Questions

The Unknown

The sunglight gleaming at me with its luminous warm light. I see the soccer field - smelling the light scent of the grass all around me. I see Kris running towards me, wearing his same old number 14 soccer shirt. His light ash brown hair, sticking up in random places and wet from his sweat. Wearing his yellow Neon soccer shoes - his favorite pair. In his left hand, a plastic bag swings forward and back- following the rythm of his body. As he gets closer, he gets something from the plastic bag. Milk Tea. He hands it to me, flashing the most beautiful smile I've seen. His hazel brown eyes shimmering with sparks - looking at me with much anticipation.

I wake up with my head feeling heavy. I couldn't sleep last night because of Hyeri kept ranting about her parents on the phone while I was eating my Friand- Thanks to Sehun. I slipped out of bed wearing bright pink pajamas with childish prints. Blame my mother, she still thinks I'm a 10 year old. I walk into my bathroom and CRAP, the floor tiles are so freakin' cold. My feet freezes for a second and I run into my shower. I quickly took of my clothes, opened the hot water and soaked myself. After a good 15 minutes in the shower, I dryed myself up, combed my hair and wore my uniform. I splashed a bit of my signature perfume on the nape of my neck and my wrists. I dashed a bit of BB cream on my face and blended it with soft circular motions. No one actually notices I have BB cream because they say my bare skin already looks like I have BB cream over it. I got my Skin food's lip and cheek tint and swiped it in the inner corners of my lip - making it look like I drank Fanta. I went to get some money from my mother's wallet - saying I can get money anytime If I need it since she trusts me. I grab my school bag, I go down stairs and I see my mother watching TV.

" Where's Dad?" I asked
" Oh, he had to go to work early- he has a meeting" My mom replied with her eyes still focusing on the TV.

I sit down on my usual spot - placing my bag on the seat beside me and began eating what was on the table. Scramled eggs mixed with onion leeks,, bacon and garlic rice. As usual. After I was finish eating, I brought my plate to the sink and grabbed my bag.

" Bye Mom, gotta go" I bid goodbye.
" Okay dear, Take care" She smiles.

I walked out of my house while the cold wind wraps around me. I bring out my earphones - listening to Here's to Never growing up By Avril Lavigne. I crossed a couple of blocks before I reached the station. The station, same as always, dull looking and filled with people. As I step in, the wind no longer cuddles me to its chilling yet endearing embrace. Once again,  the same thing happens - people pushing me towards the train but this time there weren't any vacant seats. I kept looking at the floor the whole time since I wouldn't want to look at the people's faces around me - they might think of me as someone retarded. The train stops and I go out of train. I walked out the station and I can feel the morning breeze once again. I walk to school - hoping that I would see Hyeri on the way and greet me loudly, but she was nowhere to be found. I walk to school on my own and immediately went to my classroom.
" Morning Minah." My classmates greeted.
" Morning guys." I say with a smile.
" MORNING BITC*" A voice from the back of the classroom. Myungsoo...obviously.
" MORNING YOU " I counter back at him, looking at him with my eyes squinted.
" Minah! Morning!" Hyeri adds as I placed my bag at the side of my chair.
" Hyeri, I was looking for you this morning"
" Oh, I wanted to go out of my house as quickly as possible because of my parents who keep nagging at me" She says with a pout as she seats next to me. Sehun's seat. Sehun is not here yet so I didn't bother saying anything.
Myungsoo goes back to his seat and brings out a piece of paper from his bag.

" I got this flyer yesterday as I was going back home from soccer practice." Myungsoo interrupts.
The flyer contained pictures of pastries and sweets... Doux Etoiles. Hyeri widens here eyes - wanting to try all of those confectionaries.
" Let's go there later after school. " Myungsoo says with delight.
Suddenly someone stands inbetween us - his body affixed towards Hyeri. Sehun.
We were sitting there, in silence for five seconds which felt like an hour.
"Oh, sorry." Hyeri being slow minded and all - as usual.
She stands up and stands beside my chair. Sehun places his bag on the table and sits there like we didn't even exist. Again, he's looking outside the window.
" Anyway, so, you guys want to go later?" Myungsoo asks again.
" I'd love to. " as Hyeri stares at the flyer almost drooling over it.
" I actually have been there yesterday. Their pastries look really amazing and taste great too." I say
I was wondering if I should tell them that Sehun payed for my Friand. Maybe I should... or maybe I shouldn't. If I don't tell them, It would be kind of awkward since Sehun was just within earshot. So:
" Yeah, and I saw Sehun there yesterday. He bought me my Friand since my money wasn't enough"
" HA! You really are stupid, you went there and didn't even have enough...What?" Myungsoo looks at Sehun and looks back at me. Hyeri still processing what I said.
I look at Sehun. He's doesn't respond. I expected that. This is awkward...
And then:
" Hey Sehun, want to come with us later to Doux Etoiles" Myungsoo says, having a hard time saying Doux Etoiles. I was stunned. I didn't know what to say. I looked at Sehun. He seems to have heard what Myungsoo asked. He turns his head towards us. I looked at him - waiting for his reply.
" Come on Sehun, since this stupid Bitc*h owes you, might as well she pays you back by buying you some sweets" Myungsoo suggest - shooting me a glance.
" YOU! Who do you think you are?" I demand while I destroy Myungsoo's perfectly arranged hair. Myungsoo, in return squashes my cheeks with one hand, making me look like a fish.
" Alright then." He says. I looked at him and for a second there, I saw him smile.
I stopped fiddling with Myungsoo's hair and he stops vandalizing my red face - being squashed. We both look at him. And then:
" Soo goood" Hyeri murmurs to herself.
She wasn't even paying attention to what was happening. She kept holding the flyer and stared at it like a maniac.
" Okay. It's settled. Four of us will go later" Myungsoo announces.
" Huh? Four? Who's the other one?" Hyeri asks, titlting her head.
" euuh... Sehun" Myungsoo stutters and shifts his body to the opposite direction. He just can't stand Hyeri's cuteness - I can tell.

