Special Day Pt. 1

Your Highness

I opened my eyes that Saturday morning to a healthy dose of blinding sunlight, the rays leaking in through the closed curtains. My head was throbbing to the point where I could hardly sit up, so I just stayed in my bed for a little while, waiting for the pain to go away. As my head spun with a mixture of random thoughts and immense pain, I thought back to yesterday's school day, and remembered Shindong-the-cocky- throwing what was practically a bolder at my head. That stupid pabo…

It wasn't like I had been asking for it or anything. I was just staring off into space. Our school has a perfect view of the Royal Kingdom, and you can see every one of its towers and glass windows from the benches by the field. Even when I didn't go to school there, I would sit there every day and stare into the distance, admiring the stone that covered the entire castle. According to Shindong, I needed to get my head on straight and stop longing so much to step inside that place.

But who wouldn't want to live there? It's like a dream just staring at it! Except that plump- doesn't seem to think it's very beautiful at all.

Obviously, he had his taste for beauty removed at birth.

Plus, the castle wasn't the only gorgeous thing to look at when visiting the area. It was the people who were dazzling.

When I was younger, I never dreamed about beautiful princesses. I always dreamed about the youngest prince.

He's literally the most beautiful thing ever… I thought, turning over in my bed and shaking my head frantically to stop my weird mind from dreaming up an imaginary wedding. My head began to throb even more though, so I stopped and set it down softly. Lee Sungjong… you dream too big.

"Lee Sungjong… thinking about your one-true-love?" I heard a voice say, two feet appearing in my doorway. Sunggyu stared in at me, his eyebrows knitting together in amusement.

"What are you talking about, hyung?

He just smiled and pointed to under my bed. Oh no… he didn't find it, did he? I reached under the mattress for my drawing, and I didn't feel anything. However, I did see him holding it casually in his hand.

"Kim Sunggyu!" I yelled, practically springing out of bed. Trying to grab it from him, I flung my hands all over the place, and he grinned at me, trying not to laugh.

"This has got to be the cutest thing I've ever seen. I love how you address him by his first name. Look at you guys, holding hands…" He exclaimed, pointing to cartoon-Myungsoo and I with our fingers intertwined.

"Come on, hyung… I was ten years old! YAH!"

"No, no wait. It gets better. 'Kim Myungsoo. I promise to be faithful to you and only you'… and look at this detailing! Oh this is just perfect!"

"HYUNGGGGGGGG!" I shrieked just loud enough to startle him and grabbed the paper back, a look of playful defeat spreading on his face. Folding it up, I quickly stuffed it in my pocket. "That was real classy of you, hyung…" I huffed, fixing my hair.

Sunggyu just looked at me and shrugged. "Your boyfriend agrees with me…" he sang to me, pointing to the paper, "and so does Dongwoo."

"You told DONGWOO?" I yelled, shooting daggers at his head with my eyes. Seeing that I was getting angry, he sprinted down the stairs quickly in order to protect his face.

Sighing, I plopped down on my bed and punched my teddy-bear Sunggyu, a gift from my mom when she visited the Royal Shopping District years ago.  "Stupid… PAB O… SUNGGYUUUUU!" I continued to abuse my bear, letting my anger out with an added string of gibberish and swearing until I had calmed down. Taking the picture out of my pocket, I hid it in the back of my desk drawer, just to make sure Sunggyu didn't find it again.

"SUNGJONG-AH! COME GET SOME BREAKFAST!" My mom's voice sounded loudly throughout the house, startling me.

"Okay… Gimme a sec!" I got off my bed and turned to Sunggyu-bear. "You don't think Dongwoo laugh at me… right?" I asked him.

The bear just stared at me, making me frown. "Aishhh… so encouraging. Really…"

As I sprinted down the stairs, I saw Dongwoo sitting at the kitchen table, laughing quietly to himself.

"Dongwoo-hyung?" I said, sitting down next to him nervously.

