Other Significant Others

You Are...

[Chapter 3]

Other Significant Others

 

 

 

You Are...

 

 

 

 

 

Sunny and I have been roleplaying through messages for a while now. That was my new routine every day. I would wake up in the morning, go to school, come back home, and then hop onto the computer to reply to the RP that we had agreed on. I will admit, the first week of us sending back and fourth these messages, I completely . It was as if I never knew how to write! I hated how it all began. I thought I was a great writer since I wrote some short stories before, but compared to her stuff and other fan fics that I've read on the website, I realized that my writing skills were completely horrible!

 

Slowly my writing skills improved, but I would never in a million years call it good. I'd rather just go with decent. It wasn't until one day I had come across a massive writer's block to one of her responses. The only thing I had written as my reply was my name, or rather, my alter ego's name. I don't know how long it took to finally write something, but eventually I did. In my head, it was the worst reply ever. To make up for it, I had to send an apology note in an Out Of Character text. “Hey Sunny, I'm sorry for such a bad reply. I have such bad writer's block right now.” And with that I sent the message.

 

In a matter of minutes, I had gotten a response from Sunshining_Angel. It was short and cute. “It's okay Jonghyun! We all have those days. ^^ Don't worry about it.” Something about her response sent a fleet of butterflies bouncing around in my belly. Maybe it was the fact that for once she was talking directly to me and not some off duty cop that saved the new girl in town from being .

 

I genuinely smiled at the response, admittedly reading it more than once. With the fluttering creatures in my stomach it was hard to think of a decent reply for the story. My head was too busy trying to brew up some conversation starters to get to know this girl better. At first I didn't want to write back an Out Of Character text because I didn't want to drag our conversation. It was only supposed to be an apology from me for being so bad of a writer. Still, I couldn't help myself. I wanted to know this Sunny girl as more than just someone I roleplay with. I wanted to be her friend, even if I was miles away from where ever she lived...and was actually a girl. But people can be friends right? Who says that new friends that talk automatically have to start dating? That's not how love stories go.

 

Before I knew it, I had sent another message to my roleplaying partner. This time the Out Of Character text was filled with a question of whether or not my horrid writing skills were making her eyes bleed. Her response to me was a laugh and reassurance that my messages were actually really good. She was impressed with some of my descriptions, vocabulary, and spontaneous plot twists that I would throw in there. At the end she told me not to beat myself up constantly because what I might think of as flat out horrible is actually really good.

 

My writer's block magically disappeared after that message. I had this sudden urge to improve my fictional writing skills by focusing on both the OOC text and the roleplay itself. One thing quickly led to the next over the days and somehow our conversation, that started with my eye-bleeding writing, turned into where we lived and where we went to school. I found out that Sunny actually lives in Seoul, South Korea. She was born in the US, which explains the good English, and then she moved back to Korea with her family.

 

Finding out where she lived intrigued me. Not because I wanted to play hooky or anything again, but because I've never met someone that told me they were from South Korea. Usually it was places like Britain, Mexico, Philippines or the most popular place with millions upon millions of people in one state, the USA. So finding someone from there quickly sparked my interest in wanting to know her more...as just a friend. Besides, how would a Long Distance Relationship over these social medias even work? This was all a game. Nothing more.

 

One day after school, I quickly hopped online to see the message she had sent back to me the previous night. I would have replied earlier, but of course, my mom wanted me off the computer so I wouldn't sleep in class. After sending her my response, I had quickly gotten a message back from her. What she put really amazed me. “Hey Jonghyun, do you wanna meet in a chat room? Maybe then we can take a break from the RP and actually get to know each other better.”

 

I felt my eyes widen at her request. Was she really that interested in me as I was in her? No way. I must be dreaming. After rubbing my eyes and rereading her message I found out that my eyes weren't deceiving me at all! Sunny had really wrote that. Excited, my fingers typed everything down the minute it surfaced into my head. “Yeah sure! That sounds like a great idea! What chat room did you want to meet in?” I smiled as I sent off the message to the girl that I had set my eyes on.

 

Wanting a response as soon as possible made a few minutes feel like forever! I constantly refreshed the home page where my eyes would immediately lock onto the message symbol, hoping for it to be red with a notification. Sadly, it didn't light up after the first 15 refreshes. Then finally, it was there! I easily felt my breath hitch in anticipation as the message page loaded. “Hmm. I think I'll just make one. I'm going to name it 'SunYun'. I'll meet you there. ^^”

 

My eyebrows rose, surprised that she had combined our usernames together. Was she trying to hint at something? I tried not to think about it too much because I knew that if I did, I would be getting way ahead of myself. Judging by her OOC it was obvious to tell that she wasn't exactly anticipating a response from me just yet. So instead I quickly clicked to the “Social” page and went to the chat room. I had successfully found the said room and entered. To my surprise there was only one person there. The one and only Sunshining_Angel.

 

 

 

Sunshining_Angel: Hi Jonghyun! ^^

YiYun: Hey Sunny. :)

Sunshining_Angel: I honestly didn't think you would come. Lol.

YiYun: O.O Why's that? Of course I would come.

Sunshining_Angel: Well we just met so...

YiYun: It's been about two months now, but I get it.

YiYun: If you didn't want me to come then I guess I should go now.

Sunshining_Angel: YAH! Don't go!

