Chapter one: The Meeting

Arranged With The Opposite

SOOMI POV

I walk into the living room and there I see umma and appa standing with two other grown ups. I wave my hand as I bow to my parents then to the other two.

“Soomi! Come here, I would like you to meet the Kim’s.” Umma said and I walk forward to shake their hands and greet them.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Park Soomi imnida.” I said while bowing 90 degrees, they both smile at me.

“Annyeong, you may call me Mrs. Kim.” “And you can call me Mr. Kim.” They said after each other, I smile and nod.

“So, Soomi, you must be wondering why they are here hmm?” Appa spoke up and my eyes widen with curiosity.

“Well, we all decided to make an arranged marriage with their son and our daughter.” Umma said and I fall silent, frozen in my spot, the arranged marriage is happening? I thought but still I paid attention.

“We talked about it and thought that you might want to meet him...would you like to?” They both finished off and I look at the Kim’s who were smiling willingly.

“I-I’d be delighted t-to...”  I struggled to get out and I give a mere smile afterwards.

“Great, we’ll leave you kids alone then--” “Wait...you mean he’s...here?!” I interrupted them as they were leaving the house.

“Ye, he’s over there.” Appa plainly said and pointed over to the couch. I snap my head to the direction and see a guy laid back on the couch. I made a face but soon faked a smile when I turned back to them.

“Have fun you guys, we’ll be back later to pick up Myungsoo.” Mr. Kim said with that they all left me alone...with him.

“Uh-- Annyeonghaseyo Soomi--” “I know your name... I’m L.” He cuts in and I got a little irritated but still I keep my cool.

“Oh, but didn’t your mom say--” “Don’t listen to my mom, the name’s L.” He interrupted me again but still I fake a smile and nod. I don’t really like, L. I would rather call him Myungsoo I thought.

“Arraso, so what do yo--” “Nothing...” He interrupted me for the last time and I tighten my fist.

“Well--” “Soomi, that’s just too long for me to say, I’ll call you...Mimi, ara?” He said and I nod my head and he gives me a smirk.

“Why don’t we get to know each other, L?” I ask politely and he sits up for once.

“Fine, what do you want to know?” He asked me coldly but still I smile at him.

“Well, what do you like to do?” I asked and he seems like he didn’t know what to say so I continue, “Like I like to play volleyball--” “I thought you asked me...” He cuts in and glares at me, I slowly nod.

“But you seemed like you didn’t know what to say, so I thought I would say something abou--” “I’m in a band...” He interrupted and I smile at him, “What band?” I said and sat down on a chair in front of him.

“Infinite.” he murmured and I nod, Zelo’s in a band too, B.A.P-- I can’t think of Zelo right now, I need to get to know this jer-- My chain of thought got interrupted by the vibration in my back pocket.

Hey baby, what is a fine girl like you doing right about now?

I smiled as I read the text message from Zelo. I looked at Myungsoo who was also playing with his phone. So I take the advantage to text him back.

Hi Zelo, I’m sorry I can’t talk right now I have a guess over.

I texted back and waited for his response but then Myungsoo snatched my phone away.

“Ooh, what kind of phone is this?” He said and started to randomly press buttons on the screen. I reach over and tried to grab it back but Myungsoo pushed me away.

“Looky here, you got a new message on your lame Iphone!” He shouted as he clicked on Zelo’s name.

“Ani! Give it back!” I shouted and he stops, he looked shocked. I snatch my phone back and checked the message.

Well if you can’t talk, then text me! ^ ^ I miss you darling,  do you miss me? O.o

I read and the hugest smile creeps up my face, I look at Myungsoo who was staring at me. I quickly turned around and texted Zelo back.

Zelo, when I say I can’t talk that means I can’t communicate anyone. PS I miss you very much. I’m sorry I’ll make it up to you, I promise!

With that I turn back to Myungsoo and hide my phone in my bag.

“Who were you texting? You’re suppose to be hanging with me!” He said a little bit jealous I think.

“Mianhe, it’s my--it’s a friend.” I quickly covered up that Zelo was my secret boyfriend. No one knew about it, well no one in my family knew about it.

“Well whatever, what do you want to do now?” He asked me and the slightest smile showed up on his face, so I smile too.

“I’m tired of talking, I want to sleep...so leave me alone.” He said and my smile disappeared. I stood up and walked to my bag and grabbed my phone. There were 3 new messages, all from Zelo.

I smile uncontrollably, I look at Myungsoo and he was laying down on the sofa with his eyes closed. I walked in to the kitchen and read the text messages.

Arraso, I miss you MORE!

Ohh I’m sorry, you’re probably gone by now.

I love you Park Soomi <3

The last one got me, I drop down on the floor having a spaz attack. I get back up and calmed myself down, I reply back to him.

I miss you MOST and it’s okay the guess is now taking a rest. I love you too Choi Junhong :)

I smile when I sent the message, I loved him dearly but this guy...Kim Myungsoo. He’s something. But he is pretty handsome but he is so rude!

Zelo on the other hand, he’s the one for me. He’s so cute and handsome at the same time, he’s so childish but it’s just even more cute.

I can’t handle it anymore, I liked him for so long and now we’re dating! I can’t let that change, I want him!

I knew about the arranged marriage but I didn’t think it would be so soon. I mean I’m still in high school, well almost out of high school. My phone vibrates in my hands as I was thinking.

Haha, thats good. Hehe I love it how you text me I love you’s.

It said and I just die...I take a selca with a kissy face and sent it to him. I think more about the past, I knew Zelo since elementary school. We are just friends back then....

 

FLASHBACK STARTS

“Oppa, can I borrow your red crayon?” I asked politely as I held out my hand.