The moment he looked up at me, he burst out laughing, grinning uncontrollably. "I can't believe… you… oh my god Sungjong…"

"YOU TOO? SERIOUSLY? UGH…" I let my head drop onto the table, hiding my embarrassment. "SUNGGYU… I hate you with a burning passion…" I groaned, shaking my head.

My mom walked over and set some bananas down in front of us, which Dongwoo gladly dug into. "Leave your brother alone. He needs to get a good start to this special day."

I looked at her questioningly, trying to figure out what she meant. "What do you mean…?"

"Your brothers were able to get you into the tour group going to the Royal Palace. Isn't that exciting? You might get to see a court meeting like you've always wanted!"

My eyes widened as I began to panic a bit. "Wh...Wh… WHAT?" A shriek came out of my mouth, "But wasn't that group full?"

She shook her head and laughed, "One of the men going on the tour got sick, so a spot opened up."

"But what do I do? I don't even have an outfit ready, and I have to fix my hair and I just got up-"

"What; do you need to look perfect for your 'special someone'?" Sunggyu mocked, grinning at me from across the room. Dongwoo burst out laughing again, punching my arm jokingly before falling off his chair.

"YAH! IT'S THE ROYAL PALACE! Why wouldn’t I be nervous, geez…" I mumbled, pouting a bit.

Looking at her older sons with a smile, Mom pulled me up from the chair and gestured towards the stairs. "Go get ready, princess," she instructed me with a sarcastic edge to her voice.

I gave her my best fake laugh and began to head up the stairs before I heard a sharp knock on the door.

"Wait! Hold on, Mother. I'll grab it." Sprinting down the stairs, I opened the heavy wooden door and was greeted by a grocery bag being held in front of someone's face.

"Hello? Hoya at your grocery service," a deep voice boomed, making me giggle, "I present you with pineapples and mangos, which are perfect this season, might I add."

Smiling, I gestured for him to come inside. "Come inside, good sir. Thank you for your services, sir," I replied, trying to match his sound.

Hoya walked in and set down the bag, smiling at my mother. "Hello, ma'am, Sunggyu, Sungjong," he said, greeting us with a bow. Then he turned to Dongwoo and half-bowed awkwardly, his cheeks flushing just a bit. "Hey, Dongwoo-ah."

Dongwoo, who had been staring at Hoya intently ever since he came in, practically fell out of his seat when he was greeted, but he managed to stand up and bow. "H-h-h-hi Hoya…" he replied, keeping his head down low.

Hoya smiled and bent over again to us all, now grinning like an idiot from seeing Dongwoo. "Let me know if you need anything else, ma'am." He said politely.

My mom smiled and returned the gesture. "Thank you for always bringing us food, Hoya. I know it must be a hassle for you. Make sure to thank your mother for giving us the free fruit."

"It's okay… It's not a hassle. I like bringing food over," he answered, glancing over at Dongwoo and giving him a half smile, "I'll make sure to tell my mom."

As soon as Hoya was out the door, I immediately sat down in front of Dongwoo, who looked like a ghostly clown with pink cheeks. Staring off into a space, a smile was plastered on his face, and it continued to grow by the second.

"Sunggyu-hyung… I don't think I'm the one you need to be making fun of right now. What about this hyung right here?"

Looking over at us, Sunggyu smiled and shook his head. "Nope, I think that your situation is a bit more adorable than that. You can't go wrong with the dedicated fan dreaming about his faraway star. It's so cliché and wonderfully fluffy."

It took all the restraint I had not to plant a fist on my brother's face, but luckily, my mom looked at me and smirked. "Go and get ready, okay? I think you've been antagonized enough for now."

Standing up, I sighed and thanked my mom for breakfast before running up the stairs to get ready.

Faraway star?

He's not gonna be so far away today, now is he?

I'll be near you today,

Kim Myungsoo...

Your Highness.

 

----

 

akjslierjjfsjkdf okay guys. 

I AM SO SORRY

I REALLY AM

i will be posting more now i promise promise promise.

school is starting really soon, but i will try to write more when i have free time.

love you all, and i hope you enjoy the chapter!

second part will be up soon.