" Oooh, Sehuh. Oh okay" Hyeri says and affixes herself back to the flyer. Her reaction was like it's not unusual that Sehun is coming with us. She's too busy staring at the sweets. I look at Sehun, flipping the pages of his Chemistry book, trying to make out what he is thinking at the moment- again I get nothing.

Class starts. Everyone goes back to their seats - Hyeri still looking at the flyer.  She's so addicted to anything reeks of sweetness. I look at Sehun from time to time but it seems that his eyes are glued to board or his table - notebooks and pens. I try to focus my attention to teacher but when I do, I wonder what Sehun might be doing and I look at him once again. Why am I so bothered about Sehun, even though he's not doing anything? Next class was Physical education. We all went to our designated locker rooms and wore our gym clothes. The sleeve of my shirt was quite big so I rolled up my sleeves. I wore my white Ked's rubber shoes - newly bought last week. We all went out to the open field - just beyond the canteen area. The teacher looked like he just came out from a tournament. He was wearing knee highscocks with old school rubber shoes and a sport jacket with white linings that stream up from the shoulder down the wrists. He held up his whistle and *Riiiiiiing*. I hate that sound.
He orders everyone to line up. From the back of the line, I can see Sehun's chocolate brown hair blazing under the sun. The sun touching his pale white skin makes it glow like snow that fell out from the dark gray skies. The heat balances out the cold gushing wind - that's why I love the days between spring and summer. I look at my right and my left - observing the school grounds, the school building and there I see him. Kris - walking in the corridor, two floors up. Memories flash through my head. My heart throbbed - not because I remeber these happy moments but rather, It reminds me that these happy moments have already ended. I look for Kris again but he was gone. During Physical Education, I couldn't concentrate properly. We were told to run laps - testing our cardiovascular retention. I ran around two laps but I kept thinking about the past. The times I spent with Kris. Thinking that I shouldn't run anymore since I might trip due to all of theses flashbacks,, I sat on a bench, at the edge of the field. I look at my classmates running laps and my eyes instantly find Sehun. He's still slouching, with his eyes looking at the ground. He seems to be used to running for a long time since he doesn't look out of breath unlike the others. And then someone sits beside me.
" Hey, What's the matter?" Someone asks. I look to my right and It's Hyeri - tying her shoelaces.
" Nothing much... Well, I just saw Kris." Trying to hold back what I said.
" Kris again. You know he has a girlfriend." Hyeri still fiddling with her shoelaces.
" Yeah I know It's just that-"
" I know, you miss him, you love him, you STILL love him even after 5 years, he's not like anyother guy." She cuts me off, summarizing what I was gunna say.
" But seriously, you guys never even had a relationships and you're still holding unto him.... AND he's one year younger."  Hyeri emphasizing the last sentence.
" But, I don't know, It's hard to move on. Where and when can I find a guy like him in a lifetime?" I ask with much conviction.
" I bet that there is a guy a thousand times better than him. He's not all that you know. - he's not as perfect as you think." Hyeri's eyes wandering off to the open field.
*RIINGG*  That annoying sound again. and then someone is shouting:
" YOU TWO OVER THERE! GET BACK HERE AND DO AN ADDITIONAL TEN LAPS" Ohh.. It's the P.E. teacher.
Hyeri and I squeek a laugh and run to the field.  Oh God. I hate running. While I was running my laps, I kept thinking about Kris, how we were and how we are. I kept thinking if it was possible to go back, to have what we had back then. I don't know why I kept wishing for these things but in the back of my head I know that things will never be the same again. I wonder why I kept holding onto something that will never ever happen, like wishing for a  fairytale to come true. I want to know if he still cares for me. I want to know if he secretly loves me. I want to know if I exist in his world. I want to know all of these things yet I'm afraid...afraid to know what I don't know - the unknown.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Chapter 3

Sorry It took me quite a while. I had to study for a useless exam. Anyways, I think in this chapter, nothing much is happening but yeah. This chapter sets the story in motion.  Thank you so much for your support guys! C: I really do appreciate it.