7

10 Cups Of Coffee

 

 
7- Hazelnut Macchiato
 
 
"So," Hyukjae started, "what are you going to order?"
 
After a couple of days of deep - really, really deep - thought, Hyukjae finally had the guts to ask Donghae out. Maybe he wasn't actually that brave, since he never mentioned the word date or anything that would lead the brunette to think of their encounter in that way, but he felt a little proud of himself.
 
"I don't know" Donghae laughed a little, his features changing from concentration to playfulness. "I kind of feel like you now."
 
Hyukjae snickered but laughed too, wholeheartedly, wrinkles around his eyes and all that.
 
"Well," he started, "I know what I'm going to order, this time."
 
"Okay, I'll want the same thing then. I mean, you at picking good drinks, so I suppose you might be better at choosing food?"
 
Hyukjae playfully stuck out his tongue as he called the waiter and ordered doenjang jjigae to share, stealing a glance from Donghae and not missing the approving little smile the other had.
 
"So," Hyukjae cocked his head to the side softly while staring intently at Donghae. "We always talk about the future and about things we'd like to do, but we never take it too seriously though. Honestly, where do you see yourself in a couple of years?"
 
Donghae also tilted his head in thought, playing absentmindedly with his fingers.
 
"I know, I always take it as a kind of joke and start babbling about utopian dreams and stuff, but you're right, we should talk about it for real." he straightened himself up a bit, still averting his eyes from Hyukjae's. "Maybe I'd like to own a coffee shop or something. I really do like my job, but I can't work at Starbucks forever, you know? And I like to cook, as well. So maybe I could open a bakery someday...? I don't know, it's just... I don't really know." he snickered. "What about you? Do you have any delusional dreams as well?" 
 
"I do have some absurd goals for the future, but yours are pretty okay, you know. They aren't impossible. I mean, I can't really tell, since you've never cooked for me..." he had a lopsided grin on his face, earning a playful and weak punch from Donghae, followed by a promise of I'll make sure to prove it to you one day. "But really, aside from my I'll be a millionaire resolution, I just want to have a comfortable life. I don't care if it's either owning my own company or working for other people, I just want to, I don't know, be happy? Oh my god, that sounds pretty terrible out loud. Forget I even said anything."
 
"It doesn't" Donghae interrupted. "That's all I want, too."
 
They had little goofy smiles on their faces while staring at each other, smiling wider when the steaming bowl arrived, because they were just so freaking hungry.
 
 
*
 
 
After finishing their dinner and arguing just a little over who'd pay the check, they ended up heading towards Starbucks. It wasn't Hyukjae's idea, surprisingly, but they were craving some coffee and it was the closest coffee shop around, so laziness had beaten them.
 
"Okay, since I was the one ordering earlier, it's your turn now. After all, you're the coffee speacialist here, aren't you?"
 
Donghae laughed loudly, already dragging Hyukjae to the cashier with him. "I am, actually. Why does it look like you can't admit it?"
 
He laughed back, shrugging a little and mumbling I just don't like to accept defeat, okay. "I'm a little full though, so whatever you're planning on ordering, make it small, would you?"
 
Donghae nodded while giving him a look that he didn't really understand.
 
Order paid, Hyukjae picked a random seat for them, waiting a bit until Donghae came back with two similar cups, handing the smaller one to Hyukjae as he sat down as well.
 
"We are ordering the same thing again? Are you copying me or did you lose all your creativity?" Hyukjae asked while laughing lightly, with Donghae scowling mockingly.
 
"That's because this is a really good drink, okay? Silly." Donghae seems to think for a while, before his expression turns a little serious. "But there's something I've been willing to tell you for a while now." 
 
 
Hyukjae freezes. 
 
"There's no such thing as small/medium/large, though. They are called tall/grande/venti, actually." Donghae laughs.
 
Hyukjae blinks and then laughs too.
 
 
Well. Okay.
 
 
*
 
 
They drank their coffee, keeping their pattern of small and meaningless talk until what seemed like a bit too late. Hyukjae dropped Donghae off, and he wasn't really surprised when all he got was a quick wave and thanks, that was really fun as they said goodbye.
 
 
 
But it's not fair to say that he wasn't just a tiny bit hopeful that maybe he would get a short peck (or something, anything) from Donghae. So it was fair enough for him to get home, ignore Yesung's annoying interrogation and sort of lock himself and his feelings inside his bedroom, at least for the night.
 
 
 
 
 
_______________________________________
 
Finallyyyyyyy I've finished this chapter ;; I've been working on it all week, seriously.
So yep, thank you so much for subscribing and commenting, you guys <3
 
(oh, and maybe I've changed Hyukjae's job? But since I've never really mentioned it before, I guess it doesn't make much of a difference lol)
 
((and, again, I feel like this is way too short. oh well.))
 
(((last note, i promise; I made a new twitter account, so, feel free to follow me here /)o(\ )))