The Princess and the Nerd

How Will You Ever See Me

 

[Jiro’s POV]

When Chun called me telling about Ya Lun, I almost got a panic attack. I’ve been looking for him these past hours because he did not go for lunch. Why did I ever let him wonder alone when I already knew Danson would not let him go without a scratch. Now I’m really dead! Aunty Yan is coming and she will really nag at me until my ear fall off.

“JIRO!! You little brat” Aunty Yan shouted at me while pulling my ear.

“AAAA!! Aunty it hurts! Ouch! Ouch!” I said to Aunty as she pulls my ear while we’re entering Ya Lun’s room.

“MOM! Stop hurting Jiro” Ya Lun defended while trying to sit on his bed.

“This brat did let you down and where you are now? In this hospital bed!” Aunty Yan replied and sighed. I can’t blame her for being protective of Ya Lun, let’s just say that he is special, well, he is very intelligent but has self esteem problems and most of all he have a weak body.

“Ouch!” I said out loud when she finally released my ear. I rubbed it well to ease the pain. I think literally my ear will fall off if Aunty did not release it sooner.

“Mom it’s not Jiro’s fault. I just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time” Ya Lun humbly replied.

“Okay, Okay, you know I’m really worried about you. Honey please be careful next time. Your father would be furious when he finds out. Good thing, he’s out of the country right now” Aunty Yan answered back and pats Ya Lun’s head.

“Aunty, I’m sorry” I interrupted their emotional aura because I don’t like it when they get too emotional.

“It’s okay. I know it’s not your fault. I just over reacted” Aunty Yan said to me and sighed while looking at Ya Lun’s rainbow face. Imagine all the purple and dark spots at his face.

“Mom why are you here? I thought you have an important meeting today?” Ya Lun asked Aunty Yan out of nowhere.

“Family comes first! Aish! You think I will feel relieved if I would not see you?” She simply replied and looked at the door.

“Aunty, what is it?” I asked her and looked at the door as well.

“I think I heard someone knocked” she mumbled and a faint knock sounded again. I did not waste any time and went towards the door. I slowly opened it and got surprised with the person in front of me.

“Hello Jiro, can I come in?”

[End of POV]

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Aaron’s POV]

 

“Hello Jiro, can I come in?” I heard a girl talk to Jiro and in reply he just nod and move a little to make way for the person at the door. I’m anticipating that the girl outside is the one I’m longing to see, but all my hopes are shattered once I saw the girl step foot on my hospital room. She’s pretty but she’s not my princess. Fair skin, nice nose, long black hair, and small framed body.

“Hi” she said to me and walked her way towards my bed. She noticed my Mom and immediately bowed down for respect.

“H—Hi” I greeted. She’s one of the popular kids at my school and what is she doing here? I remember her because aside from my angel she’s the other person who did not laugh at me when the others made fun of me.

“You might be wondering who I am, well, I’m Hebe” she said out of the blue which also caught my attention.

“Aaron” I answered back without looking at her straight.

“I heard you got hospitalized, so I decided to pay a visit. I’m not bothering you right?” She said to me and smiled brightly. I looked at her this time I nod in reply and gave a faint smile.

“By the way, I won’t take long. I just want to give you this” Hebe settled something beside me and she walked out without saying I word or not even making me respond to her. I’m so confused why these popular kids are suddenly popping out and paying attention to someone like me but when I finally came back to my senses I shifted my gaze to the thing Hebe left on my bed and pick it up.

“A gift?” I blurted out and looked at Jiro, I did not notice that my mom already went outside.

“Open it. You are so damn lucky Ya Lun. A pretty popular girl went here to visit you” he said enthusiastically.

“But she’s not her” I sadly replied and looked at the gift in my hand. Slowly I opened it and found out that it’s the latest Harry Potter Book which I have been trying to buy these past few weeks.

“It’s Harry Potter” I happily said out loud. The book really lifted up my spirit and made me happy. I’m so excited to read it but my eye still hurts. Talk about being hit in the face! My face looks awful that I want to puke because of it. It is very swollen and my eye squinted from it which also affects my eye sight as of the moment.

“Why you are not reading it?” Jiro asked me. He knows me well. And when it comes to books that I love, once it gets into my hands I would start right away and read it but this one is different because I did not even try to open it.

“My eye still hurts and I can’t read right now” I sadly answered to him and looked at the book in my hands. My mind drifted to the time where my angel said she also love Harry Potter and as I think about her I unconsciously opened the book and peek at its contents. I smiled smelling the scent coming from the book, but my smile turned into a frown.

“Why does it smell nice?” I said out loud which caught Jiro’s attention and made his way at the side of my bed. He grabbed the book and sniffed it.

“You are right, it smells like strawberry” he added to my confusion which made me opened the book once more starting from the cover and then my eyes grew wide, well, to be exact my ONE EYE grew wide.

“I—It can’t be” I said out of consciousness and looked at Jiro who’s eyes are wide as mine.

“Gui?!!” Both of us said in unison and I looked at the book once more to make sure I read it right.

 

[Book Cover]

Classmate Yan,

Sorry if can’t visit you at the hospital.

But I hope this book will make up for it.

Get well soon.

 

Gui

***

 

“Give me that!” I hissed at Jiro when he grabbed the book from my hand to read the hand written note on the cover. He gasped and released a teasing smile at me and shoved the book at my hands.

“Argh!” I shouted and Jiro just look at me dumbfounded.

“You goofball! You made my shoulder ache” I blurted out to let him know why I suddenly shouted.

“Sorry” he mumbled and looked at me with sorry eyes.

“It’s okay” I simply replied and smiled, simply thinking that my princess gave me such a wonderful present and did not forget about me. I should thank her when I finally can see her.

[End of POV]

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Hebe’s POV]

 

After going to Aaron’s hospital room, I smiled to myself and meet my boyfriend who’s waiting me right outside the hospital. I smiled at him and he returned the gesture back making his sunny eyes squint a little which made them seem like they are smiling at me.

“How did it go?” he asked me while wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

“Well, he seemed disappointed to see me” I said in a cheery tone.

“Let’s just wait till he finds out that it’s not from you babe” he smiled once again which my heart flutter.

“I bet he’s going to be happy Calvin”

“I’m sure, he will”

 

[Flashback]

“Hebe, can you do me a favor?” Gui asked me.

“Well, it depends on the favor you would ask me” I and she blushed.

“Wait, wait, wait! Did you just blushed?” I asked in excitement.

“Yah! Don’t tease me. So, are you going to do me a favor or what?” she pretended to be mad at me and I just smiled at her act.

“Sure, you’re my friend and I’ll do anything that I’m capable of just for you” I sincerely answered and she beamed up.

“Really? Please can you hand this to him?” she gently placed the book at the table and I eyed it.

“Him? As in Aaron?” I asked for confirmation and she just nod in reply.

“Oh my gosh! Why don’t you just give it to him personally?” I interrogated.

“Well, I’m quite shy and feel guilty towards him. Be—because I know it’s my fault that he got into trouble and even end up in the hospital” Gui answered and looked down after releasing a sigh.

“You know, it’s not your fault. It just happened that Danson is a jerk!” I replied and she remained silent. I went beside her and tapped her shoulder to gain her attention.

“I’ll do it for you”

“Really?! Thank you Hebe!” she smiled genuinely and hugged me tight. Eventually I pried her hands off me and looked straight in her eyes.

“You know, he would be very happy if you will find time to visit him. Just think about it” I patted her head before heading out.

 

[End of Flashback]

 

“What are you thinking?” Calvin snapped me back into reality and I just gave him a meaningful smile.

“What?” he looked confused.

“I think things will get more interesting. The princess and the nerd” I answered and giggled at the thought.

“It sure will”

 

[End of POV]