The Encounter

You Are...

[Chapter 2]

The Encounter

 

 

 

You Are...

 

 

 

 

 

[1 Year Later]

 

A whole year passed already and so many things happened. In terms of the website, the “latest updated stories” section was one of my favorite places to go on my internet sanctuary. I was able to find fan fics based on anything that involved any couple. Every now and then I would cringe at seeing some of the featured couples, but then again what isn't my cup of coffee is somebody else's sugar rush. As for what's going on with my friends, in just one week Krystal managed to get the true reason for why I made that fake identity thing. I managed to convince her that I was just biual and this was my experiment for finding out if I liked girls more than guys, but I knew what my ual preference was. I just wish that I had more courage to officially come out of the closet.

 

As for the whole Jonghyun thing? I'm no where near close to erasing this alter ego of mine. I've talked to many girls and not once have I ever been thought of as a freak! It felt so right knowing that I wasn't some weirdo that everybody automatically judged. Especially with the topic of gays and lesbians being very sensitive and there's still a full on debate about whether homouality is accepted or not, I couldn't help but remain hidden behind this Jonghyun mask. It was so satisfying and reassuring to know that I could catch someone's eye because of my personality. Why would I ever give up the very thing that caused this amazing feeling?

 

I will admit to saying that I've been somebody's “boyfriend” before. I've actually been a lot of girls' “boyfriend” before, but when you only think of the internet as a love game, you don't really feel guilty of tugging on another person's heart. Hey, young people are dumb when it comes to love. There's no lie in that. Eventually I did realize the consequences of playing with love. It wasn't a great feeling and that's when I decided to give up the gig of thinking of love as nothing but a game. So instead of trying to be the big 'playboy' that I once was virtually, I chose to be the 'boy' that wants to be sort of serious with a relationship, long distance or not. Guess what? I found a girl, but I'm on the verge of calling it quits with her.

 

My girlfriend's name is Luna. She's energetic, sweet, and I guess a charmer. Luna's the first girl that I ever wanted to be 'serious' with in terms of relationships and we've been together for about 6 months now. So what's the problem? Well after we started to call each other official, she tells me of this guy named Onew. He's some guy that goes to her school but apparently they aren't official in her playbook. That's hard to believe when she's admitted to going to parties with him and cheating on me with this Onew guy three times. I used to call her my moon, someone who always shown in the dark, but I guess this is just karma biting me in the for what I've done to those other girls. Now, I'm done with it. It's already three strikes and she's out. Or so I've been trying to do.

 

Luna's been gone for 2 months now and we haven't been able to contact each other the whole time. She's never online and she's been blaming her phone company for being so expensive. Sure she says that, but why is it that when I call her, it still rings? If a number is out of service wouldn't there be that robotic voice saying it's out of order? I've been calling complete bull on this whole 'no contact' thing and it's really irritating me that I can't end it between us. I won't officially call us broken up until I do it over the phone, but who knows when she'll finally answer?

 

So this is where I am now, scrolling the main page for new and interesting fan fics, but honestly, nothing's been catching my eye for the past two hours. After doing this everyday for the past year, there has to be something really interesting to get my attention. Not to mention I'm too upset about Luna to want to click on those stories filled with fluff and cute stuff. At this point, I'm actually considering of getting offline and doing some homework. Homework!

 

After one more click of the next page, I promised myself to hop off the computer if nothing was worthy enough to be checked. Boring, boring, I don't ship that couple. Eh, that couple again? Not in the mood for fluff. The odds of staying online weren't in my favor at all. With a deep sigh, I had reached the bottom of the page. If the last few titles didn't catch my attention, then I guess I'll have to help my math book figure out all of its problems. Nope...nope... Suddenly, I stopped. “One on One Roleplay.” I read out loud.

 

I felt my eyebrows furrow in thought. I've never done a one on one before. Trying something new won't hurt right? I smirked at my thought. Well, I've done this whole fake profile thing and so far no one's gotten hurt...I think. With a simple shrug I clicked on the only title that actually caught my eye.

