Chapter 11: It's Nothing

[HIATUS] A Complicated Kind of Love.

The curious boy pulled the chair that was neatly tucked into their maple desk that lay in the centre of their bedroom as he placed it nicely in front. He plopped himself comfortably onto the cushioned seat then began to squint his eyes as he desperately tried to make out what was wrong with her face. He tilted his head to the left then to the right while rubbing his hair in frustration; he couldn't quite figure it out.

Just then her eyes opened. He was truly regretting the fact that he didn’t come prepared, regretting the fact that he didn’t get it on camera since he knew that she would question his antics.

 

“Yah, what the hell are you doing Key?” Sooyoung rubbed the dry crust off the corner of her eyes as she struggled to sit up from her bed.

“Noona, what’s wrong with your face?” he innocently replied back.

“Are you serious right now Kim Kibum? Are we seriously going to go through that again?” She stared at the boy hoping he’d just stop, for she wanted to avoid as much physical activity as possible during mornings. Early mornings were her enemy.

“No noona,” he shook his hands desperately. “I’m serious this time, like really serious. I swear on my bowl of rice!”

She raised an eyebrow at her odd little brother as she sighed, “Where’s Yuri?”

“I think she’s frying some eggs for breakfast.”

 

She glanced at her watch – 8:00 AM. How her little siblings had the ability to naturally wake up early in the morning (as their mom was at work) during a weekend was mind boggling to Sooyoung. All those past years living with her dad meant wake up time by 11:00 AM at the earliest during both Saturdays and Sundays.

 

“Oh good idea, I think I should probably go get her and maybe she’ll know what was wrong with your face.” He looked as if a light bulb inside his creative small head.

“YURI NOOOONNNAAAA~” he screamed at the top of his lungs all the while not moving one inch from the chair.

Sooyoung covered her head with her side pillow. Damn this little boy has one big lung capacity.

In a flash Yuri entered the room still with an apron wrapped around her skinny waist.

“WHAT?” she panted.

“Sooyoung noona…there was something wrong with her face.”

Yuri glanced over to her sister who was now finally removing the pillow off her head, realizing that the screams no longer ringed in her ears.

“What are you talking about Key? She looks the same…well; maybe her face is a little more bloated today, but hmm still the same.” She cocked her head to the side.

“YAH! Bloated?!” Sooyoung rubbed her cheeks gently.  “It’s not my fault that my face naturally expands like this…”

 

“No noona. She was like this.”

Key slumped into the chair and brought his feet up to Sooyoung’s bed. He closed his eyes tightly and grabbed a pillow between his arms hugging it aggressively. Along his face he showcased a small slight odd smile --that, was Key’s impersonation of his eldest sister.

 

Sooyoung’s eyes widened as Yuri let out one long loud laugh. I DO NOT LOOK LIKE THAT!

“You idiot, can’t you see? Those are the symptoms of when you’re in loveeee~” Yuri cooed as she eyed her sister.

Sooyoung’s eyes dilated at Yuri’s blasphemy.

 

Awkwardness flew over Key at that moment…a little too much information about his sister’s life. He let out an odd giggle as he stood up and headed to the door.

“U-u-uhm, good job noona?” He didn’t quite know what to say. “Just make sure I get to see brother in law soon alright?” With that, he ran out the room slightly embarrassed that he didn’t notice.

Brother in law?!?! Who the hell said I'm marrying that guy???

 

“WTH Yuri! Don’t say such nonsense. You totally corrupted Key now…you’re responsible for anything stupid that he thinks of me now.”

“Oh come on unnie, you KNOW you’re excited." She lightly nudged her older sister.

"Besides, Changmin called me yesterday telling me that you’re both dating now. Psh, that guy sounded like he was gonna die of happiness.” Yuri smiled at her.

“Dating? It was all just one big misunderstanding…I never agreed to anything. I’ll tell him today and settle this issue. I’m telling you it’s nothing.”

“Pshhh whatever you say unnie…” She lightly brushed off Sooyoung’s words away as she headed back to the kitchen to check up on her eggs.

 

Before leaving she stopped at the door and without turning around she asked,

“Unnie, just one more thing…if you didn’t agree and if all of it is nothing why are you smiling in your sleep when you usually sleep with your mouth all open and nasty? If it’s nothing, why were you hugging your pillow so tightly when usually we find them all on the floor in the morning as if you beat the poor fluffy objects to death? If it’s nothing, why do you have that cell phone so nicely kept underneath your pillow? Hmm? So unnie, is it really nothing?”

With that, Yuri vanished out their bedroom, leaving behind Sooyoung in a complete loss for words.

 

Sooyoung sat up straight in her bed and pulled out the cell phone that was indeed hidden carefully underneath.

How the hell did she know? I wouldn't have even freakin remembered putting this here anyway...

She stared at the mirror that was placed directly across from her bed. She looked at the reflection of the girl that was looking back at her.

 

Did she really know the answers to it all? Was it really nothing?

 

“So Yuri noona, is it all the truth? She has a boyfriend?” Key whispered from outside still somewhat curious about the subject; although, his bright voice completely audible to Sooyoung’s sharp hearing.

I DON’T HAVE ONEEEEE!” She screamed out loud as she threw a pillow out the door.

 

After regaining calmness, again she stared at her reflection for a few seconds before looking carefully back down at the cell phone she gently held in her small hands.