Chapter four: That Day

Arranged With The Opposite

MYUNGSOO POV

The next morning I woke up and rubbed my eyes. Man...was that a dream or was it real? I thought as I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom.

 

f i v e   m i n u t e s   l a t e r

 

I came out all refreshed and clean, the last part was my tie.

As I walk to school, I see Infinite walking my way. They waved at me and signaled to come here. So I did.

“What’s up?” I started as I approached them.

“Follow us, we have an urgent thing to do.” Sunggyu said and dragged me inside the school building.

“Yah, I can walk myself you know.” I said, they knew what I was saying but they didn’t let me go.

“We can’t let you go right now L...” Woohyun replies and I was creeped out by that.

“What the hell are you talking about?!” I shouted as they pushed me in an empty room...or so I thought it was. They shut the down and blocked the window then out up a sign that probably said ‘Do not disturb.’

“Myungsoo?” A female voice spoke from behind me. I turn around and see Soomi.

“S-Soomi?” I stuttered as I back up to the door, I was kind of glad that she was here.

“What are you doing here?” Soomi asked but I didn’t know.

“I don’t know, what are you doing here?” I turned the question around and furrowed my eyebrows.

“Well your Infinite friends told me to wait here.” She said and I knew what they were doing. Sungyeol must of told them that we didn’t get along, THAT STUPI--

“Myungsoo?” Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts, I turn around and bang my head to the wall.

“How did you get here?” She continued and I thought about it a moment.

“Infinite...they probably wanted us to...be friends?” I questioned then a mic came on and someone was talking.

“Give me the mic dude! NO, STOP! YAH STOP IT! IT’S ON! Ohh...okay, Hi L! How are yo-- Okay let’s cut to the chase. Sungyeol here told us that you and Soomi were arranged to be married.” I froze as they told Soomi through a MICROPHONE! I look at Soomi who was looking down at her feet, God kill me now.

“So we trapped you guys in here so you can know each other better. Also, Sungyeol hyung told us that you guys weren’t getting along!

“YAH, LEE SUNGYE--” “We aren’t done yet L... We won’t let you out until you guys don’t hate each other...” Sunggyu added and the mic was cut off.

“Hi...” I started and Soomi turns towards me and smiles.

“Hi Myungsoo...I really didn’t mean that I hated you I just...I just...” Soomi trails off and drops down onto a desk seat and sits down.

“I didn’t like how you were treating me...” She whispered and I felt a little guilty about that.

“Well...since you know me now...don’t I seem...a bit nicer?”

3RD POV

“Well...I don’t really know you that well, maybe we should actually get to know each other more here, for the time being.” Soomi suggested with a cheeky smile, Myungsoo agreed and they both say down in a desk facing each other.

“So what’s your...favorite food?” Soomi asked as they sat down, seeing Myungsoo not replying Soomi went on, “Why don’t we write it down on the whiteboard? Come on.” She holds out her hand and Myungsoo took it. Soomi wrote down Kimchi Stew and she looks over at Myungsoo’s side to see what he wrote. Kimchi Stew.

“You like Kimchi Stew too?!” Soomi over exaggerated but still with twinkles in her eye. Myungsoo slowly nods his head and gives Soomi a smirk.

“Okay, we can get some someday. Next question umm...” “How about favorite song?” Myungsoo suggested as he saw Soomi didn’t know what to ask.

“Sure, what type? Like happy, sad, upbeat--” “Let’s try sad first.” Myungs cuts in Soomi’s questions but Soomi nods. Soomi thinks about it first then it came to her. Rain Sound. Myungsoo finished writing and looked over at Soomis, this time it was different. He wrote down his own bands song, Still I Miss You.

“Still I miss you? Ohh is that from your band?” Soomi asked as Myungsoo nod and took a look at her side. His eyes seem to be disappointed as he sees her answer.

“Why do you like that song?” Myungsoo asked as he erases his answer. Soomi doesn’t hesitate to answer.

“Junhong's singing and rap broke my heart, he said that he was thinking of me when they were recording this song. He said that he never wanted to lose me...” Soomi explained with a sweet smile, she looks at Myungsoo who was rolling his eyes.

“How about you? Why do you like your song so much?” Soomi snapped back as it was her turn to roll her eyes.

“Why don’t you listen to it and then you tell me.” Myungsoo said as he reached in his pocket to get his phone and headphones. He hands the left one to Soomi and puts on the right one. The scrolls down to find the song and finally found it.

“Enjoy.” Myungsoo commented as he clicked play.

Nunmuri naojil anha gwaenchanhajin jul algo

Oraenmane i georie naseon geon silsuyeonna bwa

Annyeong chagapdeon neoui

Annyeong geu moksoriga.

Soomi smiles when she hears Myungsoo’s high but powerful voice.

Nal seuchyeoganeun baram sogen yeojeonhae

Neoneun eodijjeume isseulkka eotteoke jinaelkka

Naui geuriumi danneun gosen isseulkka

Eojjeomyeon neodo eojjeomyeon

Nawa gateun baraemdeullo geuriwohalkka

Naneun niga eobseo himdeureo modeunge eoryeowo

Sumswineun sungan mada ni saenggagi goerophyeo

Aesseodo aesseodo

Doesarananeun neoui heunjeoge nan duryeowo

Uri cheoeum soneul japdeon eosaekhan geu nalcheoreom

Honja jinaen naui haruharudo ajigeun eosaekhae

Annyeong chagapdeon neoui

Annyeong geu moksoriga

Yeojeonhi maemdoneun i georireul geotneunda

Neoneun eodijjeume isseulkka eotteoke jinaelkka

Naui geuriumi danneun gosen isseulkka

Eojjeomyeon neodo eojjeomyeon

Nawa gateun baraemdeullo geuriwohalkka

Naneun niga eobseo himdeureo modeunge eoryeowo

Sumswineun sungan mada ni saenggagi goerophyeo

Aesseodo aesseodo

Doesarananeun neoui heunjeoge nan duryeowo

Deodin huhoe heotdoen baraem

Geuraedo nae mameun dasi neol doechatgo sipeo

Bogo sipeotdago mianhaesseotdago

Seotulleotdeon naega manhi huhoe hago itdago

Neoege neoege

Yonggillaeeo malhago sipeunde neon eodie

Eodie neon eodie

Naui geuriumi danneun gose neo isseulkka

“How was it?” Myungsoo asked as he pulled back his headphones and put aside his phone.

“It was great! Okay, now let’s do favorite color!” Soomi shouted and went to the board. Baby Blue. Soomi thought about when Zelo answered their question right.

“Baby Blue?” Myungsoo questioned with a slight chuckle at the end.

“What’s wrong with that?!” Soomi hissed and looked at Myungsoo’s answer, Black... Soomi rolled her eyes and Myungsoo tightens his fist as he saw.

“What’s wrong with black hmm?” Myungsoo snapped back and crossed his arms. Soomi lets out a sigh and opens to say something but Myungsoo asks the next question.

“How about birthdays?” Myungsoo asked and started to write when Soomis mouth was opening to speak but she just took the marker and started to write as well.

“March 13 huh?” Soomi started and covered up her answer.

“You’re my...” “Oppa...keke” Soomi finished Myungsoo’s sentence and smiled as she uncovered her side.

“Ah... December 16... coming soon.” Myungsoo whispered to himself as he erased his answer.

 

This went on til the end of school, after this day Myungsoo and Soomi knew each other pretty well. They knew everything about each other, well everything they asked about.

 

n e x t   d a y

 

“Hey Babe, where were you yesterday? You weren’t in class.” Zelo said as he back hugged Soomi, Soomi smiles as she turns around to face Zelo.

“Mianhe, something came up.” Soomi lied and faked a smile as they walked up the stairs to go to their first period.

“Soomi...don’t you remember? Today is a short day for Juniors, we go to second first.” Zelo said as he pulls Soomi back down.

“Ohh yeah hehe...” Soomi trailed off as she started to go the other but Zelo pulled her back.

“Hey...what’s wrong?” Zelo asked looking deep in Soomi’s eyes, making her look away.

“Nothing...wae?” Soomi questioned furrowing her eyebrows.

“Well one thing, your class is that way,” Zelo pointed the other direction Soomi was going, “and second, I know when my girlfriend is sad.” Zelo finished while lifting Soomi’s chin with his index finger. He leans in next to her ear, “You didn’t forget our anniversary today, did you?” Zelo whispered seductively making Soomi blush.

“How can I forget.” Soomi said as Zelo leans against a window and pulls Soomi close to him.

On the other side of the hallway Myungsoo watches them as he gets books out of his locker.

“Tck...” Myungsoo mumbles as he slams his locker door and starts heading their way. Myungsoo grabs Soomi’s hand from Zelo’s,

“Let’s go to second.” Myungsoo said as he pulls Soomi away from the confused Zelo. Soomi follows Myungsoo, who’s still dragging Soomi. Soomi turns around to see Zelo with an angry face on then Daehyun walks up to him. Myungsoo pulls Soomi into the other hallway to go to Math together.

“Junhong, isn’t that your girlfriend Soomi?” Daehyun asked Zelo as the other two left their sight.

“Yeah...” Zelo said, grining his teeth while clenching his fists in anger.

“With that Infinite member, Kim Myungsoo?” Daehyun questioned again while looking as Zelo.

“Yes, hyung.” Zelo said irritatingly toward Daehyun who shrugged it off.

“They are very close now huh?” Daehyun stated making Zelo angrier from each of his questions,  

“What if the guy tells Soomi about...” Daehyun trails off as he knew Zelo knew what he was talking about.

 

“He wouldn’t dare...”