Talking To The Moon

You Are...

[Chapter 4]

Talking To The Moon

 

 

 

You Are...

 

 

 

 

 

I sighed to myself regrettably the moment Sunny had left the chat room. How could I be a faithful “boyfriend” to her if I'm still with Luna? My so called girlfriend, who had gone M.I.A. for the past couple of months, had over done her vacation time. Now, I have to be the big boss of what's left of our relationship and finally call it quits because I'm not dealing with this anymore.

 

It was that moment that I pulled out my cell phone and dialed the girl's number. Ring. Ring. That's exactly the opposite of that “disconnected” lie she told me the last time I got a hold of her. Unfortunately, ringing was all that the phone did before the voice mail recording came up. I let out a sigh and hung up just before anything of mine could be recorded. How can I finally end it with her?

 

For about the next week straight I called Luna everyday and for that week straight all I got were nothing but voice mail recordings. It frustrated me that Luna wasn't answering me. For all I knew she was probably playing hooky again with that Onew guy that she told me about. Oh how karma could be such a...yeah.

 

As for Sunny and I, we hadn't talked to each other the day after that chat. When we did get back to the roleplay and the out of character talking, things were...different. The questions about our personal lives dropped off the face of the Earth and we only talked about our roleplay just to keep the conversation alive. We were distancing ourselves from each other and...I hated it. Determined with returning things to normal, I knew I had to do one thing; get a hold of Luna any way possible.

 

One day after school, I decided not to call at my usual time. Instead, I wanted to mix it up. Maybe giving Luna an unexpected call would trick her into answering. So I waited, and waited, and waited. Finally evening had come. Sunny and I had been sending each other messages for the past couple hours now still with that awkward tension stitched inside every letter. I checked the clock one last time before finally whipping out my cell phone and calling Luna's number. One ring, two, three. At this point I was already losing hope. What difference would this time make? My name and number were probably blocked on her phone by now.

 

“Hello?” Emerged from the other end just before the voice mail recording played. It was her! It was really Luna! I can't believe that calling at a different time actually worked!

 

At first I didn't reply. I was too bewildered with the fact that she actually answered. Quick! I have to say something. “Uhh. Luna?” I finally managed to spit out.

 

There was silence for a split second. “Uhm. Yeah, who's this?” So much for remembering that she was in an online relationship.

 

That ticked me off. Apparently this was more a game to her than it was to me. “It's me Um-” I caught myself quickly, almost saying the wrong name. I mentally thanked god for not messing things up before finally continuing. “Jonghyun?”

 

Again there was another pause before an “Oh!” filled my ear. “Hi llama.” She called out sweetly. After not being called that name for so long I finally realized how stupid that nickname was. “What's up?”

 

It angered me how she had the audacity to act like nothing had happened between us. “What's up?” I couldn't help but repeat what she said irritatedly. “How about you not telling me that your phone works again? Or how about you not talking to me for the past two and a half months?” I couldn't stay calm anymore. Everything she had done completely pushed me over the edge. Even I didn't do this when I was a bit of a cyber pimp. The fact that Luna was my first serious relationship added more fuel to this fire.

 

“Oh yeah.” She responded with a weak chuckle. “I was going to tell you about the phone but uhm...I was...busy...” This girl. Really? Does she think I'm this stupid? I can't believe her.

 

I shook my head and let out an irritated sigh. “Busy. Yeah, sure, whatever. Look, I'm done Luna. I don't wanna deal with you anymore. I'm breaking up with you.” In the back of my head I knew not to yell because then this would just turn into some big yelling match and who knows what would happen if that occurred?

 

A scoff came through the phone from her end. “Oh really? Okay fine. We're done.” Luna agreed with a voice full of sass. “I thought you were a girl anyways.” And that was the last thing I ever heard from Luna. If she had stayed on the phone just a second longer then, without a doubt, she would have heard the gulp that slithered down my throat.

 

It was a while until after I had hung up did I realize...I was single again! Joy suddenly filled me as a sudden urge to report this to Sunny grew within me. I tossed my phone aside and hopped into the newest message that was sent by Sunshining_Angel. My response to the roleplay was bland since all of my excitement was merged into the OOC text. It was simple. In fact I disregarded our topic at hand just to put, “Let's meet in a chat. Same name as last time.” Yup. That's all my response was.

 

In no time it was sent off to Sunny. However, it wasn't until after I was sitting alone in the chat room did it occur to me that just because I was single didn't mean that sunny was too. My time to take back the message was long gone because just before I could click the exit button on the chat window did a certain somebody join the room.

 

Sunshining_Angel: Hey Jonghyun.

YiYun: Hey Sunny.

Sunshining_Angel: What's up?

YiYun: I want us back to normal.

Sunshining_Angel: Normal?

YiYun: Yeah. For the past week things have been really awkward between us.

YiYun: Don't you think?

Sunshining_Angel: Well...

Sunshining_Angel: Yeah...

YiYun: So I wanna go back to normal.

Sunshining_Angel: The thing is...

Sunshining_Angel: I didn't wanna get close to you.

YiYun: Why?

Sunshining_Angel: Because you have a girlfriend.

YiYun: Not anymore.

Sunshining_Angel: What?

Sunshining_Angel: But I thought you loved her?

Sunshining_Angel: You told me that you loved her with all of your heart.

YiYun: I did.

YiYun: But that was months ago.

YiYun: We haven't talked to each other in months until today.

YiYun: That's when I broke up with her.

Sunshining_Angel: Really?

YiYun: Yeah.

Sunshining_Angel: Why didn't you tell me this before?

YiYun: Well after you talked about your boyfriend you said you had to leave right away.

YiYun: I never had a chance to explain.

YiYun: Things started changing after that.

Sunshining_Angel: Oh.

YiYun: Yeah.

Sunshining_Angel: Well if it makes you feel any better, I broke up with my boyfriend earlier this week.

YiYun: You did?

Sunshining_Angel: Yeah. I found out he was cheating on me with some other girl he met online.

YiYun: Ouch. That . But I guess I'm in the same boat as you.

Sunshining_Angel: She cheated on you?

YiYun: Yeah. But with someone she knew at school.

Sunshining_Angel: That seems worse.

YiYun: I guess.

YiYun: I've gotten over it already.

Sunshining_Angel: So much cheating.

YiYun: Yeah.

Sunshining_Angel: I think I'm going to take a break from relationships for now.

Sunshining_Angel: I don't want to be cheated on again.

 

Somewhere in the pit of my stomach did I feel my heart drop. It wasn't badly injured though because her excuse was reasonable. The last thing I would want is for either of us to be each other's bounce backs. Relationships like those almost never work out. Right? I can settle with the friend zone.

 

YiYun: Same here.

YiYun: I think I need to take a break with this whole love thing too.

Sunshining_Angel: Sounds good to me.

YiYun: Hey Sunny?

Sunshining_Angel: Yeah?

YiYun: We can still be friends.

YiYun: Right?

Sunshining_Angel: Yeah.

YiYun: So does that mean that things can go back to normal between us?

Sunshining_Angel: Yeah. :)

 

Friend zone? I don't care. As long as things go back to normal between Sunny and I, I could care less of what label I was considered to be in. Don't great relationships start off with the couple being best friends first anyways? So I don't care about this whole friend zone thing. I respect Sunny, and if she needs time away from a relationship then I'll give her all the time in the world. I'm just glad I finally got the weight of the moon off of my back.

 

 

 

 

 

...The One I've Got My Eye On...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello you awesome readers! How are you guys? Good? Great! Look! I was able to squeeze in this chapter just before school starts! Whoop! I'm working on the next chapter but there's no promises on when I'll be able to update. I have work later on and I'm just gonna be busy until school starts and then I'll be majorly busy! Oh noes! But I'll try my best to keep writing and updating when I can. Promise!

 

So what did I have to change in this chapter? Well aside from the usual character names and the format of the chat [like I said in the last chapter] this is pretty much what happened. Keep in mind that this happened about 5 years ago so yes my memory's a bit fuzzy but I'm sure that this happened. Especially the last sentence said by "Luna". Anyways, I hope you stay until the end. Until next time!

 

-Jeo