“Of course Soomi! You can borrow anything from me.” Junhong replied and he gives me the whole crayon box.

“Ohh, thank you Junhong Oppa!” I said and went back to my spot in the classroom.

FLASHBACK ENDS

Zelo sends me a selca too.

Aww it was adorable, as always.

That’s so cute Zelo!

I texted him and went back to thinking. Now it was in middle school and we were closer than ever....

 

FLASHBACK STARTS

“Oppa!” I yelled out and Junhong turns around and gives me a big hug.

“Soomi! I’ve missed you, we should really hang out on the weekends.” He replies and releases me onto the ground.

“Haha yeah...so....” I trailed off and looked at the ground, my foot was playing around with the dirt.

“So...” “I have something to tell you!” We both said in unison, we both laugh with our actions.

“You go fir--” The bell interrupted Junhong from continuing, that was the day I was going to confess to him.

FLASHBACK ENDS

My phone vibrated and it was Zelo, of course.

Yours was better! I will keep it forever. :D

I laugh and texted him back.

Haha thank you, what are you doing right now?

He sends me a picture after a minute passed.

I laugh out loud when I saw the picture.

Zelo! Why are you doing that! BTW, I love your pink hair.

I think some more and thought about when we actually got together, your freshman year.

FLASHBACK STARTS

“Hey Junhong!” I shouted and saw him with the other B.A.P members. Then all of a sudden my best friends pop out of nowhere and they stand next to his friends.

“Umm what’s going on?” I said in unison with Junhong and we both laugh, I look up at him because he has gotten so much taller than me.

“Well you want to tell them?” “I’ll do it you big babies, so Soomi, Junhong. Everyone knows you guys like each other,” I froze in my spot and I look at Junhong with curious eyes and he does the same. We both awkwardly laugh at each other, “We also know that you can’t do it yourselves so we are going to do it for you!” One of Junhong’s friends said and they pulled Junhong away from me and my girls pulled me away too. They dragged us to a room with a single table in the middle, with romantic music playing, and the table was covered with rose petals. I turn around and my friends gave me a hwaiting sign and smiled at me. They sat us down in a chair not facing each other but back to back, I sat down and so did Junhong.

“Umm--” “Okay, so we are going to ask you guys some specific question about each other okay?” We both nod in agreement and they started to throw the questions at us.

“Junhong, what’s Soomi’s favorite color?”

“Baby Blue.” He was correct.

“Soomi, what is Junhong’s fav. color?”

“Grey, Green, and Red.” I was correct too.

“Junhong, what does Soomi LOVE to do?”

“Dance, and sing.” He was beyond correct.

“Soomi, what does Junhong love to do hmm?”

“He loves to skateboard, he loves to rap, he loves to dance. He also loves to shut down. Hehe” I was also correct. I heard Junhong laugh at the last part.

“Junhong, what is Soomi’s favorite movie?”

“Titanic.” He got that right.

“Soomi, what is Junhong’s totes fav. movie?”

“2012.” I watched it with him and I knew I was right.

"Junhong, when’s Soomi’s birthday?"

"December 16." He nailed that.

"Soomi, when is Junhong’s birthday?"

"August 8." I knew I got that too because Junhong sighed in relief.

“Soomi, what do you like about Junhong?” I feel Junhong’s head turn to try and see me but he couldn’t.

“I like... the different hair color he has, I like his cute face, I like how he’s taller than me by a lot now, and I really like how he’s always there for me...” I shut my eyes in embarrassment when I heard him laugh.

“Junhong, what do you like about Soomi?”

“I like... her perfect English, I like her pretty smile, I like how she calls me oppa, and I like how we can be crazy together...I can tell her anything, she’s a very good listener.” I feel my cheeks getting hotter and hotter and now it’s harder to breathe.

“Junhong, do you like Soomi...more than best friends?”

“...shut down.” Zelo said and one of his friends smack him on the head. “...Ye, I...do...” He continued and my eyes widen, I gasp.

“Now Soomi, do you like Junhong...more than best friends?”

“...I-I,” I couldn’t get the words out of my mouth. I feel Junhong’s head fall down in shame, “I DO!” I shouted out and my head went down in embarrassment.

“I do...” I whispered again. I then felt Junhong’s head come back up and I chuckle.

“Now that you guys know you like each other--” “Don’t you want to ask Soomi something Junhong?” One of Junhong’s friends interrupted my friend. But all of his friends gave him a look and Junhong takes a deep breath.

“Park Soomi,” He rises from his chair and turns around toward me, “I...really like...you, and I would like for you...to be...my girl-friend.” He said and my hand shoots up to cover my mouth from shock. I froze in my spot and look at my friends who were jumping up and down squealing.

“Hehe...um what do you say Soomi...would you be my girlfriend?” Junhong takes my hand and looks deep in my eyes, with his curious yet worried eyes.

“...--”

FLASHBACK ENDS

“PARK SOOMI!” I heard someone yell at me like it was the fifth time they were calling my name.

“O-Oh, Neh?” I snapped out of the flashback and back to the reality of Myungsoo.

“Would you snap out of your imaginations, our parents are coming home. Get up and act like we’re meant for each other!” He hissed but I obeyed him, I really don’t like him...

“Well you don’t need to act, you probably already fallen in love with me. Every girl has, well girls like you.” He said as he puts his arm around my neck and that was the last straw, I’ve had enough of his put downs.

“I hate you...” I murmured as I took his arm off me but he heard me and I glare at him.

“Bwoh, I dare you to say that again.” He said in a cold voice and I stand up and walk towards him.

“I...hate...you...Kim Myungsoo...”