Chapter 32

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks after my birthday, which we celebrated with Hiu and Gülizar and some of their friends, and my one friend that I managed to pull from work, there was an announcement.

I nearly spat my coffee all over my laptop. I read the headline again. I reread the headline again. I REreread the headline again. I... You get the picture. I read it over again a lot.

But every time, it was the same, in that big bold font.

"Kwon Jiyong goes public with Park Soo Jeong!"

I wanted to be happy for him. I really, really did. But what was holding me back was not jealousy. It wasn't a longing to be where Soo Jeong was right now. Yes, I felt that constantly, but that wasn't what was eating at me.

"Are you sure you're happy with her?" I asked randomly in our nightly phone call. There had been an awkward silence before this.

"So you heard." he sighed.

"Yeah, I did. And believe me, I'm glad you found someone, but... Really? Park Soo Jeong?"

"Actually-" he started.

"Let me guess. Publicity? It's not real, it's just for financial comfort?"

He stated silent for a bit, as if he was choosing his words. "I was going to say there's more to her than she lets on."

"You mean there's more to be praised? Wow, why hasn't she bragged about that too?"

"You don't have to be rude..." he said.

"I'm sorry." Suddenly I gasped. "I got it! It's the , isn't it? You're in it for the !"

"What?! No!! Ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter