Safe by Your Side

Safe by Your Side

 

"What do we have here?" Tao mischievously smirk. With that smile, Tao undeniable looked like a bad boy. Baekhyun cracked his fingers, also smiling. "It has been quite sometimes since I beat anyone up apart from my hapkido classes. Now this s going to be very interesting"

 

'Hyung...." Sehun is worried. Is Tao and Baekhyun being serious? Are they really going to fight the thugs? Sehun counted. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. Tao and Baekhyun are outnumbered by 2:7. Even though Sehun knew they both excelled in martial arts, he can't help but to felt worried.

 

"Sehun! You stay back! We gonna gave some fun!" Chuckled Baekhyun.

 

Before Sehun could replied, Baekhyun and Tao dashed towards the thugs. Tao elegantly jumped over one if the men in the black suits and landed behind him. Tao then elbowed the man at the waist area, rendering the man paralyzed. Baekhyun also had downed a man. The two then back to back each other as they were surrounded by the rest of the men in black suit.

 

“Hek Tao, you can still fight without your precious sword?” teased Baekhyun. Tao chuckled, “Don’t be silly hyung. The fighting style is the same”. Baekhyun smirked, “Shall we continue?” The both dashed to the front and took each of their target by surprised.

 

“Man these people ” murmured Baekhyun.

 

Sehun only watched from far. Too frightened to move. He wished he could join his seniors but he knew he would only burden them. Sehun turned to look at the blond boy. He can see the boy slowly try to slip away during the mayhem.

 

“Sehun look out!!!!!”

 

“Eh?” Sehun turned, one of the men ran towards Sehun. Before Sehun could reacted, the man grabbed Sehun and held him knifepoint. “Sehun!!” both Tao and Baekhyun stopped fighting and watch in horror as the man placed the knife closer to Sehun’s chin.

 

“One more movement it’s the end of your friend”

 

Tao and Baekhyun clenched their teeth. You cowardly bastard! Was the only thing they could think.

 

“Don’t you dare hurt him”

 

Tao and Baekhyun turned. It’s the blond-haired boy. He slowly walked towards Sehun and the man.. “Is it me you wanted, don't you dare hurt others”.

 

The man became agitated. “Stop! Don’t come any closer!”

 

The boy stopped his steps. Then without warning, he dashed towards Sehun and the man. The boy raised his hand, and as if they were an invisible energy, the man was thrown away, leaving Sehun still intact, still standing where he is, unmoved.

 

The rest of the men become panicked, and Tao, Baekhyun and Sehun noticed that. The boy turned to them, with a low, but sharp voice, he threaten, ‘Get the hell out of here”

 

Then again as if they were another invisible energy, all the men were thrown few meters away, while Tao and Baekhyun were not affected by it. The boy suddenly collapsed. Sehun grabbed the boy.

 

Tao and Baekhyun took the opportunity to run away. They help Sehun carried the boy and rushed to get taxi to return to the hotel they were staying.

 


 

 

“Is your friend ok?”

 

The boys looked at the hotel management as their entered the lobby. “He’s overheated” Tao calmly lied. “You see his outfit?” Tao pointed out to the boy dark blue and yellow sweater with hood. “We had warn him that his choice of outfit is a no-no for today, but he refused to listen”. Tao let out a sigh.

 

The hotel management nodded, apparently bought Tao’s lies. “Is there anything you need? I can call for medical help”

 

“No we will be fine” replied Baekhyun. They then rushed to the elevator and proceed to their room. They then laid the boy on Sehun’s bed. “Wuuoh! Ok now, whose idea to bring him here?” questioned Baekhyun. Tao and Sehun looked at each other. “Errrr no one?” replied Sehun.

 

“Honestly what happened back then?” wondered Tao. Sehun stared sharply at Tao. “All I know is you two just poked into somebody else business”.

Baekhyun sniggered “Just admit you were also curious back then”.

“But I won’t go interfere!” retorted Sehun. He looked at the boy, sleeping soundly. “You see those men? With all those suits, I don’t think they are just normal thugs” Sehun then touched below his chin. He can feel a mark left by the tip of the knife. “They held me knifepoint!”

 

“Yea, yea I admit we maybe overdo a bit” Baekhyun tried to calm Sehun down. "A bit?!!" bellowed Sehun. Tao picked up his cell phone. “Should we let Suho know our situation?”

 

“Oh hell no!” snapped Baekhyun. “The last thing I want to go through is to hear him lecturing how much we had possibly jeopardized the band’s future”

 

Tao placed his cell phone on the table. “Ok” Tao sat on the sofa and crossed his legs. “Now what should we do?”. Baekhyun turned to looked at the boy, still sleeping. “Well we have no choice but to wait till he wakes up”. Tao frowned. “And how long would you expect that”. Baekhyun shrugged.

 

Sehun become frustrated. “Ah hyungs seriously!” Sehun opened the balcony door. “I’m going to try to find some inspiration for our new songs. That’s what Suho hyung wanted us to do anyway”. Sehun then disappeared into the balcony.

 

Tao and Baekhyun glanced to each other. They then left the room, continuing their Busan adventure.

 


 

 

That night the boys slept soundly. In the big room with two king-sized bed, Tao is sharing bed with Baekhyun. As for Sehun, he originally shared with Suho but because Suho decided to stay at an acquaintance’s place, that was so happened nearby to the recording company, Sehun had been having privileges sleeping alone on the king-sized bed. But for tonight, he is sharing with the mysterious boy.

 

BAAAAM!!!

 

Tao and Baekhyun awaken by the noise. They found Sehun on the floor, writhing in pain.

 

“Sehun! What on earth are you doing down there!?” remarked Baekhyun. Tao tapped on Baekhyun’s shoulder and pointed on the opposite bed. The boy had awaken.

 

“ I don’t know!” snapped Sehun. “All I know I was kicked out from the bed!!”

 

The boy, looked a bit dazed before he realized what had happened. “Oh I’m sorry. It’s just I never like anyone else on my bed”. Sehun stood up and got himself closed to the boy, staring angrily, “Well, this is my bed to begin with!”. The boy backed off. “I’m so sorry, I really didn’t realized that, I…..”. The boy suddenly paused. He studied his surroundings. Then reality hit him. “Where am I?”

 

Baekhyun left his bed and sat in front of the boy. “For starter you’re in our hotel room. You can say we just saved you from those nasty men in black suits. Now before you thank us, you owe us an explanation”

The boy looked at Baekhyun, bewildered. “What do you want to know?”

“Everything” interrupted Tao. “Your name, why those men wanted you, what have you done, and what just happened this evening”

 

The boy turned to Sehun. He noticed only Sehun was not as enthusiastic as the other two. He looked more annoyed. The boy then turned to look at Baekhyun and Tao. “My name is Luhan” he begin. “I am actually from China. I was studying at Yonsei University when those men in the black suits start to pursue me. I had been on the run then”

 

Somehow this time the boy’s story caught Sehun’s attention. “Yonsei University huh? So you’re older than us”, Sehun studied the boy’s face; he doesn’t appeared that old, in fact he appeared younger than them, especially the boyish features he had. “Why would they wanted you anyway?”

 

Luhan shook his head. “I did nothing, and I don’t think I’m older than any of you guys, it’s just…I skipped few grades”. The boys stared at Luhan. Ok we are dealing with a genius here they thought. “My fault I guess…" The boy they looked at his right hand. "...is the power I have”

 

Sehun raised his eyebrow. “What power?”

 

The boy turned to Sehun, then looked down. “I’ll show you. Look at the vase there?” Luhan pointed to the flower vase at the makeup table in front of their bed. “Watch this”

 

The boys focused on the vase. Sehun raised his hand. At the same moment the vase begin to move, following Luhan’s hand movement. The vase then raised in the air. Luhan then clenched his hand out of sudden, and the vase smashed into pieces with all the pieces flying around.

 

The boys watched Luhan with mixed feelings; both amazement and fear. They truly unsure whom, or what are they dealing now. Luhan’s expression remained unchanged.

 


 

 

“Ok I admitted! We are really screwed” howled Baekhyun as he sipped his drink. Baekhyun and Tao decided to have a drink at the hotel 24-hours lawn. “Then why didn’t you just let the boy go when he wanted to?” question Tao as he also begin to sip his drink.

 

Baekhyun slumped on the chair. “Well I had to admit, he needs help. And didn’t you see how Sehun looked at him?”. Tao stopped sipping. “Huh?”. Baekhyun leaned forward. “You know we barely know anything about Sehun. But I can tell you he is feeling sorry to that boy, what’s his name again? Luhan? Yea, I can’t help but to feel Sehun is up to something”

 

Tao sipped his drink again. “I heard Sehun had a harsh childhood. I’m not sure what it was, family, friends, or his attitudes. So it’s no surprise if he’s feeling sympathy to that boy”

 


 

 

Sehun passed a drink to Luhan. He then sat on the sofa. There were moment of awkward silent as both boys sipped their drinks.

Sehun eventually broke the silent. “How long you had been on the run?”

 

Luhan stopped sipping. “Almost a year by now”. Sehun stopped drinking abruptly. “That long?!”. Luhan gave a small sighed. “Yea”. He then played with his hair “And I’ve been changing my appearances, I remember my hair used to be brown, yellow, orange, and I sometimes put some makeup to make myself looks like an ulzzang. I honestly had forgotten how I originally looked like”.

 

Luhan begin to giggle. Sehun doesn’t think it’s a laughing matter. Luhan stopped giggling as he noticed Sehun was feeling uneasy. Luhan cleared his throat. “So, Sehun right?” Sehun nodded. “Aren’t you joining your hyungs?”. Sehun’s expression changed. He sipped his drink again. “Not in the mood”. After all the mayhem caused by his two (irresponsible) hyungs, he don’t feel like joining them in their discussion to get out from this trouble.

 

“Sorry Sehun”. Luhan suddenly broke the silent. “I might be wrong. But…”. Sehun waited. “But I can’t help but to notice. You also had been through a hard time”.

Sehun stopped drinking and stared sharply at Luhan. “What? Now are you telling me you’re Telepathic also?”.

Luhan shook his head. “I think it’s written all over your face”. Sehun felt annoyed. “Why would you bother?”. Luhan is taken aback. “Yes you’re right. I’m sorry”

 

Suddenly Tao and Baekhyun entered the room. “Tao and I had decided. You can stayed with us while we are still in Busan. We still looking forward to beat up more people!”

 

Sehun facepalmed. Luhan appeared gratitude, but concerned at the same time. “Are you sure it’s ok? I don’t want to trouble you guys”. Baekhyun chuckled. “Until Suho comes back, don’t you worry. We will just have fun ok? And besides, I think you had inspired us a song”

 

Luhan become embarrassed. “Uh did I?”. Baekhyun replied with a wink. Sehun felt disgusted and continue to drink. Tao giggled.

 


 

 

Later as the boys wanted to sleep, Luhan noticed Sehun took his pillow and blanket and walked towards the biggest and comfy sofa in the room.

Where are you going Sehun?”

 

“I remembered you mentioned something of not liking anyone sharing bed with you. So I’m taking the sofa tonight”

 

Luhan felt guilty. It’s ok we can share. Or you can have the bed, I’ll take the sofa. This is your bed anyway”. Sehun brushed Luhan off. “Just go to sleep. You’ve been through a lot today”. Sehun placed his turned his blanket and body against Luhan’s view. Luhan slowly slipped into his blanket.

“Thank you Sehun…” whispered Luhan. He then closed his eyes.

 


 

 

Yangnyeon Hejang [Marianed crabs in in gochujang sauce (Korean chilli pepper condiment)] looked nice” remarked Baekhyun. Sehun agreed. “If only we can take them home, I’m sure my mum can make out delicious dishes out of it”. Tao and Luhan only watch. They both totally unfamiliar with it.

