Chapter 1

{HIAUTS} A vocals heart

 

[Samantha's POV]
Hey! My name is Samantha Matsumura, 18 years of age. As you can tell I'm not 100% Japanese. I am what you call a multi-cultural child, my mum is English and my dad is Japanese.
 
I have low confidence, so I tend to keep to myself. But when I'm on the stage singing, all that doubt and low confidence fades away. Well, most of the time anyway.
 
I am your average teenager, at first glance. But behind all my make-up and shy smile, there are secrets. Dark secrets that haunt me to the very day. I wish. I wish that someday I will be able to live a normal life.
 
"Can I see your ticket?"
 
"Uh, s-sure." I ha d him my ticket and VIP pass.
 
"Ok. In you go."
 
"T-Thanks." I bowed slightly, rushing into the building. I stare down at my ticket and pass. VIP Huh? I never thought I would see the day, when I would perform at Tokyo Rock Festival. The festival where the hottest rock bands/musicians perform. I heard the GazettE is performing. I'm looking forward to see that, I've always wanted to see a performance of there's. Actually I will be performing a song of theirs, Cassis.  I will be singing the lyrics and will be playing Ruki's guitar part.
 
I take a quick glance at my watch. ! I only have an hour left until the big show starts. I run down the corridor searching for my dressing room, No.13. Apparently I'm sharing a dressing room with another performing group. But I have no idea who.
 
50 minutes left. Finally! I have found the dressing room! I readjust the guitar case on my shoulder, gripping my bag in hand and push the door open. I stare down at the floor to avoid anyone gaze. "E-Excuse m-me. I've b-been told that I-I'll be s-sharing dressing rooms with y-you." I stutter over each word like an idiot. Damn my low confidence.
 
"Ok. Nice to meet you. The names Ruki!" I saw a hand appear in front of me. I jumped back, but soon relaxed when I realised he wasn't going to harm me. I was unsure at first but I shook his hand.
 
"N-Nice to m-meet you too..." I looked up quickly, but felt like the world just ended. It's Ruki! Ruki from the GazettE! But how? I knew that I was sharing rooms with a fellow performer, but I didn't expect it to be a celebrity. "Oh. U-Uh I think I got t-the wrong r-room..." He bent over and looked at my VIP pass hanging from my neck.
 
"Hmmm... Room 13. You're definitely in the right place." He smiled at me. I looked away, so he couldn't see my red face.
 
"Oh r-right..."
 
"Why so nervous?"
 
"Huh? I-It's nothing... Oh! So sorry I haven't introduced myself! My name is Samantha Matsumura."
 
"Samantha? Your not from around here?"
 
"I'm half English, half Japanese..." I walked away sitting in an empty chair in front of the mirror. Placing my guitar and bag on the floor.
 
Ruki looked at my guitar case, then back at me. "Your performing today?" I nod. "What song?"
 
"Actually it's o-one of your songs...C-Cassis...Singing and guitar."
 
"Wow! Can you play a bit now?" Wait, he wants to hear me play?
 
"I-I guess." I pull out my guitar, plugging it into an amp that was already in here. I pressed play on Cassis on my phone turning it up.
The soft acoustic of Aoi's playing filled the air. Breathing in and out, I felt more confident as I got drifted into the music. At the right moment I strummed my part on the guitar and sang the lyrics.
 
Half way through the song, I suddenly stop playing.
 
"Why did you stop?" Ruki asks.
 
"I-I was probably terrible at it..." Not exactly the truth being said. But I'm too scared to tell him the truth. He stares at me, obviously not believing a word I have said.
 
"You're not terrible. I was impressed, I couldn't of done it better. You should believe in yourself more. And I bet those judges didn't chose you from those auditions to take part, because you were bad."
 
"T-Thanks."
 
30 minutes left. , I still need to finish my make-up. Ruki noticed me rushing around panicking. He walked over to me. "Let me do your make-up."
 
"A-Are you s-sure?"
 
"Yes. Now sit down." I obeyed his order and let him finish my make-up. I tried my best not to flinch or jump at every touch of the brush when it touched me. I could see Ruki was finding it strange and suspicious. 10 minutes passed and he was finished. A soft knocking was at the door. "I'll go and see who it is." I watched as he walked over and opened the door. There was soft muttering to each other and he turned his head to me. "Someone wants to talk to you. I'll leave you lot on your own."
 
Ruki left the room and was soon replaced by a man. My eyes widened in shock, when I saw his face. I stumbled backwards, pressing myself against the wall.
 
"Hello Samantha."
 
"F-Father!?"