Chapter 2

{HIAUTS} A vocals heart

 

A Vocals Heart - Chapter 2
 
[Samantha's POV] 5 years ago...
Hiding in my bedroom, knees drawn to my chest, sobbing quietly to myself. I could here the yelling of both of my parents. Everyday it's like this, they would fight. Mother is scared of father, but she won't admit it. I know father beats mother, I saw bruises on her once.
 
"Where's the money you !?" Father yells.
 
"I-I'm sorry. I-I couldn't get any..." I heard a slap. I flinch at the sound.
 
I heard the angry footsteps of my father come towards my bedroom. I heard mother call out to me. "No! Don't hurt her! Samantha! Samantha, get away from him! Run!" My father entered my bedroom, slamming the door shut, locking it. Leaving my mother outside, banging her fists on the door.
 
I press my back against the wall, as I saw him approach me. Anger plastered all over his face, fists curled into balls.
 
"What are y-you doing?" I ask timidly.
 
A smirk grew on his face. "Teaching your mother a lesson. And don't ask me questions!"
 
I tried to get up and run away, but father grabbed my arm throwing back to the ground. I let out a yelp of pain when my head collided with the corner of my desk. Before I could do anything else, my right arm was pulled back with great force, I felt it dislocate from my shoulder. I was lying on my back, gripping my arm, trying to hold back any more tears. Father kicked me in the stomach several times and ignored every single plead for him to stop. 
 
He had pinned me to the ground, raising his fist above my face. I gasped when it hit my face, he repeatedly punched my face and torso. I could feel the blood drip down off my cuts.
 
Just as he stopped, I fell into complete darkness...
 
15 minutes later...
 
My eyes were closed, I'm in too much pain to open them. Running footsteps I heard coming up to me. Someone held me in their arms and was crying. It was mother. "S-Samantha. I-I'm so sorry." She kept repeatedly apologising to me, saying she was too weak to protect me...
 
2 years later...
 
The front door slammed. He's home.
 
Fear coursed through me, I jumped from my position. I quickly hide my guitar under my bed. I hope he didn't hear me play, he hates me playing and listening rock music. 
 
"Samantha!"
 
"C-Coming!" I run down the stairs as quickly as possible I don't want to make him angry like last time. I froze in my position when I stood in front of him. "D-Did you have a good time at work?" The usual greeting I would give him. But something was different.
 
He walked in front of me and slapped me across the face. I held my stinging cheek in my hand as I fought to hold my tears.
 
"Don't you ing look at me with those filthy eyes of your mother at me with! You're just another !"
 
"I-I'm sorry, f-father..."
 
"Well sorry isn't good enough. You're just like your mother, filthy. A woman who sold her body to other men. I'm glad she's gone from this world."
 
I snapped at that. "She wasn't filthy! You made her do those things. You killed her!" I regretted yelling at him, when I was punched and dragged me across the floor by my hair.
 
"Shut up you !"
 
"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! Please stop!" I cried and cried, but he never listened. I cried even more when I felt the impacts of the abuse he gave me through his fists. I curled in a ball, gripping my right arm. The familiar pain of the incident when my shoulder was dislocated 2 years ago returned. Father had purposely punched it, knowing that it would hurt. I needed my personal medication to numb the pain.
 
When my shoulder was dislocated, I got it sorted out at the hospital. But I was given medication to help numb any pain. It never healed fully, so now I'm stuck with medication. It's quite painful to play the guitar, but I do my best to ignore the pain.
 
Father left me on the floor, I heard the front door slam and his car driving away. I broke down in tears. Why me? Why must I live like this?
 
Present time...
 
"Hello Samantha."
 
"F-Father!?"
 
I watched in horror as he walked closer towards me, he brushed my fringe out of the way, tracing the scar over my right eye. The scar that was faint due to the make-up i put on earlier. I hated the fact he touched the eye that he caused to go blind. It made me sick to the stomach.
 
"My, my Samantha. You really know how to disobey me. You ran away from home, for a year. And now you're here, doing stuff which I despise. Rock music." His hand left my face and he gripped my right shoulder fiercely bringing terrible pain for me. "You should be punished."
 
"Ow... S-Stop. It h-hurts." I let out a whimper of pain.
 
"Stop? Now why would I do that?" He looks down at me and spits in my face. "God you are a disgrace to this world, you should of never been born!" 
 
I saw his fist drew back ready to hit me, I flinch at the sight. I let out a scream. "No!" Before his fist landed, we were interrupted when someone was knocking on the door.
 
"Samantha? What's happening in there?" It was Ruki.
 
I didn't reply, I was scared. Father leaned in closer to me. Whispering in my ear. "You're lucky this time. But you won't be when we next meet. Where ever you go, I will always find you." And after that he walked out the room. Ruki came rushing in, panicked.
 
"Samantha!? Are you ok? I heard you yell." He looked me in the eye, I watched him as his eyes widened in shock. "Samantha you're crying. What happened? Who is that man? Did he hurt you?"
 
I wiped my tears away, I didn't even realise I was crying. I opened my mouth to say something, but a wave of dizziness hit me and I fell to the floor. The last thing I could remember was that I fell into someone's arms...