Chapter 3

{HIAUTS} A vocals heart

 

[Samantha's POV]
 
Where am I? Did he find me and take me away!? No! I can't be with that man again! Not after what he did to mother and me! I hear faint voices arguing with each other.
 
"Ruki, it's time for us to go on stage. She'll be fine for 10 minutes..."
 
"No Aoi. I can't leave her. I don't know what happened to her, but I know it had to do with that man. And I'm the only one who saw him. I can't leave her and risk her be in danger."
 
The other man who must be Aoi, sighed and gave up. "Fine, but I doubt many people will be happy about this."
 
"Thank you."
 
I felt something move under my head and I immediately bolted straight up. Greeted by a wave of heavy of fatigue and a bright light. What a terrible combination. I gripped the side of my head, trying to gain focus again.
 
"Samantha?" I turned to see a man. He had brown hair with blonde tips. Grey contacts and beautiful make-up. Dressed in lovely visual-kei styled clothing. I realised my head was lying on his lap earlier. Even though he looked nice I panicked. Was he sent after me!?
 
I get up from the sofa and took several steps back. I tripped over my own feet and fell into someone. Strong hands grabbed me by the shoulders and kept me standing straight.
 
"You should watch where you're going."
 
I turned around and faced another man of similar age to the the first guy. Just that he was taller and had jet black raven coloured hair and looked more built. Physically.
 
I literally jumped out of my skin. Suddenly seeing these two people gave me the fright of my life. I wanted to scream, but my voice was stuck in my throat.
 
I stepped away from him, falling over onto the floor. Being clumsy like I am, I land on my . Ouch! They both watched me in what looks like concern. I shuffled away from them pressing my back against the nearest object I could get to. An overly huge guitar amp.
My breathing were getting quicker and quicker. My face was getting hot and I started to feel faint.
 
The short man with brown-blonde hair, crouched in front of me. "Samantha. It's ok, just calm down. It's only me. Ruki." Ruki, how could I suddenly forget the man I met today. "Samantha, breathe deeply." He waited for me to calm down before speaking again. "This is Aoi by the way." I turned and saw the raven-head nodded towards me.
 
I manage to choke out a few words. "R-Ruki? W-What happened?"
 
He looked concerned. "I don't know. I was hoping you could tell me. I left you so you could talk to a man. I waited outside the dressing room, but I heard you shout. The man quickly left and I came in to check on you. You were crying and you look like you were in pain. You passed out before anything else." I lean against the amp again, when those memories came flooding back to me.
 
"What happened in there? Who was that man?"
 
I gulped. Should I tell him? I wanted to tell, but I'm so scared. I don't want to put anymore people in danger, because of me. The tears started to fall down my cheeks.
 
I gasped when Ruki suddenly pulled me into a hug. I flinched of course, being insecure and everything. I soon relaxed when I mentally told myself I was safe. I rested my head on his shoulder, crying my eyes out. I watched as my tears fell onto his shirt.
 
Ruki looked up at Aoi. "Can you go get the others?"
 
"Sure."
 
I heard the door close.
 
"Samantha what happened? I can't help you, if you don't say anything."
 
I sniffles and wiped some of the tears away. "Y-You can't h-help me. I-it's t-too dang-erous... No! I've said too much!"
 
"Shh... It's ok, you're safe now. I promise you that. You are safe. Please tell me. I want to help."
 
I braced my self before speaking again. Still captured in Ruki's hug.
"T-That man was my f-father" Ruki looked shocked. "H-He abused m-me and my mother. M-Made my mother a p-e a-and h-he k-k-killed her..." I dug my nails into his shoulders, I was worried I was hurting him, but it didn't look like it bothered him. "A-A week later, h-he made me b-blind in my right eye. Also dislocated my shoulder 5 Years ago. I need medication for the p-pain."
 
Ruki began rubbing my back, soothing my upset state. "I-I'm sorry for making you bring up the past."
 
"I-It's o-ok..."
 
[Ruki's POV]
 
I can't believe it! Samantha was abused by her father and her mother was killed by that man! And he had the nerve to turn up here!?
What one of the things that shocked me the most, was when she told me she was blind in the right eye. Isn't the eye that's blind meant to be a cloudy-milky colour? I didn't see that earlier when I was doing her make-up. Maybe she wears coloured contacts? Now that I think about it, I did see a faint scar over that eye.
 
Samantha must me traumatised by what's been happening. No wonder why she was so jumpy and flinched at everything.
The door was slammed open, Aoi returned with Kai, Reita and Uruha. Samantha screamed and hid behind me.
 
"! Aoi! Careful, she's deeply upset and all that noise didn't help!"
 
He held his hands up in defence. "Sorry dude, didn't mean to!"
 
Kai stood forward, being the leader he started to take control. "Ruki. You need to explain to us what's going on and why did we miss our stage performance." His eyes widened when he realised Samantha was hiding behind me. "Who's that?"
 
I got up so I could talk to him somewhere private, so Samantha wouldn't need to listen in on her story. I don't want her to be any more upset than she is. But she grabbed my wrist. "D-Don't leave me..."
 
I whispered in her ear, "Don't worry, I'll be right over there." Pointing to a corner of the dressing room. She nodded nervously. 
I walked to the corner with my band mates. I explained to them who Samantha was and her background, which is why she is jumpy and traumatised. And why we didn't perform, because I couldn't bear to leave her alone.
 
"Oh. I had no idea." Aoi whispers.
 
"I guess we can't change the past." Reita says.
 
"Hang on, didn't you say she was performing today?" Kai ask. I nod.
 
Uruha walks away from us and crouches in front of Samantha. "Hello Samantha. My names is Uruha, it's nice to meet you." I watch as Samantha struggled to face Uruha directly. "I heard you were performing at the festival. I believe you haven't played yet. Is that right?" She nods. "What are you playing?"
 
"C-Cass-is."
 
"Wow! I bet you sound like an angel." I smiled, when she blushed at the compliment.
 
"I-I'm not that g-good."
 
I heard footsteps enter the room. It was a man with a clipboard and a head set. Ah! He's the one who's sorting out the performing acts. "I understand there's something going on, but will Samantha be performing or not? Her que is on in 10 minutes."
 
I look back at Samantha. She doesn't look in good shape to perform, but I know she has tried so hard to get here. She can't give up. 
"Kai? Can we perform with Samantha? I don't think she can do it alone. Plus it's one of our songs, it shouldn't be a problem."
 
"I don't see why not." Kai looked at the guy who came in. "Is that ok?"
 
He nodded. "Yea that's ok. Be at the stage ready in 10 minutes." He left the room.
 
"R-Ruki?" Samantha's calls out to me, in a shy whisper.
 
"Yes?"
 
"W-Where's my bag? I-I need my m-medication."
 
"I'll go get it. It'll be ok, the other guys will watch over you." She nods nervously. I walk out the room heading towards my dressing room.
 
I enter my dressing room, finding her bag next to her guitar case. Black leather with studs all over. I open the bag to check if the medication was there. I was shocked at what I found though. I did find the medication, but I found many different types.
 
There was anti-depressants, and many different types of painkillers. It made me sick to the stomach that I had to imagine what Samantha's father had done to her. I'm pretty sure her father has done many other stuff to her that she hasn't told me. I can't believe that she has to take this much medication.
 
[Samantha's POV]
 
Ruki returned back with my bag. I felt so relieved when I saw his face. I was afraid something had happened to him. He passed me my bag and I nervously said thank you.
 
I opened my bag, taking out a bottle of water. And also my little containers of pills. 
 
The members of GazettE gasped, when they saw all the medication. I tried to ignore their stares. I'll just take the painkillers, I leave the anti-depressants for later.
 
In my hand lays different painkillers, varies in colour. White, red-white etc.
Still looking down at my hands I swallow them one at a time with the water. I choked on the last pill. I ended up coughing and spluttering, Ruki knelt beside me rubbing my back. "Are you ok?"
 
"Y-Yea."
 
Kai speaks up. "Come on then, we've got 5 minutes."
 
All the members left the room, leaving me and Ruki trailing behind. I had enough time to pick up my guitar before heading to the main stage.
 
...
 
The crowd cheered when they saw Kai, Reita, Aoi and Uruha walked into the stage. Ruki stayed next to me at the side. It was decided me and Ruki would be the last to enter the stage.
 
"Ruki. I-I think the nerves gotten to me. I don't think I can do it."
 
"It's gonna be just fine. I'll be right beside you. You're going to be amazing."
 
Ruki took my hand in his and we waited, for Aoi's solo to start. The crowd went quiet when the music started. We walked onto the stage, still holding hands with Ruki. Ruki gave a wave to the crowd and their cheers started off again. But I could tell they were confused why I was with Ruki. Maybe they didn't like me?
 
I strummed my guitar along with everyone else's instruments. It was time. The singing. Me and Ruki cued on time with the vocals. I could feel my voice shaking with doubt, I felt Ruki put his arm around my shoulders. It gave me a push of confidence. I could feel my voice get stronger along with Ruki's.
 
It didn't take long until, that fear and doubt faded away. I closed my eyes and sang my heart out. The emotions of the lyrics were taking me away, my voice getting stronger with the emotions. When the song ended, I opened my eyes again.
The crowd was silent, was that a good sign?
 
But after those few seconds of silence the crowd cheered clapped. Ruki held the mic closer to him and spoke to the audience. "I want to thank you guys for watching and supporting the GazettE. And I want you to give a round of applause to special friend who performed with us today. Samantha."
 
The crowd cheered even louder than before. I could feel a smile spread on my face.
 
I turned to Ruki and looked him in the eye. "Thank you Ruki. Thank you for everything you've done."