Chapter 28

Can't Hold Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 28

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

<< Kai's P.O.V >> 

 

​         "Why have you been keeping this secret from everyone this whole time?" Doctor Yoo asked. He folded his hands on top of his desk and his head leaned closer to me. Now we were off topic. He wasn't even being a doctor at the moment, he was just trying to get some juicy gossip out of me. I leaned a little back, against the chair.

 

 

​        "It's more of a personal manner..."​ I started to say. 

 

 

​        "What's so bad that you have to keep secrets from people? Eventually they will be exposed."

 

 

​       "Don't everyone keep secrets?" 

 

 

​       "True... but once someone finds out, it would only make that person get hurt. Especially if they didn't find out from you, but somewhere else." Doctor Yoo leaned back on his own chair and began making notes on his clipboard. I couldn't help but think about what he said. This secret, this lie.... was it worth keeping it to myself? I gulped.

 

 

​       After the check up, I closed Doctor Yoo's door behind me as I left. Jiyeon hasn't come back with the coke at all, making me feel worried. I went up to the lady at the front desk.

 

 

​       "Have you seen the girl who came with me to Doctor Yoo's office?"

 

 

​       "That pretty girl with the white tank and green shorts?" I nodded.

 

 

​       She bent down for a second. When she got up, there was a bottle of coke in her hand. "That girl told me to give it to you when you left. She says she had something urgent to do if you were wondering."

 

 

​       "Did she say where she was going?"

 

 

​       "Nope. Sorry. She told me to tell you not to contact her and to not worry." I nodded and thanked her as she went back to doing her work. As I got out of the building, I sat at the bench, waiting for the bus. I took the book I was reading earlier out of my bag and opened to the page I was up to. Honestly, I wasn't actually reading the book. It was actually Jiyeon's favorite book back when we were together. She gave me her book as a birthday present. On the page I left open, she personally highlighted her favorite line of the book: "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." 

 

 

​      After continuously reading that line over and over again for the past few years, it became my favorite line too. I'm not so much of a book reader, but it became something I memorized. Something Jiyeon and I can do again. Love. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter