Friands And Petit Fours

The Unknown

      I never had a boyfriend but I've always wanted one. The feeling of someone holding you in their arms. The sweet touch of his lips on yours with a burning sensation which keeps you going. Endless nights of thoughts about him until the very thought of him cuddles you to sleep. Drowning in this moment where you feel it will last for enternity. I wanted to share all of these feelings, moments, with Kris. I was too late... I couldn't even remember the reason why it was. All i know is that... I'm too damn late.

       The bell rings and I'm suddenly brought back to my senses. My mind always drifts away when it's the first day of school because the teacher would only talk about things such as school regulations, new rooms, students and other miscellaneous crap I've already known. School just ended so I thought that me and Hyeri would go to our usual hang-out place after school. I hurriedly grabbed my pencils, pens, neon green highlighter and an eraser with my name on it that I used last year which hasn't been completely used up and threw them into my pencil case. The eraser slipped pass the opening of my pencil case and glided onto the floor. Crap. I crouched down to get my eraser. As I was about to grab my year-old eraser, a hand appears and grabs it with effortless grace. I look up to see who that person is and it's Sehun. His hair still all over his face which makes it hard to see his eyes or even his whole face. I can smell the light hint of shampoo and sweat from his chocolate brown hair. The whiff of his scent sends goose bumps all over my body.


" Euhm, your eraser fell" He said with a low voice while holding unto my eraser
" Oh thanks" I said with a slight smile- grabbing it with my thumb and index finger.

The slight touch of his palm with my two fingers sends waves through my body once again. I can easily tell that he had soft tender hands even if we touched for only a fraction of a second. As I've expected, he's still slouching and he walks pass me. I watch him steadily until I can see him no more.
" Minah! I'm thirsty let's go buy signature hot chocolate from CafeBene" Hyeri says.
" Oh god, I'm also craving for something sweet." I said with much longing.
" Hot chocolate , sounds good to me" Myungsoo breaks in.
" Who told you you're coming ?" I said with a sarcastic tone.
" Who asked you to tell me what to do?" Myungsoo said with a grin.
" Whatever. It's not like I'm not used to it"
"Yeah Deal with it." He says while laughing.
" He's always welcome anyway," Hyeri says with her bright smile.

Myungsoo suddenly turns unto the opposition direction and puts his forearm over his face. I can tell he's blushing from what Hyeri said. I laugh merodramatically and I smack his back with great force.
"Ouchh.. The fu** was that for Bitc*?" He says as he rubs his back.
" Ofcourse Ofcourse. You're always welcome to come" I say it exaggeratedly with my right eyebrow raised.
" The Fu**, you just said that I-" Myungsoo suddenly cuts his sentence.
He got my message; that I know how he feels about Hyeri. He suddenly glares at me.
" Don't you dare say any word or I'll kill you" He whispers with a hard tone.
" Don't worry I'll keep my mouth shut"
" Oh you Fuc****ng better" He says as he furrows his eyebrows.
We both look at Hyeri looking at us with much curiousity. She tilts her head and shifts it back up.
" You two sure always fight about random things" She says.
" Yes. Random indeed" I say giggling.


      Myungsoo smacks me on my the right forhead and looks at me with piercing eyes. I zipped my mouth using my fingers telling him in secrecy that I'd keep quiet about his feelings for Hyeri. I put the eraser in my pencil case and shoved it into my bag. The three of us walked to Cafebene, crossing roads and talking about our new teachers, the latest fashion-where Myungsoo gets irritated and changes the topic to the new Samsung SIV instead. We finally reach Cafebene and head to the cashier. Hyeri ordered her usual order- Signature Hot chocolate which Myungsoo also ordered and I chose White Chocolate mousse that tastes like white christmas cookies topped with cream cheese frosting. We sat on the brown leather vacant seats and talked about random things that come into our minds. After an hour of blabbering about our lives, desires, wishes and dilemmas, we agreed that it was time for us to go home since Myungsoo had to go attend his soccer practice. The three of us say our goodbyes and walked into opposite directions. I check my overly huge screen Galaxy note 2 with a white fluffy foxtail charm for messages. Minah, can you buy two dozen eggs before you go home? Thanks. My mom texted. Goodthing I haven't reached the station. I thought to myself.