 

The boys continued to stroll around  Jagalchi Market. Luhan could not stop smiling. “I’ve never had to chance to see other parts of Korea apart of Seoul. This is a nice experience for me”.

 

“Same here” remarked Tao. “I’ve often been to big cities around Korean, not really into markets like this”

 

Baekhyun suddenly joined the two Chinese boys, “Shall we go to Seomyeon tonight? Maybe we should stop at Shinsegae Department Store there! I could brag a bit when we return to Seoul!”

 

Sehun shook his head. Sometimes Sehun thinks Baekhyun is younger than he was. Sehun noticed dried squid stall and proceed to buy two sticks of dried squids. “Luhan” Sehun called out. Luhan turned. Sehun passed him a stick of the dried squid.

 

“Hey!” scowled Baekhyun. “You didn’t buy any for us!”

 

Sehun ignored Baekhyun as he begin to bite his dried squid. “Go get one yourself hyung” murmured Sehun nonchalantly.  Baekhyun made some faces. “Is it me or Sehun is getting rude lately?” complained Baekhyun as he headed to the dried squid stall with Tao. Tao can only smile as he tried to comfort Baekhyun.

 

Sehun walked alongside Luhan as Luhan looked around. “I still wish you tell me the truth”. Luhan turned, with puzzled expression on his face. Still biting his dried squid Sehun continued, “You’ve been in the run long before you studied at Yonsei University. Or…had you actually studied there?”

 

Luhan become silent. “How did you know?” he murmured as he took away the dried squid from his mouth.

“It’s all written in your face” replied Sehun nonchalantly as he continu biting his dried squid. Luhan gave a small laughed to Sehun’s answer. “Yes you’re right there Sehun….except, I do studied at Yonsei before I start to run again…”

 

Sehun finally looked at Luhan. Luhan continued, “I was eight when I discovered I can move or destroy things by just thinking of it. It was fun originally. Until…..that one summer. When I accidentally used it in the public. You can say I did caused a disaster”

 

Sehun’s cold expression changed to solemn. “So your family shunned you I supposed?”

 

“Ahaha no…” Luhan chuckled. “But I did lost some friends. They thinks I’m a freak”. “Typical” interrupted Sehun. “Ah well….but that’s not the worse one”, Luhan’s tone changed. “This is when those men. The men in the black suit start to pursue me”

 

“Ever since then?” Sehun is disbelief. Luhan nodded. “They did so many things. I remembered one time I was out with my dad when they attacked my dad to take me away. I think that’s the first time I used my power against them. after that incident they did leave me alone for awhile”.

 

Luhan had a flashback where he and his father were surrounded by the men in the black suits. His father tried hard to fend them off but was easily overwhelm by them. Things then start to turn violent as they begin to beat him non-stop. Luhan was cowering in fear when he eventually breakdown, causing a massive telekinetic wave, blasting away all the men. Luhan doesn't remembered much after that as he believed that was the first time he ever fainted from overuse his telekinesis.

 

“It was quite sometimes before they starting to pursue me again. They must somehow must had found out that I could not overuse my power. Because I did well in school, my parents decided to send me to Yonsei, away from China. They also hoped that if I’m in prestigious place, those people would not dare to come, coz they need to move around unnoticed. But I guess that’s not the case…When they attacked my classmate, I knew I could not stay. They would do anything to get me”

 

Sehun stopped as a drinking stall next to them and bought two cups of orange juice. He passed one to Luhan. “If not because I’ve seen myself your power and the men in black suits, I will find your story is very hard to believe”

 

“Hahahaha right?” laughed Luhan. He then proceed to drink his orange juice. “Honestly I had to thank you and your friends for the stay. And I think I should …”

 

“Think about that later!” Sehun cut off Luhan. “For now just enjoyed Busan”

 

Baekhyun suddenly jumped on the two of them, nearly tripping all three of them. Sehun was annoyed buy Baekhyun ignored him.  “Heyyy you two cuties~! How dare you walked away from us? Now, shall we headed to Seomyeon?”

 


 

 

The boys strolling around leisurely at Seomyeon Avenue Street of Youth. Tao is rather exited to find many goods at good prices. Baekhyun helped him to bargain.

 

Sehun browsing some goods too. “Aren’t you interested of anything Luhan?”

 

“Not sure if I’m in shopping mood honestly….”

 

Sehun continued browsing. “Well don’t mind me then”. Luhan nodded. Suddenly Sehun called out Luhan. “Honestly Luhan’ Sehun waving a blond wig. “When I first time meet you, I think you’re too pretty to be a boy”. Luhan’s face become red with embarrassment. “That’s most likely because of my makeup..”.

 

“Well then” Sehun waved the wig again. “If you really want to run away effectively, you should get yourself this wig!”

 

Luhan shook his head and laughed off. He then begin to look around.Honestly ever since they arrived Seomyeon, Luhan’s heart felt heavy. He could not help but to feel that they’re being watch, something heis not surprised if it is true.

 

Sehun noticed Luhan’s anxiety. “Luhan…are you…!”

 

Something caught Sehun’s eyes. The men in the black suits!

 

Sehun put down the wig and left the stall. He proceeded to Luhan and grabbed his arm. “We need to get out from here!” whispered Sehun. Luhan become pale. “They’re here?”.

 

Sehun and Luhan accelerated their steps. They can sensed the men were getting closer. Their steps become faster, and eventually they begin to run.

 

“THERE THEY ARE!!!”

 

Sehun and Luhan can hear the men yelling. Sehun grabbed Luhan’s hand and lead him further into the crowd. Sehun, although this is his first time in Busan, he understand Korean city structure, usually anywhere is almost the same, and he hope this one is no exception.

After few turns of each alleys and confident that they had lost the men, Sehun and Luhan took a refuge to one of the abandoned shops. sehun and Luhan were breathing heavily when they heard some footsteps. Sehun placed his arm on Luhan's chest, making him back himself to the wall while Sehun leaned forward to have a peek.

Sehun can hear some of the men conversation, mostly on Centum City. Sehun took another peek and can see some black shoes and he instantly back himself to the wall as well. "Sehun" whispered Luhan. "What?". Sehun still focusing on the outside. "Listen, you don't have to trouble yourself. I can handle this alone. I've been through this many times"

 

"But it hurts am I right?"

"Huh?"

 

"It's hurt. To gone through all these things alone". Sehun turned to Luhan. "Honestly what I've been through is not like yours. But I understand that feelings".

Sehun had a quick flashback; he was a little boy, crying alone in the middle of a field.

Although you feel better that no one is drag along into this madness, deep down you still longed for companionship, someone who gone through what you had, someone who is completely understand what you've been through".

Another quick flashback; an image of a kite on the ground near to is feet.

"Well I hadn't any. So I resolve to myself, I will never let anyone went through what I went. Never!"

 

"Se....Sehun...." Luhan had lost his words.

 

"THEY ARE HERE!!!"

 

Curses! Sehun grabbed Luhan and they escaped the abandoned shop. As they headed to the one of the alleys near to the main road, they didn't realised they entered the path of a speeding lorry. The lorry let out multiple honking. Sehun was took by surprised and was unable to move out of shock. Luhan released himself from Sehun's grip and dashed forward with his two hands raised.

 

KABOOOOOOOOOM!!

 

Sehun eyes wide opened. In a split second the lorry was blown into pieces, with all the debris flown over the opposite of them.

 

Luhan panted heavily before he slowly collapsed. Sehun immediately grabbed him and piggy backed him away from the scene. He can feel the men are still persuading them but because the people had start to gather, the crowd had preventing them to move easily. Sehun gathered all his strength and dashed away.

 

Sehun took a rest behind several busy stalls at a busy alley. He slapped Luhan's face multiple times. "Luhan! Luhan!". No response. Sehun clenched his teeth. No. This was not supposed to happen. Sehun's cell phone rang.

"Sehun!" Baekhyun's voice can be heard. "Where on earth are you and Luhan now?!"

Sehun looked at unconscious Luhan. "Hyung. We meet up at the hotel"

 


 

 

"So you say he blew the whole lorry?"

