6

10 Cups Of Coffee

 

6- Apple Pie Frappuccino 
 
 
It's January, the brand new year is finally here, meaning that Hyukjae can officially start over. 
 
Even though having a fresh start and getting rid of bad habits was his original plan, he didn't really try hard on the first few weeks days of the year. He was happy for the couple of weeks he got off from work, thinking he could use some free time to try and do something useful, like reading a book, or watching that movie he's been crazy about for months, or maybe just hanging out in his favorite coffee shop with his favorite new friend.
 
He'd been hanging out a lot with Donghae lately, something that started only with Hyukjae casually dropping by at the end of Donghae's shift, but switched to almost everyday meetings, where they wouldn't just talk about futilities for half an hour or so, but spend all the time they could together to discuss things from "what's the best milk flavor anyway?" to "where do you see yourself in the future?".
 
In the end his plans didn't work out, since Donghae chose to spend his free days back at home with his family. Hyukjae just nodded and said he could relate, because, really, he could. But he would be lying if he said it was fine, I can hang out with my friends from work. Even though he could do that, his co-workers weren't nearly as cool or kind or had such a nice smile as Donghae. So all he had left was to lie down on the couch and sulk about it for the entire day. Or for weeks. Or until Donghae comes back (whatever comes first, really).
 
 
"Dude, you're so whipped it's annoying." 
 
Hyukjae was startled by his best friend's voice and nearly fell head first to the floor, but managed to place his hands on the floor before anything too great happened.
 
"What are you saying right now?" he snarled at Yesung while sitting straight, the older with a mocking look on his face.
 
"Seriously Hyuk, you've been talking about this guy a lot and now that he's gone - only for two weeks if I may remind you - I come home only to find a half dead version of you. If you miss him so much just give him a call, what's the big deal anyway?"
 
"Shut up, it's not like that and I don't miss him, I'm just bored." he said standing up and heading to his room, because he was not really in the mood for arguing about things that were already settled. He didn't miss Donghae and that was it.
 
 
Trying to convince himself of that didn't go as smoothly as he thought it would when he received a text message that might have made his heart skip a beat or two.
 
I'll be back in two days~ ^^
Hope you didn't find someone else to talk over coffee with >:(
lol jk, miss u !! ^^
 
- Donghae
 
 
Needless to say Hyukjae fell asleep with a stupid smile across his face.
 
 
*
 
 
"Did you know we have kind of a secret menu?" Donghae half whispered, his eyes glistening with something akin to adoration as he talked. Hyukjae was sitting close to his favorite booth by the window, because some couple just had to sit there. 
 
Donghae's shift still wasn't over, since Hyukjae had arrived a little earlier than usual for being just so stupidly eager to see the other man because really, he'd missed him. Donghae on the other hand, had sneaked out of behind the counter as soon as possible after Hyukae's arrival, now sitting on the free spot across him. 
 
"I don't know what's the point of it, really, but I thought I should introduce it to you."
 
Hyukjae smiled, hoping he was mirroring his friend's enormous grin as he glanced at the creased paper in Donghae's hold, nodding as something quickly spiked his attention and walked to the cashier.
 
Standing in front of the waiting counter, he watched Donghae smiling brightly while preparing his order himself, and thought that maybe Donghae really liked his job.
 
 
Just like I really, really like you.
 
 
 
 
 

----------------------------------------------------

This is way too short but I'm a little stuck with the 7th cup so yeah, this will have to do since I don't think I'll be able to update quickly this week ;; but I promise I'm working on it! 

Thank you so much for the subs and comments! <3

(also, this is honestly my favorite chapter so far ^~^)