 

The opening page was simple. It was nothing more than an introduction followed by a short list of genres that the author of the page preferred to roleplay. The bottom of the page ended with, “PM me what you'd like to roleplay and we can get started. :)” At first I wasn't feeling the whole one on one RP thing. I've never done any actual one on one roleplays so I wasn't sure of how to start things off. Just before I pressed the big close button on my web browser, I caught sight of the author's username; Sunshining_Angel. I felt my lips purse in thought while reading the introduction again.

 

That's when I found out that the author was actually a girl. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't intrigued from that one bit of information. I get along better with girls than guys anyways so maybe trying this whole thing out wouldn't be such a bad idea. One thing I wasn't sure of was why my head was going through this much of a debate for a one on one roleplay? I was so confused. Just try it. What's the worst that could happen? After no worse case scenarios popped into my head, I grabbed hold of mouse and moved it away from the exit button. Like an obedient little puppy, my hand scrolled the courser over the username of the author and clicked on the link to send a new message.

 

I wanted to keep my response to this person's page simple and polite, just like the author's page. For some reason, I had a hard time thinking of what to type. After staring at the screen for a good five minutes I just wanted to write down anything for the message! Why are you like this Amber? Just type! I cracked my knuckles before replacing my fingers on the home keys and almost like magic I began to type.

 

“Hey!

 

I was really interested in doing a one on one story with you. I've never done this before so bear with me alright? I'm sorry for any replies that completely and all of that. Eh heh.

 

-YY”

 

My eyes scanned the message once, twice, and three times. How pathetic! I shouldn't degrade myself by saying I've never done this before! That would only scare her off! Not to mention that she'd probably think of me as some stupid 12 year old kid. After deleting the entire message, my mind wandered with my fingers as its puppets.

 

“Hey.

 

Let's do an action romance one on one RP. What do you say? ^^

 

-YY”

 

Before my mind could protest about the message, I forced myself to hit the one button I've wanted to press for the longest time; send. 5 minutes later I went to my sent box just to reread the message I shipped off to her. Oh no! How stupidly pathetic that sounds! It was too blunt! Too simple! What if she thinks I'm not that interested with it? I bit my lower lip, trying hard not to think too much about it.

 

Immediately I clicked on the home button just to get away from the ounce of regret that was starting to grow like a bacteria. Maybe one on one authors aren't that picky. Who knows? After clicking around, a satisfying notification of a new message was displayed at the top of the letter with the envelope symbol let up in red. Eagerly I clicked on the picture that automatically took me to my inbox. There, at the top of my list was a reply from the one and only Sunshining_Angel.

 

“Hey! :D

 

Of Course we can do a one on one! An action romance sounds really interesting. What's going to be the name of your character? I'm going to use my own name for mine. It's Sunny.”

 

For some reason, I had a grin on my face that I couldn't wipe off. My only guess was because I would finally be able to talk to someone one on one other than Luna. What I mean is, yes I've interacted with other people online, but it was mainly through group chats or other public links. It's been so long since I've actually had a one on one conversation with someone other than my 'girlfriend' that this got me pretty excited. Probably more so than it should have, but I didn't mind it. With a quick pitter patter on the keyboard, I was able to brew up my response that I still decided to keep simple.

 

“Great! ^^ The name of my character? Well since you're using your name I might as well use mine too.

 

 

 

I'm Jonghyun.”

 

 

 

 

...The One That Caught My Eye...

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello my Sunber shippers! I'm sorry it took a while to update this fan fic! I've been really busy! I had finals, then I had jury duty, and then I've been doing so many other things! I even got a job! Plus I've been trying to finish the chapter for "The Guardian's Wish" since I haven't updated that in a long while. Aish. See how I'm juggling too many things at once? I probably shouldn't have done that. Anyways, here's a short update! I know it's not much, hell some of you might not even call it an actual chapter but some update is better than nothing right?

 

Anyways, what was the 1% of fiction for this chapter was the name of my girlfriend at the time. Of course it wasn't Luna and of course the guy's name wasn't really Onew. As for everything else, that's pretty much how it went. Anyways! I hope you liked it, I'll be working on my chapters as much as I can and I hope you'll stay with me through the end!

 

-Jeo