 

Sehun nodded weakly. Sehun sat next to Luhan, who is still remained unconscious. "It's my fault" murmured Sehun. Tao sat next to Sehun. "Sehun" Tao spoke with a gentle voice. Sehun was a bit surprised. Although Tao often spoke in gentle manner, but he had never been this gentle, at least not to the bandmates. "Sehun, there's no need for you to blame yourself. You had done all your best. In fact I think you gave more than you should had". Sehun looked down, unsure what to say. Baekhyun cleared his throat. "Listen Sehun, is there anything you wanted to tell us?".

 

Sehun silent for a moment before eventually shook his head. He still remain quiet. Baekhyun got himself up, "Anyway, Suho said he will be coming back later. Maybe we can sort things up with him". Baekhyun and Tao then left the room as Sehun watched Luhan asleep.

 


 

 

Luhan opened his eyes and stared blankly to the ceiling. It was pitch dark, apart some light from the balcony. Luhan turned to his right side. Sehun was sleeping soundly on the sofa. He the right, the bed is empty. Baekhyun and Tao must had gone out again. Luhan slowly creep from the bed, grabbed his bag and left the room. At the door, Luhan gave one last look, thanking Sehun and others for their hospitality before heading off.

Somewhere in the street nearby the hotel, Luhan covered his head with hood and was about to make a step when he heard familiar voice, "Where are you going?". Luhan turned his back. It's Sehun.

 

It was revealed Sehun realized Luhan was leaving the room and had been following him since. Luhan looked down "I supposed you had eyewitness the terror of my power". Sehun shook his head. "I don't see it as terror, I see it as gift". Luhan smiled. "It's a relieved to hear that".

"Luhan" Sehun approached Luhan. "About that night. I was....I was...a bit defensive....I haven't apologise for my attitude that night. I'm sorry". Luhan chuckled. "You were actually happy weren't you? When I noticed it?". "Yes".

ehun eyes become a bit watery. "Most people must have noticed it, but they mostly keep it to themselves. Nobody actually really ask me directly". Sehun then recalled something. "Suho hyung....he did asked. One time. It was no surprised honestly. That hyung...but to have someone outside my circle of friends to noticed my sorrow, and showed concern. Now that's something"

 

Luhan approached Sehun and touched his cheek, wiping away the tears. Sehun wiped his own tears. "Luhan, there's something I need to tell you. I......"

 

Suddenly out of nowhere, a shoot of needle hit Luhan at the neck. Luhan instantly collapsed. "Luhan!" But before Sehun could reach Luhan, he felt a strong force hit his back. Sehun fell on the ground. As he slowly losing his conscious, he can hear some men voices mentioning bridge, and he can see the men in black suit carrying Luhan away.

"No......"

Sehun lost his consciousness.

 


 

 

Sehun opened his eyes. He can see Baekhyun, Tao, and even Suho is looking at him. Tao voiced his concerned "Some people found you fainted on the street. Luckily you had your hotel card with you. The hotel manager called us right away!"

 

sehun get himself up, holding the back of his neck as he moaned in pain. "What happened Sehun?" Tao then looked around "Where's Luhan?". Baekhyun become pale. "No way....". Sehun looked down "Yes hyung.....They got him"

 


 

 

Suho crossed his arm. "So this is what you guys been up to while I'm gone?". The boys become solemn. They were unsure what to respond. Right now everything is mixed up, especially for Sehun.

Sehun suddenly stand and walked towards the door. Suho watched Sehun walked past him before raised his voice "Where are you thinking of going?". Sehun paused at the door. "Forgive me hyung, I need to get some fresh air". Sehun proceed to leave the room, ignoring Baekhyun calling him.

 

Sehun went to pool area on the 5th floor. Nobody is around. Sehun punched the wall, blaming himself to had failed to prevent Sehun from being taken away. If only I was as strong as Baekhyun or Tao. If only I was....Sehun paused. He felt he wanted to scream. Sehun turned to look at the night view. Busan appeared beautiful at night, with all the lights in the city. Centum City appeared magnificent with all the lightings.

