That Afternoon

The Unknown

" Hey, Minah, wanna have some?"  Kris flashes a bright smile while reaching out his hand, holding a package of gummy bears. Who can't deny gummy bears? or rather..gummy bears from Kris? I reach in with finger tips and pinched a couple of gummy bears. I looked at how adorably tiny they are and how their colors blaze under the light. I playfully squeeze the gummy bears before eating them since they look so squishy. Afterwards, I eat their heads specifically before eating the whole thing. I don't know If I'm just playing or I'm just violent. Suddenly I felt a slight touch on my right cheek. Kris' finger poked me lightly and playfully. I look at him with a confused face while chewing down the head of a red gummy bear. He continued on with his playful poking while he was chewing a couple of gummy bears. I looked at him with furrowed brows and a pout. He squishes my face and stretches both of my cheeks to forcefully make me smile. I start to laugh and in turn, he laughs with me. I keep remembering because I want toeven though it'll just hurt me. I'm such a mascochist aren't I?

 

I continued walking down the corridor coming from the women's comfort room with a heavy head. I went inside the classroom, only half of my classmates were left. Most of them, packing their bags. I take my eyes around the room while going to my seat and I spot Sehun. He is stacking his notebooks in an orderly manner before putting them into his back pack. There's just something nostalgic when I see him. Though I don't know why that is. And then,

 

" Minah, let's go, I want to eat those pastries already." Hyeri says as she walks infront of me all ready- holding her beige faux leather wallet on her left hand. I went back to my senses and affixed myself to my table. Goodthing Hyeri didn't notice that I've been looking at Sehun.  She's probably too excited to go to Doux Etoiles.

" Alright alright, let me fix my stuff first." I say while I shoved all of my notebooks in my bag without a care even if they're all folded up in my bag.

" Myungsoo, Let's Gooo." Hyeri says with a sad but endearing tone. She's really desperate to try those pastries immediately.

" I'm ready now." Myungsoo says with a cheery tone and walks up behind me. Pfft, I bet he's freaking going crazy in his mind - hearing Hyeri call him.

"What The Hell, Minah, you're bag is a like a pig's pen.. oh, right, you are a pig." Myungsoo looks at my half-closed bag while laughing.

" Yeah yeah, It's not like I'm the one who's going red over here." I shot a smirk at Myungsoo.

" YOU.. " Myungsoo shoots a deadly glare at me and started destroying my hair.

" YA! Myungsoo, I just fixed that." I say while I pushed Myungsoo's hand away. I began to fix my hair, then..

" Sehuun, Let's go , Let's go." Hyeri says while holding onto the flyer. Oh right, Sehun's coming with us... SEHUN IS COMING WITH US. I totally forgot. I hurriedly fixed my hair before Sehun finishes packing his things. I don't want him to see me looking like crap do I? Wait.. Why am I so concious about my looks when he's here?

 

Sehun is finally done packing his things and wore his dark navy blue gingnam back pack. I looked up at my bangs - thinking that they're already fixed properly. Sehun stands up quietly and shifted his position towards us while his hands are holding onto the straps of his back pack. Without him saying anything, we knew that he's all ready to go. I got my  red leather quilted wallet from the front pocket of my back pack put on my back pack hurriedly thinking that I wouldn't want him to just look at me, waiting for me to finish fixing my bag.

 

" Okay guys,let's go" I say with a hint of embarassment since Sehun was just beside me.

We walk towards the door. Sehun was just behind me. Oh,God, Why are you doing this to me? My mind was clouded with emotions. I didn't even know If i was embarassed or just scared to look like an idiot. And then I heard his soft voice say my name.

" Minah.." I heard Sehun's faint voice from my back. I stopped for a fraction of a second then continued walking. I knew my face might go all red if I looked at him. He just said my name.. and I'm already this flustered. 

Yes?" I asked with a cracked up voice as I walked forward. Crap, my voice. This is just embarassing.

Euh, the front pocket of your bag is opened. " Sehun says.

" Ohh." I said. Damn, I forgot to close the front pocket. I stopped walking but as I was about to turn around and slip my bag forward.

" It's okay, I'll get it. " Sehun says as he zips my back pack's front pocket to a close. I just stood their quietly as he zipped up the front pocket of my backpack. I looked at him as he takes of his hand from my bag.

" Okay, It's zipped up already." He said with a calm voice. He looked at me though I couldn't see his eyes properly. The very thought of him looking at me sent my stomach into a tumble. I immediately turned my head forward so that he couldn't see my flushed face

" Thank you " I said with a faint voice but loud enough for him to hear me.

" Mmm.." He said discreetly.

I continued walking forward, catching up with Myungsoo and Hyeri as they both look at the flyer together. I could hear and feel Sehun's footsteps behind me. Just his presence already gives me goosebumps all over my arms. 

" Minah, help me pick, I don't know what to buy because everything looks so good but I only have 5000 won." Hyeri slows down to talk to me. Thank you Hyeri for bothering me. No seriously, Thank you.

