turn around | doojoon

Officially Missing You

note: Oh, these boys. They make my day – a lot. c: I thought it fitting to dedicate something to them, considering I don't see nearly enough writing out there for them. I hope to contribute with this mini-series. :] I will be going by age, so up first is the Nation's Boyfriend~! Sadly, that means I have quite a ways from my eternal bias. xD

 

music: BEAST – Special

 

[ one | turn around ]

 

You stared down at the bright LED screen of your phone with mortification. Oh, God. You actually sent the message! You flipped through your sent messages over and over, like looking at it would change the fact that you'd sent it. Maybe you should delete it? Not that it would make a difference to him, but at least there would be no proof on your phone.

 

You turned to the message and re-read it again, fighting the urge to cringe. 'I really miss you. I feel like it's been so long. Come visit me again soon.' Hastily, you punched buttons to delete it. Even as the confirmation screen popped up, you felt the frown on your face deepen.

 

Shame flooded you as the sinking realization that it changed nothing settled in your mind. Your face fell to your hands. “Aww, no~ No, no, no!” Well, at least there was no one to watch as you suffered from this horrible guilt.

 

As if it wasn't bad enough that Doojoon had to be away from you for long periods of time because of work, you had to go and add on to the stress. You understood, really you did. When he had free time, he would sneak away from the hectic pressures of being a national idol and spend some time with you. Sure, it was usually in your apartment or their dorm, and you were never really able to go out on dates in public, but you could live with that. Showing him off would've been amazing, but being with him was far more important.

 

Just as you were about to fall into bed to try and be rid of the embarrassment, you felt your phone vibrate in your hand. You let it fly out of your hand and across the bed from shock, but then it started with that familiar jingle of your text tone. With a shaking hand, you snatched up your phone from within the rumpled folds of your sheets and read the message on the bright screen.

 

Look behind you

 

Your eyes went wide with excitement before they narrowed again in confusion. Wait, what? Okay, in any number of circumstances, that would've been one of the best answers in the history of romance, but you were in your bedroom. It was dark and quiet because you'd been getting ready for bed, so unless he was pulling a Harry Houdini, there was no way he could be in the room – standing behind you, no less. You were just about to hit reply when the phone began vibrating again. This time when it started singing, you recognized it as your ringtone for him.

 

Anxious, and extremely confused, you picked up after a few seconds. “H-hello?”

 

I know that doesn't make sense if you take it literally, but it sounded good, didn't it?” His deep voice was laced with amusement, but it replaced your guilt with slight irritation.

 

So I guess that means you're not actually here?” you replied on a whisper.

 

There was a resonant chuckle on the other end. “Turn around, ___.”

 

Almost reflexively, you did as he said. There was nothing behind you but your curtained window, but that didn't- Holy crap! With a gasp, you shot out of bed and scrambled over to your small window, yanking the curtains and shades back without a thought. The creamy light from the moon shone into your otherwise dim room, but your eyes focused immediately downwards, to the ground floor two stories below.

 

Doojoon stared up at you with a gleaming grin on his handsome face, a hand waving up at you. The hood of his light jacket was pulled over his head, but you could still see the amusement shining on his face. “Hi~!” he called, the word carrying over the phone line and from beyond the window.

 

You almost dropped the phone, your eyes stinging with what you knew was the threat of tears. “Oh, Doojoon...”

 

His teasing grin was replaced with a soft smile. “Come down here and let me in, ___. I missed you, too.”

 

[-x-]

 

end note: ;D I picked up all translations from a fancam (which can be found HERE) and the comments... I reworded some for variety, I didn't follow the exact thing because I read that he actually said he wouldn't actually be there (“how funny would that be?”). But that wouldn't be as romantic, true? xD Hope you enjoyed! More will be coming as soon as I crank them out. :] Reviews would be much appreciated!