Friends and Enemies

How Will You Ever See Me

 

[Aaron’s POV]

 

Ever since the day she talked to me I used to think that I will have a chance to talk to her once more, but to my disappointment she never did talk to me. Luckily I have three subjects with her, but actually that doesn’t help at all. She is always surrounded by her friends and I will happily stare at her the whole time. I don’t even know why I have the perfect grades even I don’t listen to Mr. Lou while he’s teaching, maybe that’s why I’m called a nerd right? I sighed as I think about her if she would ever be my friend but that is quite impossible because she would risk her image and popularity if she would do that. I keep on staring at her while pretending reading my book until our teacher called me.

 

“Mr. Yan! I’ve been calling you, stop daydreaming” he said for the nth time sighed which I did not notice until now.

 

“Yes Sir?” I hesitantly replied.

 

“What is the answer to this question?” he pointed out on the list on the white board and I stared for a minute and answered.

 

“48 packs Sir” I said to him and looked down on my table. I’m really embarrassed to have him call me many times before I could answer. Don’t get it wrong, Mr. Lou is a nice man and he never uses force to students not unless when needed that’s why I like him. He is very neutral and kind.

 

“Good” he smiled and continued to ask us about the following questions. After this embarrassing situation I’ve been to, the class seems to be fine and go on as it would be. After a while our class ended and it’s time for our lunch break. I walk briskly going to the school cafeteria where I will meet my best friend, Jiro.

 

As I walk towards the cafeteria, heart started to beat fast as I hear foot steps behind me. Not that I’m paranoid, it just don’t feel right like something is about to happen.  I made my pace faster which made me pant in every step, but the foot steps behind me also increased their speed, how would I know? Of course, I can hear them gaining distance to me. And then I finally have the courage to look back and I saw this freaky guys staring at me with disgust, and that’s when I realized I’m in trouble. I ran fast as I could to get away from them making the books on my hands to slip. But this doesn’t make the situation better because I’m a slow runner thanks to my body condition.

 

“JIRO!!” I shouted like a damsel in distress but I did not care as long as he would come a save me.

 

“He would not come, he’s too busy with his girlfriend” one of the guys told me and I just gulped and ran anywhere my feet takes me, but for an intelligent person like me, I’m such an unlucky person when it comes to directions. Why did I ever choose this path when I can choose the other as I panic looking for a route that I could escape in, but with all the luck in the world, I did not have any at this time.

 

“So nerdy, where you will go now?” one of the guys said to me which I recognized as one of Danson’s friends. Why I never think about it? He will never let me off just like that. I trembled while looking at them and in a split second I felt a strong force upon my left cheek which made me fall on the cold pavement. Blood is dripping on the side of my lips and I can feel half of my face is sore. They laughed at my horrible state. Fear registered all over me as I saw them nearing me with anguish and hatred in their eyes.

 

“J—Jiro” I trembled and almost whisper my best friend’s name. They laughed once again at me and two of the guys pinned me at the wall which made me whimper. It is too forceful that I think I broke my clavicle.

 

“Argh!” I groaned as I feel the pain on my right shoulder. I saw one of guys is about to throw a punch at me. And without any option in hand I just closed my eyes and waited for it to arrive, but too much to my anticipation, it didn’t. I slowly opened my eyes and saw a guy holding the other guy’s arm making him stop.

 

“Mind your own business!” the freaky guy hissed.

 

“This is my business. Now scram off if you want to continue in this school” the other guy shouted which also frightened me. But the two freaky guys that are pinning me at the wall started to add pressure which made me wince in pain.

 

“AAAAA!” I screamed in pain as tears formed in my eyes. I can feel my shoulder burned in pain as they push me harder on the wall. My vision almost got blurred with my tears but I definitely saw another guy into view which has this nice glow in him. He’s not smiling but I can see that he have a good aura.

 

“Leave now or else you will regret it” the well built guy said to the freaky guy.

 

“Pssh! Who the hell are you to tell me what to do?” the freaky guy hissed and the others laughed.

 

“My father owned this school and with just one word I can have you all kicked out and block listed on other elite schools” he replied and gave a smirk.

 

“Wu C—Chun?” the freaky guy stammered, and gulped out of fear. Who wouldn’t be? This guy is known for being great in martial arts and also the son of the school’s owner. But this freaky guy doesn’t want to let his pride down so he attempted to punch Chun but he got disabled in just a minute. The other came running towards the two guys who are trying to save me and with a flash those freaking guys are all on the ground. I saw Chun phoned someone and school staffs came over. As for me, I’m on the ground shaking and more blood is coming out from my mouth as I coughed out.

 

“Are you alright?” the guy with the bright aura asked and examined me from head to toe.

 

“W—Who are you?” I blurted out but before I could hear his answer I already embraced the darkness. After a while of unconsciousness I can hear someone shouting but I can’t seem to understand. I don’t know what’s happening around me. I wanted to open my eyes but it seems heavy and I don’t have the strength to do it. Suddenly the muffled shouts that I’m hearing started to get clear.

 

“Ya Lun… Ya Lun… YA LUN!!” that voice woke me up, and made me gasp for air as if I’m drowning.

 

“Where am I?” I asked as I look around the white room.

 

“Thank God you are alright. You made me worried Ya Lun. You are at the hospital right now” Jiro said to me and gave a faint smile.


“Sorry Jiro” I replied and started to get up but someone stopped me.

 

“You should not move. You have a broken clavicle and you just came out from operation you need to rest” a guy said to me, and I looked for the owner of the voice and to my surprise it is Chun and beside him is the smiling face guy.

 

“T—Thanks for saving me” I said to them faintly.

 

“Gosh! I almost thought we lost you there. I almost got a heart attack!” the smiling guy said to me and laughed at his own comment. I just looked at him and when noticed my reaction he stopped laughing and looked straight at me.

 

“You might be wondering who I am? Well, I’m Calvin Chen. I hope we can be friends” he introduced himself and smiled brightly. This guy really smiles a lot! I thought to myself.

 

“I—I’m Aaron Yan. Nice to meet you” I said hesitantly. Well, I’m almost lost for words because these guys are popular at our school and I wouldn’t think that they would even waste their time saving a nerd like me.

 

“Wait friends? Friends with me?” I asked continuously after his words sink in me.

 

“Yes, friends as in F.R.I.E.N.D.S., is something wrong about that?” Calvin said in a playful tone and waited for my reply.

 

“Bu—But you guys are popular. Why would you want a nerd like me to be friends with you?” I honestly replied while stunned at Calvin’s words.

 

“Popular or nerd, we can choose who we want to be friends with. The character is much important than image” Chun intercepted and I just nod while listening to him.

 

“That’s right! And I’ve been telling this guy to introduce us to you but he did not want to share you. But fate is quite good right? Here you are together with us” Calvin said in a dreamy tone while poking Jiro’s head.

 

“Hey! I just want to protect him from you. Who in the world would think it is normal to ask a guy to introduce you to another guy!” Jiro protested as he tries to stop Calvin from poking his head.

“Get you mind straight! I just want to meet you best friend who can control your crazy !” Calvin defended and gave a teasing smile. These guys are crazy.

 

“Guys, enough! You are making the patient dizzy” Chun intercepted and went between Calvin and Jiro.

 

“He started it!” both of them said in unison which made me laugh at their childishness.

 

“Uhm Aaron, next time be careful and don’t wonder alone. Jiro take care of him, we have to leave now” and with that the two guys went out of the room while dragging Calvin, I even saw him mouth goodbye while being dragged. I looked at Jiro and he smiled.

 

“You know them?” I asked him but I want to smack my own head for doing so. Why I wouldn’t? He’s popular for goodness sake and popular mingle with popular people!

 

“Ehehe... Sorry for not telling you Ya Lun. They are my classmates but also good friends” Jiro replied to me and smiled awkwardly.

 

“It’s okay” I answered back and sighed.

 

“Now rest for a while, I just have to talk to the doctor. And if aunty arrives please spare my life because she almost tore my ears from scolding me when I told her about your condition” Jiro told me as he make his way to the door.

 

“Okay” I simply replied, and there he goes sprinting out of my room. After he’s gone, my mind seems to drift and think of something special or rather someone special.

 

Is it wrong to love someone like her?

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sorry for the long wait, been doing a lot of things so I have limited time to write some new chappies...

 

[End of POV]