Chapter 2

Love Triangle

After grabbing some coffee with Dara – and a cup of hot chocolate for Tiffany, from a nice, small coffee shop Donghae and Dara frequently came into, the photographer bid goodbye to his model as she got picked up by her driver, and her nice white car. He waved his hand which was occupied with Tiffany’s hot chocolate lightly while flashing a big yet warm smile as the car drove off. Next thing he did, he was on the way to the library already. His coffee was slowly becoming cold by how low the temperature that night added by how quite far the library actually was.

But those things didn’t make Donghae stop and turn around to go back to his own warm apartment. He would be dead bored anyway to spend the long night alone.

Dragging his tired legs towards the library, he chugged down the remaining coffee in his cup to warm him up before throwing the empty plastic cup into a trash bin, right in front the old building. The building of the library. He stepped onto the stairs leading to the entrance with big double doors securing what was behind them. Donghae pushed one of the doors open before slipping himself inside, feeling the cold wind that was attacking him before abruptly stopped.

With a small smile in content he walked to the counter but found no one there. Usually Tiffany would be sitting while reading some books there but it was not the usual after all.

Donghae turned his body, sweeping his gaze around the library. The place was rather big with tall bookshelves filling the room. There was dozens set of tables placed neatly near the bookshelves, yet he only could see a couple of women around, seeming doing their homeworks, assignments, or, whatever was it on the corner of the room with a high pilled books next to them on the table. His smile never faltered, though, as he saw the girl who was tidying the books up on the opposite corner.

“Tiffany,” he whispered, loud enough for the girl to hear as he walked closer to her with the cup in his hand. The girl’s expression suddenly turned brighter as a big smile spread on her beautiful face that was hidden by her big, thick glasses, and her long bangs, almost covering her twinkling eyes.

No one ever caught the beauty in Tiffany just because she wasn’t that attractive at first glance, so no one really bothered to study her more. But her beauty failed to be hidden from Donghae’s eyes. After all, he was a rather experienced photographer. He once even asked Tiffany whether she wanted to be a model or not, which obviously, the girl rejected violently.

“Oppa,” she chirped, rather loudly, but quickly shut his mouth with both hands cutely as she realized where she was. “You are here,” she added again behind her covered mouth, her eyes twinkled beautifully even more, stating the obvious because yes, Donghae was there.

“Yes, I just finished today’s shooting. Was tiring, yet it was fun,” he answered anyway before lifting his hand up lightly, showing the plastic cup in his hand. “I bought hot chocolate for you. But I think, it’s not that hot anymore.”

Tiffany giggled at that. Not that annoying giggle though. More to the adorable one Donghae would love to hear till the end of his life.

“Thank you,” she muttered, quickly she reached for the cup with a big smile that never left her lips. Donghae only nodded as an answer. He inspected the girl’s expression when she gulped the chocolate liquid slowly. “It still tastes nice, don’t worry,” she hurriedly said, feeling that she needed to tell Donghae that to assure the sweet photographer. He most likely would go out to buy another hot chocolate if Tiffany didn’t like the one he just bought.

Hearing her words and looking at her expression made Donghae immediately smiled. He nodded and raised the previously occupied hand to ruffle Tiffany’s soft, black locks. After that he didn’t say much and just walked towards the photography section. He let out a small hum while inspecting the books in front of him before grabbing one and brought it to one of the tables. Tiffany could only smile and shook her head at his gesture as she continued tidying up.

Stuffing the last book on the floor into the gap in between two books on the shelf, she sighed in content, slurped her chocolate, then walked towards the photographer who was reading silently on one of the tables in the corner. She bit her bottom lip, watching Donghae’s side profile. No matter how many times she had seen him, he was always able to take her breath away. Never failed, even just once.

Quietly she moved to sit in front of the man and stared up to his concentrated face while sipping her chocolate once more, intending to finish the remaining in one chug. After making sure it was empty already, Tiffany shoved the cup away on the table, Donghae hadn’t yet noticed she was there, making the edges of her lips twitch up.

“Sir,” she began, trying to grab the attractive man’s attention. Which succeed as he lifted his head and landed his deep, brown orbs on the girl’s face. “What are you reading, you seemed so focused.”

Donghae shrugged his shoulders a little bit. “Something about photography,” he answered simply, looking down at the book before averting his gaze back to Tiffany. “When is your shift over?”

The girl pursed her lips at Donghae’s dissatisfying answer but decided to not pry more. “In around 2 hours more,” she said, glancing at the wall clock on top of Donghae’s head. “You should go home, it’s late already.” Her statement made Donghae laughed out loud, which earned a smack on his defined arm. Tiffany blushed lightly feeling the supple, firm arm of Lee Donghae’s under her palm.

“I will wait for your shift to finish. We can go home together.”

And by that had been said, he shuffled away to grab another books to spend his time on while waiting for the girl’s shift to be over.

 


A/N: I know I know, you guys can kill me for abandoning this fic for so long. But I had writer's block, like seriously. I'm sorry my lovelies ;;