 

Suddenly Sehun recalled what he had been hearing the whole day. Of course! He thought himself. He could be wrong though, but he needs to try.

 

Baekhyun's phone suddenly rang. Beakhyun have a look at the screen. It's Sehun.

"Yea Sehun"

"Hyung! I think I know where they're taking Luhan!"

Baekhyun raised his eyebrow. "Really?! Then where is it?!"

There was a paused. "Sorry hyung, I will do it alone this time"

"Don't be ridiculous Sehun! You don't know any martial arts. You couldn't even defend yourself! How are you going to save Luhan?!"

 

Sehun now standing at the outside of the hotel entrance. "Forgive me hyung. There's something I had never tell you, but I'll be fine". Sehun off his cell phone.

 

"Sehun! Sehun! Damn that kid" Baekhyun turned to Suho. "Suho hyung, what should we do?"

 

Suho, who had been calm from the beginning calmly answered, "Let him be"

 

"Huh?" Both Baekhyun and Tao become puzzled.

 

"Sehun will be fine" Suho then walked to the balcony and stared o the city. "He can take care of himself"

 


 

 

Under the Suyeong Bridge in Centum City, Luhan sat quietly at the backseat of a black Mercedes. Outside the car, few of the men in the black suit appeared to be striking some deals. They then returned to their own Mercedes. 1,2,3,4 Luhan counted. Two men the black suit entered Luhan's Mercedes and begin to drive away. Luhan can only looked down. Earlier the men had warned him that they will not hesitate to kill his new friends if he attempt o run away. Luhan, by now had tired of running away finally decided to give in.

 

He is very tired by now. Too many people had been hurt, some even had died, all because of him. He let the fate handle him.

 

Suddenly Luhan can felt the Mercedes being a bit shaky. I didn't do this Luhan thought to himself. Then without warning, the Mercedes flipped into air before it remained suspended in the air. The Mercedes then landed on the back.

Inside Luhan opened his eyes, shocked. He didn't recalled doing it. Luhan also realised he was not injured at all. Luhan unstrapped his belt and tried to open the door when the door suddenly opened. Luhan can see a familiar figure offering his hand for help. It's Sehun.

 

"Sehun!" Exclaimed Luhan. Sehun grabbed Luhan's hand and pulled him out from the Mercedes wreakage. "What's going on here Sehun?"

 

Then another four Mercedes approached the two. Sehun waved his hand. Then a sudden violent movement s of wind wriling around the boys. Sehun waved his hand abruptly to the direction of one of the Mercedes, with the violent wind followed, effectively thrown the Mercedes away from them. Sehun then turned, waving his hand into the air and in an instant two Mercedes were up in the air. Sehun waved his hand again and the Mercedes were thrown away, like a small kid throwing away his mini car toys.

Only one last Mercedes left. When the driver saw the whole incident it had been stop moving, too afraid to move forward. The driver then reversed and made a violent u-turn, trying to get away. Sehun gave a last wave and the violent wind send the Mercedes directly into the hill, smashing it hard.

 

“Sehun…! Are you….?!”

 

Sehun had a flashback;  he was five back then. Because of his father’s job, they moved to the countryside. Sehun had always loved the countryside. It’s peaceful, full of green. The air is fresh and the wind always blowing.

Sehun loves the wind the most. This is when he begin to imagine he can control the wind, bending the wind into his will. However as times goes by he begin to realized it was no imagination. He can really do control the wind. Whenever he wanted to fly his kite and there was no wind, he can always summon the wind to fly his kites. Some kids eventually found out his “magic tricks” and always play kites with him because they know if Sehun is around, the wind will also be around for them to fly the kites. Sehun was very happy back then.

 

However not long afterwards, horrible storms keep hitting the countryside, causing floods and crops destructions. Rumors and speculations become wild and the children begin to talk about Sehun. The villagers put the all the blame on Sehun though sehun continued to denied them.

Then everything changed; all the children walked away, away from him, with fear expression on their face. Sehun was standing alone in the field, with a kite at his hand. Tears flowing from his eyes as he begin to sob uncontrollably. It was hurt. It was hurt to be alone.

