. I'm sorry."

Kris sighs, "Do you even like me?"

Tao wants to slap Kris across the face because isn't it obvious enough? He's about to say something when Kris cuts him off, "Please be honest with me. Are you just stringing me along? It's always about your friends, about other people. What about me?" Kris didn't intend to sound so angry at Tao but it just happened.

"H-how dare you...?" Tao's lips tremble as he looks up at Kris, "You think I'm stringing you along...? What... What kind of person do you think I am?"

"Tao, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it to come out that way." Kris tries to grab Tao by the arm but the younger backs away, "You can go, Kris. Just... Go away."

"Tao..." Kris steps forward but Tao pushes him by the chest, "Go away. I can't believe you'd accuse me of something like that..."

"I'm sorry, Tao..."

"You have no idea how hard this is for me too..." Tao tells the older blond before running off to his room and closing the door with force.

-----

Jonghyun notices the absence of Tao's smiles and constant visitor after about a few days that he's been coming home to his dorm with Tao.

"Something happened, didn't it?"

"We fought."

"Is that why your phone is currently off for days?"

"Yeah..."

"What happened?"

Tao explains the argument and his roommate listens, by the end, Tao's already crying again. Jonghyun jumps off his bed and soothes the younger's hand as he continues to cry, "I don't even know why I'm crying, but it hurts..."

"Tao, you have to talk to Kris. You can't blame him for thinking that way. You've been hanging out for two months, and Kris always makes way for your requests but if I were him, I'd think that way too."

"Oh god. I hurt him too." Tao cries harder, and Jonghyun can only feel bad for the boy. "I just, I have no idea how this works. I've never been in a serious relationship and if I do accept Kris, he's gonna be my first boyfriend and it's too complicated before we can even start..."

"... Talk to Kris. Talk to Luhan. Seeing you like this, you've only been ignoring each other for almost a week and it's breaking you. You're only gonna hurt more if you cut him completely off your life."

Tao whimpers, "What do I do...?"

Jonghyun grabs Tao's phone from the dresser, "Here. Open your phone, and reply to his messages. I'm sure he hasn't stopped trying to contact you."

"Hyung..."

"Do it. I'm gonna go grab dinner with Minho. I'm gonna bring you food, so while I'm gone you go try and fix things, okay?" Jonghyun gives Tao's hand a slight squeeze before leaving the room.

True to Jonghyun's words, text messages start flooding the moment Tao turns on his phone, some are from his friends while all 53 messages are from Kris. Tao reads all of Kris' text messages one by one, all apologies, explanations, more apologies and a handful of I'm sorry's. The most recent makes Tao cry silently again.

From: Kris
Sent: 6:06 PM

It's been 5 days since we last talked, since I last saw your face but I feel like it's already been years. I'm really sorry, I've never regret something so much. I never wanted to hurt you, if you need more time, I'll give you that. Take all the time you need but please don't shut me out of your life. I'll prove to you that I am worthy to become your boyfriend, that your friends won't have any problem with me. I'll face them all for you but stay right next to me. I'm sorry, I really am. 


Tao's hand shakes as he dials Kris' number for the first time ever since they've started hanging out. It only rings once before Kris answers the call immediately.

'Tao?!'

"Hey."

'Hi.'

"I'm sorry, too." Tao sniffs and he doesn't want Kris to know that he just cried.

'You don't have to apologize. I was out of line.'

"Can we talk tomorrow? I'll meet you around 11?"

'I have classes until then, you know that.'

"I... I know. I'll meet you outside your building."

'In campus? Are you sure?'

"Yes. I'm sure."

'I'll see you tomorrow, then.'

"Okay." The both of them turns silent for a few seconds. The conversation is over but none of them wants to end it. Tao hears Kris take a deep breath before speaking again.

'I really missed you. More than ever.'

Tao purses his lips and thinks if he should tell Kris honestly that he missed him too but he stops himself because he still can't say it personally and just sighs, "I'm gonna go back to bed... I'm kinda sleepy. I'll see you."

'Good night.'

"Goodnight." Tao ends the conversation and types a message for Kris.

To: Kris
Sent: 6:32 PM

I missed you too. :) 


-----

Tao fidgets on the bench across Kris' building the next day. It's his first time to visit the older boy's department and it's making him nervous. Add to the anxiety is the fact that they haven't seen each other face to face for almost 6 days and it's like they have to start all over again.

"Were you waiting long?" Kris asks Tao when he sits next to the younger. The ravenhaired boy didn't even notice the blond approach him as he was too busy making sure that his friends are gathered in the cafeteria and away from the Political Science building.

"N-no! About 10 minutes, or so."

"Do we talk here? The back of this building has a soccer field, we can stay there. I don't think many students will be there at this hour."

"O-okay." Tao stands, and Kris takes the younger's bag. They don't hold hands but they stay a bit closer. Tao catches Kris taking a glance at him from time to time and it only makes him more anxious than before.

They arrive at the soccer field a few minutes later and they sit on a patch of grass under an old tree on the side of the field. There are only a few students around and they're a few meters away from the both of them.

"So... What do you want to talk about?" Kris asks as he sits cross-legged across Tao. The younger is on his knees facing the older and takes a sharp intake of air before speaking, "I'm really sorry, I just need a bit more time."

"Well, as long as I know you're still giving me a chance..."

Tao scratches the back of his neck, "I'm just gonna talk to my friends, and maybe we can go further once I do."

"I'm okay with that. I told you I'll give you all the time in the world that you need." Kris pinches Tao's nose then rummages his bag, "I bought us lunch. It's gotten a little cold but I thought you might be hungry by the time we finish talking."

"Thank you." Tao smiles and takes a sandwich Kris offers.

They spend lunch together in comfort. They're talking about the days they haven't spent together all the while trying to ignore the fact that they missed each terribly more than words can say. The younger checks his watch an hour or so later, "I need to leave. My friends will go suspicious."

"Can I drop by later for dinner?"

Tao nods, "But let me buy us dinner this time."

Kris smiles as Tao waves him goodbye and runs off to his building.

-----

Tao is running out of breath when he reaches the cafeteria and finds his friends in their usual table. Everyone's there and hopefully he can open up about Kris and just get this over with.

"I GOT IT!!!" The younger hears Luhan scream as he nears them.

"Got what?" Tao asks, panting as he sits next to Sehun.

"Where have you been?" Sehun asks, Tao shakes his head, "Just... There? What's up, guys?"

"I know now how he'll fall in love with me!!!" Luhan screams again and Tao's breath hitches.

"How?" Sehun asks with an eyebrow raised.

"I need a makeover! Jamie was so pretty during the play and Landon fell in love with her! Even Regina had nothing on Cady when she had a makeover!"

Tao listens and his confidence is draining out of his system because Luhan is gonna undergo a makeover just so Kris can notice him. Guilt is overpowering Tao once again, he's never been a selfish person but he's never been happier when he's with Kris. His mind is going blank as he just watches Luhan talk animatedly on how this will work to his advantage and before he knows it, the older Chinese is running out of the cafeteria.

The group looks at Luhan's retreating figure then to Sehun, "You're obviously in love with him." Joonmyun states matter-of-factly.

"I'm not." Sehun tells them nonchalantly then picks on his food.

Tao knows that his chance of telling all of his friends has slipped and it's harder now because Luhan obviously has no intention of losing interest in Kris. Tao sighs and just follows the conversation on teasing Sehun about his love for Luhan. They end up placing bets and he bets on Sehun and Luhan hooking up, because apparently Kris and him already has something going on between them.

They're still teasing Sehun when Tao's phone rings, the surprised look on the dark haired Chinese doesn't escape his friends' eyes. Tao cancels the call but immediately replies via text.

"Who was it?" Baekhyun asks, Tao shakes his head again, "N-nobody."

"You're not a good liar, Tao." Minseok comments, and before Tao can protest, Chanyeol's voice booms, "You have a boyfriend!" Baekhyun slaps the tall boy's arm, "Or a girlfriend! Whoever fits." Chanyeol tries to save his statement.

Tao sighs, "Just... Someone asking me out."

"Why are you refusing the date?"

Tao doesn't answer but instead panics, "I'm late for my next class!!!!" His outburst makes his friends check their watches, more than half cursing at themselves for being late. Joonmyun tells everyone he'll take care of the bet money until further notice. One by one they disperse to their separate classes.

-----

Kris comes to his dorm around 7 that night and Jonghyun is out on a date with Minho. They settle on the floor and they start eating the pasta Tao bought.

"How did it go?" Kris asks, Tao shrugs, "It never came up."

"Oh."

"I don't know how I'll even start telling them." Tao takes a bite off his garlic bread and Kris wipes the crumbs from the side of his lips.

"Want me to tell them? I can help you too."

"WHAT?! N-no! I just... I can't let you do that. These are my friends and my problem alone."

"But, technically, it involves me now."

Tao laughs nervously, "Well, yes. But..."

"We'll figure things out, okay?"

"Look, ge... I-if I... We tell my friends, I'm sure I'd have to keep myself away from them for awhile."

Kris nods, and this is just all too familiar to him. One of Tao's friends like him and it's what's keeping him from admitting to his friends about the two of them. The blond doesn't say anything though, he wants Tao to open up to him by himself.

"Blahrgh. I don't like this food. I'm sorry it . What you bring are always better." Tao puts down his plate and pushes it away from him. "We can find a better place to eat if we're dating normally." Kris teases and Tao pouts, "Out. Get out of my room!"

"Are you angry, peach?"

Tao sticks out his tongue like a little child but Kris just laughs at him, "We'll find a better place next time, ge." The younger smiles and Kris knows he can no longer prolong hiding what they have.

-----

It's Friday the next day, and everyone only has morning and night classes. Tao is practicing his wushu with Minseok while the rest are just watching him. He can hear Sehun and Luhan whisper to each other but he concentrates on sparring with the older Korean instead.

Tao almost kicks Minseok square in the face when Baekhyun's voice splits the silence when he shouts, "WE ARE SO WINNING THIS!"

"Winning what?" Luhan asks with wide eyes, "Nothing. Nevermind that idiot." Sehun replies. "I'll be back." The older tells his bestfriend and leaves the room.

Tao watches Luhan leave. He takes a drink first and checks his phone for a bit. It's weird that Kris hasn't contacted him all day but he shrugs. It's Friday and he's probably busy being an overachiever.

His back is facing the door when there's a collective gasp from his friends and when he turns around he finds Kris walking up to him.

"W-what are you doing here..?" Tao whispers, looking over Kris shoulders as he looks at his friends staring at them with mouths open.

"Well, I just want to talk to you and them now."

"Not here... I mean..." Tao panics because he isn't informed about this, and he feels cold, he's nervous and he just can't explain any of this. Suddenly everything is blank, as if he never knew Kris before.

"Be my boyfriend, Huang Zitao." Kris asks sternly, loud enough for everyone in the room to hear, loud enough to mask the footsteps of Luhan returning inside.

"What...?" Tao's voice shakes as he looks straight into Kris' eyes. Kris bites his lips before speaking again.

"I don't care if I have to do this in front of your friends, Tao but you leave me no choice." Kris faces the rest of the group, "It's okay for me to date him, right?" He asks, trying to get Tao's friends approval. Nobody answers, most still have their mouths hanging in shock.

"No?" Kris slumps then faces Tao again, "Oh, man. I really really like you Tao. I've been trying to go out with you for months. Am I that repulsive?" He asks with a sly grin on his face. Tao blushes, obviously Kris is acting a little playful with him now.

"You're not. I just... I can't." Tao panics a little but on the inside he kind of wants to punch Kris for doing this to him.

"Why not?" Kris raises an eyebrow, he wants to tease the younger more when someone suddenly speaks from behind him.

"Go out with him, Tao."

Everyone looks at Luhan who has finally walked inside, Tao bites his lower lip and looks at Luhan with eyes scared and worried, "But Luhan-hyung..."

"Is he the one you need approval the most?" Kris asks, before Tao could answer the senior walks over to Luhan, then holds both his hands, "Luhan-hyung, I really, really like your friend and if you'll let me be his boyfriend, I promise I won't hurt him. I'll make him happy."

"Kris-ge, don't!" Tao walks after Kris and shakes the blond's arm so he'd let go of Luhan but the senior doesn't move an inch, "Please Luhan-hyung?"

"Of course..." Tao can hear Luhan's voice breaking, and he knows that whatever bond he and the older Chinese has, it's now clearly broken.

"Thank you!" Kris hugs Luhan then turns to Tao, "I'll pick you up later after your practice. Let's have dinner." The younger just nods, Kris tells everyone goodbye before running out the studio.

"He's still perfect even if he's breaking my heart..." Luhan mutters then cries, no, bawls and Sehun scampers on his feet to catch his bestfriend whose legs went limp.

"He's the one asking you out?!" Kai screams at Tao who flinches at the question, "When?! How!?"