YiYun: xD I'm just playing with you Sunny.

Sunshining_Angel: Meanie. :P

YiYun: You like it.

 

It was only until after I sent that did I realize what I had just typed in. Thankfully we were far away from each other, otherwise she would have been able to catch the blush that was now surfacing onto my cheeks. The chat quickly turned awkward as Sunny tried to find a way to reply. Maybe I should change the-

 

Sunshining_Angel: So Jonghyun.

Sunshining_Angel: Your writing for the roleplay is really good.

Sunshining_Angel: I still don't get why would you say that it's bad.

YiYun: Well my parents don't think that my writing will get me anywhere so they always put it down and I haven't shown my girlfriend my writing.

YiYun: Only my close friends have read it.

Sunshining_ Angel: Oh. You have a girlfriend?

 

Rereading our chat made my heart sink. How could I have made that slip up? Luna and I aren't talking anymore, hell I wouldn't even call us official! But still, we technically are each others significant others since I haven't actually broken us up, but how can I when she doesn't even answer me?! I let out a sigh and typed up my answer to her.

 

YiYun: An online girlfriend, yeah. Her name's Luna.

 

I felt my lips purse at my response. Then again, just because I was interested in Sunny didn't mean she was available. So I decided to turn the question on her as well.

 

YiYun: Do you have a boyfriend?

 

Sunny took a while to reply. Did she hesitate? Obviously because the three dots at the bottom of the chat weren't appearing. That meant that she wasn't even typing anything! Mentally I cursed myself for turning this live chat awkward between us. Finally the three dots at the bottom of the chat appeared. I held my breath hoping for some sign that said she was single.

 

Sunshining_Angel: An online boyfriend, yeah I do.

 

The live chat between us turned awkward again. Not a single word was being typed from either of us, and I could tell seeing as the little dots at the bottom of the chat didn't appear and I most certainly wasn't typing anything myself. I mentally scolded myself for being such an anti-social awkward freak. How can we be good friends if I've made the chat go silent way too many times?

 

Sunshining_Angel: Hey Jonghyun?

YiYun: Yeah?

Sunshining_ Angel: Do you love Luna?

 

I bit my lower lip in thought. Did I really love the girl that is still considered my girlfriend?

 

YiYun: I loved her with all of my heart.

 

Technically I wasn't lying with that sort of answer. My heart really did beat only for Luna at some point in our 'relationship' but with this whole no communication hiatus that we've had, along with that Onew guy being in the picture, I couldn't help but take back the love that I had once devoted to her.

 

YiYun: What about you? Do you love your boyfriend?

Sunshining_Angel: Well...

Sunshining_Angel: The thing is...

 

A small spark of hope inside me lit up. Could it be that maybe we could get together? I know it was too early to call and the last thing we wanted was to be each other's bounce back, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have some feelings for Sunny by now.

 

Sunshining_Angel: We haven't talked for a while now.

Sunshining_Angel: He tells me that he's busy but sometimes I see that he's online.

YiYun: I see.

Sunshining_Angel: Yeah...

 

Joy lit up inside me as I wanted to tell her that I was on the same page as her. Her boyfriend hasn't talked to her in a long time and Luna's doing the same with me. Her boyfriend is obviously lying to her and there's no doubt in my mind that Luna had been lying to me. However, before I could type anything, Sunny entered a text first.

 

Sunshining_Angel: Hey Jonghyun?

YiYun: Yeah Sunny?

Sunshining_Angel: I have to go.

Sunshining_Angel: My mom needs me.

YiYun: Oh. Okay.

Sunshining_ Angel has left the chat.

YiYun: I'll talk to you later.

YiYun: ...Never mind...

 

It pained me, even just a little, to see Sunny leave the chat so quickly. I guess her mom really needed her for whatever it was. I let out a sigh and shut down my computer. There was no point in staying online anymore. If she was going to be gone for just a little bit, I know Sunny would have just said 'brb' but since she left the chat all together, I had a feeling she wasn't going to come back in a long time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...Someone Else's Girl...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello you awesome SunBer shippers! xD Or maybe you're just some awesome readers! In that case, welcome! ^^ So here's chapter 3. I know that I'm taking forever for chapters that seem so short, but the truth is that I didn't realize that I had finished this chapter until now! >< I thought that I had a few more paragraphs to go, but when I went to reread what I last put, I realized that it was end of the chapter! Whaaat? I know, I'm a derp. ><

 

Anyways, here's chapter 3! I'm already working on chapter 4! It's almost done and I hope it doesn't take me too long to upload! I just wanna say that I do have a job now and college is starting on the 19th for me so the uploading time might take longer but I hope to squeeze in chapter 4 just before school starts so we'll have to see!

 

So what were some things I had to change? First off is the fact that the person who Sunny portrays actually already lived in an English speaking country. I just wanted to keep to the whole South Korea thing so yeah. Also, the chat rooms! If you go to AFF's chat rooms, it's no where near what I explained in this chapter. Remember! This all took place BEFORE I was every introduced to AFF so it's all in another website. As for everything else, yup, that's how it happened. I chose Pink for Sunny and Red for Amber because that's their favorite colors. The "You Are..." Parts are green because that's MY favorite color and it's just a reminder that this was all based on a true story from my experience. Phew! I think that's everything for this chapter. Enjoy!

 

-Jeo