more than you | yoseob

Officially Missing You

note: This took forever to start. I actually had the idea already worked out, but I haven't had time to really sit down and write it until now. :] I hope you all enjoy~ One of the most respected idols in Korea: Yang Yoseob... and my personal bias. ;D Reviews are love!

For reference, his fancam can be found HERE!

 

music: Yang Yoseob (My Princess OST Pt. 1) – Cherish That Person

 

[ four | more than you ]

 

“___-ah!”

 

Noona!”

 

The ringing calls that came from the living room of the dorm pulled you out of your deep thoughts and back to reality, where you were sitting in the kitchen with your phone in your hand. Your finger was lingering stiffly against the button that would confirm and send off message on the screen. Seob-ah... I miss you. Do well on your schedule today!

 

With an uneasy sigh, you pressed the button and trudged into the living room to join the members still hollering for you. “Okay, I'm here! I'm here!” you said as you plopped down between Dongwoon and Hyunseung on the couch. “Why are you so excited?”

 

It's Saturday, ___,” their manager told you as he flipped on the small TV. “Did you forget?”

 

You raised an eyebrow, mulling it over in your brain before tensing in your seat. “Oh!” Just as the realization hit you, the show had already blasted onto the TV screen, the bright colors of the Oh My School set lighting up the dim room.

 

Ne, Yoseob-sshi?” one of the MCs, Park Kyung Lim just finished saying.

 

You watched, eyes wide as the contrast of the screen dimmed and you were able to focus on the set. Yang Yoseob, your boyfriend of several months now, was currently the focal point of the camera, that notorious lovable grin on his face. Your mouth curled unconsciously into a smile to echo it, and Dongwoon jumped on the action.

 

Ah, ___-noona misses him,” he teased, bumping his shoulder against yours playfully.

 

You flashed him a halfhearted glare. “Of course I do. I don't get to see him as much as I want to.”

 

If you got to see him as much as you wanted, he'd never leave the house,” their manager chimed in with a chuckle.

 

You shrugged like it was the most obvious fact in the world. “Exactly.”

 

There was a short burst of laughter from the men in the room before you all re-focused on the TV. “Kikwang-hyung is there today too,” Dongwoon pointed out with a smirk.

 

You sighed. Yoseob didn't really look like the type, but he definitely had a competitive streak. Of course, he was an entertainer, so competition was inherent, but who didn't like to come out on top when it came to competition between your members? Just as you were about to express your concern about the wars about to ensue, you felt your phone vibrate. Sparing a glance at the TV, you looked down at the screen and read the message that had popped up. Are you watching? ^^

 

The empty reply had you raising your eyebrows. Not that you were exactly hoping for something over-the-top and disgustingly sweet, but a simple 'I miss you, too' would have done the trick. You pouted at your phone before burying it and your hands back into your hoodie pockets. With an indignant huff, you trained your eyes back on the TV, where the others' attention was still directed.

 

'What exactly am I supposed to be watching for?' you thought, shooting death glares at your boyfriend and his castmates as the camera bounced back-and-forth between them. The karaoke challenge portion of the show was going on now, where the members tried to guess and sing through the random selection of songs that were played. Just as the tune of a familiar ballad cut off, you saw several of the cast members shoot up from their seats, Lee Joon and Yoseob among them. Joon shot forward for the mic they sang into.

 

No!” Yoseob exclaimed, just as he ducked underneath the taller MBLAQ member and pushed his way into the seat, his hands fumbling for the mic.

 

When Joon collided with him, a gasp was torn from your throat. Dongwoon, Hyunseung, and their manager were chuckling with amusement.

 

Why is he taking this so seriously today?” Hyunseung asked with a laugh while Yoseob rattled off the title of the song.

 

Your eyebrows scrunched together in suspicion. “Oh no...”

 

All eyes in the room flashed questioningly to you, just as Yoseob began singing to the tune provided for him. There was a smile on his face, mirrored almost ominously by Kikwang, who was standing behind him with his hands on his shoulders. There was pride on Kikwang's face, even though he was on the other team. Your eyes went wide. “He's not really-”

 

Just then, Yoseob paused to clear his throat. He'd been singing the song confidently, and you could tell from the ease in his shoulders that he knew it, but he still stopped, as if preparing for a big finish. “The words 'I love you', the words 'I always miss you'~ As much as these words are never enough, I cherish that person~” [1]

 

There was a palpable catch in the studio, and the chaos unfolded almost too quickly for your hazy brain to catch. You were too busy trying to calm the thudding in your chest and hoping to restore the breath you seemed to have lost. Wide-eyed and shocked beyond reaction, your eyes barely registered as Yoseob was pushed playfully off the seat by both Kikwang and Joon, their teasing screams still not breaking through the pounding of your heartbeat in your ears. You vaguely felt the sensation as Dongwoon began shaking you, but you ignored his excited queries and kept your eyes glued to the screen.

 

Sure enough, Yoseob winked at the camera before disappearing behind the mass of bodies with a feigned sob of disappointment. All the functions of your body crashed down on you all at once.

 

That was for you, wasn't it?” Dongwoon was practically yelling in your ear. “He knows the words to that song!”

 

Hyunseung was shaking his head and chuckling, slapping you lightly on the back. Even their manager was snickering quietly behind one hand.

 

You glanced blankly at Dongwoon, meaning to reply before you felt your pocket vibrate. Almost automatically, your hand shot into the hoodie to pull out your phone. The room went silent, except for the wild cheering and screaming from the TV.

 

I always miss you more than you miss me... ;) [2]

 

You felt the tears prick your eyes, and you bit the inside of your cheek to snip the urge at its bud. You weren't usually the crying type, but you were finding it extremely hard to keep your eyes dry ever since you began dating Yang Yoseob. The man just knew how to draw out all kinds of emotions from you. 'He'll be the death of me,' you thought, even as a content smile wormed its way onto your lips.

 

Dongwoon scoffed, shaking his head. “Yoseob-hyung is just that good, isn't he?” he muttered as he eased back against the couch.

 

Your nod was reflexive. “Yeah, he is.”

 

[-x-]

 

end note: -shot- Holy crap, there was so much OOC in this. Or at least, it felt that way. I think I let my overactive fangirl imagination run wild with me on this one. ^^; I apologize if the OOC made it unbearable. xD I have too much repressed liking for Yoseob, I guess. Ahahaha~ Anyway, let me know how you liked it! Please review~ c:

 

[1] These lyrics were actually taken from his OST song for My Princess. :] I was just planning on making lyrics up, but it was meant to be – because I just happened to be listening to this one today~ ;D Also, they were edited just a tiny bit (for cohesiveness). [cr] ib2utyful.blogspot.com

[2] This was not his actual reply during the interview. It was something along the lines of 'more than you' (that part was in English)... and 'I miss you more' – something like that. (See fancam.) I decided to edit it to make it flow better. I hope it worked. :]