"I don't think this is the right time to know... Luhan-ge, I'm so sorry. I tried to reject him when he started asking me out. I'm so sorry... He just won't stop." The younger bows in front of Luhan, apologizing over and over, "I know how you like Kris-ge, and I really don't want to hurt you... I'm sorry I kept it a secret. I thought if I reject him time and time again, he'll stop... And all of you didn't have to know." Okay, that was a lie. It's not like he really rejected Kris, but it's not like they're actually dating even. But at a time like this, Luhan would only hate him more if he tells him the whole truth of how long he and Kris has been hanging out together alone.

"Do you like him too?" Luhan asks, still crying with Sehun hugging him.

"I... I don't know. Maybe... A little." Tao mumbles, Luhan cries some more and hugs Sehun tighter. "I'd understand if you don't want me around anymore..." The younger tells Luhan, with tears b his eyes.

Luhan looks at Tao, sniffling and wiping his tears at the same time, "... I don't hate you. But..."

"I understand." Tao bows, "I'm really sorry, ge."

Luhan keeps crying, as Tao takes his gym bag and starts walking to the door, "Tao..." Luhan calls out, "We're still friends but... not now."

Tao nods and leaves the room. Kai and Kyungsoo runs after him, "Tao! Wait!"

Tao turns around to find the two running after him. "Oh, you big baby, stop crying." Kyungsoo coos, "Come on, let's talk somewhere else."

Kai pats Tao's back as the three of them make their out of the building. They go to the pavillions outside the place and thankfully, only a few students are there. Kyungsoo hands Tao a handkerchief, "Can you tell us even just a little? That was quite a shock..."

Tao hiccups and starts telling Kyungsoo everything, from the moment they met upto now. It takes a lot to process for Kai and Kyungsoo and it only makes Tao cry a little more. "Please, please don't tell Luhan-ge all the details. He would never forgive me. He would hate me forever..."

"Don't be too hard on yourself Tao." Kai starts, "Kris likes you, and from what you just told us, two months is quite long in wooing someone. I'm sure Luhan-hyung is just a little shocked about everything."

Kyungsoo smiles, "You go and be a good boyfriend to Kris now, okay? We're here for you, we're still friends. You won't feel alone."

"Thank you..." Tao wipes his dried up tears and stands up, "I have to leave. That idiot just asked me out to dinner."

Kyungsoo and Kai laughs and gives the younger a hug. Tao hugs back tighter then runs off to return to his dorm.

To: Kris
Sent: 6:42 PM

You idiot. :) I'm on my way home now. Pick me up later at the dorm.


It only takes an hour later that Kris is knocking on Tao's door. The younger opens and closes the door immediately behind him and they stay in the dimly lit corridor. The shorter of the two hits Kris' chest, "How can you do that?! You idiot." He tells him but a smile is still etched on Tao's face.

"Let's just say I'm a liar and I really can't wait any longer."

Tao's smile goes wider, he knows he's got bigger problems to deal with Luhan now, but Kris is here and he's his boyfriend and he's happy.

"Thank you." Tao whispers, "I wouldn't have been able to actually talk to them any sooner."

"Glad I did what I did, then." Kris smiles and leans closer, "Uh, where's Jonghyun?"

Tao raises an eyebrow, "Inside? He's taking a shower."

"Great."

"Why?"

"So he doesn't disturb us this time." Kris grins and captures Tao's lips with his. Tao's lips are soft and melds perfectly against the blond's. The older feels Tao melt into the kiss as the younger wraps his arm around his neck while he holds him closer by the waist. It's a kiss so innocent and intimate at the same time. It's a kiss they've both been waiting to happen and now that it's happening it couldn't be any less than perfect.

They pull apart when they start losing oxygen and the deep red painted on Tao's cheeks makes Kris smile, "Let's cancel dinner."

"What?"

"Let's order in pizza one more time before we really start going out."

Tao nods, "Okay. But Minho's sleeping over so, we're also sharing dinner with them."

"As long as I can sleep over too."

Tao hits Kris by the arm, "Fine." He smiles and pulls Kris for a chaste kiss again.

 

-------

 

Author's Notes: The timeline finally adds to the 1st chapter of "Of Movie Clichés"  So i hope nobody gets confused now. After this chapter, it's gonna have repeated scenes from the HunHan story. 

 

And i cried today. Literally my hand was shaking when they won. Congrats EXO. you deserve the recognition and the award. More soon!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(gif not mine. heehee. credits to the owner)