" Hmm..buy a box of 4 pieces of macaroons. You get to pick the flavors too. It only costs 4500 won." I said as I analyzed the flyer.

As me and Hyeri were looking at the flyer together, I noticed Myungsoo slowed down and started talking to Sehun. I could hear them talking behind me but I couldn't make out what they were discussing about. Me and Hyeri talked about T.O.P and G-dragon. T.O.P captured my heart ever since he debuted. His hot deep voice was which captured me. Hyeri insists that G-dragon is much more charming than T.O.P. 

"I'm hotter than T.O.P and G-dragon without a doubt." Myungsoo butts in. It sends Hyeri into a laugh and Myungsoo laughs aswell.

" Yeah, In your world, Population : You " I say while laughing hystertically. I look at Sehun if he's laughing but it seems he isn't. I thought that he was kind of out of place so I asked him a question.

" Sehun, if you were to pick, T.O.P or G-dragon... or Myungsoo?"  I asked while I was laughing. I was quite embarassed but I couldn't stand to let him feel out of place.

" Hmm... I'd pick Myungsoo since I have no chance on T.O.P or G-dragon since they're idols and all." Sehun says with a straight face. I look at him with my eyes widening. It's like he took my question as a serious one. I was only kidding around. He didn't even think about the gender. Everyone was suddenly quiet and looked at him. And then, this awfully funny sound came out from Myungsoo.

" Did you see his face!?" Myungsoo laughs loud like a hyena while patting Sehun's back. Hyeri and I started laughing as well because of Myungsoo's hyena- like laugh. I looked at Sehun and for a second there, I saw him smile.

" You looked so serious!" Myungsoo says as he wipes away his tears from laughing with his sleeve.

Sehun was scratching his head and started laughing softly. His hair was still all over his face though but I can see his warm smile.

" But seriously, if you want to date, just ask me and I'll say yes. " Myungsoo gives a wink to Sehun and laughs afterwards. Me and Hyeri kept laughing until our stomach curdled and our abs started to hurt.

Four of us walked to Doux Etoiles laughing like a bunch crazies. It was mostly Myungsoo's fault since he's the one with that awfully weird laugh that sends us three into non-stop laughing craze. Sehun's laugh was discreet but you can see his smile and his left hand over his stomach. We talked about how weird our Physics teacher looked like, how awful each person's laugh was excluding Sehun because his laugh was soft. Basically, we talked about topics that will make us laugh and make our stomachs hurt. Sehun never opened a new topic but he'll always reply or give a side comment that'll send us laughing as well. I'm glad that he's able to open up to us a bit or open up to me aswell. And then,

" Wait a minute. " Hyeri says while sniffing the air. After a second, I smelled the same aroma that night. The smell of bread.

" We're here!" Hyeri shrieks as she runs to Doux Etoiles.

Myungsoo follows along, walking briskly and goes into the Doux Etoiles aswell.  I opened the glass door and my eyes search for Hyeri and Myungsoo. Hyeri seems to be crouching down, looking at the macaroons enclosed in a curved glass case while drooling over them. Myungsoo on the other hand, is standing beside Hyeri which makes it look like he's also buying macaroons. Yeah, sure Myungsoo, you just want to be beside her. I walk in slowly, admiring the colorful aray of pastries the aroma of the bakery. My eyes scan the bakery, and there, there he is. Even if I just look at his back, I instantly know that it's him. Kris. His posture, his grace is still there from the first time I met him. The whole world caved in and I couldn't hear anyone properly. My eyes only focused on him. My eyes dilated like it hasn't seen light for a long time. Then I hear a faint sound calling my name. The world opened up again.

" Hey Minah Noona, long time no see." Luhan greets as he walks up to me. My mind went back to it's original state once again.

 I used to go to Kris' games then Kris introduced me some of his soccer friends. One of them was Luhan. He looks like a kid but has a built of a man. He's not that tall but taller than the average girl. He's very friendly yet sometimes childish. We've been greeting  eachother ever since that day. We casually talk if we see eachother or chat in me2day. 

" Noona, looks like you lost weight, went on a diet?" Luhan asks as he scans me from top to bottom with widened eyes while his mouth was slightly opened.

" Yeah, I went on a diet." I said. I felt like my body was being violated but I guess it's pretty normal to look at someone like that  who just lost weight.

" Hey Luhan, did you get to pick something ye-t? A voice suddenly comes from the background. Kris. His sentenced was disrupted as his eyes landed on mine.

" Nah, I'm good. Not hungry." Luhan says back to Kris.

" Oh.. alright." Kris says as he looks at me. He looked at me with fazed eyes. It's like he couldn't recognize me completely but he knows it's me- probably because I lost some weight. He turns his back slowly while his eyes locked on mine and goes toward to the counter. What the hell was that? My heart was pumping at a fast speed.

Why was he looking at me like that? I want to know, I want to know why - The unknown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay Guys, I haven't been updating for like months! I'm sorry! I'm very busy with school stuff. I'm now back for good. :)! So what do you think about this chapter? I appreciate if you'd comment!