For safety reason his family moved back to the city and left all their business welfare in the countryside behind. Sehun’s father made Sehun promised not to use his wind ability at any cost.

 

But now Sehun couldn’t care. He is not alone with special ability. There’s someone else who had been worse than him. There’s someone else who needs more help. With the power he had, he promised he will look after those who needs help, needs protection.

 

"I knew it!"

 

Sehun and Luhan turned to the wreckage car. They saw a man struggled to free himself from the wreckage. He then stop struggling, stared at Sehun, with a menacingly smile.

"When we received a report of the boy who can manipulate the wind, I knew we shouldn't had ignore him. Who would had thought he would had become this strong? As strong as the telekinetic boy! You would had been the perfect to lead the new breed of humanity to replace the current!". The man begin laughed.

Disgusted  and angry with the man's words, Sehun raised his hand, and begin to cut off any air into the man, leaving him short of breath. As the man struggled frantically for air, Luhan become terrified at Sehun's sudden wrath.

 

"Stop it Sehun! Stop it!" Luhan suddenly hugged Sehun from behind, stunned the latter. "If you kill him then you're just like them! Forget the whole thing and let's get out from here".

 

Sehun turned aside to look at Luhan. His eyes were watery.

 

"I don't want you to become a murderer. Do not repeat my mistake!" begged Luhan with tears in his eyes.

 

Sehun stared at Luhan, and looked back to the man, still struggling hard for air. Sehun slowly lowered his hand. the man slowly stop struggling, and eventually panting hard for air. Sehun turned and walked away from the wreckage, with Luhan followed behind.

 

“If you think you can simply walk away the you’re wrong! We will always be able to find you. We will hunt you till you gave yourself up to us!!”

 

Luhan turned and made a hand gesture. A loud thud sound can be heard and the man had rendered unconscious.

 


 

 

Suho’s cell phone rang. “Yes Sehun?”

 

Tao and Baekhyun stopped packing their belongings and watched Suho as he’s having conversation with Sehun.  Suho smiled and let out a small laughter. He then put down the phone.

 

“What is it hyung? Is Sehun alright?” asked Tao as he continue to pack his belongings.

 

“Yes he is. And so does Luhan”. Tao and Baekhyun eyes widened. “Really?”. Suho chuckled as he glanced over Sehun’s belongings, still remained unpacked. “He just asked us to packed his stuffs and bring them back to Seoul.

 

“Huh? Then what about Sehun? Or Luhan?”

 

“They will join us at Seoul, a bit later I must say. Now stop questioning and start to pack his stuffs as well or we’ll be late for our flight!”

 


 

 

Sehun is sweating. “I know I did said the wig may look good on you, but his….”

 

Luhan smiled at Sehun. Although he is still wearing a boy attire and just applied simple male ulzzang makeup, the wig definitely had transformed him from a cute boy into a cute girl.

 

Sehun just can’t believe the wig really works….

 

“Now Sehun oppa~ Where should we’ll be heading~?”

Sehun pushed Luhan’s face away, feeling annoyed, “I only asked to dressed up as a girl, not act like one!”. Luhan giggled. “But I did passed, didn’t I?”

Sehun sighed. Then gave a small smile. "You certainly did”

 

The Seomyeon Station were bustling with people. Sehun and Luhan had to hold hands to make sure they did not get separated, especially Luhan did not own a cell phone.

 

“It’s going to be a long way to travel back to Seoul. But this way is better than using airplane. We can be less detectable”

 

Luhan smiled. “Don’t you worry Sehun”. Luhan tightened his grip with Sehun. “As long I’m by your side, I’ll know I’ll be safe”

 

Sehun smiled to Luhan’s words. Then the train they waited arrived. They boarded it and the train quietly, but swiftly leaving the platform . The train left the station and moved to the destination the boys heading, with hope they can go through the journey together confidentially as they know they can rely on each other for comfort and protection. Now, they’re afraid of nothing. Nothing at all.

 

THE END