8, 9

10 Cups Of Coffee

 

 

8- Tazo® Passion™ Brewed Tea

 

 
It's Donghae's day off.
 
So Hyukjae decides he should invite his so-called friend over to his apartment.
 
Saying he decided it makes it sound like it was just a simple, easy choice. But, really, it wasn't. Hyukjae sulked about it for days - again, he reminded himself. He thought he would be over it by now, since he made the first move the last time, but the lack of response from Donghae did make him a little less hopeful, but not enough for him to give up on trying to confess to the brunette.
 
So after he managed to invite the other without stuttering a lot and making himself look like an idiot (success!), he kindly kicked Yesung out for the night, ignoring the other's suggestive grin as he left.
 
Hyukjae tried to convince himself that it was okay, he wasn't nervous, but his actions really did betray him. They would meet within five hours and Hyukjae didn't feel ready at all. Actually, he didn't even know what was his goal with all that. Didn't Donghae make it pretty obvious that he wasn't interested? So yes, there's no reason to be freaking out.
 
 
*
 
 
But yet, 40 minutes later Hyukjae is freaking out. He pretty much ran to the convenience store and is looking for something that will possibly remind Donghae of them (ignoring the fact that them does not exactly exist), something that will make the smaller brunette smile and maybe laught a little, when he spots a Starbucks-like cup piled up along some passion fruit tea bags, which he was positive he'd seen on the coffee shop before (so much for not being addicted, dude). He bought them and quickly went home so he could be actually ready when Donghae got there.
 
He jumped a little when the doorbell rang, trying hard do control his pace and stop himself from running towards the door. He opened it and found a smiling Donghae carrying a couple of plastic bags with food.
 
"Hi", he started, "I know I didn't say anything, but since you didn't either, I thought I should buy us some food?" Hyukjae laughed a little and signed for him to come in, taking two of the bags from his hands. "Well, it's not actually food because we still have to cook it and stuff. I'm not saying that you have to, I can cook and you can just sit beside me and talk or anything like that, because I already know what to cook since I had a lot of free time today and I kind of planned most of it already. Is this weird? It is, isn't it? And I know it's a little too early for that but I wanted to bake something as a dessert, too, so it'd be better if we got started, right? Or do you j-"
 
Hyukjae sat the bags on a counter and shushed Donghae with a handful of candy that he kept inside a bowl nearby.
 
"I don't know if I should actually feed you with what it seems to be more sugar but oh my god, you're just unstoppable." He laughed along with Donghae, who almost spit the candies in the process. "We can do whatever you want, okay? Just calm down, silly."
 
"Sorry, I'm just excited since I never do much on my days off. And maybe I had too much sugar before coming." he admitted with a grin.
 
"Tch, such a kid." He mockingly clicked his tongue while patting Donghae's hair. "What do you have in mind, mister top chef?"
 
 
They cooked - Donghae did most of it, but he insisted on giving his sous-chef a little credit - for a couple of hours, talking and telling jokes and making fun of each other, almost getting too close to a food fight. Hopefully they had a bit of sense and managed to finish without setting fire on anything (again, they got way too close to it).
 
Hyukjae had pretty much forgotten about his initial intentions until they were at the table, finally eating something, when Donghae accidently brought the subject up.
 
"So," he said after swallowing his food, "where's your boyfriend?"
 
Hyukjae nearly choked.
 
"Wh-- my what? Yesung?!"
 
"Yeah. I thought you were together?"
 
"No. Oh my God, no. He's just my roommate. We just live together because it's easier."
 
"Oh. Sorry." he coughed awkwardly before continuing. "So you're single? You don't really seem like the type who likes to be alone, honestly."
 
"Yeah, I don't exactly like it." he laughed. "But I kind of wanted to talk to you about it."
 
He took a deep breath as Donghae said go on, shoot before gulping down his cup of tea.
 
"So, I wanted to tell you the other night we hang out, but I didn't have the heart to, so here it goes, I guess."
 
Another deep breath as Donghae seemed to flinch and choke a little.
 
"It's just that you're so cute, and friendly, and smart, and good-looking and I don't know how to start this the right way, but I think I like you. I kind of like you more than I actually like the coffee. And I really like the coffee, I think you know that by now since I probably spend more time there than actually at hom-"
 
"I'm dating someone." Donghae blurted out. Hyukjae just stayed still. "And I should go now."

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
9- Espresso
 
 
 

 

Here he is, 13 hours and 17 minutes later. Avoiding the brunette is childish and he knows it, but he's doing it anyway. So instead of stopping by at the end of Donghae's shift as usual, he decided to do it before the guy's shift even started
 
No one could blame him, really.
 
If Donghae's ditching me, he thought while grimacing at the bitter taste, then I'm ditching him too.
 
 
*
 
 
Later that day, this didn't go unnoticed by the brunette. 
 
His shift was almost over, and although he was feeling a little pain in his chest - guilt, he told himself - for leaving Hyukjae without much explanation the night before, he still expected the redhead to show up.
 
So he sat there until closing time, trying to read a book while Hyukjae wasn't there yet. He failed, though, since he couldn't stop glancing at the door waiting for that familiar face.
 
It didn't come, and as his co-worker shooed him away, he decided that being kicked out of Starbucks wasn't so fun without Hyukjae.
 
 
Actually, nothing really was.
 
 
 
 
-----------
Hello ^~^
 
I don't know if the meaning of the espresso is clear in here but I hope you guys got it? Because espresso is bitter and so are eunhae's lives atm?
 
Comments make me happy <(*.*<)
 
(also, the end is nearrrrr)