        I retraced back my steps halfway and took a right. I walked slowly, observing how people are, how the lights of the stores brightens the pavements and illuminates the metallic luster of the cars. I see the mini grocery store where I usually go when my mother asks me to buy some of her ingredients. Nothing has changed except they added a bit more lighting infront of the store. I walk in, grab a basket and find my way to the dairy section. I randomly select two packs of eggs since she didn't say a certain brand of eggs. All eggs taste the same anyway. I placed them in the basket and hurriedly walked to the cashier. I handed the girl with an awfully bad taste of color palette for her make up some cash. She packed the eggs securely in a brown paper bag and gave me my change. I walked out the grocery store and an endearing scent swiftly passes through my nose. The smell of bread. I follow the scent where it originates from and beyond the parking lot at the left of the grocery store, a new bakery shop has just recently opened. Doux Etoiles- I see from afar. The scent of the bread lifts me and pulls me in. The shop had a mellow orange incandescent glow. The bakery gave off this home feel aura that makes me glide into it. I opened the glass door and I see all sorts of pastries, confectionaries lined up in a neat and orderly manner on glass shelves, each wrapped carefully with plastic. My eyes widen as I see macaroons of different colors placed together on a cute dainty tray. Eclairs, Petit four, Pain au chocolat... I can eat all of these everyday. I walk up to the shelves filled with colorful pastries which makes my mouth open slightly- imagining how delicious it tastes like. I delicately get a Friand ( a small french cake) with my bare hands and examined it with fascination. The friand perfectly crafted, drizzled with thinly sliced almonds coated with the perfect amount of caramel, dashed with a pinch of sugar. I wanted to unwrap it and smell the rich, moist and fragrant smell of it. On the corner right of  my field of vision, a hand reaches out and grabs Petit four ( sponge cake) . I looked who it was and there he is.. the third time again today. Sehun. I look at him with curious eyes and he turns his head toward me. I didn't know if he was looking at me because of his hair. It would be really awkward and quite a bit rude if I didn't acknowledge him so:


" Hi" I say carefully with a closed smile.
"Hello" He says while holding unto his Petit four.
I didn't know If i was going to initiate a converstation with him. My brain was in scrambles. I never liked awkward situations. I'm the type of person who you'll never going to be awkward with but this... I didn't know exactly what to do. And then:
" Minah, right?" He asks
I was surprised. I think he knows that the situation was becoming awkward.
" Yup. I'm Bang Minah and you're.. Sehun right? " I ask with formality.
"Mhmm.. Oh Sehun" He says softly.
Seeing that he's trying to make a conversation, I too just went along since he's going to be my seatmate for one whole semester.
" I just saw this bakery today. Everything looks so good" 
... And I await for a reply for four chilling seconds. My phone rings. Thank god. I grabbed my phone from my cardigan's loose pocket and answered the call.
" Minah, get here already, I still have to cook dinner you know." My mother demands.
" Alright alright, I'm coming" I say.
I hung up and put it back in its respective place. 
" Euh, I gotta go. My mom is calling for me" 
" Oh. Alright." 
" Alright then, See you tomorrow" I say.
I walk pass to him. I expected he wouldn't say good bye or something since he's that type of person or so i thought.
" ...See you tomorrow " I hear faintly from his lips as I pass by him.


I stopped for a second and looked at him, but he was already busy looking at the pastries on the shevles. So, I walk to the cashier and carefully handed the skillfully crafted Friand to be wrapped in a periwinkle wrapper with white dots. I rummaged my wallet for my money. I counted my money and SHI*. I lacked 2000 Won. It would be really awkward If I tell the cashier I don't have enough money and that I can't buy it. A prescence suddenly hovers behind me. 


" I'll pay for it" A familiar voice says. 
... Sehun?! I turned around and there he is. He's body build towers over me and I just look at him with fazed eyes. From this position - about 15 inches apart, I can slightly see his eyes. And there, his eyes locked on mine. I immediately shift my position back to the cashier.  The thought of him looking at me sends shivers down my spine. His eyes were different now. Rather it whispered I'm here. I didn't believe it. I thought that I was just imagining so I shoved it off my head.
" Oh, Okay then" The woman handling the cashier with mint green nails said.
I kept quiet the whole time. I watched how the woman wrapped my Friand along with his selected pastries and put them in a single light blue paper bag with lace designs on the rim.
" Thank you very much for coming" The woman says brightly.
Sehun walks towards me and opens the light blue paper bag. He hands me my Friand. I unconciously just got my Friand from his white pale hands. I noticed that his finger nails were trimmed neatly- unlikely for a guy. I just froze there looking blankly at my Friand. He turns back and walks towards the exit- out he goes. After a few seconds, my mind wakes up and I ran for the exit. I stepped outside and I looked for Sehun. He was about a couple meters away from me.
" Sehun! " I shout discreetly.
He turns his back, still hunched. I walk towards him but kept a few inches of distance from him.
" Thank you so much. I'll surely pay you back tomorrow" I said with a bow.
" No. It's okay. You don't need to pay me back" He easily says.
"But, it's your money. I-" 
 He cuts me off " I insist" He says calmly  - I knew I shouldn't argue anymore.
" Ah' I'm really grateful. Thank you very much" Again, I say with a bow. And then, my phone rings. I grabbed it from my pocket and clicked the answer button.
" MINAH! Where are you? Your father is already hungry" My mother shouts through the phone.
" Wait, wait, I'm coming" I say.
" Make it fast" My mother hangs up and I put back the phone in my pocket.
I look up to look for Sehun and he's already meters away. I look at him once again with curious eyes. Why is he like that? hunched, hair all over his face and giving off a gloomy aura. And another question adds up. Why did he help me?
These questions kept running through my mind as I walk back home. Why am I so curious about some guy? It's weird how I get shivers down my body when he's around. It's not like he's some hotshot. I wonder why... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- End of Chapter 2

Alright. That's chapter 2. Reading other fics, it seems that this would considered a really slow development. Please do bear with me.

Tell me what you think :)? Is the development to slow or is it just right?