Chapter 98

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I do!" Kim beamed brightly as she said the phrase that would change our lives. I repeated after her.

Her dress was beautiful, I was glad she surprised me with it. It was long and it had beads all over, adding to the magnificence. I leaned in to kiss her forehead, and then her nose, and finally—

"Hyung! Wake up!" Seungri yelled at me. "Wake up, Kimmy-noona's coming back."

She was being tested on memory to see if she regained anything from the last test. I stood up in expectance.

"Where is she?" I asked, looking around.

"She'll be here any minute." Seungri said, falling backwards into what used to be my seat.

I saw her rolled in in a wheelchair right at that moment. Her father, behind her, was smiling brightly. Then I knew that there would be good news. She, however, was frowning.

"Kim's progressing very nicely. She remembered her mother's and my wedding anniversary." Mr. Lee said.

I looked at Mr. Mowat. He was smiling, but he had this look on his face... I couldn't place it. Their rivalry was apparently still ongoing.

"Hey, Kimmy-noona, why so grim?" Seungri asked from his seat.

"They're discharging me at the end of this month. They say there's nothing that can ease my recovery that they can do here. They're just waiting for my wounds to heal then they're sending me off." she said.

"And how is that a bad thing?" I asked.

"I have to plunge back into a life I don't remember having. It's a horrible thing." she answered. She took control of her wheelchair with her hands, which were still in casts, just those soft flexible ones. She rolled herself into her room and her brother help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter