Review - 'Be Ma Girl' MV by Teen Top

I HEART KPOP REVIEW SHOP [CLOSED / REVAMPING]

Be Ma Girl

Artist: Teen Top
Song: Be Ma Girl
Record Label: LOE Entertainment

 

 



Review:
"Be Ma Girl" is Teen Top's lead track for their 3rd single album. The song and music video released in August 2012, gives you the feeling of a fresh and cool summer breeze. With sharp uptempo melodies and catchy and honest lyrics, the song itself makes you want to get up and dance. Hearing the song for the first time made me feel thrown back to the 90's. 
The video concept really fits with the meaning of the song. C.A.P, Ricky, Changjo, L.Joe, Niel and Chunji convincing the girls in this video to 'be their girl' is quite a smart move to make teeny girls swoon and what better way to convince a girl you like in a relaxed and fun atmosphere like a bowling alley? 

Their colorful stylish outfits and pastel hair colors really put a nice touch to the video matching well with the neon decor giving it a playful effect, which resembles the song very well. An uptempo, club sound pop music video wouldn't be the same with tight dance moves and I have to say, their dance moves are pretty smooth and not bad to look at!
 
Not everyone might appreciate this poppy poppin' music video or the song for that matter because it is "too sweet", but major pop lovers like me, will enjoy it even more.
 
The song is cute, honest and  the video director nailed it right on with the video concept.

Rating:
 

Author: MissInsanity27