Chapter 3: Photograph

[HIATUS] A Complicated Kind of Love.

Numerous police cars started to pull up. The sounds of their whistles shrieked throughout the area as they chased the young male delinquents that dared to disturb the peace.

 

“Minho! Come on man let’s go.”

“Minho run, they’re after us!”

The very few remaining DongWon High students called out in desperation to their 'leader'. Minho’s head was in a blur as he turned left and right, trying to spot the police.

 

He couldn’t just leave like that though….he didn’t want to leave.

 

“I can’t concentrate right now. Aishh what’s going on here?” Minho frustratingly asked himself in a low and quiet voice as he roughly ran his hair through his dark curly locks.

 

He looked up at Sooyoung. Her tall frame, friendly face, soft voice…after so much time had passed, he had finally found her. How could he just leave?

 

At that moment, he firmly grabbed hold of her wrist and began to run off into the rain.

 

Unknowingly, the umbrella fell straight onto the wet floor. Somewhere between the quick escape of the two, Changmin’s grip on the umbrella diminished. Naturally, he let go of it…for some reason it no longer had any use when it was only him under it.

 

Changmin raised his eyes slightly. He sensed this odd sensation slowly taking over his body as he watched the two run further and further away. One thing was certain, this feeling….this unfamiliar feeling didn’t make him feel too happy.

 

Sooyoung and Minho’s figures slowly faded away from the trio’s vision. They were astounded by the DongWon student’s actions.

 

Sooyoung gasped in the sudden sense of his touch. Off they ran down the crowded streets. She had no idea who this Choi Minho was, but she didn’t hesitate to follow. Minho’s hold slowly began to fall, slowly tracing down as he now held onto her soft warm hand. He held onto it tighter as he continued to lead her off into the street.

 

They turned to a narrow alley that had a small area that would cover them from the rain. A little place that would give them a break from the cold drips of water falling non stop from the sky. They leaned against the brick walls and panted, trying to catch their breath once again.

Sooyoung stared at the boy beside her. She stared at the stranger who had pulled her out into the rain….the one that caused her to be drenched in water from head to toe.

 

Minho turned to her direction and caught her glance

“Noona, did you ever participate in a marathon or something? You run pretty fast!” He gave her thumbs up and smiled happily…such an innocent smile.

 

Sooyoung let out a small giggle in response. Who are you?

 

“Yah! They’re over here!” Yuri screamed at the top of her lungs furiously. The three of them finally caught up as they were only a few steps away now.

“You curly haired freak! Why are you dragging my unnie around? Are you trying to abduct her or something? I’m going to tell the police where you are!” Yuri shouted as the group continued to run towards them.

 

As much as he didn’t want to, Minho knew it was time to disappear.

He lightly pushed Sooyoung against the wall and looked straight into her eyes.

 

“Noona no matter what, you must promise me this….remember who I am this time alright? Remember who I am. I’m Choi Minho. Can you remember that name noona? Choi Minho!”

 

With that being said, he continued to run away down the alley, leaving her behind. Sooyoung watched the guy as he took footsteps further away.

 

“Unnie, are you alright?” Sooyoung turned to face her sister.

Changmin’s feet slowly took over and again without really knowing, he began to walk over to Sooyoung ---he held the umbrella over her.  

 

 “Look at that weirdo…what the hell is he doing now?”  Eunhyuk said as he scratched his head in confusion. 

 

He was now just a small figure out in the horizon, just barely viable to the human eye.

Minho was waving his hand widely in the air as he smiled and shouted one last time, “NOONA! THE NAME IS CHOI MINHO! REMEMBER IT’S CHOI MINHO!”

 

All four of them stared at the DongWon high individual. Amongst those stares, Changmin’s was filled with so much more annoyance....with such distaste.

 

~

 

When the sounds of whistles and sirens were no longer audible, Minho stopped and stood underneath a store billboard sign. He pulled out his wallet from his back pocket and opened it up.

 

Inside was a dearly valuable item he posessed.

Inside was a single photograph.

A picture of a young girl.

 

Minho rubbed the photo gently with his fingers and smiled.

 

_________________________

A/N: Like I said in my other FF. I am currently living without a laptop or a PC, so please understand that updates MAY be slower than usual, since majority of updates will now be from my phone O.O

I actually wasn't planning on updating this at all today, but thought it's kinda wierd that this thing only had two chapter ahaha. But still, I appologize that it is quite short though....

Oh & uhh I changed Sooyoung being a highschool student into a college student...'cuz I think it'll match a little more better.

& yes, Minho is younger. In fact Sooyoung is the oldest. Minho is the same age as everyone else --- Yuri, Eunhyuk & Changmin LOL (Sunny + Sungmin = same age as Sooyoung.)...might be a little odd but that's how it is. The'yre just one year younger though so no worries.