Chapter 28: A song

The other side of Change [Hiatus]

“Our little So Min was perfect while playing, wasn’t she?” Kyuhyun grinned and looked now from Ahra to Henry and his parents, who were shaking with their heads at Kyuhyun’s childishness. “What?” he pouted and looked now from one now to other.

“Stop acting so childishly,” mother scolded him, making him to pout. “On top of that, you should at least tell So Min the reason why she is here and something more than just reason.” She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.

I looked at Kyuhyun and waited for a moment, before I stood up, startling everyone. I walked to the window, seeing it was still day and looked at Kyuhyun’s reflection in the window. He was thinking of what he should say and I knew he was regretting it.

“Seriously…” I murmured, gaining his attention. Letting a sigh out, I walked to him and hit his head hardly.

“That hurts!” he covered his head and glared at me.

“That was for telling me to go to America.” I hissed, making him frown before I hit him again. “That was for not stopping me.” Just before I hit him for third time, I stopped and hid hand behind my back, making a fist. “You stupid brother.” I murmured. “You should be going to America, not me.” I huffed and crossed my arms, looking away.

Everyone was quiet and kept staring at me, until Kyuhyun stood up and pulled me in tight hug. A little was I surprised, but I knew that all he needed was a little push.

“I am sorry…” he whispered and hugged me tighter.

“If you think I will forgive you are wrong,” I murmured and hugged him back, “because I forgave you long time ago.” I smiled.

“These two will bury me alive.” I heard Ahra laughing with others agreeing.

I looked at everyone and smiled, knowing that no matter what they will do, I could never be angry at them. For a little while yes, but the next day, or maybe the same, I will already miss them, their talk, their jokes and their worry.

For the rest of the day, we played different games and told each other’s jokes and stories of what was going around for these three months. Indeed I missed them, but a little was I wondering about Daniel and where he disappeared to.

“What are you thinking?” Ahra appeared beside me.

“Nothing,” I smiled and looked up into cold night. “I heard it will snow tonight.” I added in murmur.

“It will?” she murmured surprised and looked up into sky as well. “Indeed it is cold, but to snow…I don’t think so.” She smiled and held my hand. “Let’s go inside,” she added.

“I will stay out for a while more.” I looked at her. She nodded and walked inside, while Kyuhyun walked to my side.

We were quietly looking at the stars, before a small white fly fell on my nose. “Ah!” I gasped, making Kyuhyun to quickly look at me in worry. “Snow…” I murmured and looked up into sky, making him confused.

“Snow?” he murmured and reached his hand out, snowflake landing on his hand. I looked at him and saw a smile forming on his lips as he looked up into sky. I smiled and looked into sky as well.

We stayed in silence, until mother walked on the balcony. “You should come inside. It is getting colder and it even started snowing.” She said in worry.

“Yes, mother.” I smiled and held Kyuhyun’s hand, surprising him. “Let’s go inside,”

“Yeah…” he murmured and followed me inside.

“Are you going to be alright?” Mother worried and held my hands, while standing near the exit on the airport.

“I will be fine,” I chuckled and pulled her in a hug.

“It is snowing outside, you know.” She said and pulled away from me. “Stay for a while more and go after the weather gets better.” She pleaded.

“I am here for one week already, mother. I need to go back to continue with my school.” I said and released her hand.

“Kyuhyun, tell her to come back home.” She looked at Kyuhyun.

“So Min,” he called and stepped forward. I slowly raised my head and looked at him. “You know you can come home, right now, right?” he asked with faint smile.

“I do,” I smiled. “But now is done what is done.” I said and held his hand, feeling he was cold. “You need to take care of yourself better, Kyu oppa.” I smiled and tilted my head to the side.

“I will,” he chuckled and pulled me in tight hug. “Take care and I am really sorry for all the harm I have caused you.” He whispered for only me to hear.

“I told you it is okay,” I chuckled and hugged him back. “Now I really should go, otherwise the plane will go without me.” I pulled away before I hugged Ahra and father. “Take care and do send me a message or letter from time to time, because you already know where I live.” I glanced at Kyuhyun, making him frown.

“That-” He tried to say something, but instead he shut his mouth and looked away.

“I think it really is better to keep quiet.” Ahra let a laugh out and shook with her head, before she looked at me. “As for you, come home for first holidays, which is Christmas~” she smiled widely.

“I will try,” I smiled and held my suitcase. “See you,” I waved with free hand and walked to the exit.

“So Min,” Kyuhyun called and ran to me. I looked at him in confusion, before he pulled me in tight hug and whispered. “Write a song. The one that you composed, Only with you, was beautiful.” He smiled once he pulled away.

I smiled and nodded in reply. “I will,” I whispered and walked towards exit. Once again I looked behind and saw them looking at me with sad smile. Father nodded slowly and raised a hand to wave. Mother wiped away the tear that just streamed down her cheek. Ahra was holding Kyuhyun’s hand and squeezed it tightly, trying not to cry. Kyuhyun was looking at me with sad expression.

A sad smile formed on my lips as I bowed and disappeared on the long hallway.

It passed one day, before I was back in United States, standing on the airport, looking around for any familiar face, but there was none. Letting a sigh out I walked to closest bench and sat down, looking at people passing by either in rush or slowly.

“So Min,” A female voice startled me after time of almost giving up that no one will come to pick me up.

I looked up and saw Mo Nii standing in front of me with wide smile. “Mo Nii?” I stood up. “What are you doing here?” I asked and looked around.

“I came to pick you up.” She said and held my suitcase.

“What do you mean by ‘pick you up’?” I was confused and started following her when she started walking towards exit.

“Daniel asked me to pick you up, since he doesn’t have time and neither does Mary.” She shortly explained and stopped by stairs. “I can’t believe it started snowing.” She huffed.

I looked at her and chuckled at her expression. “You are funny,” I said and held my suitcase. “On top of that, you hate snow?” I asked and looked at her, walking down the stairs.

“You have no idea.” She murmured and followed me.

“Are you with taxi?” I asked and looked back in front.

“Yeah,” she sighed. “Here,” she murmured and walked to yellow cab. I followed her and put suitcase into the trunk, before I sat on the backseat next to Mo Ni. She told the driver an address and drove on the road.

“Can we stop somewhere before?” I asked and looked at Mo Nii.

“Sure,” she nodded confused.

I smiled and looked at driver. “Please go to Manhattan Mall on 33d Street.” I said. The driver nodded in understanding and the right side.

“Why are we going to the Mall?” Mo Nii asked and looked at me.

“I want to write a song,” I smiled and leaned back.

“A song?” she was even more confused. “What for? And for who?” she asked.

“For my family.” I smiled and looked through window, seeing snow peacefully falling from the sky. “I am going to write a song for my family…” I whispered.


A/N

I am sorry for not updating before, but I didn't have much time to write.

I hope you will enjoy in this chapter and leave a comment behind. It brightens my day. :)